Iberia

"They lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Madrid to New York JFK. I had a very bad experience with them. They lost my luggage. They said when it went missing that it never made it to the plane. They located it and will deliver in 24 hours. It has been 3 days now and no one is answering us.Their customer service is below mediocre.
RouteMadrid to New York JFK

"lost my baggage"

Trip Verified | Casablanca to London in August 2019, the flight departed from Casablanca over 45 minutes late, consequently we arrived at the departure gate for the Madrid Flight three minutes after the last call and they refused us to board. We went to the customer service desk. They have an automatic ticketing system which has a alpha numerical number and it took 2 hours 45 minutes to get served. Iberia booked my wife into a Hotel in Madrid and an early direct flight Madrid - Dublin. As we missed our London - Dublin British Airways flight we were classified as a no show therefore our return flight from Dublin - London was cancelled. I had to purchase two new Dublin - London flights. Iberia lost my baggage so for fourteen days we were without our luggage.
RouteCasablanca to Madrid via London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"managed to lose my luggage"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Tenerife, water is not offered for free. The seats were uncomfortable, and they managed to lose my luggage and returned it on the day I was leaving from my vacation. Staff did not seem to care when I was trying to get a full refund for the things I had to buy and had no contact with the airport or the delivery company directly. Everyday I had to call them and everyday they promised it would arrive and it never did. According to tracking, my luggage arrived the next day but I got a call from the airport at a final day asking if I even want it delivered anymore? On the flight back they didn’t have enough hand luggage space in the aircraft and had to ask the last people in line to check in their luggage. At this point I will try to avoid this airline as much as I can.
RouteMadrid to Tenerife

"FA were friendly"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Brussels. Quite an old A319, boarding was on time. FA were friendly, was a hot meal served with a choice of chicken or pasta average quality best items were the 2 pieces of cheese. Decent choice of drinks however not a welcome drink and it took more 40 minutes after departure when they started the service. One of my bags was delivered as one of last luggage pieces despite labelled priority. Iberia is not one of my favorite airlines however it should be wrong to say it is bad.
RouteMadrid to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"suitcase was put in the hold"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Madrid. We left 7 mins late, as I was group 4, because I am not a frequent flyer was forced to board late and my suitcase was put in the hold. They didn’t care, but once inside the plane I saw plenty of space on the overhead compartment and many people after me boarding with their case. Attendants treated me badly as when I asked why they didn’t even answer me.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid

"were refused to board"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Tangier. We were at the gate but were refused to board after the gate staff checked with someone. Our bags were also not offloaded. The delay was due to a long queue at the passport control. We were then kept asking to talk to different staff from the airline and they didnt bother how to help us to get another ticket. It is the worst experience I have had.
RouteMadrid to Tangier
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the staff were very attentive"

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Madrid. Online check in painless and quick. Bag drop at Ezeiza - chaos. 3 hours before departure and there was a long line snaking through the terminal and only one person at that time handling the economy class check in. Over an hour to check in. Boarding at Ezeiza - chaos. The call came out and the lines started forming early. Waiting and more waiting. Boarding by groups. When the calls came to board group 3 it was as if a crowd had decided to form a scrum and there was no major effort to establish some order. On board: The aircraft is new, the seats comfortable, good IFE, basic pillow, blanket and earphone provided. The flight was full and the staff were very attentive helping with hand luggage and getting people seated. The crew were friendly and the service efficient. Economy class meal portions are getting smaller but the quality was perfectly fine. In the middle of the flight, in the back galley, juice and water was available as well as some sandwiches. One hour approx before landing, breakfast service was a snack box (sandwich, chocolate and yogurt) plus tea/coffee/juice. All in all: On the ground at Ezeiza - poor. On board: good. Flight was on time.
RouteBuenos Aires to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2019

"lost our flight to Puerto Rico"

Trip Verified | London to Puerto Rico via Madrid. Flight was half hour late into Madrid - the bus that took us from arrival to our new gate kept us in the bus for 50 minutes and we lost our flight to Puerto Rico - had to stay the night in Madrid - next day they put us on a flight to Philadelphia which ended up being cancelled in Philadelphia so we spent the night at the airport sleeping on the floor and left the next day again late - a total of 44 hours delay. I filled in a complaint in June - they say they will respond in 21 days - 4 months later I receive a note that says they only offer compensation when they have oversold a flight and cannot accomodate you. I not only was delayed due to their fault 44 hours but I paid two nights in a luxury hotel in Puerto Rico which I was not able to use.
RouteLondon to Puerto Rico via Madrid
Date FlownJune 2019

"1 or 2 minutes late at the gate"

Trip Verified | Porto to Santiago de Chile via Madrid. 1 or 2 minutes late at the gate and we were refused to board, bags were offloaded and we lost our connecting flights. We had to buy new Tickets for next day's flight. Absolutely unacceptable. We will avoid Iberia whenever possible in the future.
RoutePorto to Santiago de Chile via Madrid

"I missed my connection"

Trip Verified | Bilbao to London via Madrid. Avoid Iberia if you have a connecting flight in the evening requiring an overnight stay in Madrid if you miss your connection. My flight from Bilbao to Madrid was 1,5 hours late and I missed my connection to London Heathrow, which was the last flight to London in that evening. Once I left the plane, I found out that there was no transfer desk or customer service desk available. I eventually found a staff member at a random boarding gate, who told me that there are no more transfer desks near any boarding gate areas (they used to exist before) and that missed connections are now handled at check in. I would have to leave via luggage claim and go to check-in. I did, only to find a crowded service desk with 3 or 4 ladies in red uniforms chatting to each other. After waiting for 20 minutes and no progress in the line, I decided to check the Business class service desk, where a very friendly staff member decided to help me, confirming my new flight in the next morning and giving me a hotel and food voucher for the night. If it was not for her, I would probably have stayed up all night waiting for a solution. Therefore, never again. On top of that, my flights with unmotivated cabin crew and very slow service in general.
RouteBilbao to London via Madrid