Iberia

"Worst company regarding customer service ever"

Not Verified | Worst company regarding customer service ever! We had to cancel our flights in June 2020 due to the pandemic. They put an expiration date on them for June 2021 however the pandemic is still going on. When I call I get the run around and was told sorry you have to use by June but you could call 15 days before the expiration date and see. We’re in a pandemic you think they would be more willing to extend like other airlines under the circumstances.
RouteSeattle to London
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Flat out robbery!"

Trip Verified | Flat out robbery! Iberia stole my money. After my flight in May 2020 being understandably cancelled and after being told multiple times that I could re-schedule and get a voucher they denied me. Even having proof of my ticket and expense paid, I spent hours on the phone with customer service and emailing and chats. All the while being told I would be able to re-book for a different date. They never issued me a voucher or a new booking. Buyer aware.
RouteSplit to Rome
Date FlownMay 2020

"I don’t recommend Iberia to anybody"

Not Verified | I would give zero if I could, worst service and worst customer service, they canceled my flight and they don’t want to refund me. I keep calling them and they hang up on me. I don’t recommend Iberia to anybody. If you have the same situation please file a claim to US department of transportation, this airlines should be banned from the US.
RouteBoston to Marrakech via Madrid
Date FlownApril 2020

"voucher that expires in two months"

Trip Verified | Boston to Lisbon via Madrid booked for May 2020. They have unethical business practices and terrible customer service. They refuse to return my money after nearly a year. They’ve issued me a voucher that expires in two months and we are still not able to leave our country due to Covid.
RouteBoston to Lisbon via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2020

"I won’t ever fly with them again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Zero customer service mindset, poorly organized. They lost my suitcase on the outgoing flight, it’s not appeared since then, more than 6 weeks later. And they refuse to refund my spendings and the content of the suitcase. Furthermore the flight on the way back was 5 hours delayed, the communication about the delay was inexistent. I won’t ever fly with them again.
RouteZürich to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"avoid if you don't want big time problems"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling for the last 28 years on hundreds of flights, but this bad experience takes the cake. I booked a ticket to Lisbon from London via Madrid. They didn't notify me of anything of transit restrictions. The link they provided said there was no problem for passengers in airport transit. I was on the phone calling them for days before the flight to clarify if there was any other restrictions, but the calls was served by answering machines even after hours of trying. At the departure airport in London they denied me boarding citing that as a non Spanish person I could not travel via Spain. No amount of explanation was of help. As one can see from the reviews for Iberia on this forum, it tells its own story. My advise is avoid if you don't want big time problems. I have not even been refunded my ticket money citing some unfounded reasons. They don't even care for the negative reviews according to this forums advise. Its your choice.
RouteLondon to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I've called 10 numbers and no one does anything"

Not Verified | My 73 year old aunt (in a wheelchair, because of a hip problem)and my 65 year old uncle, flew with Iberia today, London IB 3175, they were supposed to get a connection in Madrid to Porto IB8664. The first flight was delayed by 80 minutes and they missed their connection to Porto. They arrived in Madrid at 15:46 and have been until now left at the airport by Iberia! My aunt can't get up on her own and has been sat in a wheelchair for over 5 hours now. Iberia booked them on a flight tomorrow at 11:25 IB8776. Are they going to let an elderly disabled woman sleep in a wheelchair at the airport? I've called 10 numbers and no one does anything in Iberia! I'm waiting for my family here in Porto and my aunt and uncle need to be taken to a hotel by Iberia in Madrid!
RouteLondon to Porto via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"no information for hours"

Trip Verified | I was flying from London to Jerez, and it took me 48 hours. From one flight getting delayed three hours and no information on the matter during the waiting period, to lines of hours to reschedule connection flights with only one person working the counter, the next day my flight was also delayed with . My luggage was lost, they were not bothered to send it correctly to the destination and i was told this when checking in. Staff was super unhelpful at almost all points.
RouteLondon to Jerez via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"13 days before having it delivered home"

Not Verified | 1 hour and 45 check-in queue. First leg with Iberia express in new A320- seating is very bad, Flight was 45 mins delayed and I was almost certain to miss my connection flight in Madrid, but I made it. My luggage never arrived and waited 13 days before having it delivered home. This is the second time i take Iberia and they misplace my baggage.
RouteGran Canaria to Dublin via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2020

"a total lack of care for their customers"

Not Verified | We booked our flights back in September for Dec 18 - Jan 3th. About a month ago we were notified that the flight for Dec 18th was changed for Dec 17th, the day before. My husband and I had to take an additional day off work. Today we have been informed that our return flight has been changed from Jan 3th to the 4th, a day later. I have called customer service twice to kindly ask if they could either refund the price difference for the new and less desirable dates (from a Friday we were changed to a Thursday and from a Sunday to a Monday). They said rotundly no. Then I asked if, as a courtesy they could let us bring one 23kg suitcase (we only had cabin luggage included in the price of our ticket) since now our trip was two days longer. They didn't even entertain the idea. We asked to talk to their supervisors and they didn't pass them to us. We are regular Iberia customers and in our opinion, this reflects a total lack of care for their customers. Very disappointing.
RouteNew York JFK to Madrid