Iberia

"poor business class product"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Madrid. Shockingly poor business class product. An economy class seat at three times the price in exchange for a guaranteed empty middle seat. Lunch consisted of a tuna salad sandwich wrapped in a plastic package, which looked awful and tasted worse. Aircraft old and shabby, no IFE, no power or WiFi and shuttle gates at far end of A concourse in BCN. You simply could not of dreamed up a worse combination on this key route. Do yourself a huge favour and take the AVE fast train. So much more civilised on so many levels and such a better experience and value.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2018

"bad customer experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Santiago de Chile to Brussels via Madrid. The flight from Santiago to Madrid was fine. Only in Madrid did we see that our connection was canceled. When requesting assistance to change our flight at their helpdesk the attendants where rude and useless in helping us out. Because it was caused by a strike by the baggage handling company, they offered no options for refund. All in all a bad customer experience.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Brussels via Madrid

"regret choosing Iberia"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Barcelona via Madrid. All the passangers were comfortably seated, ready for take off when we were informed that there was a delay of 20 min, of which did not bother us much. Then another announcement, this time we were told to get our hand luggage and return to the boarding gate and wait there. Nearly 3 h later It was a total confusion at their desk, we were still waiting but Iberia did not look after us at all - No more update about the flight; No refreshment provisions; No respect for passenger's right. The only thing we knew was that there was a faulty piece that needed to be changed. Finally more than 6 hours later our flight took off. The hostess served the usual dinner and a drink, only once. Never again any host came back during the flight to offer us another drink, not even water. Our calls were ignored. In the morning before the landing we were not served any breakfast. When we asked for it the hostess refused and reasoned that they had no obligation to be in that flight since it was so late in leaving. The hostess were not pleasant, in fact not professional orientated; they made no effort to speak any Portuguese, we had to make the effort to speak Spanish if we wanted to communicate. I regret choosing Iberia and surely will never fly with them again!
RouteSao Paulo to Barcelona via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"electronic tickets not accepted"

Trip Verified | Marrakech to Madrid. We arrived 2 hours before just with our hand luggage at the airport and headed towards the boarding. There we where told that our electronic tickets are not accepted and that we have to print it at the Iberia counter. The Iberia counter was full with those who wants to drop-off their bags. We were told to do all the queue just to print the ticket. It took forever, they where teaching a trainee at the counter. A service-lady from the airport told me I should ask the office which are responsible for Iberia and Ryanair to print the tickets for me. The Lady there just refused to print our ticket without telling me why. As the priority-line of Iberia was empty I went to the counter and asked the check-in man if he would just be so friendly to print our tickets, we are about to miss our flight. He just refused talking to me as I had no priority tickets. In total we had to wait 1:30h just to print the tickets and almost missed our flight. We were lucky that there was no line at the security or passport-control. Why does Iberia not inform their customers about this printed ticket airport-regulation? We could have avoided all the stress by printing the tickets at our hotel and why is there no ticket-printer at the airport? Bad experience with very stressful hours which could be easily avoided.
RouteMarrakech to Madrid

"Not a good experience"

Trip Verified | London to Granada via Madrid. Not a good experience. The 1hr delay was not the airline's fault. Indeed the Captain got off to try and find the missing passenger. But the aircraft was old and tired. Business class seating is standard seats with the middle one empty. The food was awful for me. Service was slow and chaotic.
RouteLondon to Granada via Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the boarding was a mess"

Trip Verified | Madrid to New York JFK. The Information counter in Madrid Airport was a joke. Four personnel standing there doing nothing. When I approached the desk to ask a question about my 3 hr delayed flight they told me to go take a number [even though no one else was in line.] After I got the number they let me come to the desk. The person that was supposed to help me seemed to be annoyed at me being there. She was definitely in the wrong occupation. Then the boarding was a mess at the gate. The boarding pass said Group 1, 2, or 3. The lines had A, B, or C on the floor, and it was hard to tell were the lines even were. Other fliers were helping out each other. There should have been an airline person helping people get into the lines. I'm not a fan of this herd boarding but this was unbelievable - especially after everyone waited 3 hrs for Iberia to fix the plane problem. To finish it off, the food was some of the worst I've ever had. The cold sandwich was just ok, the warm food - awful.
RouteMadrid to New York JFK

"was a vast improvement"

Trip Verified | I am very happy to report that my return trip from Santo Domingo to London this time was a vast improvement on my last two trips. I traveled with one suitcase and my golf clubs and this time the Iberia staff at Santo Domingo could not have been more helpful and the two items were transferred to a BA flight from Madrid to London and back again without a hitch . All because of a desperately needed change of staff on the ground. The longish flight from SD to Madrid went well with my seat 2K a most comfortable bed and the staff and the food and the entertainment all very acceptable. It really does prove that airline staff are a most important asset that can make or break.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSanto Domingo to Madrid

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | Casablanca to Venice via Madrid. Very nice crew from Casablanca to Madrid. Average crew from Madrid to Venice. Madrid is not very connecting passengers friendly. Airline lost bags, both flights on time, luggage in Madrid. Took them two full days do deliver! For information about their faulty work you need to call a premium priced number! Most links on the website for information and filing complaints not working (on purpose I presume). Staff at premium telephone customer support service provides non working telephone numbers. One of the worst customer service experiences ever....and I fly a lot!
AircraftC900 / A320
RouteCasablanca to Venice via Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2018

"she would not give me cream"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Miami. Very bad service. Attitude poor. I had ordered a vegetarian meal with allowed milk products. First of all the air hostess did not even stop to ask me if I wanted coffee. I had to turn back back and ask for it. Then she would not give me cream because she said I had asked for a vegetarian meal. Then for the second meal they had salad, fruit, butter and jam. No one asked me if I wanted a roll. I noticed the mid portion of the plane was hot as I walked back to the toilets a few times.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2018

"new, clean and spacious enough"

(Finland)

Not Verified | I had not been flying with Iberia for a while and was therefore impressed by their current standard of operation. In Sao Paulo, an Iberia gate representative was able to give me two boarding passes for my remaining two Finnair connections, which LATAM had failed to do despite being in the same alliance. I was also privileged to enter in priority group 1, as a OneWorld Ruby passenger. We left Sao Paulo 15 minutes early and arrived in Madrid 35 minutes before the scheduled arrival time. The 10 hour flight was comfortable. The Airbus was new, clean and spacious enough. Even in the economy class, the service was impeccable and food & drinks both tasty and plentiful. Keen to avoid substandard food ingredients, such as hydrogenated fats, palm oil and glucose-fructose syrup, I was happy to be able to eat almost everything, with one exception (a palm oil chocolate bar). In Madrid, they helped with Finnair gate information, which was not available on monitors, unlike the other departures. Well done Iberia, well above the average OneWorld standard! We will surely see in the future.
RouteSão Paulo to Madrid