Iberia

"no explanations about what to do"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Bruxelles to Bordeaux via Madrid. We left 45 min late from Brussels and arrived 40 min late in Madrid. I had a connection flight to Bordeaux but after running in the airport I was too late for boarding and they denied my entrance. No information from the stewards about what to do after landing was given, during the flight from Brussels to Madrid - after getting off the plane no Iberia employees to answer simple questions - when arrived at the gate and denied from entering the plane, no explanations about what to do were given. They told me to go back to where I was from to deal with the Iberia desk already full - on the way back, I asked for directions to Iberia employees but none could give me a clear answer.
RouteBruxelles to Bordeaux via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not have my meal on board"

Trip Verified | I booked business class from London to Quito return. Am a long standing customer of BA and my meal options are long registered. I confirmed my meal options (vegetation lacto-ovo) separately with Iberia as the BA app doesn’t allow you to do much even though they own Iberia. Both my long haul flights to Quito and back did not have my meal on board. Given there were only meat options on board I couldn’t eat much. What’s the point of paying so much if they can’t take care of such a basic thing. Having said that on my return flight the steward made a lot of effort to put it right.
RouteMadrid to Quito
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Terrible customer service. On check in online we discovered that on the both flights (London - Madrid / Madrid Bogota) we were seated separately, on the first flight the computer denied us the the option of sitting together, on the flight Madrid - Bogota, the computer blocked the free seats, even though the plane was half empty, and forced us to pay to sit together. When we complained, their response was we allocated you the seats that you purchased, and when we told them that they were wrong, and if allocated to us those seats, we should not have to pay for them. We have been ignored after our response.
RouteLondon to Bogota via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"expected to receive a priority seat"

Trip Verified | Marseille to Tokyo via Madrid. Travelling with a 11 months baby I had just expected to receive a priority seat with carrycot. But priority seats are sold to those who want space for legs and not reserved as a priority to families. A 14 hours flight with a baby on your knees.
RouteMarseille to Tokyo via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I lost my connection"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Palma de Mallorca to Marrakech via Madrid. I lost my connection for lack of service, had to spend the night in a average hotel with no suitcase. And on my way back they lost my suitcase and took it home in the next day, the suitcase was damaged. They answered my email saying sorry for my inconvenience.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Marrakech via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they left our luggage in London"

Trip Verified | London to Madrid. The seats were very tight. I am 5' 9 and weigh 185lbs. But my complaint was with the service. First they left our luggage (along with about 10 or 12 other people) in London. It does happen, but our luggage was not delivered to our hotel the next day. When we called about the luggage, there were at least 4 transfers between automated lines, when I finally reached a live person the staff was so rude! They refused to give any information. They said they couldn't contact the delivery company to get our luggage to us. They said we would have to wait for someone to call us. And of course compensation was out of the question. The worse Customer service of any airline I have ever flown.
RouteLondon to Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"lost our connections flight"

Trip Verified | My flight been delayed yesterday more then 3 hours and have connection flight from Madrid to São Paulo. In London no one inform us or just helping us. After the plane arrived it’s delayed again about one hour. We arrived to Madrid late we lost our connections flight to São Paulo and they lost our bags .. we been waiting in the information desk and no help or give us water or food. And not accommodate us our next flight been booked the following day at mid night.
RouteLondon to São Paulo via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Staff was really friendly"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Lima to Prague via Madrid. I read horrible review about Iberia before my flight, but nothing horrible happened. We took off from Lima 30 min after schedule (which I think is ok), the food was good, they offered coffee and drinks. There’s not much space for your legs but I cannot complain about anything else. Staff was really friendly, I got my bag, so for me really good service
RouteLima to Prague via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"This was a terrible flight"

Trip Verified | London to Cuba via Madrid. This was a terrible flight. Never reviewed an airline before but Iberia were poor. Started from the unhelpful miserable girl on the desk. Then on the flight cabin staff who were not interested in serving and requests made you feel like it was a chore. Then it gets worse. Was given a frozen solid dinner. No not just cold frozen solid! How she didn’t realise when she gave it says everything about them. Was a replaced by a lukewarm one. And the coming back from Cuba had 2 items stolen from my luggage. Opened a case a week ago still haven’t hrd anything at all. Don’t fly Iberia.
RouteLondon to Cuba via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2019

"only cost me £55 return"

Trip Verified | Madrid to London Heathrow. Checked in online with only hand luggage so quick passage through security which worked well. Airside Madrid had good variety of restaurants to choose which worked well. Boarding was slow but full A340-600 which is acceptable therefore. Seat was ok but 10 year old aircraft was showing its age. IFE was available but the screen is sensitive so a simple volume adjust causes you to lose what you were doing. No in-flight free service as it is by onboard. Ticket only cost me £55 return using my BA avios points so not to bothered by this. Okay overall but would not like to travel in this seat on a long-haul from Madrid to South America as many do.
AircraftA340-600