Iberia

"last time I am flying with Iberia"

Trip Verified | The trip from LAX to Madrid (11 hours) was so uncomfortable, the crew was not attentive and very rude tome. I asked one of the crew for water to take my medication first she ignored me and after I insisted that I have to take my medication and need water, finally she gave me small cup of water with a bad attitude. The bathrooms were very dirty, no paper. This was my first and most certainly the last time I am flying with Iberia.
RouteLos Angeles to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Any kind of service was painfully slow"

Not Verified | The aisle space was so tiny I believe it could be dangerous in an emergency situation. I couldn't even drag my small, carry-on suitcase through the normal way; I had to turn it on its side. The seats were arranged 3-4-3, a setup I haven't even seen on larger planes. It's greedy and ridiculous. In an emergency situation it's probably downright dangerous. We were packed in so tightly that we couldn't even get out without the person in the aisle seat having to move, or bend over to pick up items on the floor. My mom had pain and cramps the whole time from being jammed in so tightly. The PA barely worked so no one could properly hear what the captain was saying, and free wifi was advertised, but only actually given to people in business and first class. Everyone else had to pay extra if they wanted it. Any kind of service was painfully slow, probably due to the small aisles. However, the food was actually very good and the entertainment selection wasn't bad. We also weren't sent our boarding passes until a few hours before the flight, causing unnecessary anxiety. Additionally, we were forced to wear our masks for an 8-hour transatlantic flight. According to the CDC, wearing a mask while sleeping can be hazardous to your health and that's just what most people like to do on airplanes, especially long flights. If you want to feel like a human being and not a rat in a sewer, don't fly Iberia unless you're getting business or first class.
RouteBarcelona to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Iberia provided a good flight"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Iberia provided a good flight, on time, clean airplanes, did not miss the connecting flight despite short time. The boarding on the bombardiers is a bit messy, all the people just standing on the Tarmac, leaving the suitcases unattended. It is a nice carrier but it tends to overbook, meet a few costumers that has that problem
AircraftBombardier
RouteLisbon to Turin via Madrid

"Very nice staff"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Porto to Turin via Madrid. Nice airplane, flights on Time. Very nice staff people, was a good flight and was very well impressed with the timing and the amount of effort to make customer feel ok.
AircraftBombardier
RoutePorto to Turin via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Iberia is an absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | Never ever again! After having 2 bad experiences I was giving it another chance after years. That was a huge mistake. I’m travelling a lot and Iberia is an absolute nightmare.
RoutePrague to Jerez via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2022

"no one has taken responsibility"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | My flight was with a connection from Tel Aviv via Madrid to Bogota. When I arrived in Bogota, I waited for my suitcase, and after seeing it was not coming, I went to their counter. Their representative told me my suitcase did not board the plane in Madrid due to lack of space and he guaranteed that it would arrive at the address I will provide them. I told them that my final destination was going to be in another city, and the representative promised they would deliver it to the address that I'm providing them. I should note that beyond that, they didn't give me any information about what to do during this time, and they didn't provide me with essential hygienic equipment to get by until my suitcase arrived. They only promised the suitcase would arrive at my house in 3 days. When I got home, I realized that I needed to purchase underwear, shoes, and basic hygiene products at this time in order to have something to wear, and I didn't know how much they covered. The next day I called customer service. I waited a long time in line until their representative answered me. I explained the situation to her, and when I asked her what the amount of expenses they participate in, and she literally told me the following thing: "I don't know what to tell you. You can Google it." The next day I called again because it had already been three days and my suitcase still hadn't arrived as promised. I got another agent, and she didn't know what to say either. She only apologized and couldn't transfer the call to the manager! It wasn't until the fourth day that an independent delivery company reached out to me and told me that they had my suitcase and that I had to get to the airport to pick it up physically! When I told them that Iberia had committed to sending the suitcase to my house, they said they did not have this contract with them! And again, no response from Iberia customer service! To Iberia customer service department - luggage department - zero empathy and no customer service to find a solution. Angry, disappointed, and exhausted, I had to leave the city and take a long drive to the airport, go and back! And to pay with my own money for the ride! And if all this is not enough, I received the suitcase damaged. I came out of this experience disappointed. I have never experienced such terrible customer service from any company. I tried to contact them through all channels, but there is no answer, and no one has taken responsibility and tried to correct this injustice.
RouteTel Aviv to Madrid via Bogota
Date FlownOctober 2022

"issue is with their baggage service"

Trip Verified | Iberia’s flight and service were great. The issue is with their baggage service. They delivered over 1.5 hours after landing leading to missing a connecting flight. The next available flight was the next day. Had to pay for one night at a hotel and breakfast. Iberia would not reimburse the cost.
RouteMadrid to Dallas

"no safety demos"

Trip Verified | Typical unimpressive inter-European business class seating starts it off. Attendants chatting amongst themselves the whole time. Biggest issue was no safety demos or pre landing announcements were made, no seat belt checks. Food was good, definitely an upgrade from previous times.
RouteLondon to Masrid
Date FlownOctober 2022

"changed my flight unilaterally"

Not Verified | Terrible experience with Iberia, they have changed my flight unilaterally and the company has not been charged for the expenses generated by their cause, I will never fly with Iberia again due to their terrible work and poor resolution of the problems that they themselves they generated. | Pésima experiencia con Iberia Airline, , me han cambiado el vuelo de forma unilateral y la compañía no se ha cargado de los gastos generados por su causa, nunca más volveré a volar con Iberia por su pésimo trabajo y poca resolución de los problemas que ellos mismo generaron.
RouteLondon to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I was mistreated by the counter personnel"

Not Verified | I planned my trip to Spain on the first week of September traveling with American Airlines and Iberia (Miami-NY-Madrid-Alicante Sep 3-4th). I've even paid to Iberia for seats that were not honored. The trip from NY to Madrid (9 hours) was so uncomfortable that short distance buses are way more comfy, the crew was not attentive, the food was surprisingly good (or I was so hungry at that point). On September 11th for my return trip I was mistreated by the counter personnel, a lady who sent me with very bad attitude to the end of a wrong line. When I got to the counter, she angrily told me that the flight was closed and I was standing in the wrong line, the attitude was supported by the Supervisor. Even though I had to pay for a return ticket (1,200 dls) I was relieved to not be traveling by Iberia, awful experience!
RouteMiami to Alicante