Georgian Airways

Georgian Airways customer review

A failed connection in Vienna meant a FIM from GVA to TBS via CDG with the CDG-TBG on Georgian Airways (AirZena). Transfers at CDG are best avoided and the new security checks on the numerous items of hand baggage meant a delay to what could have been an on time departure. Despite the delay and a 2 1/2 hour scheduled transfer my hold bag did not make the connection. An efficient GA person at TBS handled the matter well and the bag arrived the following day on Lufthansa's flight via Munich. Onboard the best that can be said about the flight attendants is that they are charming. Unfortunately the charm was mostly spent on a couple of travelling friends who hung around the forward galley and chatted for much of the flight. IFE has been abandoned - along with the Chariots of Fire theme tune to the safety briefing thankfully which is now presented in a rather amateur fashion by the crew. The lack of professionalism extended to the safety checks and the service - a full glass of red wine splashing down the aisle due to a lack of attention for example. Food (sourced in Paris) was adequate when it came but there were no hot towels and all drinks required a call rather than a regular service. All flights to western Europe are on 1 of 2 B737-500s or the B737-400. Seats in business class are 2x2 with a reasonable pitch and the cabin was clean. My recommendation is bring your own IFE an apple and your choice of drink shut out the sights and sounds for the 4.5 hour journey and enjoy.

Georgian Airways customer review

CDG-TBS and TBS-AMS. Brezhnev era service and operations with old 737-500's. With simple changes in mind set they could improve a lot. I have heard that they are selling this airline. In the meanwhile when travelling to Georgia I recommend flying BMED Lufthansa Austrian KLM or Turkish.

Georgian Airways customer review

I just flew Georgian Airways (Air Zena) between Vienna and Tbilisi and return to Vienna and was impressed with the service and equipment. I was in a rather new 737 that looked like it was maintained and clean. Even the food was decent a chicken dish that was quite tasty. One thing did concern me and that was during the 3.5 hour flight back to Vienna from Tbilisi the pilot on more than one occasion was milling around on the passenger side of the cockpit and on a number of these occasions the door to the cockpit was open and all of this was within feet of the forward lavatory. The pilot seemed more interested in chatting with the flight attendants then he did with flying the plane. But all in all it was a good experience. My bags arrived in Tbilisi from Vienna which I am told is a feat sometimes.

Georgian Airways customer review

I have used them on six occasions - new and improved! I flew with them some 5 years ago. My what a scare! The plane was very old old enough to have condensation running down the inside of the window. The passengers were smoking and a little too active for being several thousand feet in the air. Now it is 100% better. No they are not like our typical airlines in the states (besides maybe southwest - which I love due to their low prices). But for a very small country who is trying to build their independence I think they are making great strides.

Georgian Airways customer review

I am often flying with Airzena from Vienna and I find the flights quite comfortable and the crew friendly. The food is below average but eatable. But considering 3 hours of flight and price of a ticket (USD 500 to 700 for return ticket) it would have been nice to have a better service more internaitonal choice of newspapers larger variety of drinks offered to passengers (wine is no longer offered to economy class passengers) and better selection of movies during the flight. Looking back at the last five years I was using this airline to fly to Georgia their service has become visibly worse.