Iberia

"I will take another airline"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Madrid. The experience was of such a kind that next time I will take another airline - the difference in fare between economy and business is substantial so I think passengers are entitled to receive something decent for the amount paid. The breakfast did consist of 2 wrapped packages of 25 g of some cold cuts, one croissant and one small yoghurt - no sign of fruit, jam, butter or decent bread - when asking a second cola zero with ice I got a look if I was asking for a bottle of champagne. Disastrous for business in full - very unfriendly FA - flight took some delay only positive fact was that the gates for connecting flights were announced.
RouteBrussels to Madrid
Date FlownMay 2022

"The customer service is appalling"

Trip Verified | The rudest staff I have ever encountered. First time on Iberia. They lost my bag and would not help me to find it. The staff were rude. Never again and please avoid Iberia if you can. The customer service is appalling.
RouteGuayaquil to Madrid
Date FlownApril 2022

"this was the first on Iberia - and the last"

(Panama)

Trip Verified | I have flown business class to Europe regularly from Panama and return over the last 10 years, using all the European airlines that cover the trip, all the American and even South American this was the first on Iberia - and the last. The plane was 5.5 years old. Seat, very little storage, very thin padding, I had to sit on my pillow to make it comfortable. Service, no menu, no pre dinner drinks, food served all on one tray covered in foil and plastic wrap. No real explanation of what the food was. No after dinner drinks. I asked for a scotch and I was told that they weren't sure whether it was available. IFE was poor. Offered 30 mins of complimentary WiFi, it did not work. Sleep was impossible due to crew constantly using the toilet at the rear of the BC cabin. Although the toilet was not cleaned until just before we landed and deteriorated during the 10 hour flight. No toiletries available in WC apart from soap. Cabin too warm even for my partner who like me has lived in the tropics for 10 years. No hot towels, no cold towels. Breakfast was lukewarm at best and it consisted of an inedible omelet thing, 3 bread rolls same as for dinner, no butter, a pot if jam, fruit and yogurt, the latter being at least edible. Overall the staff seemed non-interested in the customers and I do not think I have been more disappointed in an expensive business class ticket. I would have been disappointed if it had been economy, but for overall value, very poor.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePanama City to Madrid

"beyond terrible"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Palma. This comes as an "I really had enough" review. After other many experiences with lost bags, damaged bags without repair, terrible customer service, Avios points not automatically loaded 50% of the time and it goes on. On the last occasion, I bought a business ticket in order to have free changes. I needed to change the date, I have spent 45 minutes over 3 call centres that asked me to call one another. No one was able to change it. Until the last operator, that wanted to charge me as I was not doing the change online, even if I repeatedly let all know then system on line was telling me online was not possible! The operator told me that I needed to go to the airport. Zero empathy along the 45 minutes and the 4 different operators. They just didn't care and this is always true every time I had to call them. I had to go to the airport and got it changed at the ticket desk! All this with a business ticket. Now imagine the other times when I flew economy. How the company keeps on doing this, I don't know.
RouteMadrid to Palma
Date FlownMarch 2022

"70 euros when we carried our bag"

Trip Verified | They don't let you check in until 2 hours before the flight and created a huge line. On the way here we missed our connecting flight because they were scheduled too close together and they blamed us. They forced us to check our carry on bag and charged us 70 euros when we carried our bag on the previous flight. It was bought as a carry on bag and they refused to let us carry it on without paying. The flight attendants ignore call lights. Couldn't get a drink of water on a 7 hour flight. Worst airline ever. Don't fly with them if you want a relaxing, stress free flight.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownApril 2022

"totally unempathetic and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Iberia’s website says that dogs are allowed up to a certain weight. We booked the trip through Iberia and believe we can travel with our dog. Show up at LAX and are told “no”, Service dogs only. Turns out Iberia had contracted the flight to LEVEL and didn’t make that clear to us. The ticket only mentioned LEVEL in Spanish. The rest of the ticket was in English. I call customer service but they want to charge me a $500 penalty fee because we didn’t notice that, at the bottom of the pet policy page, there’s a section about how LEVEL doesn’t allow pets and Iberia and LEVEL are BFFs. Anyway we had to scramble to get a different flight (through Swiss, wonderful service) to Madrid instead because it was the only other flight to Spain that day from LAX. All in all, with cancellation fees for hotels and the more expensive Swiss ticket, we lost about $1,000, maybe more. Customer service was totally unempathetic and unhelpful. Horrible experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2022

"getting off the plane was even worse"

Not Verified | The boarding process took a very long time. When we landed they gave a great explanation in Spanish about their procedures of getting off the plane. Never once did the attendant say them in English. When I got up with my bag and made it down the walk way to get off, a female flight attendant stopped me to wait for business class. When she turned around and saw everyone was standing behind me she proceeded to cross her arms and shove into me to keep walking. The boarding process took long, but getting off the plane was even worse. Just because you are cheap does not give you room to be rude.
RouteMallorca to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"did not perform the safety briefing"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airlines I’ve ever traveled with. The extra legroom seats are a total joke, and legroom in the normal seats is atrocious. The staff were very unprofessional. Passengers with luggage in front of their feet in the first row of the sections, window blinds down, seats reclined, and tray tables out, all during takeoff. The flight attendant on our side did not perform the safety briefing at all. He was too busy messing with overhead baggage and it wasn’t until we took off that I realized he hadn’t done it.
RouteNew York to Alicante via Madrid

"They lost my baggage"

Trip Verified | The flight was really uncomfortable, expensive and they do not have vegetarian food (only if you choose in advance). They lost my baggage and are not able to give me any sort of information on it, and they cannot give me information on how much I will be compensated.
RouteMexico City to Lisbon via Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Their customer service is horrible"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I will never fly Iberia again. I tried to cancel a ticket, was given a case number and told I would get a refund, 45 days later I am told that I will not get a refund, that I am just out nearly 1,000 euros. Their customer service is horrible, they charge for everything under the sun. Never again will I fly Iberia, signed a former Iberian Plus member.
RouteMadrid to Fuertaventura