Hong Kong Airlines

(Hong Kong)

The worst airline I have ever travelled with was delayed by an hour going to Hanoi and 2.5 hours coming back. No apology no explanation for either journey. Was told I couldn't sit in the front seat with extra legroom (when the plane was loaded and locked) even though the seats were empty. The food was awful - literally bread and water there was no inflight entertainment. Staff were okay but just operate like robots and don't actually care. I will never travel with HK airlines ever again if you read this then I advise you to use a much more reputable company like Cathay/Dragon.

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

Flew BKK to Hong Kong. Outbound received a complimentary upgrade to business class. inbound flight was full so stayed in economy. On both legs the service was excellent. Inflight entertainment in both sections was a pleasant surprise on such a short flight. Food was also better than that served on a lot of more prestigious airlines. Enjoyable experience.

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

HKG-PEK-HKG. First time on this carrier and quite surprised by the high standard. Good seats good food and beverage service nice cabin crew.

(Denmark)

Worst airline company I have tried and I travel a lot. The service was extremely bad I flew from Hong Kong to Hanoi and back. Both flights were delayed with more than 2 hours each in fact the flight from Hanoi was delayed more than 3 hours even though its only a short flight. The crew at the destination and in Hanoi didn't do anything to solve the problem. So first and last time I am travelling with Hong Kong Airlines service is a non existing word in this company.

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

Our flight Sanya to Hong Kong was over four hours late resulting in missing our connection to North America for which we had allowed five hours. A typhoon had blown through the day before which they initially tried to claim as the cause then eventually admitted it was a local ground operations issue. Nobody at Sanya airport had the ability to communicate competently in any language but Chinese and the Hong Kong Airlines staff on the ground admitted that they did not know why their plane was being held on the ground for three hours without boarding (there was not a mechanical problem).

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

Bali to HKG in October in business class. Excellent all round given cost of ticket - flight was on time comfortable business class seat entertainment was not great but acceptable standard and best of all - service was excellent. I had some trepidation having read some of the negative press on this airline but I was very impressed. Compared to the cheap airlines in Europe and America HKA is a class above in my opinion.

(Hong Kong)

Guiyang to Hong Kong a terrible flight. First the flight was delayed about 2 hours they provided some food and beverages which was appreciated but the food looked terrible. Onboard blank stares replaced the usual "welcome aboard" with only one flight attendant actually welcoming passengers. The seat was comfortable enough for a short hop but it was on the hard side. When the meal service started there was no choice of a drink and the only sign of food was a terrible pork bun with the pork seemingly mashed together into 2 balls that looked as if they were compressed. There was also no in-flight entertainment. Setting aside the terrible welcome I received the cabin crew were great they were not robotic and were friendly.

(China)

HKK-HKT return. Better than expected. Delayed one hour on the way to Phuket which seemed to be because we were waiting for connecting passengers. IFE practically non-existent just TV episodes on an overhead screen which I couldn't listen to as there were no headphones but for a 3 hour flight I don't really care. Cabin crew were pleasant. The return journey left on time again with pleasant cabin crew and quite a decent breakfast was served. We landed early. My only real gripe was the highly annoying jingle which they played on a loop at top volume on the outward flight. All-in-all decent value for money.

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

HKG-TPE. The flight was good. It was a short flight and we arrived early. Good in-flight entertainment. No problems with the luggage.

Hong Kong Airlines customer review

HX529 September 12 2013. Booked Hanoi - Hong Kong. On the departure day we had no idea the flight was cancelled no communication from the airline whatsoever. We had to call the airline to see that the flight was indeed cancelled since the airline website was utterly useless and they tried to have us fly the next day which was unacceptable to us. We asked them to put us on the Cathay Pacific flight on the same day and they said they would call us back. A few hours went by and no word so we called them back. The woman on the phone had the audacity to say we had contacted them a few days ago to try to cancel our flight and get a refund which was a lie. Eventually they got us on the Cathay flight. This was a classic case of "you get what you pay for". We booked with Hong Kong Airlines to save some money but will do so again we will rather spend the extra money for less stress and better service with other airlines such as Cathay.
Seat Comfort N/A