HK Express

"so impressed by the staff"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tokyo. HK Express was pretty standard. The prices for the drinks were not too bad, all things considered. I had to write a review about the staff, however, who were exceptionally friendly. I left a book on the plane and they very kindly helped me retrieve it with a very polite and friendly manner. They were very friendly and helpful about the matter by keeping me updated on where the book might be, and went the extra mile to make sure I had my belongings returned within an hour! On the way back the air steward was also very kind, and thoroughly explained the exchange rate for JPY to HKD when we bought items from the food cart. Overall I am so impressed by the staff!
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Overall an awful experience"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Hong Kong. They charged expensively on checked in luggage, so watch out for your luggage weight. Flight was delayed for over 40 mins. No inflight entertainment for 5 hour flight, pretty painful. Bags were delayed for unknown reasons. Baggage claim was really far (at the very end of all). Overall an awful experience.
RouteTokyo to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2018

"make me pay for extra 10kg"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Jeju to Hong Kong. They charged me for a 20 kg checked in luggage because I have 10kg hand luggage instead of 7kg. If they want to charge for that, they should charge an excess charge per kilo, not make me pay for extra 10kg. I will not pay another ticket with them because of this, and losing customers like this is very bad in the long term. Also, they have this ridiculous policy that you cannot use any electronic device (including your mobile on airplane mode) as soon as they start descending, which other airlines have no issue with.
RouteJeju to Hong Kong
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"everything worked"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Busan. Heard the horror stories about HK Express, but my experience overall during a few flights in the past year was fairly uneventful except for frequent changes in flight schedules (all minor). This flight was no exception. No frills but everything worked, and we got the tickets for a good price.
RouteHong Kong to Busan
Date FlownMay 2018

"agreed to a tax refund only"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Four months ago, I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Incheon. The online site stated 9:00 pm, I specifically checked for the 'pm' as I thought it is odd that they are not stating the flight time as 22:00. I then booked the flight 25 April 2018 and was sent the confirmation details as 9:00 am. I called the center right away and the ticket was said to be canceled with a full reimbursement within 8 weeks from cancellation. After over 8 weeks, I received less than half of the flight reimbursement fee. I kept in contact by email throughout the time to make sure that I get a full reimbursement as I was told due to the online bookings time which was incorrect. I am very disappointed as this was not good. My last email from the airline stated that I agreed to a tax refund only.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul
Date FlownApril 2018

" They lost my suitcase"

Trip Verified | Firstly when checking in - they said we had emergency row seats on both flights. We had exit seats on the first flight but turned out we had regular seats on the second. We noticed when we entered the aircraft. First flight: 30 minute delay, second flight 50 minutes delay. No apologies by the crew. They lost my suitcase and I spent 45 minutes filling out all kinds of forms in Tokyo which caused me to miss the last bus from the airport. Because of that I had to take an expensive taxi.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteDa Nang to Tokyo via Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2018

"very impressed by them"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | HK Express is a low cost airline that has daily flights to various destinations in Japan. I have selected to fly to Osaka with them. To ensure maximum comfort (but still very affordable), I've opted for U-Biz, which includes 30 kg luggage, priority check in lane, luggage handling and boarding. There was discount offered for meals on board too. There was a rather long queue for normal check in, I was so glad that I bought U-Biz, which only took me a few minutes to queue and be checked in. For both the outbound and in bound flights, they were on time, all things promised were delivered. I was seated in the sweet seat which was the front row of 3x3. 4 cabin crew worked hard during the flight, and it was very smooth and uneventful all the way. Food was so-so but still ok. In Osaka, my luggage were amongst the first to come out. Return flight was more or less the same. Overall, I was very impressed by them, It really offered great value for money for going to Japan. I will not hesitate to fly with them again.
RouteHong Kong to Kansai
Date FlownMay 2018

"return flight was changed"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Hiroshima to Hong Kong. Smooth bag drop and boarding at HIJ. Uneventful and punctual flight out. Time of return flight was changed "for operational reasons" to 09:45, meaning I had to get up at 04:30 to travel to Hong Kong airport from my hotel in Macau. Macau ferry terminal upstream check-in service was excellent but the flight time change meant serious changes to my morning plan. Unacceptable for this change to be made - ticket was booked in June last year, change advised this year. Were it not for this change I would give them 10/10 as a budget airline. Good selection of seats available for a standard charge, as far forward as row 6.
RouteHiroshima to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"skipped us when serving drinks"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Hong Kong. The flight attendant yells at passenger if you don't allow device on 'airplane mode' whatsoever; for camera use or listening to music. Your flight attendant needs to explain in detail and give a guidance in a courteous way. Some crew had friends moved to the very front seat in U biz section beside us and constantly going back and forth between the seat and galley and chatted throughout the flight. Their friends were served the hot drinks first before the attendant start serving anyone else. The crew skipped us when serving drinks and snacks and we had to wait until they came back from serving all others to the end of the craft. One of our pre-ordered foods came out well after we finished eating the other. At least they apologized for the delay but the food wasnt even even warm, nearly cold. I bought U first and our seats were the very front bulkhead seats.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSeoul to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2018

"worthless if you board at a bus gate"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Nah Trang. U First service on HK Express is worthless if you board at a bus gate And as they refuse to refund, exchange, transfer, or compensate you - it is a bit of a lucky dip whether purchasing U first is worth it at all. Just another cash grab by a budget airline.
RouteHong Kong to Nah Trang