Iberia

"she would not give me cream"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Miami. Very bad service. Attitude poor. I had ordered a vegetarian meal with allowed milk products. First of all the air hostess did not even stop to ask me if I wanted coffee. I had to turn back back and ask for it. Then she would not give me cream because she said I had asked for a vegetarian meal. Then for the second meal they had salad, fruit, butter and jam. No one asked me if I wanted a roll. I noticed the mid portion of the plane was hot as I walked back to the toilets a few times.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2018

"new, clean and spacious enough"

(Finland)

Not Verified | I had not been flying with Iberia for a while and was therefore impressed by their current standard of operation. In Sao Paulo, an Iberia gate representative was able to give me two boarding passes for my remaining two Finnair connections, which LATAM had failed to do despite being in the same alliance. I was also privileged to enter in priority group 1, as a OneWorld Ruby passenger. We left Sao Paulo 15 minutes early and arrived in Madrid 35 minutes before the scheduled arrival time. The 10 hour flight was comfortable. The Airbus was new, clean and spacious enough. Even in the economy class, the service was impeccable and food & drinks both tasty and plentiful. Keen to avoid substandard food ingredients, such as hydrogenated fats, palm oil and glucose-fructose syrup, I was happy to be able to eat almost everything, with one exception (a palm oil chocolate bar). In Madrid, they helped with Finnair gate information, which was not available on monitors, unlike the other departures. Well done Iberia, well above the average OneWorld standard! We will surely see in the future.
RouteSão Paulo to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"hardly any friendly behaviour"

Trip Verified | Iberia was delayed at Quito due to random police controls. Didn't matter to us though since the connecting flight was only leaving more than 4 hours after landing. Others might have had a worse experience with that. Personally, I think the staff were very unfriendly and harsh sometimes. They didn't seem to be right in the position of working and interacting with people. No smiles, hardly any friendly behavior, some of them even were annoyed by us asking for water on a 18 hour journey. Also on short flights they cut down any food and beverages which meant we didn't get any water or coffee or anything for free on a 4.5 hour flight from Madrid to Frankfurt. We could have bought some really expensive beverages though. Haven't experienced that with any other airline so far.
RouteQuito to Frankfurt via Madrid

"Kudos to the staff"

Not Verified | Madrid to Barcelona. Our luggage was lost in the confusion of a delayed flight and missing our connection to Canada. Iberia staff at the Customer Service Desk and Lost Baggage Desk in Barcelona were extremely helpful. They got us on a flight the next day and rerouted our luggage to the hotel when they tracked it down. They made a very tense travel situation disappear. Kudos to the staff from some very appreciative travelers.
RouteMadrid to Barcelona

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Pamplona to Dublin via Madrid. The worst airline I’ve flown. Missed my connection in Madrid due to them changing the time of the flight from Pamplona. Then they flew me to Marseille (supposedly en route to Dublin) where another delayed flight meant I was stranded in Marseille. Not a single staff member available in Marseille to help. Ended up having to organize my own way back to Dublin from Marseille which they then refused to refund. Avoid at all costs
RoutePamplona to Dublin via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delayed, miss connection and lost bag"

Trip Verified | Flew Iberia from New York to Madrid via Barcelona. Connecting flight was canceled and wasn't put on another one for 8 hours later with no compensation. Return flight was delayed, miss connection and lost bag. Spend the extra money and book through another airline - I ended up losing more money with this "cheaper" flight. When I contacted customer service, they hung up on me and then emailed me and said we have no proof any of these incidents happened. Every single person that I interacted with that works for this airline were extremely rude.
RouteNew York to Madrid via Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2018

"confirmed that it was free to cancel"

Trip Verified | We booked a flight from Milan to San José via Madrid for October 2018. We changed our mind and wanted to stay a few days more in Madrid on the way back to visit the city. I called Iberia to know if cancelling the last leg would be free. They confirmed that it was free to cancel the last leg without any issue. Therefore, I booked a flight a few days later from Madrid, for myself and my wife. We also booked hotels, etc. When I called to cancel the last leg, they told I will have to spend €600 for that. I tried to explained that I had the confirmation it is free, but they did not care.
RouteMilan to San José via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cannot recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Faro to Miami via Madrid. This is my first time with Iberia and I am sad to say this is by far the worse experience. The plane is really nice, the food was decent but the staff is awful. It is very upsetting how rude and mean the staff was at the airport (Madrid) and also in the plane. Starting by staff not wanting to speak in english (my flight was to Miami, USA), getting pulled aside twice during the boarding process by the same people and without any explanation regarding the matter, getting pushed up the plane by staff with a food cart without saying a word to me. I am so disappointed and feel so upset that I am actually writing this review from the plane (that has free wifi, how awesome!) with my hands full of soap since the water in the bathroom doesn’t work. I have travelled in worse planes, with less space and less comfortable but I would go back to that due to their service being so much better. I cannot recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteFaro to Miami via Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"asked to surrender hand luggage"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to London. Boarding chaotic. Due to flight being busy passengers towards the end of the queue were asked to surrender hand luggage. Instead of this being identified at the boarding gate it was decided when passengers had almost boarded. We were then led back up the corridor and had to toss our cases down a chute. The staff ran out of tags and had to leave the passengers waiting. Very poor - not what you expect from Iberia. easyJet and Ryanair do better than this!
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"upgrade to business class"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Madrid. When checking-in online, the airline offered for 49€ the possibility to upgrade to business class, that I accepted. The upgrade included the option to pass through fast-track on security at Lisbon airport. I found a very fair offer. Boarding more chaotic due to lack of space at Lisbon airport (gate S19) and through bus (no jet bridge). Meal served on business class quite good (not expected for an 1 hour flight). Full dinner: salad, sirloin, cheese, yoghurt, and feee bread servide as well as drinks available. No main dish choice available nevertheless. As IFE only the board magazine, no wifi available. The flight had a 20 min delay, captain apologized for that.
RouteLisbon to Madrid