Gulf Air

"Dismissed by rude staff"

Trip Verified | 11 hours layover now means no hotel, no lounge access and no food and drink vouchers. Dismissed by rude staff at the transfer desk with the excuse of covid. I managed to pay for a hotel at the airport easily so it's nothing to do with covid and everything to do with money. The food on board was pathetic. I'm sticking with Qatar Airways from now on. Never again!
RouteKuwait to London via Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2021

"book all of us for a flight next day"

Trip Verified | We flew from Karachi to Bahrain to LHR. The journey, as long as it was already was supposed to continue to JFK on an AA flight sold on the same itinerary by Gulf. Due to a significantly late departure from Bahrain, the aircraft arrived late to LHR. The airline ground staff gathered 24 or so passengers from the flight and put them on a bus to T5 from T2 at LHR. Upon getting to T5, we were informed by AA that the gates are closed and they had informed Gulf already and that we needed to go back to T2 and deal with Gulf. This yo-yoing happened a few times. To make matters worse, since all 24 or so passengers were coming from red listed COVID countries, going through immigration and outside would have triggered a 10 day mandatory quarantine. The airport staff located and got a Gulf representative to come in and book all of us for a flight next day. He also gave the passengers a speech about how Gulf has done everything they can without even a simple apology. When we asked for pillows and blankets for the passengers, we were told Gulf has done all it can. All they provided were measly food vouchers. A number of the passengers are elderly and the treatment by Gulf has been ridiculous.
RouteKarachi to London via Bahrain
Date FlownJuly 2021

"cancelled my return flight"

Trip Verified | I travelled on Gulf Air with my 3 Months old Daughter in Jun 21, Travel was not very comfortable but the problem start when Gulf Air cancelled my return flight in July 21 and when i contacted them they said i need to speak to Agent to rebook even after explaining it is not agent who cancelled my flight, it is Gulf Air who cancelled its scheduled operation and it is their responsibility to give me alternate available date but they were very rude & unhelpful to listen anything. When i travelled last time with Qatar Airways and Emirates due to covid-19 they both also cancelled their schedule flights and both Airline staff helped me without any hustle in within 3 minutes emailed me my new ticket with alternate available flight. Gulf Air need to upgrade its 3rd world country`s policies & Staff Training before increasing the routes or Aircraft.
RouteLondon to Karachi via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2021

Gulf Air customer review

Trip Verified | Gulf Air experience was extremely unpleasant. I purchased a ticket that is supposed to be refundable and also possible to change without any cost. Due to urgent reasons, I needed to get it changed or refunded and I requested it according to the policy (before 24 hours of the flight time). I'd have to wait for a minimum of 30 minutes on hold to be able to speak to customer services. When I asked if I could change it, they refused to help, so that now I'd need to buy a new ticket.
Date FlownApril 2021

"told the ticket had expired"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Deplorable customer service. After having my flight cancelled in March 2020 due to Covid 19, Gulf Air issued a ticket which I was told could be used to book another flight within 12 months. After finally reaching a customer service representative on an international call, only to be told the ticket had expired and that it was 12 months from the initial purchase of September 2019! During this period I was unable to book my flights as they were unavailable from Gulf Air? How can a goods or service expire when it was never provided, surely this is a breach of contract?
RouteBahrain to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"refused to board me and my family"

Trip Verified | Lahore to Dubai via Bahrain. Gulf Air refused to board me and my family. They refused to give reason of refusal in writing. Verbally they told it is advise from Bahrain office. We had valid family visa and traveled 3 days later on a different airline. Gulf Air further applied cancellation charges. They never responded to my complaint lodged at their site. This complaint has all details and contact information.
RouteLahore to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2020

6th August 2020 : Gulf Air response

Thank you for your review. We were sorry to read that your last experience with Gulf Air left you disappointed in our services. Please provide us with your flight and contact details. This will allow us to investigate and contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you.

"refund amount wasn't returned"

Trip Verified | I flew with Gulf Air from Bahrain to London on September 2019, it wasn't a pleasant flight due to long ques, slow service, clear lack of manpower in the airport, and abysmal treatment in the plane (had to wait 1/2 hour to get a pillow for my child). I wasn't planning to utilize that airlines again, but unfortunately, due to lack of other options, I had to book my flight back on March 30th, 2020 through Gulf Air to Dammam, Saudi Arabia. But then travel restrictions to Saudi from Bahrain were imposed, and I had to cancel my flight. Even though their official website refund policy states that the refund cost is 10BD (30 USD), and it would take no more than 1 month to be completed. I was informed that it would cost a 100BD (350USD) penalty, and would take 2-3 months to be processed. So far, it's been a month and a half, and still the refund amount wasn't returned to my account. By the way, when I called to cancel the flight, it was an international call, and I had to wait on-hold for approximately 25 minutes until someone responded. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this airlines to anyone, and I will still pursue my refund amount, as I heard from a friend that he never got his refund even after 3 months for his flight.
Date FlownSeptember 2019

21st June 2020 : Gulf Air response

"little glitches Gulf Air should address"

Trip Verified | London to Bahrain in Business Class , Having flown their A330's before, I was looking forward to experience the difference in their 787's. Firstly, the seat is a 2x2x2 configuration, with open suite style seating. The window seats (which I chose), offered privacy once the screen was raised up. And every seat has direct aisle access. The seat is fabulous, comfortable, with all the adjustments including a massage function, except for the headphone socket which was a difficult to see as it was hidden in a darker area by the seat. I loved the windows, which could be darken and lightened. There is little storage space, but if you were not stretching out to a full flat bed, the front area underneath the TV monitor allowed for an ample storage area. The Amenity Kit was basic, but they did provide PJ's even on the daylight flights. However, the IFE is very limited, with a small selection of movies and programmes. Service was a mixed bag. While welcoming and friendly, the cabin crew were non-engaging, instead providing the service in a professional and swift manner. There were the usual welcome drinks including champagne, with top ups offered, dates, Arabic Coffee and hot & cold towels throughout. I still cannot get over the gimmick of the onboard chef, as I just cannot see the advantage - and wish they didn't take the menus away. I wanted to see the wine list again, but was offered just red or white (two choices), but didn't see the bottle nor was I able to taste first. These are little glitches Gulf Air should address to improve their product to near perfection. The food in general was very tasty and I love their signature dish of Lamb Shank, proper afternoon Cream Teas and so on. I had to curtail my trip due to the pandemic, and the return flight was understandably basic. No hot food, no pillows, no blankets, PJ's etc and disposable plastic cutlery.
Date FlownMarch 2020

13th April 2020 : Gulf Air response

"never fly this airline again"

Not Verified | I was traveling from Paris to Delhi via Bahrain on 17th March. While boarding at Paris,the management said that your flight from Bahrain to Delhi has been cancelled. The management said don't worry we will transfer you to some other airlines. When we reached Bahrain, Gulf Air was helpless,they left us stranded for 18 hours without food and accommodation and they made us wait for 18 hours and then transferred us in GF134 on 18th March next day at 14:15. After that, we were 11 passengers travelling from Paris, out of 11, 9 were given business class upgrade and me and other Indian guy was left out. Asking for my rights is a crime? It was so humiliating, but I'm proud of my identity and I decided I will never fly this airline again.
RouteParis to Delhi via Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very unprofessional service"

Not Verified | London to Kochi via Bahrain. Very unprofessional service. There was shortage of food and I was offered something which I don’t eat. The touch screen of the tv was not working hence could use it.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Bahrain