Hi Fly

"very favorably impressed with this airline"

Not Verified | Orlando to London Gatwick. Flight was booked for Norwegian. We learned shortly before flight that we would be actually flying with HiFly. Did a quick internet search and did not find any alarming negatives. We were surprised to see a plain, white jet pull up to the terminal. We were informed that the flight would be minimally delayed by the crew. The boarding process was as smooth as rude, impatient customers would allow - the crew handled it well. The flight attendants were young, fresh, energetic, efficient and very nice - a nice change for us. The flight crew/captain informed us right away about the flight route, that we were navigating around a storm, that he apologized for the initial delay, but that he believed we could make up the time. He did just that. The seats and food were what we expected in economy class - so no real complaints there, as I choose not to pay for upgrades. All in all, very favorably impressed with this airline.
RouteOrlando to London Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"cabin crew made no attempt to organise anything"

Trip Verified | We returned from Holguin on flight 5K2817 run by Hi-Fly. This company was drafted in to replace the original Thomas Cook flight (MT2817). The flight was due to take off at 17.00 but we didn’t start boarding until nearly 17.00. Like most people, we didn’t rush as we had boarding passes with allocated seat numbers. Some people had also paid more for extra leg room seats. As we boarded the plane the cabin crew told us to just sit anywhere! This led to chaos and contributed to the delays in taking off. A storm then rolled in and at 17.55 the captain confirmed that we wouldn’t be taking off. There was no further information until 18.39 when he announced that there a was sick child on board and asked for assistance. At 19.08 a Thomas Cook/Condor plane landed in the storm. At 19.31 the captain announced that the child and parents would be leaving the plane but it wasn’t until 19.58 that the baggage belt arrived to start removing the bags. At 20.46 the captain announced that we would finally be leaving. At 20.50 the Thomas Cook plane took off – ahead of us! At 21.21 we finally took off – 4.5 hours after boarding. The cabin crew made no attempt to organise anything – not even the seating. We heard of several fights breaking out and there could well have been many more. The seats were cramped and there was no leg room. The selfish person in front of me pushed their seat back resulting in absolutely no leg room at all. My knees were crushed against the back of their seat for over 8 hours. There is no way I could have placed myself into the brace position (see image). I pointed this out to the cabin crew who, as usual, couldn’t care less. There was no entertainment at all and the only food offered was a roll with very little inside it. The only drink offered by the crew was water, however, we discovered 6 hours into the flight that hot drinks were available near the back. None of the crew bothered to tell us and we had to get up and get it ourselves This is without doubt the worst flight were have ever had to endure. The whole experience had left us reluctant to fly again. Hi-Fly should not be used as a replacement service again – they simply aren’t up to the standards required for even basic air travel. Their planes are cramped, under-equipped and the staff are either undertrained or just couldn’t give a damn.
RouteHolguin to London Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Flight plastic free"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Salvador Bahia. Flight plastic free. The first one I have travelled with. And they had Ipads to comfortable watch what we preferred. The distance between the chairs was large.
RouteLisbon to Salvador

"a very good experience"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Salvador to Lisbon. Everything great. The flight was on time and the flight attendants were super nice. Good food and served in nice quantities. The entertainment was very personalized. It was a very good experience.
RouteSalvador to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Very nice flight"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Salvador. Very nice flight. Staff, food and seats were very nice. Entertainment was great with several movies and series to choose from. I will definitely be travelling again with HiFly.
AircraftAirbus 330
RouteLisbon to Salvador
Date FlownDecember 2018

"well trained and professional staff"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to New York. I flew Hi Fly on a Norwegian flight. An older jet, the interior was outdated a bit. The overhead reading lights could only be turned on from the crew. One of the bathroom sinks wasn’t working. There were only about 6 movies and 2 tv shows to be entertained from, but if you are flying 8 hours, you should know to bring some sort of entertainment with you. Seats were cloth, not leather if that matters. The crew more than made up for any shortcomings. I felt like they had a full crew of well trained and professional staff. But they were pleasant, smiled, and made sure our drinks were taken care of since we also bought meals. They were likely one of the best crews that I have ever flown with. I fly about 30 times per year. All in all, sure it wasn’t a Boeing 787 but they got us where we were going.
AircraftA340-300
RouteAmsterdam to New York
Date FlownDecember 2018

