Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Wife and I flew San Jose to Maui via Honolulu. Same route on our return. I found the staff to be pleasant and accommodating. The food offered was ok but we did not expect much more. My complaint was with the airplane seat. I am 6’4” and 205lbs. The seats were so uncomfortable with no leg room. Despite getting up and walking around a bit it was torturous having to return to my seat. On our next trip I may pony up for a First Class seat – the continued pain is just not worth it.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

We fly Hawaiian because it is the only non-stop from HNL to San Diego. Flight from HNL to SD on 767 had incredibly little legroom I'm only 5'5" and couldn't get my legs under the seat in front due to some metal box affixed to floor. FA's were okay.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to San Francisco. Outbound food which you have to buy onboard was expensive and limited. The return flight was delayed by at least 10 hours and we decided to book ourselves onto another airline. Staff did not know which reception point would have our bags; we then had to find our way out of the building to another terminal and check-in again paying a further $50 for our two suitcases. The check-in arrangements at Honolulu are poor - too few people handling the check-in for Economy Class.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney to Honolulu return. I have really only one complaint because Australia and Perth in particular is so far away the time spent sitting in one spot for over 12-15 hrs is hard enough without the seating and general facilities being less than user friendly. Return flight from Honolulu to Sydney was very cramped (leg room) and there was a lot less overhead baggage space than the flight to Honolulu. This made the experience more uncomfortable than it could have been.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

From check-in to arrival nothing went right from HNL to LAX. Our carry-ons were acceptable on the way from LAX-HNL and not on the return. We were warned I would be removed from the flight if I refused to check-in baggage. The flight from HNL-LAX departed 30 mins later than scheduled. The flight attendant threw my sandwich in my lap. The night crew from HNL to LAX were not friendly with no smile from a single crew member. The plane was very old (767). My husbands seat had a metal piece sticking out between the backrest and the seat. Bring your own headset or portable DVD if you want technology. Our flight from LAX to HNL was delayed and we sat on the plane for more than 1.5 hrs. I would not recommend Hawaiian airlines you get what you pay for.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to Hilo on a Boeing 717. The flight was very average. Check-in was a mess. Had to wait in line for a machine and when you checked in your bags you needed to wait for someone who works for Hawaiian to come. The service was average they come around with juice during flight. You barely even new there were FA's. Overall I didn't expect much and I didn't get much.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney-Honolulu return. Upon check-in at Sydney advised that we were split up. Food was only one option. Planes old with no in seat entertainment unless you pay $15USD for a portable unit.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu-Seattle return on B767. Baggage handling and boarding staff were lovely. I was in Economy class and the seats were comfortable I managed to sleep. Flight attendants were friendly and available in the aisles food choices were delicious safety instructions were polite and clear. Lavatories were clean inflight entertainment had plenty of choice.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Sydney-Honolulu-Sydney. Pleased with the services both in the air and on the ground. The check-in staff at Sydney airport were pleasant and courteous. The meal after take-off from Sydney was ok. The outbound flight was an overnight one and an eye-shade was offered which was nice. The check-in staff were kind and helpful when checking-in for return flight at Honolulu airport. The home-bound inflight service was excellent cockpit crew for both flights were first-class. The cabin crew are sincere laid-back and easily approachable.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-LAS on an A330. New aircraft in excellent condition. Paid to upgrade to a Premium seat in bulkhead row 14 which had at least 48 inches of legroom. Great IVOD offerings but limited free selections. Meal was adequate and accompanied by great cabin service throughout the flight. I have avoided Hawaiian in the past while the numerous fees have only got worse with time this was all-in-all an unexpectedly good flight.