Hong Kong Airlines

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

BKK-HKG Hong Kong Airlines was by far the best option for price and decent times. Very pleasantly surprised. Both flights on time. Decent meals onboard. Pleasant crew. Soft drinks tea coffee and beer offered. Decent range of in- seat entertainment for a short flight including programmes in English. Maybe I was lucky but I had a great experience on both legs.

(Hong Kong)

HX374 / HX375 from HKG - KWE (Guiyang China). Flight delayed 30 minutes they said it was due to the heavy traffic at HKIA. On return to HKG the plane was delayed 3 hours again the delay is because of the heavy traffic in HKIA. The "meal" onboard was only bread with ham - ridiculous.

(Hong Kong)

From Hong Kong to Kaohsiung on HX 296. The check in process was efficient. I enjoyed their lounge. They offered the touch screen entertainment system in every seats. Though it was a short journey for only 1 hour they still offered a pair of slippers for every passenger. The crew was nice and helpful with a nice cotton blanket. It will definitely be my first choice.

(Hong Kong)

My first return flight Beijing-Hong Kong was cancelled due to bad weather and so as my replacement flight 2 days later (all 3 HK Airlines flight cancelled out of 4 total on that day). Impossible to contact any staff on the phone and no response for my voice and e-mails. I gave up after a couple days and travelled back with another company. Finally the company replied by e-mail yesterday after a few weeks saying they are sorry weather beyond their control etc. and they offer a luggage belt as "souvenir" to compensate for all the inconveniences!

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

PEK-HKG. This was a very average airline and I would not go out of my way to fly them again. The seating felt very cramped the flight attendants seemed to lack that high level of customer service but again nothing that was hard to deal with. Not sure why an airline like this gets 4 stars where other airlines I've flown on international legs (Delta United etc) only get 3 stars. This didn't feel any better. If you get the right price though don't hesitate to fly with them.

(Hong Kong)

I have booked to fly twice with this airline. both times flights have been cancelled. First time was in June we were taking an early flight to Bali and was informed via e-mail with less than 48 hrs notice that the flight was cancelled and we were put on the much later flight. Very surprised to find that on the return flight there was no entertainment for the same 5hr flight? The second time my wife and I and my wife's parents are booked to fly HKG - Hanoi on the 4th October 2012 and return Hanoi - HKG 8th October. I have received an e- mail today to say that both flights are cancelled no apology and no advice on alternative travel options. I quickly looked for alternative flights that meet our requirements ( work in HK and domestic flights in Vietnam into consideration) and found one Dragon Air flight and one Cathay flight that suited. I called the Customer "help" line suggested they transfer us to these flights to be told that HK Airlines do not have an agreement with Dragon Air or Cathay. They instead asked us to take HK Airlines flights one day before the outgoing and one day after the return date to which I said no. We will never be booking with HK Airlines again.

(Hong Kong)

Phuket-Hong Kong August 29th. Aircraft arrived from HKG on schedule. Passengers boarded quickly and the plane left Phuket on time (02.45). Most passengers choose to sleep straightaway but water tea coffee and a hot snack was offered. Arrived HKG ahead of schedule at 06.55. Plane parked on tarmac and bus to HKG immigration. Luggage arrived within 30 mins of landing. When this flight is on time I would say value for money. There are advantages to a night flight. But I can imagine the discomfort when this flight is delayed. A320 with 144 economy seats and 8 "business class."

(Hong Kong)

We had a weekend break from HKG to Phuket and the flight was overbooked. 14 people were left without a seat on a plane holding at the most 300. This is a calculated approach by the airline - they know that they overbook but continue to take the money. We were only flying away Friday back Sunday so the idea of arriving a day late - the offer made - was a joke. I would not recommend anyone flying this airline until the stop overbooking.

(Hong Kong)

Last week I was flying to Beijing and they delayed the flight 5hrs with the reason being that they needed a new plane? I had to fight for over 30 mins to be transferred to another flight (Dragonair). Was finally transferred and thought that would be the end of that however on the return flight two days later the same excuse was used and there was another 3 hr delay on the return. The thing that made my blood boil wasn't the lack of organization or the pathetic excuses they made it was the ground staff who rolled their eyes and tutted when I complained and asked to be put on a flight that was leaving on time. I also spoke to other passengers and they had delays of up to 10hrs with the same level of service. If this level of service continues and the amount of delays this airline experiences remains then I think this is an airline will soon be out of business.