Iberia

"Never again flying with this terrible company"

Trip Verified | This company must have the worst customer service compared to any other European carrier. I was due to fly out of London on August 18th to LA but due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions I couldn't board the plane. I applied for a voucher and was told it was going to be ready in 5 business days. I received a response 20 days later saying my voucher is not approved. Despite being told on the phone it has been approved and it was a matter of sending me the approval via email. Never again flying with this terrible company.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2020

"don't have any right to a refund"

Trip Verified | My San Francisco to Barcelona flight with Level got canceled due to covid-19. I was asked if I wanted a voucher or a refund so I said refund. They said they would refund me within 30 days, it's been over 30 days and no signs of me getting a refund. I called again and the guy on the phone was rude and said that I don't have any right to a refund.
RouteSan Francisco to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2020

"I had no right to a refund"

Trip Verified | I required a refund for a flight that had been cancelled by Iberia due to COVID-19. After navigating an automated response system with barely-comprehensible messages, I finally reached a service agent who was arrogant and rude. Without even knowing my booking code, he insisted that I had no right to a refund, refused to check my reservation, interrupted me and then put down the phone while I was in mid-sentence. I was left incandescent with rage; I rarely get angry, but this guy really did it. Iberia doesn't respond to online feedback.
RouteMadrid to Alicante
Date FlownJune 2020

"still not given me compensation"

Trip Verified | Left stranded in Madrid by Iberia. The 5+ hour delay from Santiago de Compostela caused by Iberia caused me to miss my Iberia MAD-LAX flight. Iberia did nothing to help me even though they had two seats available on the Iberia MAD-LAX flight the next day. Their excuse is that my agent had booked two separate non-connecting tickets but Iberia did not at minimum offer me and my traveling companion the 250 euros each that they are supposed to offer as per EU regulations for delays of more than 3 hours. They have still not given me that compensation even though I had requested it several times before the current COVID crisis.
RouteSantiago de Compostela to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I would fly with Iberia again!"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Chicago in Premium Economy. Transitting in Madrid-Barajas Airport was such a breeze. I would have spent more time in the lounge if it wasn't for the BA staff at LHR T5 not printing my boarding pass so I had to spend 25 minutes at the Iberia transfer desk. After my boarding pass was issued, security was a breeze. I went straight to the Iberia Premium Velasquez Lounge where I was greeted by happy and cheerful agents. Food and beverage options in the lounge had an outstanding selection. Boarding was on time on this very full flight and very orderly. I have oneworld Sapphire status putting me in Group 2. Upon boarding the plane (EC-LUK 'Costa Rica'); the plane was 7 years old and did not show its age. The cabin was very spacious and very clean. The onboard crew were very welcoming, warm and friendly. Amenity kit were distributed along with headphones which were pretty much the same as what BA offers their Club World passengers. The amenity kits were of high quality which is pretty much similar with what some airlines offeres in their business class cabins. The amenity kits did not came with socks, ear plugs and eye mask which were all of high quality. The dental kit was disposable, the bag as a whole is very practical and reusable. Welcome drinks were offered with a choice of orange juice and water in plastic cups, I asked for both and without hesitation the crew were happy to offer both. The whole seat appeared to be clean. High quality blanket and pillow were already on the seat which I later found to be very comfortable for the 9 hour flight. The IFE content had great selections of the latest films in Hollywood which was enough for the 9 hour flight. In total there were more than 50 films in the selection. In addition to films, the IFE also came with a great selection of TV programmes. The disappointing bit was that the Audio selection was poor. We took off on time and the entire flight was fairly smooth. The meal and bar service was average at most. Drinks and food were served the same time. The options were chicken or pasta and I opted for the former which tasted great. Only soft drinks, tea and coffee and wine were offered. Spirits were for purchase. After the meal service, the cabin crew came with a second round for drinks, at this point everyone was resting. The cabin temperature was kept comfortable. The toilets were kept clean.Throughout the flight, the cabin crew were doing hourly rounds of drinks and ensuring the well-being of passengers. I decided walk around, the economy cabin looked immaculate and faily full. Everyone seemed comfortable. I also noticed that the economy seat recline was more than industry average. I was at the back of the plane stretching my leg and had a nice long chat with one of the cabin crew. I requested if I could have a spare amenity kit and I was given one without hesitation. I had a 3 hour nap and I must say it was one of the most comfortable sleep/ nap I had on a plane. The recline was outstanding. The second meal service came with a warm croque-monsieur which was outstanding. In addition, drinks service was included. The plane landed on time. The captain kept us well informed of the flight progress. One thing that I noticed was that the Wi-Fi was fairly expensive. Iberia has lost marks on the basis of: expensive Wi-Fi, the need to pay for Spirits on board and the poor selection music selection. Overall, I would fly with Iberia again!
AircraftA330-300
RouteMadrid to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"giving credit notes / vouchers"

