Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

We flew for the first time with Hawaiian airlines from Brisbane on 767 to Hawaii then onto Vegas. We upgraded to business class on flight from Brisbane to Hawaii the night before on online check in for discounted price - worth it. Lounge at Brisbane airport is AirNZ and was great. Staff on ground very helpful food great we paid extra for bulkhead seat from Vegas to Hawaii - again worth it plenty of leg room. I found every aspect of the flights great.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Most uncomfortable seats on any flight I've ever experienced. Very cold on the flight no blankets or pillows offered on this OAK-OGG flight. Meal is a joke! Brunch consisted of 2 small slices of cantaloupe 2 small slices of mushy watermelon 2 very hard slices of unripe honeydew melon 4 grapes 4 crackers one piece of cheese and one chocolate covered macadamia nut candy. When leaving home at 6:00 a.m. with two hour advance check-in before a 5:33 flight don't assume Hawaiian is offering a meal as their advertising reports; eat first take food on the plane. Take a jacket to wear on the flight. Very tight leg room uncomfortable uncushioned hard seats. They are the only airline that I know of that charges for ear phones. Could have brought my own if I knew they are not included. Poor quality entertainment choices. If you want to starve freeze and suffer through a long flight fly HA otherwise choose a different carrier.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

A couple of weeks back we had to cut short our trip due to a family members health deteriorating rapidly we were in Kauai and needed to get back to Sydney pronto. Hawaiian were accommodating on getting us on a flight but charged us both for entirely 2 new one way air fares ( AUD2200) - talk about slugging you whilst you are down - absolutely no compassion at all. Other family member were in the UK and Emirates/Qantas did all they could to get them home in time which they did and did all of this free of charge - we've flown with Hawaiian in the past but this has left a very very poor taste in our collective mouths. IF we can at all help it will not be flying Hawaiian again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

BNE-HNL return Business although not fully flat the recliner seats are very comfy food and beverages excellent as well as the staff. Inflight entertainment on the 767er not so good but the service made up for it. As previously mentioned the lounge in HNL really needs upgrading we walked in used the restroom and walked out.

(Bermuda)

I flew HA436 first class from SYD to HNL on 12th October on a brand new A330 and had a very good experience - attentive crew - great food preparation and meal and beverage service and good in-flight entertainment. The only drawback was the lack of a lie flat bed for a 9 hour flight-the seat was comfortable but if HA pulled out those cradle type seats in First and removed the economy seats in the second smaller cabin and installed lie flat beds in both cabins they would have a great product and sweep away their competition.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Hilo to Sydney via Honolulu. Web check in went well purchased preferred seats for Honolulu to Sydney cost $75 seat 14B. Hilo to Honolulu HA 121 8.50am departure seat 1B first class. Lounge at Hilo very basic free wifi coffee and soft drink. Pre boarding done correctly on time departure quick 50 minute flight just enough time for a coffee and a biscuit. Honolulu to Sydney HA 451 seat 14B the reserved seating bulk head seat cost $75 extra. Boarding called in correct order except kids get priority again. My bulk head seat was as spacious as an economy seat can be. I would have preferred the seats in row 11 but they were blocked for the entire 24 hour period during check in. Not long after take off a very friendly stewardess offered drinks and 2 hours into flights refills and dinner served would give this food a 4 out of 5 for economy. There was a lot of young families traveling with babies all were reasonably behaved for a 10 hour flight. There of course was one family who thought it was ok for their children to play a portable DVD player without head phones so all the cabin could hear it.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

5th October SYD-HNL-ITO. This is my 10th year as a dedicated Hawaiian air traveller for long distance trip SYD to HNL and Hilo also to LA and Vegas also started to use their HNL to JFK this year and looking forward to their expansion with new aircraft purchase planned. Today's trip started on 4th October at 2000 when I attempted to use the web check in 24 hours prior with no success. I am lucky I am a gold Pualani member so I called their dedicated line after about 25 minutes they were able to upgrade my SYD-HNL flight and my HNL-Hilo which is good as business on Hawaiian is normally very good. 5th October check in was a breeze with the dedicated business and Pualani member line and with express pass through immigration I was In the Air New Zealand lounge in no time. This Air NZ lounge has improved over the past few years it was getting tired and food mediocre. But gladly today much better I really like the self help bar. My flight is scheduled for 2000 departure I noticed in bound flight arrived on time. Boarding started on time and again children first before business - this always annoys me. Once onboard was offered welcome champagne or juice the seats are wide leather seats but don't lie flat but are still very comfortable and they have power for your iPad or iPhone. Take off on time and as soon as we levelled off drinks started to flow I had a few chivas regals and before dinner there also was a cheese plate. 3 options for dinner I had the veal and catch of the day and it was fantastic. Breakfast was strawberry yoghurt fresh fruit plate country style potatoes and crab and scallion omelette also fantastic. The cabin crew were very attentive and professional I managed to get a good couple of hours sleep and rested for my next flight HNL to Hilo. Got through customs fairly fast but maybe they could looking into express path for business passengers like in Sydney. At the transfer desk no Hawaiian staff there to send my bags to Hilo so had to take them to the inter island terminal myself. Once there was easy to drop off bags and head to the priority security line. Honolulu to Hilo again seat 1B a quick 50 minute flight no problems arrived on time and bags were quickly available. Over all a 5 star trip very pleased and look forward to many more Hawaiian trips.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

San Francisco-Honolulu-San Francisco in September 2013. Outbound Flight HA11 boarded on time boarding was organized flight left and arrived on time. Newish Airbus A330-200's economy cabin was stylish and comfortable. Basic IFE offered little entertainment you have to pay extra for movies and TV programs. Not a problem for me and my wife as we brought our own respective iPads. The outbound basic "free" meal consisted of a fruit tray a cookie a Hawaiian chocolate candy in a wrapper water and juice or soda. Upgraded meal was $14 for a hamburger or a Chicken salad with a few extras on the meal tray but we felt those were not good values for their prices therefore we bought two sandwiches in the airport before our flight. Flight attendants were pleasant and they offered free Mai Tais and Hawaiian chips about one hour before landing in HNL. Total of three drink runs during the 5 1/2-hour flight. Return flight HA12 also with organized boarding left and arrived on time. Nothing new to say about the Airbus A330-200's IFE except this particular airplane's moving map display has an added information on the airplane's flight level in meters and feet. Surprised we were given "free" in-flight meal of Chicken- stuffed hot sandwich with a small salad and Hawaiian chocolate candy a free cup of wine was an option! This was very much appreciated. Again three drink runs during this 4 1/2-hour flight. Flight attendants were pleasant and efficient. With HA's convenient departure and arrival times and newer Airbus A330-200 aircraft's used on the SFO- HNL-SFO routes we will fly with them again next time we visit the Hawaiian Islands.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Flew Business Class Sydney to Honolulu. Complete rip off. Seats do not convert to beds the plane was old and outdated the food was terrible and they don't even have a wine list. For a snack we were not offered but had to ask and it was a bag of chips or a cookie in Business Class. Uniforms are as ugly as the plane and the service was shocking. I will never fly on Hawaiian again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL. My mother and I had high hopes. We were quite disappointed starting from the moment we entered the plane. Cabin Crew appeared disinterested and not polite. The food was by far the most terrible we have ever had on any flight. It was quite safe to say that Hawaiian Airlines food service onboard HA452 and HA451 was disgusting. On both legs no vegetarian option was given and we were given hard cold chicken with undercooked vegetables. It was a terrible way to start a flight and it certainly did not get any better as the long night flight became unusually extremely cold to the point that others were questioning it too! The cabin temperature served countless chills that made it hard to sleep.