Georgian Airways

"crew were very pleasant"

Trip Verified | Check in was late opening and the agent was very unfriendly. However there was no queue. Tbilisi Airport is very easy and quick to navigate through, and Georgian Airways use a third-party lounge (Prime Class) which you see as soon as you get through passport control. The lounge is fantastic. Boarding was very quick, but no priority boarding was offered. The aircraft was changed from an E190 to a CRJ200, which was quite old and rather uncomfortable. The business class seats were European short haul style (ie normal seats), with very little legroom, and even less width. For a 30 minute flight it was fine, but I wouldn't have wanted to spend any longer on it! The service consisted of a pre departure bottle of water, and a drink during the flight. I obviously don't expect a meal on such a short flight but some kind of snack would have been appreciated, but they didn't have anything! The crew were very pleasant and spoke good English. No communication from the pilots however. We left and arrived early. For a short hop I'd have no problem flying Georgian again, though I would think twice before booking a longer trip.
AircraftCRJ200
RouteTbilisi to Yerevan
Date FlownApril 2019

"strive mightily to avoid them"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Tbilisi. I purchases tickets in August, for a November flight. We were arriving from the US to Gatwick, and were to connect same day from Gatwick to Tbilisi. Georgian Air decided sometime (September? October?) to change to a fall schedule, which did not include a monday flight to Tbilisi. Georgian Air never emailed or called. We learned approximately 3 weeks prior to our late November flight, that we would be arriving in London on a Monday, but could not connect to Tbilisi until Wednesday. Georgian Air never 1) attempted to place us on another carrier for same Monday, 2) offered a partial or full reimbursement for the flight or expenses or inconvenience,nor 3) apologized at all. Georgian Air placed me on the Wed flight and said “all is fine, your flight is good for Wed”. This cost me 2 hotel nights in London (not cheap) plus train tickets to/from Gatwick to hotel, plus food for 2 days, AND we missed the business meeting that we were flying to, anyway. For a 5+ hr flight, they rattle around for the first 2 hrs, then wake you more than an hour prior to landing, for no apparent reason, so don't plan on getting to sleep any significant amount. The crew is friendly and seem very competent, but the airline is apparently disorganized and has no idea how to compensate clients when they cost them unbudgeted funds. I may have no options but this airline in the future, but I will strive mightily to avoid them.
AircraftEmbraer
Date FlownNovember 2018

"absolutely shocking"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Tbilisi. Horrific experience. We booked in January for a 50th birthday - Georgian cancelled our return flight with a week's notice. No apology. Refused to rebook us on an alternative carrier despite this being in their T&Cs. Said they could not book us on Baltic Air - even though they have a code share. offered us very slightly over half the total that we had paid as a refund, giving a precise sum that we could expect - so we went ahead and paid more to book a return flight with Baltic ourselves. Georgian then paid only 577 euros out of the over 800 euros that they had said they would pay, and claimed the 800+ was a mistake. How, when 500 was only 1/3 of what we paid originally? They were also exceptionally rude on the outbound flight, refused to serve one of us a meal, no idea why. The food was truly appalling. And the flight was 2 hours late. All in all, absolutely shocking and I would not touch them with a bargepole.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cheap low-cost airline"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Pros - Direct flight from Barcelona to Tbilisi. Competitive prices. Aircraft is comfortable. Cons - Can't choose your meal, No in-flight entertainment. Aircraft is rather small (Embraer 190), yet comfortable. Can't beat direct flights and good prices, other than that it just feels like a cheap low-cost airline, but still my preferred option for my location.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteBarcelona to Tbilisi

"I expected better"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Tbilisi. Not a good airline. Flight was expensive and I expected a better experience on board. There were seat back screens but they weren't on for either of my flights. No meal choice and food was the worst I've ever had on a plane, no fresh ingredients. The only drink was water or alcohol, tea, coffee, lemonade - no juice or other soft drinks. On the plus side, both flights were on time and smooth with good take off and landing. I picked them because the flight was direct, but wish I'd taken an indirect route on a better airline and for much less money.

"Very impressed"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Tbilisi return. First flights on Georgian Airways. Very impressed. Check in at Gatwick and Tbilisi was polite and efficient. Take off from Gatwick on time. Staff efficient but a little austere (probably language barrier). Food was good. Seat was generous with good legroom - especially on way back. Return flight delayed 1 hour but we were informed of this immediately on check in. Staff on the flight back were very good. Good food and drink. It is true there is no inflight entertainment but who really misses this on a 5 hour flight. Read a book! On the return I spent most of the time looking out of the window or dozing. At the height we were at you could see the cities of Romania, Bulgaria, Germany and so on lit up. Very entertaining . Plus clouds illuminated by lightning. I have not seen this from above before.
AircraftEmbracer / 737
Date FlownAugust 2018

"flying was like 25 years ago"

Not Verified | Tiblisi to Gatwick. I've already written one review of Georgian Airways which was submitted prior to my first flight with them but I've now returned from Tbilisi. I'd say that if you want a taste of what flying was like 25 years ago then Georgian is your best bet. There is no IFE, no choice of menu, unsmiling steward/hostess service, and unintelligible safety and pilot announcements. On the plus side leg room is good and both flights were on time but there is nothing special or even average about the service and the airline which would make me recommend them to anyone. The head office service is no better than the cabin service so it took numerous phone calls after arriving in Georgia as well as a one hour visit to their head office to sort out arrangements for alternative inbound flights, as referred to in my first review. No one replied to our emails and FaceBook messages and no one returned any of our calls despite promising to do so.
RouteTiblisi to Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2018

"ignorant customer service"

Not Verified | Four of us were due to to fly Gatwick to Tblisi 30/06 and return 09/07 but on 21/06 they emailed us to tell us that our inbound flight had been cancelled and asking to to contact them urgently about changing our return flight to either 7 or 11/07. We replied to their email 3 or 4 times without reply, we called their London sales agent who couldn't do anything except forward our emails to the Georgian head office but again there was no reply, and we called them in Georgia but either no one answered for up to 30 minutes at a time, or didn't know what to do when they did answer, or said they would call back but never did. I also tried FB messenger and received a reply saying that my message would be passed to the right department but again there was no real reply. Right now one day before departure we don't know if we have been re-booked or what we will have to do about booking more accommodation to match the later return flight. I have never experienced so poor and ignorant customer service from any organisation let alone from an airline. They cancelled our flight but have made it all but impossible to contact them or to help us re book.
RouteGatwick to Tblisi
Date FlownJune 2018

"seat pitch was good"

Trip Verified | Tbilisi to Prague. After having read the reviews, we were expecting the worst, but there was no reason for that. Tbilisi airport is new, clean and easy to navigate. Check-in was swift and although we had a connection on a different airway, with some magic the agent was able to label our luggage through to our final destination. Safety screening and immigration only took a couple of minutes and also boarding was swift and organized. Seat pitch was good and seats comfortable. Flight attendants were friendly. The food was nothing to write home about, but in an era where lots of airlines let you even pay for water, who’s complaining. We did not drink wine as it was still early morning, but the brand they served is good. The further uneventful flight departed and arrives only a couple of minutes after the scheduled time.
AircraftERJ 190
RouteTbilisi to Prague
Date FlownJune 2018

"completely ignoring my messages"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Tbilisi booked for June 2018. It's terrible how they treat their clients. The airline just canceled the flight and do not answer any of my letters for two weeks. I wrote three times on FACEBOOK page - where they promised me to answer my letters but still no answer. I planned the trip for my mother. She has been dreaming about this trip her whole life. That's terrible how they behave with the customer. They're completely ignoring my messages.
RouteKiev to Tbilisi