Gulf Air

"refused to board me and my family"

Trip Verified | Lahore to Dubai via Bahrain. Gulf Air refused to board me and my family. They refused to give reason of refusal in writing. Verbally they told it is advise from Bahrain office. We had valid family visa and traveled 3 days later on a different airline. Gulf Air further applied cancellation charges. They never responded to my complaint lodged at their site. This complaint has all details and contact information.
RouteLahore to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2020

"refund amount wasn't returned"

Trip Verified | I flew with Gulf Air from Bahrain to London on September 2019, it wasn't a pleasant flight due to long ques, slow service, clear lack of manpower in the airport, and abysmal treatment in the plane (had to wait 1/2 hour to get a pillow for my child). I wasn't planning to utilize that airlines again, but unfortunately, due to lack of other options, I had to book my flight back on March 30th, 2020 through Gulf Air to Dammam, Saudi Arabia. But then travel restrictions to Saudi from Bahrain were imposed, and I had to cancel my flight. Even though their official website refund policy states that the refund cost is 10BD (30 USD), and it would take no more than 1 month to be completed. I was informed that it would cost a 100BD (350USD) penalty, and would take 2-3 months to be processed. So far, it's been a month and a half, and still the refund amount wasn't returned to my account. By the way, when I called to cancel the flight, it was an international call, and I had to wait on-hold for approximately 25 minutes until someone responded. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this airlines to anyone, and I will still pursue my refund amount, as I heard from a friend that he never got his refund even after 3 months for his flight.
RouteLondon to Bahrain
Date FlownSeptember 2019

21st June 2020 : Gulf Air response

Thank you for your review. We were sorry to read that your last experience with Gulf Air left you disappointed in our services. Please provide us with your flight and contact details. This will allow us to investigate and contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you.

"little glitches Gulf Air should address"

Trip Verified | London to Bahrain in Business Class , Having flown their A330's before, I was looking forward to experience the difference in their 787's. Firstly, the seat is a 2x2x2 configuration, with open suite style seating. The window seats (which I chose), offered privacy once the screen was raised up. And every seat has direct aisle access. The seat is fabulous, comfortable, with all the adjustments including a massage function, except for the headphone socket which was a difficult to see as it was hidden in a darker area by the seat. I loved the windows, which could be darken and lightened. There is little storage space, but if you were not stretching out to a full flat bed, the front area underneath the TV monitor allowed for an ample storage area. The Amenity Kit was basic, but they did provide PJ's even on the daylight flights. However, the IFE is very limited, with a small selection of movies and programmes. Service was a mixed bag. While welcoming and friendly, the cabin crew were non-engaging, instead providing the service in a professional and swift manner. There were the usual welcome drinks including champagne, with top ups offered, dates, Arabic Coffee and hot & cold towels throughout. I still cannot get over the gimmick of the onboard chef, as I just cannot see the advantage - and wish they didn't take the menus away. I wanted to see the wine list again, but was offered just red or white (two choices), but didn't see the bottle nor was I able to taste first. These are little glitches Gulf Air should address to improve their product to near perfection. The food in general was very tasty and I love their signature dish of Lamb Shank, proper afternoon Cream Teas and so on. I had to curtail my trip due to the pandemic, and the return flight was understandably basic. No hot food, no pillows, no blankets, PJ's etc and disposable plastic cutlery.
RouteLondon to Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2020

13th April 2020 : Gulf Air response

"never fly this airline again"

Not Verified | I was traveling from Paris to Delhi via Bahrain on 17th March. While boarding at Paris,the management said that your flight from Bahrain to Delhi has been cancelled. The management said don't worry we will transfer you to some other airlines. When we reached Bahrain, Gulf Air was helpless,they left us stranded for 18 hours without food and accommodation and they made us wait for 18 hours and then transferred us in GF134 on 18th March next day at 14:15. After that, we were 11 passengers travelling from Paris, out of 11, 9 were given business class upgrade and me and other Indian guy was left out. Asking for my rights is a crime? It was so humiliating, but I'm proud of my identity and I decided I will never fly this airline again.
RouteParis to Delhi via Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very unprofessional service"

Not Verified | London to Kochi via Bahrain. Very unprofessional service. There was shortage of food and I was offered something which I don’t eat. The touch screen of the tv was not working hence could use it.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Bahrain

13th April 2020 : Gulf Air response

"would not fly with them again"

Trip Verified | London to Kochi via Bahrain. The flight from London to Bahrain was alright. However in the second flight form Bahrain to Kochi the plane was very old. Service was rude and food quality poor. Same in the return in the flight from Kochi to Bahrain the plane was very old, clearly outdated. I would not fly with them again, it was scary.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Bahrain

"Lovely business class"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Bangkok with Gulf Air. Lovely business class. As soon as you find your seat, they will greet you with a welcome drink. Chef will take the food order after. Amenity kit, pjs available. Beds not that comfortable though. Overall: kind staff, roomy business class. Would fly with them again.
RouteBahrain to Bangkok

3rd March 2020 : Gulf Air response

"seats are not comfortable"

Trip Verified | Male to Bahrain. The flight is usually very cramped and seats are not comfortable. The main problem we had during our return flight from our honeymoon was that we had been told that we would not be able to sit together as the flight was full (upon booking we were assured the seats would be together). Even though we could see that the two rows behind us were completely empty and not in use at all. Once the flight had taken off the air hostesses were continuously hovering over us trying to get to the overhead cabinets above us (a problem we would not have had had they seated us a row behind), at which point two big baskets had been dropped by one of the staff, directly hitting my head and my husbands phone. She did not once check to see during the flight if I was okay and we did not approach anyone else regarding this until leaving the aircraft so that we wouldn’t have to deal with any hostility or uncomfortable atmosphere for the rest of the 5 hour flight (the hostesses on this flight did not come across as very friendly). We are absolutely appalled with our first experience of gulf air.
AircraftA302NEO
RouteMale to Bahrain

"flight is overloaded"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Delhi. I booked my ticket before one month but when it’s times to fly, Gulf air staff giving reasons that flight is overloaded, there is not space. I had work in Delhi, there was arranged couples of things. If next time I’ll fly with this airline, I have to think many time. Now who’s responsible for this. Who will pay my expense. Even they have not arranged another flight, they were giving options for next day flight.
RouteBahrain to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

22nd January 2020 : Gulf Air response

"thank the team at Paris"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Paris to Bahrain. My review is to thank the team at Paris airport - very welcome helping in each request and solving problems. It was a family trip and really top service. Excellent team. The flight was also very good and excellent crew.
RouteParis to Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2020

5th January 2020 : Gulf Air response

Dear Mr Khamil, Thank you for your review. We were delighted to learn of your experience with us on your recent journey. Please provide us with your flight and contact details and will contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you.