Iberia

"not necessary to be vaccinated"

Trip Verified | Inconsistent, rude staff at the counter in San Jose Costa Rica who told me I could not take the flight because I don't have vaccine to access Spain. I had to stop there because my final destination was Dubai and it is not necessary to have vaccine just to transit through Spain. Dubai is open for tourist or residents and is not necessary to be vaccinated. After some time of having a hard time with this guy at the counter who was "saying is the supervisor", because i showed my Dubai Visa on my passport he was taking me into consideration to get to the flight after he made a call saying yes, she will fly because she has Dubai Visa, but he did not let me travel with my suitcase when i was just in transit in Spain.
RouteSan Jose to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"service has been drastically downgraded"

(Uruguay)

Trip Verified | Terrible check-in staff not knowing the location or opening hours of Iberia's VIP Lounges. They were unaware of the procedures to check documentation and COVID related requirements. VIP Lounges close early, leaving flyers to sit it in a corridor. On-board service has been drastically downgraded. Drinks, aperitifs, entrees, breakfast items all gone. Crew were not aware of the contents of the menu. The size of the washbags has been reduced. The crew now have one of the 2 toilets allocated to the business class cabin (A330-200) but they also used the other one. Comfortable seat. Entertainment system needs updating. My priority luggage was delivered last.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMontevideo to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"really recommend Iberia Business Class"

Trip Verified | Again a very good experience in short haul Business Class of Iberia. They changed their caterer about one year ago and offer now even a better meal service than before. Seats are regular like in most short haul flights within Europe. The entire crew was attentive and offered all kind of drinks available during the whole flight. I really recommend Iberia Business Class for international flights within Europe.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteZurich to Madrid

"experience was unbelievable"

Not Verified | Absolutely the rudest and most uncaring attendants during check-in at Dubrovnik Airport as well as Madrid. Customer service is non-existent. So frustrating. We would have missed our connecting flight had a stranger not told us to check-in online for our boarding passes in Madrid. They were unable to give us boarding passes for the second part of our journey and were held when we got off the plane for at least 20 minutes before walking us to a check-in desk in a big group. We weren't separated even though 3 different flights were in the group. Our flight was departing in 50 minutes and there was only 1 lady printing boarding passes even though there were over 80 of us. It was taking at least 7-10 minutes per passenger. A man came to help and was screaming at us to distance even though we were all in our family groups. Not to mention we had all been held in a bus like sardines together prior to boarding the previous flight for over 20 minutes. Now that we were all trying frantically to catch flights they were concerned about social distancing. The experience was unbelievable. Thank God the young man told us that we were able to check in and get boarding passes online. We barely made our flight with absolutely no help from Iberia staff. I highly doubt that we will ever use this airline again.
RouteDubrovnik to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2021

"never offered me a real refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Worst experience with an airline. Iberia tricked me to accept a voucher for a flight ticket they cancelled due to COVID. They never offered me a real refund of my EUR 76. They refused to extend the expiration date of my voucher, so in the end it became useless. Overall, I lost my time over the phone with rude customer service agents.
RouteBrussels to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Food was excellent if a bit cold"

Trip Verified | I took advantage of a very cheap upgrade to try the A350 business class MAD/LHR. I hate this cramped aircraft in general with small seats and less toilets. Even the seat plan in business is cramped. Crew were pleasant but mostly disinterested in their service. Quite unkept uniforms on show. Food was excellent if a bit cold and fantastic cava served. I didn’t use the WiFi or IFE but it looked quite good. Summing up most business travellers I guess would perhaps use a better presented product but the price was good on this occasion so worth a try. Iberia has never been high in customer service like some of its other IAG airlines.
RouteMadrid to London Heathrow
Date FlownJune 2021

"the worst experience with an airline booking I've ever had"

Trip Verified | This is the worst experience with an airline booking I've ever had. First, they cancelled my booking without telling me. Good that I noticed myself. Had to call support. Spent two hours on the phone. Bless their heart we finally managed to book the ticket for me after 3 attempts. It was more expensive now of course. Now I cannot check it - they demand money for any seat selection, there are no free options. The customer support phone hangs up on me. I have no idea whether I'll be able to fly tomorrow.
RouteBerlin to Madrid via Toulouse
Date FlownJune 2021

"I am still unable to contact them"

Trip Verified | After being told on the phone that I would get a voucher because I couldn't fly during covid, Iberia changed its mind, cancelled my voucher and asked me instead to board the plane that had to take off in a few hours. As I was I unable to board the plane in such a short notice, customer service reassured me that this was an internal mistake and that they would issue the voucher in any case on the next day. Since then (6 months ago), I am still unable to contact them, the customer service can't find my booking anymore and I'm being treated as a liar. Iberia doesn't even want to refund the airport taxes.
RouteLas Palmas to Geneva via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2020

"offered me no assistance"

Not Verified | Iberia couldn’t care less about their passengers, on a two and a half hour flight from London, we were served two small glasses of water, this was on the economy part of my journey. Nothing else was offered, we were informed that this was called a simplified service due to COVID-19. I received more from BA on a one hour flight. The main reason for my complaint is the manner in which I was treated by ground staff. Unhelpful, ignorant and uncaring are a few words that come to mind. The business check-in organization in Madrid is absolutely non existent, a complete mess. The customer service agent standing before the check in area offered me no assistance and was not motivated in resolving passenger issues. The check in agent did do her best to help me after I eventually and embarrassingly skipped the que. I had a short connection time in Madrid, due to Iberia refusing to check me and my baggage from London to my final destination in Costa Rica. The check in supervisor in London was rude towards me, she was more interested in gossiping with her colleagues, than helping or resolving passenger issues. Therefore this resulted into an absolute nightmare whilst in Madrid, due to the size of the airport and the numerous checks that I endured whilst connecting to one of the furthest possible gates in the “S” pier. My flight from Madrid to San Jose was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly. They provided a good service onboard. Though due to the manner in which I was handled on the ground, it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I won’t be flying with Iberia again.
RouteLondon to San Jose via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2021

"This is ludicrous!"

(Spain)

Not Verified | My husband and I, flew Iberia business from Madrid to Santo Domingo last week. Iberia has introduced a consent of one glass of wine with the meal due to COVID. This is ludicrous! There is absolutely no connection between COVID and pouring one or more glasses of wine. It’s frustrating to both passengers and cabin crew who has no way of explaining why such a policy is implemented. I wanted a glass of white with my starter and a glass of red with my lasagna - the second glass was denied me! At best this is a cost saving measure or it’s just plane stupid, invented by someone sitting in a head office somewhere who does not even fly.
RouteMadrid to Santo Domingo