Iberia

"not credit any more miles with partner airlines"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I have just realised that Iberia will not credit any more miles with partner airlines, or at least not with the AAdvantage program of American Airlines, In the last 3 or 4 flights that I have done with Iberia, the only way I got my miles credited was by requesting the missing miles through AAdvantage, because Iberia never credits them by itself (in contrast with Qatar or British Airways which credit them in a matter of days). Finally, after requesting missing miles once again, AAdvantage sent me a mail denying my request on grounds of "Airline unable to validate". This is despite that I sent the boarding pass issued by Iberia and that my AAdvantage number is printed on the boarding pass itself. It really is disappointing. I believe this is becoming a generalized policy, given the rough times that airlines have gone through since the pandemic.
RouteMadrid to Hamburg
Date FlownMay 2022

"do not fly Iberia"

Not Verified | Madrid to Paris. Booked flight to Europe with American Airlines using miles, they made us use Iberia. I never heard of them before this trip. They lost my luggage and my wife's. Mine somehow made it the connection in Madrid. Hers was still at DFW after take off. I had air tags in each to track the luggage in case they were lost. I had to call the airline everyday to tell them where it was. They were clueless. Absolutely do not fly Iberia, ever. All the bad reviews are true. The customer service agents tell you lies and hang up on you on every call.
RouteMadrid to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2022

"good experience with this airline"

(Dominican Republic)

Trip Verified | My latest return trip from Santo Domingo to London via Madrid with Iberia in Row 4 was another good experience with this airline. The business class seats are very comfortable with rows 2 and 4 offering seats next to the window. A mattress of reasonable quality, a good size pillow and a blanket are offered with decent headphones and easy to manage controls for the seat and screen. The food is nothing special but it is not bad but the wines are all from Spain and lack a little delicacy. The crew have always been very efficient but never particularly friendly. Lavatories need cleaning a bit more during the flight, Best of all is the simple transit in Terminal 4S, I have never taken longer than 15 minutes from the arrival gate, through security and to the departure gate .. much longer if you do not continue with planes flying out of other terminals. Never a problem with baggage and my arrival at Heathrow terminal 5 was a good experience with the new scanners in place. Out in about 20 minutes. I am definitely an Iberia fan and a fan on Madrid airport.
AircraftA330 300
RouteSanto Domingo to London via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I find it very annoying being forced to check my carry on luggage"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I find it very annoying spending substantial amounts of money and then being forced, both ways (round trip flight), to check my carry on luggage because of a lack of space on the aircraft. On the outbound, I did not complain as I thought this was an exceptional circumstance. When the same situation presented again on the return flight, I turned upset and I asked how possibly space for carry on luggage are not granted for each passenger, especially considering no mention of this situation is detectable anywhere at the moment of the flight reservation. The response I received was unbelievable: for short and medium distance routes (like mine) Iberia uses probably older aircrafts where space of the above head lockers is calculated as: 1 carry on every 3 seats, I therefore wonder: is it normal or professional avoiding to mention this to the customer at the time of reservation, in light of the fact we are talking about the official air Company of Spain whose tickets are substantially expensive? Wouldn’t be better adapting the aircraft and its space to the current customer needs?
RouteMilan Linate to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"The airline has lost our bags"

Trip Verified | The airline has lost our bags on the start of a 4 week trip. We were given phone numbers for Havana where no one picks up, twitter response was sarcastic and implied we double check we flew with Iberia, we tried whatsapp and that apparently doesn't deal with baggage issues. The website says our bags can't be found and we tried the UK number with no information available and to be told that our contact details were not even attached to our ticket profile or claim (despite being an Iberia member and long time One World member so details are on everything). Understand that issues happen so not annoyed about that but the appalling customer service and total lack of information is infuriating.
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"come to the airport and hunt them down"

Trip Verified | There are no actual live people to take care of any issue. We went in person to the airport to claim our property and no one available. They have a third party company for their check in and even they don’t know any Iberia managers or employees. We apparently have to come to the airport and hunt them down maybe around 3 to 4 to get back our luggage. Unheard of to actually be able to contact someone on the phone. Please stay clear of Iberia.
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the airline lost our suitcase"

Trip Verified | I’m not in the habit of leaving reviews but my husband and I flew back from our honeymoon with Iberia and we are both extremely disappointed with the experience. Primarily because the airline lost our suitcase. This was a shared suitcase so contained most of his clothes, most of my nicest clothes, a lot of which were purchased specifically for the holiday. It also contained other items of both monetary and sentimental value which we are unlikely to ever be able to replace if we don’t get the bag back. We reported it missing at Heathrow and were told we would likely hear something within 24 hours. It’s now been a week and every time we call the phone number we were given, after waiting typically 1 hour on hold, we are just told “there is no information” and no one in the company, no matter how senior, can give us any information about where our case if or if we will ever get it back. This is completely unacceptable to me. We have to wait 21 days before the airline will confirm our bag is lost, meaning we are unsure what we ought to replace and what we should wait for. In addition to this, the flights home (we had a transfer) were very uncomfortable, there was minimal food, no option to buy additional food or drink, and the Wi-Fi didn’t work. The toilets were also all filthy.
RouteHavana to Heathrow via Madrid

"Terrible customer service"

(Puerto Rico)

Not Verified | San Juan to Madrid. The staff are terrible. The treatment is horrible and when you file a complaint nothing happens. Not even an I'm sorry. Worst experience on an airline that I have had ever and I fly a lot. The most disrespectful service ever. Avoid this airline at all cost pay more on another airline to get to Spain if your have to, but please avoid Iberia. Terrible customer service.
RouteSan Juan to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Still no refund given"

Trip Verified | This airline cancelled three flights in a row. They made us go to a terrible resort overnight, then come back to the airport just for the flight to be cancelled and service say they don't open until 7am and they couldn't get us on any flights that day. After this, trying to get our money back has been a nightmare. Still no refund given.
RoutePalma Mallorca to Ibiza
Date FlownJune 2022

"so much time and trouble"

Trip Verified | Miami to Madrid. If your company wants COVID tests, check them! I went through so much time and trouble and no one even checked them! What a joke. Just remove this requirement.
RouteMiami to Madrid