Iberia

"I've called 10 numbers and no one does anything"

Not Verified | My 73 year old aunt (in a wheelchair, because of a hip problem)and my 65 year old uncle, flew with Iberia today, London IB 3175, they were supposed to get a connection in Madrid to Porto IB8664. The first flight was delayed by 80 minutes and they missed their connection to Porto. They arrived in Madrid at 15:46 and have been until now left at the airport by Iberia! My aunt can't get up on her own and has been sat in a wheelchair for over 5 hours now. Iberia booked them on a flight tomorrow at 11:25 IB8776. Are they going to let an elderly disabled woman sleep in a wheelchair at the airport? I've called 10 numbers and no one does anything in Iberia! I'm waiting for my family here in Porto and my aunt and uncle need to be taken to a hotel by Iberia in Madrid!
RouteLondon to Porto via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"no information for hours"

Trip Verified | I was flying from London to Jerez, and it took me 48 hours. From one flight getting delayed three hours and no information on the matter during the waiting period, to lines of hours to reschedule connection flights with only one person working the counter, the next day my flight was also delayed with . My luggage was lost, they were not bothered to send it correctly to the destination and i was told this when checking in. Staff was super unhelpful at almost all points.
RouteLondon to Jerez via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"13 days before having it delivered home"

Not Verified | 1 hour and 45 check-in queue. First leg with Iberia express in new A320- seating is very bad, Flight was 45 mins delayed and I was almost certain to miss my connection flight in Madrid, but I made it. My luggage never arrived and waited 13 days before having it delivered home. This is the second time i take Iberia and they misplace my baggage.
RouteGran Canaria to Dublin via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2020

"a total lack of care for their customers"

Not Verified | We booked our flights back in September for Dec 18 - Jan 3th. About a month ago we were notified that the flight for Dec 18th was changed for Dec 17th, the day before. My husband and I had to take an additional day off work. Today we have been informed that our return flight has been changed from Jan 3th to the 4th, a day later. I have called customer service twice to kindly ask if they could either refund the price difference for the new and less desirable dates (from a Friday we were changed to a Thursday and from a Sunday to a Monday). They said rotundly no. Then I asked if, as a courtesy they could let us bring one 23kg suitcase (we only had cabin luggage included in the price of our ticket) since now our trip was two days longer. They didn't even entertain the idea. We asked to talk to their supervisors and they didn't pass them to us. We are regular Iberia customers and in our opinion, this reflects a total lack of care for their customers. Very disappointing.
RouteNew York JFK to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2020

"change my return flight"

Trip Verified | I booked my tickets in October 2020 and flew New York to Madrid in October. At that time, it showed on the website that the policy is flexible and I could change my flight for free due to Covid-19 situation. But today, I called customer service to change my return flight to a later date. I was charged $200 service fee and in addition, they charged me $2000 per ticket. So they asked me to pay $1650 price difference. I ended to give up my previous booking and rebuy a new ticket.
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I still trust Iberia"

Not Verified | We bought 4 tickets from Madrid to Havana for December 2020, but obviously it would not happen, because Havana airport is closed due to COVID. I did not want the voucher either, because I was not allowed to buy return leg in 2022. We preferred that because we wanted to spend the new years eve in Cuba. When Iberia postponed the outbound flight by 10 hours, I called them and asked for a refund, as I knew that entitles me. I did not receive any news from them for a few weeks. When I read the reviews about Iberia here, I panicked about the refund I was expecting from Iberia. I thought I would never get it. Then I checked my credit card, and I saw they had already refunded already, but I had not noticed for it came to the credit card, and I was expecting an e-mail notification. After all they paid it within a few weeks. I cannot complain. I thought I will write here and let people know that I still trust Iberia.
RouteMadrid to Havana
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Really bad experience with their customer service"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | We decided to cancel our flight to Mexico because of COVID-19 and they said they would give us vouchers. We never got the vouchers so I had to call to see what was going on. They sent the vouchers to my email and I thought it was the end of it. When we tried to use the vouchers to pay for another flight the vouchers didn't work. I called again and they said they were going to look into the problem in 3-10 days. I'm pretty sure it will take more than that which means I will most likely have to pay cash to buy my flight. Really bad experience with their customer service in during these difficult times.
RouteStockholm to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Never again for us Iberia!"

Not Verified | Iberia is one of the few airlines that consistently rejects all voucher payment requests that we have not requested. Iberia makes it virtually impossible for consumers to submit a claim through the website. Cannot be reached by e-mail and they also earn money by telephone as this costs € 0.35 per call. Dutch speakers are not on the line because they are supposedly busy, English-speaking agents are supposedly not authorized to authorize a refund action. It is clear that management is committed to undermining consumer rights. Never again for us Iberia!
RouteBrussels to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownMarch 2020

"waiting since April for the refund"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Buenos Aires via London bought through Iberia. Terrible Customer Support. I am waiting since April for the refund for my canceled flight to Buenos Aires due to Covid-19. Customer service is always telling me that the application for refund is complete but they cant tell me when the money will arrive. Now they even hung up on me as I kept asking for conformation for my request.
RouteFrankfurt to Buenos Aires via London
Date FlownApril 2020

"Never again flying with this terrible company"

Trip Verified | This company must have the worst customer service compared to any other European carrier. I was due to fly out of London on August 18th to LA but due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions I couldn't board the plane. I applied for a voucher and was told it was going to be ready in 5 business days. I received a response 20 days later saying my voucher is not approved. Despite being told on the phone it has been approved and it was a matter of sending me the approval via email. Never again flying with this terrible company.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Los Angeles