"wouldn't choose to fly with hifly"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Hi Fly operated the route Brunei - Melbourne on behalf of Royal Brunei, due to RB having some sort of issue with their usual fleet for that route. We were told this at Heathrow (full flight was London- Melbourne via Dubai & Brunei). It stated the flight would be as comfortable, and the same high standard as RB. Not the case, sadly! Plane was older, more cramped and I felt not very clean. In-flight entertainment consisted of about 6 or 7 films, and 2 TV shows. I was lucky to have a vacant seat next to me, but the screen want working; I asked the flight attendant to see if it could be reset, and I doubt she even checked, as it never worked and no-one came back to me to update. Food service was incredibly slow, with warm drinks and nothing explained. I had to ask for my water bottle to be refilled 3 times (over 1 hour!) and finally, to get it refilled, I had to use the call attendant button, as the lady who insisted she hasn't forgotten, clearly had! Also, loads of passengers had to ask about the seatbelt sign, as it was on after take-off for a very long time (smooth flying so no need) and we weren't able to use the toilets. The sign went on again after a period of short turbulence, however again took a long time to go off, so people were just disregarding it to use the toilet (no cabin crew in sight at this time) Upon arrival, it was a brief message of thank you, but no local time update - something which is necessary upon arrival in a new time zone! All in all, a shame to have had this flight as a last leg of a long haul - you need to be comfortable. They were no way near up to RB's standard or service. I wouldn't choose to fly with hi fly, and I'd be hesitant if I knew they were stepping in as a replacement service provider
RouteBandar seri Begawan to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Hi-Fly filled in quite nicely"

Trip Verified | We were booked on Air Transat flight TS178 from Montreal to Porto. The first leg was from Toronto to Montreal. Upon landing on the 15th of September at Montreal for our connecting flight a few hours later, we were informed that it had been cancelled. I later found out through a friend that it was due to a technical issue with the A310 we were supposed to fly. We were rescheduled for departure on the 16th at 4 PM. Upon arrival we found out the plane was delayed again and that we would have to wait until 8:50 PM for departure. Transat never advised us it was Hi-Fly, just that it was an A340-300 we would be flying. Wasn't hard to put two and two together however. Upon boarding the plane (1st class as we were booked on club) I was pleased to see it was quite clean and the attendants were polite and friendly. The pilot was also very polite and was in the cabin speaking with the passengers before departure. Before takeoff we were advised that there would be some light to moderate turbulence a few hours into the flight (which proved accurate as meal service was stopped) but nothing that we weren't prepared for. About an hour or so in they began dinner service. Selection was limited so we had the risotto. It was actually decent but the croissant was bit dry. The full recline of the seats was nice however I had to switch with my Fiancee as hers didn't work and I'm too nervous a person to fully recline anyways. Still a comfortable enough seat and as it was a former Emirates first class cabin, the space was incredible. The breakfast was far more fresh and quite good. Focaccia, croissant and mixed fruit which were served about an hour before landing. Landing was so smooth you couldn't even feel the initial touchdown, nor the front wheel touchdown. The A340-300 is a nice smooth plane and our pilot made it that much smoother. All in all it was an excellent experience. Air Transat was very accommodating and Hi-Fly filled in quite nicely.
AircraftA340-300
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteToronto to Porto via Montreal
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a very good experience"

Not Verified | Gatwick to New York. I had a ticket with Norwegian and I got a series of SMSs telling me that the company that will actually fly the plane was Hi-Fly, that there will be only limited entertainment, etc. I read reviews on this site before and was worried about this flight. I was in for a surprise. The A380 was super, clean and in very good shape, the food was very good, drinks offered, the staff was attentive, nice, smiling and welcoming. What passes for limited entertainment these days is that they offered only 16 movies on the screen in front of you and you had to bring your own headphones. It was a very good experience, in fact, one of the best in some time on a regular airline. Here is a photo of the plane as we were boarding.
RouteGatwick to New York
Date FlownAugust 2018

"This company is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Due to a technical problem on our Thomas Cook flight we were delayed 24 hours and had to fly with HiFly. We paid for premium economy but were placed in economy next to the only toilet working on the flight. This was a bone of contention because other people were allocated our P.E seats. There were no alcoholic drinks available and by the time they got to us the food had run out so we went hungry. No entertainment available, it was pathetic. My wifes headrest fell off and when I reported this the crew member shrugged his shoulders and done nothing about it. The crew who were from Portugal were ignorant and rude. The aircraft was fithy and as described before only one working toilet. This company is a disgrace and the aircraft should not have been allowed off the ground.
RouteOrlando to Manchester