Trip Verified | Paris to Lima via Madrid. In the context of Covid 19, cancellation of flights by the company, Iberia is giving credit notes / vouchers valid for one year instead of refund. Do not expect to correspond by email and an online message via the form still has no response 3 weeks after. To think before choosing Iberia
RouteParis to Lima via Madrid

"No service whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Santiago de Compostella to Vienna via Madrid. I have not flown. I have a booking for May 2020. I am trying to contact customer service to either cancel my flights or push them out by 12 months so I can fly the same time next year. I cannot get in contact with customer service as the customer service people in Spain only speak Spanish and no one answers the English line. No email or other contact details. No service whatsoever unless you are Spanish. It looks like I will lose my money.
RouteSantiago de Compostella to Vienna via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2019

"extremely frustrating"

Trip Verified | New York to Madrid. This is the worst airline to deal with. I purchased roundtrip tickets to Spain that use Iberia as a partner airline. I am unable to get any representative on the phones. Their system has continued to hang up on me (10 times over the course of a couple of hours). They have a Facebook messaging option that no one responds to. I can't send a message through their system because I didn't sign up for a rewards accounts (for an airline I've never flown on and don't plan to fly on again). Therefore I have no means to contact this company. I understand that there is high call volume right now but I expect to eventually get through to talk to someone. I would be perfectly fine to be placed on a call back list or be placed on hold, but that fact that I cannot even make it that far is extremely frustrating and poor business practice. I would not recommend ever using this airline for any flights.
RouteNew York to Madrid

"is a budget airline"

Trip Verified | Madrid to London. Chose Iberia for the flight on the basis of their OneWorld membership and presuming them to be full service (and being more expensive than competitors). The problems started early - the itinerary from trip.com said we had to pay for luggage, but the manage my booking function would not work. That meant we could not add one bag at £25 instead of E40. So, at check in we were charged the full E40 despite the person behind the counter admitting they were having issues with 'manage my booking'. On board, there was no included catering in economy. Nor were there menus in the seat pockets so you could try an make an informed choice about what you could buy. Rather, the staff came through the cabin waving the menu as in 'here it is'. We asked to buy some wine, but were then advised that the credit card machine was not working (and as we were leaving Europe for Australia we had spent the last of our Euros at the airport). Rather than offer an apology or a glass of water, the crew just walked off. Iberia on this route is a budget airline. It's embarrassing. We would have been better off booking Vueling or similar.
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"will send my bag the same say"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Santiago to Munich via Madrid. I was only flying with one bag of hand luggage. Iberia wanted me to give my bag to them because the plane was to full. they said my bag will arrive at my destination. Once landed i received an sms that my luggage will be arriving late with the last plane. The lady at the counter told me they will send my bag the same say or the next morning, which didn't happen. Now it's the fifth day and the customer service and communication to get my luggage back has been a disaster.
RouteSantiago to Munich via Madrid