Gol Transportes Aéreos

"seemed professional and competent"

Not Verified | Decent flight, on time. Had trouble checking in on app or online with GOL recently due to them switching to a new reservation system. But once you can check in, you can select any open seat, including windows and aisles. No food or drink besides water available on flight, likely due to covid. GOL staff seemed professional and competent.
RouteFoz do Iguaçu to Sao Paulo
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"last time I book a trip with Gol"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | It is already the second time I have to change my trip because Gol has cancelled it, and the third time I have to change a flight with Gol this year. I got an email yesterday saying I have to reschedule my flight, but the link takes me to a page that doesn't let me change the flight. I tried to change the flight in the "My Trips" tab after I login, and I couldn't do it either. I called Gol, but it has been 1 hour that I'm waiting for someone to attend me over the phone. One more problem: On my flight from Sao Paulo to Belem, which was direct, I paid to book a seat. The flight I have now, which has a stopover in Brasilia, I will have to pay extra to book a seat in the second flight. And the same will happen when in the return flight. I think it is very strange that the three direct flights that I book in advance have all been rescheduled to in-direct flights. This will be the last time I book a trip with Gol.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Completely unremarkable experience"

Trip Verified | Completely unremarkable experience. Basic point A to point B travel. Highlight is an outstanding, elegant app. The rest was all ordinary to poor. Cattle car experience boarding with zero social distancing. I had paid for a seat with extra legroom. As far as I could tell it had none and was tiny and a waste of money. Most people in those seats didn't pay for it like I did and were assigned because there were no other seats left. No overhead bin space left for me either, despite paying for it. And for those AA elites who expect benefits based on the recent AA and Gol partnership, you'll be disappointed. There are no discernible benefits. No priority check in, no priority baggage, no priority seating, no lounge. The partnership benefits AA and Gol, who feed each other traffic, but does zero for us. I wouldn't repeat anytime soon as there's nothing particularly redeeming.
RouteFlorianópolis to São Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2021

"We will definitely fly GOL again"

Trip Verified | Fantastic from the beginning. There were two of us traveling and I went through a third party because it was about $40 cheaper. I did have difficulty with the web site but with persistence it worked. All the employees we encountered were absolutely fantastic and took time out to walk us to our gate because of language barrier. We even made a few friends with employees who spoke a little English. We will definitely fly GOL again, never had any difficulties written them and treated us better than US carriers, and we're from the USA. Take a chance and look for the positive.
RouteSao Paulo Congonas to Rio De Janeiro
Date FlownDecember 2020

"service on board is good"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | I have traveled many times with this company and I recommend it in terms of cost benefit, the ground team is attentive and efficient in their work. The service on board is good for a national stretch and because it is a flight that usually lasts between 1 hour and 50 min up to 2 hours, the onboard service has sweet and salty snacks, and soft drinks, juices and water.
RouteCuiaba to Sao Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"would gladly fly with them again"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | San Paulo to Buenos Aires. The flight was good. But I would especially like to mention the ticketing department in Ezeiza airport who helped us all with patience, goodwill and efficiency. We would gladly fly with them again knowing there are people like her to take care of us.
RouteSan Paulo to Buenos Aires
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Regular experience"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | Curitiba to Fortaleza. Regular experience, Standard of service even courteous, but without enthusiasm and merely protocol. Space between seats okay for a 1.76m person. Extremely dirty coffee table. Experiência regular... padrão de atendimento até cortês, mas sem entusiasmo e meramente protocolar. Espaço entre assentos ok para uma pessoa de 1,76m. Mesinha extremamente suja.
RouteCuritiba to Fortaleza
Date FlownDecember 2019

"changed the route twice"

Trip Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever flown. I purchased a round trip non-stop ticket between Rio and Belem. The airline changed the route twice and instead of a non-stop, they added a stop. First in Forteleza and then Brasilia. The agents could not find my locator number because of the two changes. On the return trip, the plane left 30 minutes late and 45 passengers connecting to Rio were left stranded in Brasilia. They put us up in a 2-star hotel and made us get up at 4 am in the morning to catch a 6 am flight. In Brasilia, we were made to stand in line 2 hours to re-book then having already paid for luggage once they wanted to charge us again. Everyone in management of this airline should be fired - a real third world airline !!
RouteBelem to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownNovember 2019

"fly a decent airline"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Brasilia. This was my second Gol flight, for first flight I spent 45 minutes trying to check-in online and the app timed out over and over on the seat selection page. So I tried to check in at a kiosk at the airport and it didn't work either. The flight and in flight service were fine. For my second flight, I didn't bother trying to check-in online and when I got to the airport I discovered I was at the wrong Rio airport (Santos Dumont vice Galeao). I would've realized had I checked in online but because their app sucks I hadn't bothered. So it was kinda my fault (though my ticket just said 'Rio di Janeiro' with no airport code). I asked if I could be put on next flight. They said there was space but it'd cost 1250 reais ($300+). This is how airlines make customers hate them. Gol sucks, in more ways than one. Spend a bit more to fly a decent airline!
RouteRio de Janeiro to Brasilia
Date FlownOctober 2019

"What a terrible experience"

Not Verified | Salvador to João Pessoa. What a terrible experience, from start to finish. The kiosk, which never seems to work on other flights, once again did not work in Salvador. The line we were told to enter, ironically enough called "assist with check-in," provided no assistance at all. It moved at a glacial pace, and there was no one to ask for help. Even though we arrived at the airport two hours before a domestic flight, by the time we arrived at the desk of a most unhelpful check-in "assistant," and again, I use that term advisedly, we were told that we had missed the flight and needed to go to the airline ticket desk to sort things out. Just when you thought a check in assistant could be horrible, well, the airline ticket desk employee must be woefully underpaid, afflicted with a terminal illness, or about to retire. He was of absolutely no help. His solution: call Expedia and get them to buy another ticket for the following day. Hello GOL! We are here on vacation and don't have time to do that. So we wound up having to go to Azul (excellent staff, by the way) and spend 3,224 reis to buy our tickets to Joao Pessoa. Unfortunately we are booked to take another flight with this "airline" in a few days and I already feel nauseous about it. We plan to get to the airport four hours ahead of time just to try and accommodate the chaos, ineptitude, and incompetence. Let the buyer beware: you are making a mistake if you book with this company.
RouteSalvador to João Pessoa