Gulf Air

“later I get full compensation”

Trip Verified | After late inbound auf der connecting aircraft in Bahrain and a technical issue that had to be fixed I arrived late on my final destination. Airline took very good care of the passengers and a couple of weeks later I get full compensation 600 euros under European law. I am looking forward to my next flight with Gulf Air.
AircraftA321 and Boeing 787
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Gulf Air is the worst airline"

Not Verified | Gulf Air is the worst airline. The plane had an engine down and they insisted to keep us inside it for more than two hours. Then they told us that due to visibility and weather conditions the flight will be delayed until 6.30, though we were supposed to reach our destination at 2.10.
RouteMuscat to Dammam via Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"do not recommend Gulf Air"

(Italy)

Not Verified | One of the worst experiences with an international airline. The ground staff at Bahrain airport were arrogant. One of the worst delays and deboarding experiences of my life. I personally do not recommend Gulf Air to my dear ones.
RouteDelhi to Milan via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"demotivated and disinterested2

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The whole left and side of the economy seat inflight entertainment screen was frozen and not working and the crew have ignored seeing the same. And they still had the audacity to play the safety video on right hand side only instead of performing a manual demo. So whole flight to Mumbai 3 hours there was no tv. Crew was terribly demotivated and disinterested. I even found one crew next to my seat sleeping through out landing.
RouteDoha to Mumbai via Bahrain
Date FlownDecember 2023

“Gulf Air is the worst”

Trip Verified | I travel almost twice a year, on this year and have travelled with many airlines, by far Gulf Air is the worst. Neither does the cabin crew nor the Ground staff pay heed to customers needs, requests or complaints. Mine was round trip from LHR to DEL and DEL to LHR. Both the times I did not get the vegetarian food in spite of filling the special request at the time of check in. On my first trip I was not aware that my need will not be fulfilled so I didn't take the picture but second time, I captured a screenshot as a proof. On both the trips I requested the ground staff as well as cabin crew but they said we have not received the request. The cabin staff on my first trip still better, at least they patiently listened to me but second trip, they didn't even pay heed.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Bahrain

"Worst experience ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | They lost my luggage and don't reply to me. Worst experience ever. I flew in business class and in the arrival I didn't find my luggage. Well, they lost it. The worst part? If you call them they close the call. I basically lost a baggage with 2000$ of clothes inside and they just don't care. Worst experience ever. How is possible in 2023 to run a company like that?
RouteDubai to Bahrain
Date FlownDecember 2023

"given a front extra leg room seat"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Was given a front extra leg room seat which was super comfortable. The cabin crew and ground service for Gulf Air keep getting better. The snack was delicious.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2023

"Gulf wants to be a low budget"

Not Verified | Wanted to arrive in Manila early morning. Gulf would get me there 10.20. Had flown this airline once before (pre covid) so was aware of 9 hour transit in Bahrain on return leg. Previously London bound passengers were taken to nice hotel, given room, breakfast and transport back to airport. Not this time. Nne of the 4 flights had newspapers or an inflight magazine. No alcohol on trolleys, (I was in Economy). Seated at the very back (my request), I did hear one or two ahead of me requesting an alcoholic drink, did not hear the stewards reply, but it was in the negative. On return, at Bahrain, no one to meet us to take us to hotel, no information whatever. Finally found Gulf Air help desk (opposite Gate 18), lady there informed me they no longer gave free hotel, but gave me a food voucher which I could use in one of the fast food outlets, I chose KFC. Fortified by my meal I found a nice bar (like a sports bar with football on TV). Later on decided to pay walk in fee for Gulf lounge (70 $ US for 4 hours), but at least I had some decent food and a few vodka and tonics to help me sleep on the final leg to London. My impression, Gulf wants to be a low budget, no frills airline, but has forgotten to reduce its price accordingly. I was frequent flier pre covid and used Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, and other airlines in the past. Will be using these others for future flights.
RouteLondon to Manila via Bahrain
Date FlownNovember 2023

"missed my connection flight"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | My first flight Tbilisi to Bahrain was delayed as result I missed my connection flight from Bahrain to Manila. I had other connection flight from Manila to Bacolod (by AirAsia) and this ticket burned. Company shifted my flight on 24 hours, so I ve decided to buy a new ticket Manila-Bacolod. When I arrived at airport on next day, I can see that my flight Manama - Manila delayed on 3 hours. As result my second ticket Manila - Bacolod burned. All in all, I ve bought 4 tickets Manila Bacolod (for me and my wife) and I ve reached Manila 27 hours later. My vacation was ruined. I spent additional 500$ on lost 2 vacations days. Wifi and TV doesn't work.
RouteTbilisi to Manila via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2023

“horrible customer service”

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Terrible airline, really bad quality food and above all horrible customer service. When I wanted to change my ticket they quoted me a charge that would be higher than if I just booked a whole new ticket with the same flight, same airline, same seat. Then when I tried to request a refund, they claimed that I would not be able to get a refund as apparently the cancellation charge would exceed the return ticket. Sneaky and pathetic ways of trying to make money which will result in a loss of a potential lifetime customer since I actually am from Bahrain (Gulf Air HQ). I will do my best to avoid ever using them again and the same for all my family and friends.
RouteBahrain to Bangkok via Singapore