Gulf Air

"a lot of gate changes"

(Palestinian Territories)

Trip Verified | Not recommended if its a transit flight. There is a lot of gate changes, you could miss your flight and they will make you pay for another ticket. Bahrain airport is a small and bad one.
RouteDubai to Bahrain
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not allowed to board the flight"

Trip Verified | London to New Delhi via Bahrain. Highly disappointed. We were not allowed to board the flight inspite of being 55 minutes before departure from London. We did not get any assistance and they said we cannot let you travel. The help desk at the airport also said we have to purchase another ticket from Gulf Air as our return ticket would be canceled if we board some other carrier to India. So we had to purchase another ticket and will travel tomorrow and pay charges for rescheduling and ticket price difference.
RouteLondon to New Delhi via Bahrain
Date FlownNovember 2019

"missed the connecting flight"

Trip Verified | I've flown with them on 25 Sep 2019, when the plane suffered from technical failure. We have to wait on the plane for 2 hours and the gate (another 3 hours). They provided us with sandwiches and beverages (which not enough). Service on the plane was no problem though. We arrived at Bahrain 6 hours late, thus I have missed the connecting flight, at least they gave us a hotel and meals. We forced to stay in Bahrain for 22 hours. They do have a flight to BKK in the morning but didn't relocate the seats to us.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"refused to give me boarding pass"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Amman via Bahrain. We reached the counter at 1 am. First the staff at the counter started asking me why I was going to Jordan and wanted to see my return tickets. I asked them why as neither were they immigration officers nor visa authorities. They refused to give me the boarding pass. My friends who were joining me for the holiday trip (two with US Passport) and 2 of us with Indian passport were subjected to the same questions. They wanted to see all the hotel bookings in Jordan, needed an explanation of why we had not booked the return tickets from Amman. Our travel was to Turkey after Jordan and not back to India. By then another Gulf Air staff said if you go to Jordan you will have to book tickets to and fro by Gulf. I told him no such thing was written in the policies of Visa Jordan or while booking Gulf Air. According to him Jordan visa on arrival can deport many Indians and Gulf airlines have to bring them back. I told him that by sheer chance if Jordan believes in deporting 4 ladies holidaying in Jordan then we have sufficient funds to buy tickets and come back. He also asked us how much money we were carrying? Whether we have a copy of our bank balance. We spent more than 1.5 hours arguing with this staff of Gulf Air, in this era and times. Later we realised that his issue was that he wanted us to book the ticket from Gulf Air. When we reached Jordan, the immigration officials didn't ask all the 4 of us a single question our visas were stamped in seconds.
RouteBangalore to Amman via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I will never fly Gulf Air again"

Trip Verified | After having an amazing discovery of Oman Air, I wanted to try Gulf Air’s business class as it was basically the same aircraft, same type of seats and additionally it had a Sky Chef on board. I was expecting even better service than Oman Air. Gulf Air has the same type of aircraft 787 and same type of seats. The seats are just amazing. Specially the window seats are private suites. This is where the good part ends with Gulf Air experience I had for the 4 business class trips I just completed. First of all no Champagne was served for the welcome drinks which is a standard for any airline on business class. I had to request it. With a strange look on her face, FA did bring me a glass. Then the food order came and I had to inform the sky chef I had ordered a special meal. He didn’t have on his manifesto. No one greeted or mentioned any passenger by name. Almost everyone had special meals and they all got mixed up. Sky Chef plus a purser plus 3 FA for 6 passenger (most of the seats were empty). They couldn’t figure out who and what. There isn’t a wine list. They ask you white or red. Italian or French. I requested Italian red and my partner French red. FA brought one bottle to everyone :)) and served. When I asked for a glass of water (a water glass was on my food tray yet empty) the old purser indicated a bottled water next to my bed. I informed him I rather use it if I wake up during the flight thirsty. He brought me another bottle. worse part comes before the landing. I requested just coffee no breakfast. Same for all other 5 passengers except one. The old male purser informed us that they closed the kitchen (60 min before landing?). Yet he did open a service and served a Bahraini customer. This is when it all went wrong as one passenger demanded breakfast as well. Purser was so rude that he informed us that this passenger was their special guest as he is a frequent traveller. Entertainment is a joke. There is just a few movies, few series - all very old. You must beg to get anything done. I had to demand for a pajamas and mattress for all my flights although this was what they have been advertising. Amenity kit is very cheap. After 4 flights which all had same issues, my advice is to use Oman Air as they also have similar price offers. I will never fly Gulf Air again. Avoid this airline by any means.
RouteDubai to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2019

