HK Express

"Shocking experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Osaka. Shocking experience just does not feel like an airline who concerns about the safety of its customers. We were due to fly to Osaka for a weekend trip on the 11th of October 2019, due to a super typhoon due to hit our destination on the 12th of October we feared for our personal safety and not being able to return home on the 13th of October. Hong Kong Express refused to assist us with re-booking our flight, we even stated we where happy with applicable fees and fare differences. There where already travel warnings in effect from numerous governments and other airlines were already offering free changes of flights irrespective of ticket class.
RouteHong Kong to Osaka
Date FlownOctober 2019

"definitely fly with HK Express again"

Trip Verified | There are a number of airlines that fly the Hong Kong to Seoul route, but HK Express were the cheapest and had a website that was user friendly. The flight was prompt and efficient. The staff were pleasant and professional. The experience was as good as Cathay Pacific, but without food, drink and entertainment. I really can't fault them. The HK Express staff at Seoul were excellent. I manage to forget that the WiFi egg I hired was in the checked baggage. They helped me by taking the bag out and allow me to retrieve the item. Which they returned on my behalf. Very nice and gone out of their way to assist. I will definitely fly with HK Express again.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"flight is just below average"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Kansai to Hong Kong. The flight is just below average. The flight delayed for about 40 minutes as they said that Kansai airport is busy and the weather in HK is bad. They said we can get in the A321 at 1715 but they only open the gate at around 1730. We ordered two boxes of food which one of them is a Thai beef. The food size is a bit smaller than I thought and the taste is bad but it cost a lot of money (HKD65).The flight policy of not allow to use phones during take off and landing is silly.
RouteKansai to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2019

"satisfied with HK Express"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Everything went smoothly, no very long lines anywhere. We checked in on net, got seats together, no problems at baggage drop, started boarding half an hour before schedule, took off 20 minutes after schedule, landed on time. This was like a trip should be and we are satisfied with HK Express.
RouteHong Kong to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2019

"disgusted with the service"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | We flew yesterday and we were absolutely disgusted with the service! Because of a fault in the plane we had to transfer to another aircraft. During which time our bags had to be transferred also. when we finally reached out destination we found that our bags had obviously left put in the rain! Our clothes etc were all very damp! The staff was not helpful at all and didn't communicate the situation very well. Not very satisfactory especially for those with small children. Would not recommend this airline in the future
RouteHong Kong to Nha Trang
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I was highly impressed"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Da nang via Hong Kong. I was highly impressed with this airline. After reading the reviews I was concerned, but I had an amazing service! I paid a few dollars extra for their U First service. We got a priority line, and got to board first. Flight was on time and check in counter staff friendly. I had pre ordered food. They asked me when I would like it to be served. The food was delicious (Satay with rice). Everything on next flight ran smoothly. Online check in was great.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Da nang via Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2019

"do not care about customer service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tokyo. First, when you book on internet, of course the price is attractive and you are directly interested by it. Then, comes the reality : You have to pay for your seat (50 HKD per seat) • You have to pay for the luggage (344 HKD for 25kg) You can pay during the online check-in. However, if you do not pay during the online check-in, the price at the airport counter is the double! My phone had a problem in Japan and I could not made the online check-in. I made a screenshot of the situation (Trying to make it but impossible, with the hour) and I showed it to the counter, to prove that I tried but that there was a problem. They did not care about it and answered : It is not our problem, we can not do anything. Even if they saw that I tried to do it! What is this customer service? Moreover, as it is a low-cost company, their counters are always very far away, and you have to wait long time before to have your flight. Your flight is supposed to be at 8pm? You will take off at 8:30. Then, as the customer service is terrible at the counter, he has to be the same in the plane : Very strange policy about the electronic devices that we can not use during all the take off (and as I told before, it is a long time) and during the landing. First time that it happens to me. To conclude, I paid an extra charge of 590HKD for my luggage to go and to come back so 1180 HKD, plus the seats, I lost many times walking through the airport, waiting at the boarding gates or in the plane. If you do the assessment, at the end, it cost you more money and more time than a good company! Last word : Shame on this company who do not care about customer service and they lost one guest (one more in fact, as I can see on the other reviews that I am not alone in this situation)
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo
Date FlownDecember 2018

"so impressed by the staff"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tokyo. HK Express was pretty standard. The prices for the drinks were not too bad, all things considered. I had to write a review about the staff, however, who were exceptionally friendly. I left a book on the plane and they very kindly helped me retrieve it with a very polite and friendly manner. They were very friendly and helpful about the matter by keeping me updated on where the book might be, and went the extra mile to make sure I had my belongings returned within an hour! On the way back the air steward was also very kind, and thoroughly explained the exchange rate for JPY to HKD when we bought items from the food cart. Overall I am so impressed by the staff!
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Overall an awful experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Hong Kong. They charged expensively on checked in luggage, so watch out for your luggage weight. Flight was delayed for over 40 mins. No inflight entertainment for 5 hour flight, pretty painful. Bags were delayed for unknown reasons. Baggage claim was really far (at the very end of all). Overall an awful experience.
RouteTokyo to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2018

"make me pay for extra 10kg"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Jeju to Hong Kong. They charged me for a 20 kg checked in luggage because I have 10kg hand luggage instead of 7kg. If they want to charge for that, they should charge an excess charge per kilo, not make me pay for extra 10kg. I will not pay another ticket with them because of this, and losing customers like this is very bad in the long term. Also, they have this ridiculous policy that you cannot use any electronic device (including your mobile on airplane mode) as soon as they start descending, which other airlines have no issue with.
RouteJeju to Hong Kong