Gulf Air

"cabin crew were friendly and hard working"

Trip Verified | GF is a ok airline. The cabin crew were friendly and hard working even though on all my sectors (LHR-BAH-BKK and back again) the plane was completely full. The plane inside was quite clean and the food was mostly good out of London and Bahrain, not out of Bangkok though. Drinks were served regularly and they oblige when you ask for one. I don't mind travelling with them again.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownMay 2022

"No pillows were available"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | Food came so late, drinks too. No pillows were available. FA explained that they forgot to load them in Bahrain. Toilets were dirty. My food was disgusting, and items missing, like water.
RouteBangkok to Bahrain

Gulf Air customer review

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | Flight from Kuwait to Bahrain was smooth. No particular problems to report as it’s only a 1h flight. Now comes the Bahrain to Bangkok leg. Flight was on time but pillows were missing on the seat. Service was a real mess. Food arrived 2 hours into the flight, unorganized FAs, drinks followed an hour after food. It seemed that the FAs didn’t have any training. There were only 4 FAs for the whole economy cabin. Serious lack of organisation. Maybe that’s why the ticket was cheap. Cheap tickets equals cheap service.
RouteKuwait to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownMay 2022

"The food service needs to improve"

Trip Verified | The food service needs to improve. I was offered a cold veg roll from Dubai to Bahrain with no other choice. And from Bahrain to Dubai some were offered a choice between a chicken or veg shawarma. However, as they ran out of chicken, I was told that the veg roll was the only thing on offer. The flight was quite empty as I had three seats to myself. I think catering could have been more effective.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"half a day wasted"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines and customer care - I was made spend 3 hrs for phone booking due to their website, and finally some abnormal price was quoted against the actual price shared on the website. Then again, they wanted me to send the price from the website as a screenshot to proceed with booking. My half a day was wasted booking with them. Thank god I decided not to proceed with them. Never book or fly through them.
RouteBahrain to Chennai
Date FlownApril 2022

"I was delayed by their slow system"

Trip Verified | Gulf Air refused me entry into my flight because their system did not update to show that I had bought extra luggage. The time taken to show that I had in fact booked it caused the delay and the lateness. The price paid for the extra luggage for myself and my mother did not carry over onto the next flight. I spoke to a Gulf Air agent, who told me that they will rectify the situation if I paid a £14 fee for my mother and £150 for myself. I reluctantly agreed do this. I then receive a call from Gulf Air who said that because my mother had initially booked her flight with an agency (lastminute.com), the fees would need to be increased to £314. I reluctantly agreed as I was in a desperate position. I then received an email that informs me that changing my ticket to the night time one was now £300, and not the £150 mentioned; this was despite the fact that I had booked with Gulf Air directly; which contradicts what they had said earlier about the agency. I then call them to ask about this new pricing; an agent answers me very patronisingly and essentially asks "are you going to pay or not?". So in total; I coughed out an additional £968 because I was delayed by their slow system in the first place (£314 for my mum, £300 for me, and combined loss of £354 of baggage). Seems like they can talk how they like with customers with no accountability. Their prices are good, but there's a reason for it.
RouteDubai to London via Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2022

"has improved a lot"

Trip Verified | London to Lahore via Bahrain. I have been a frequent flyer on Gulf Air and was assigned front seats on both travel legs. Gulf Air has improved a lot but a few things need some improvement. The drink service is too late as I finished my main meal without any drink and they gave the drinks when all passengers were being served the main meal which I felt was not helpful. Secondly, the IFE lacked variety and had limited choice. Transit was smooth however they changed the aircraft at the last minute and as I result half of my luggage came in the next flight which was in the evening. I had to travel 4 hours from my home the next day to collect it from Airport which was really annoying. The good on BAH-LHE leg needs a lot of improvement and again the drinks were served long after I finished my meal.
RouteLondon to Lahore via Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2022

"system showed all seats were reserved"

Trip Verified | Gulf Air's online check-in system showed all seats were reserved except those that a passenger needs to pay for. I paid £20 to reserve a seat but when I boarded the plane it was almost empty. Gulf Air staff told me to contact Customer Services if I wanted a refund, I did and they keep sending me a automated reference number and a message saying we will contact you soon. It has been over a month now and I have had no explanation. The flight experience was poor too.
RouteLondon to Karachi via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Gulf Air were brilliant"

Trip Verified | Gulf Air were brilliant. Check in easy, Crew friendly and polite. Food and drink plentiful and lots of choice. Plane was spotless and flights smooth. Seats were comfy and lie flat was great. Lounge at Bahrain clean and new. Dinner and drinks were very good and had shower to Freshen up. Bar staff in lounge really friendly and great service. BA execs should book a flight and remind themselves of what business class is all about.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"no concern for customer convenience"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | I had a booking from Muscat to Cairo via Bahrain. My flight from Muscat was scheduled to arrive at 4.35 pm in Bahrain, and the Bahrain to Cairo leg departs at 5.15 pm. About 48 hours before the travel time, I received a message from Gulf Air informing of the cancellation of the Bahrain to Cairo flight. I was re-booked on an earlier flight that same morning leaving Bahrain at 10.15 a.m, with no change in my Muscat to Bahrain flight. The Gulf Air call center offered to book me on another day, but that was not an option for me. They informed me a refund of my ticket requires 90 working days to process. I had no other choice but to re-book myself with another airline out of Muscat. I checked the status of previous 5.15 pm Gulf Air flights to Cairo, and the majority of these flights were cancelled. It seems Gulf Air sells tickets for flights they do not intend to operate unless fully booked, with no concern for customer convenience. I feel that instead of receiving the service I purchased from Gulf Air, I ended up providing the company with a 3-month interest-free loan equivalent to the value of the ticket I purchased.
RouteMuscat to Cairo via Bahrain