"We were treated like criminals"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Paris via Bahrain. Extremely unprofessional, incompetent staff. They held my husband up at Bahrain Airport on Sept 14 2018 during our transfer to Paris without giving any reason. There were no immigration or travel document problem or even luggage security. They just held him without telling him any reason. After being held up for about 7 hours at Bahrain Airport, he was cleared to board the next flight to Paris that night. Again, no reason was given when we asked why he was held. We were treated like criminals. They did not show us any official communication mentioning any reason as to why were being held up. We lost an entire day of our trip because of this. I have filed multiple complaints, no adequate response from them. I even emailed their CCO, but got no satisfactory response. They wouldn't tell us the reason and wouldn't respond. Pathetic customer care service. Do not fly with this airline ever.
RouteBengaluru to Paris via Bahrain
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Cabin Crew services has improved"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Bangkok via Bahrain in March 2019(Business Class and was really impressed with their fantastic Boeing 787-9 (Bahrain - Bangkok) , though there were some poor service issues. I compromised it with the marvelous window seat of the B787-9 with the super privacy. Last month when I decided to fly in the same sector, I got a good deal on Gulf Air Business Class, same sector & same aircraft. This time what I noticed much was the Cabin Crew services has improved much better than the earlier flight but the food need to be improved. The Passenger announcement made was with crystal clear voice.
RouteKuwait to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they don't even smile"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | I flew economy class on B787-9 from Manila to Bahrain. The food was delicious though they don't offer you a menu as the variety of meals is low. There is a chance if you don't fly in the B787-9 then you don't get IFE content at all and if IFE is available it has outdated content and they do not update it quite frequently. There is a lack of focus on content and simple things they should do like updating their IFE frequently, Adding more variety of options in food, meals and snacks and making their staff more hospitable as they don't even smile or greet / welcome you upon entering of exiting the aircraft. The B787-9 is new as the seats, the leg-room is plenty as I am a tall male and I could fit my legs comfortably. Although, the support for your back isn't great even with a pillow. You'll feel like there is a lack of padding to support your lower back or maybe I am just very tall.
RouteManila to Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2019

"impressed with Gulf Air flights"

Trip Verified | Paris to Colombo via Bahrain and I was extremely impressed with Gulf Air flights, cabin crew and onboard food and beverage service. Food was very tasty and they have a very good choice of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverage selection. A320-200 flights were pretty old and their entertainment systems were outdated, and on the Colombo sector all Hollywood movies are blocked for some unknown reason. On 787 flights pretty good entertainment system. Cabin crew were very friendly and happy to assist you on your requests, Only complain I have is when landing in night time, they do not dim the cabin lights, this is not a good practice.
AircraftA320-200 / Boeing 787-9
RouteParis to Colombo via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2019

"flight was disappointing"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Kozhikode to Bahrain. I chose to fly Gulf Air business class since it had been many years since I last flew with them. I upgraded my tickets to Business Class to avail the extra baggage and smooth check in services at Bahrain Airport. The flight was disappointing in many ways. There was no Movies available on the Entertainment system, just old TV series that were quite boring. The food was good but nothing outstanding. The seats are old and don't really go all the way back and the food rest is quite hard to pull out. Also they didn't let us board first for some reason.
RouteKozhikode to Bahrain