Garuda Indonesia

"memorable by the outstanding service"

Trip Verified | I recently enjoyed a pleasure flight, and I must say that the service truly stood out as the most remarkable aspect of my journey. It's no surprise that Garuda Indonesia was awarded as The World's Best Cabin Crew. The attentiveness and professionalism of cabin crew made the experience enjoyable and memorable. Starting with the positive aspects, the welcome drink and bottle of water provided on the ground were appreciated. However, including a small sweet treat, such as a piece of candy or some snacks, would have added a delightful touch to the welcome service. On this flight, I requested a seafood meal. The first service commenced approximately 25 minutes after take-off, during which a starter of salmon tart was served. Before the lights were turned out, which was approximately an hour after take-off, the second service began. I received a tuna sandwich as a light snack or an in-between course. One of the cabin crew accidentally offered me a regular meal, and I opted for the chicken pie, resulting in my receiving two snacks. Despite this, it enhanced my dining experience satisfaction. In terms of the meal schedule, I suggest serving a hot meal during the light snack or in-between course service, not just during breakfast or the pre-landing meal. This adjustment would provide passengers with a satisfying dinner option and contribute to a more comfortable journey pace. Approximately halfway through the journey, juice service was provided. Integrating the light snack or in-between course during the juice service, midway through the flight, could better align with passengers' hunger levels and create a more seamless dining experience. About an hour and 50 minutes prior to landing, breakfast or a pre-landing meal was served, which consisted of appetizers and a hot meal. For the appetizer, I received mixed fruit, yogurt, a bread roll accompanied by strawberry jam and butter. For the hot meal, I was served stir-fry noodles with sweet and sour seafood. Overall, my journey with Garuda Indonesia was made truly memorable by the outstanding service and thoughtful meal offerings.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2023

"consistent high level of service"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA823 from Singapore to Jakarta. Check in was in Changi Terminal-3, however the aircraft departed from Terminal-1, therefore there was long walk to change terminals and use the Skytrain. As GA823 flight is an early morning departure check in opened at 05:15am. There was one business class check-in desk open, however I would say that the check-in staff was not very friendly in fact a little abrupt and not your typical Garuda-Indonesia warm service, however I note that Garuda-Indonesia uses a 3rd party service company in Singapore. The boarding gate was at Gate 26 Terminal which is right at the end of the Terminal. Security was reasonable and fast, when it came time for boarding the process was acceptable. The flight itself was good and the cabin crew quite helpful and very friendly. There was three choices food being offered and I chose the omelet, and it was served by tea and soft rolls and was more that acceptable. We arrived in Jakarta ahead of schedule and I was meet at the aircraft door by Garuda premium service team who escorted to the baggage area and through customs and on to my car . Garuda-Indonesia keeps providing a consistent high level of service; however, I would recommend that they speak with their service Company in Singapore to be a little more friendly at the check-in counters.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2023

"baggage was delivered very quickly"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA683 from Sorong to Jakarta. The flight is scheduled for early morning departure and the flight left on time and arrived in Jakarta ahead of schedule. Sorong airport gets quite busy early morning as there are many departures. There are two Garuda check-in desks and the check-in staff we quite friendly. When it came time for boarding the process was organized as they were boarded from both the front and rear of the aircraft. There is a lounge in Sorong that Garuda Business Class passengers can use. The lounge is small and is not operated by Garuda, however the lounge team were quite helpful even though there are limited snacks available, however there was Coffee, Tea, and some soft drinks available. The flight was good and the cabin crew quite helpful and very friendly. I had ordered a special meal, and I was informed I could have the meal anytime I wanted after take-off. The meal and soft drinks available were more than sufficient. We arrived in Jakarta ahead of schedule and I was meet at the aircraft door by Roy from Garuda premium service team who escorted to the baggage area. My baggage was delivered very quickly. Garuda-Indonesia keeps providing a consistent high level of service.
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2023

"made the experience enjoyable"

Trip Verified | The service truly stood out as the most remarkable aspect of my journey. The attentiveness and professionalism of cabin crew made the experience enjoyable and memorable. Upon taking my seat, the crew handed me a warm towel and offered a welcome drink. I chose a glass of champagne. Additionally, a bottle of water and amenity kits were placed on my seat. The first service included a snack (mixed nuts), which I received about 25 minutes after take-off. During the flight, I requested a special seafood meal. The second service (entree) commenced approximately an hour after take-off, consisting of king prawns with vermicelli noodles and mixed veggies. A bread roll and butter were also served on the entree tray. A suggestion for improvement is for Garuda to use pure butter instead of canola spread. The third service (main course) was served around 2 hours after take-off, featuring a hot meal of rice with sweet & sour seafood mix and cap cay. A dessert, mango pudding, was also included on the main course tray. I strongly recommend serving the dessert separately from the main course, while placing the bread on the entree tray and the side dishes on the main course tray. This approach allows passengers to fully savor each dish, enhancing the overall dining experience on your flights. After finishing the main course, a crew member offered me tea/coffee while I enjoyed the dessert. I opted for a cup of tea, which came with a mini chocolate bar. Approximately 2-3 hours before landing, sweet and savory snacks were offered, along with a beverage service. An hour prior to landing, a pre-landing snack and a final beverage service were served. The snack consisted of a salmon & cucumber sandwich with seaweed-flavored chips. Another area for improvement is the amenity kits. The amenity kits included: - A dental kit with a toothbrush and toothpaste. - Earplugs and an eye mask for a good night's sleep. - Plush socks and a cozy, high-quality blanket. - A curated selection of magazines and a tablet loaded with the latest movies and TV shows. Amenity kits that were missing or should have been included: - High-end skincare products, including moisturizer, lip balm, and facial mist. - Dental floss. - A neck pillow that provides excellent support for relaxation. - A stylish pen and notebook for jotting down thoughts. - Noise-Canceling headphones for enjoying in-flight entertainment. - Tissues and wet wipes for convenience.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Denpasar

"flight itself was good"

Trip Verified |   Flew on GA682 from Jakarta to Sorong. The flight is scheduled for departure at 12:10am and is a 4-hour overnight flight. Overall, the check-in, security, and boarding processes were efficient and well organized. I was in the Garuda-Indonesia domestic lounge were there was food, snacks, fruits, Coffee, Tea, and other soft drinks available. The lounge team were also very attentive. The flight itself was good as was the onboard service . The food and refreshments served was more that sufficient for a domestic flight. We arrived in Sorong on schedule and my baggage was delivery very fast so that I was able to go and check in for onward flight. Overall, another satisfying flight on Garuda-Indonesia.
RouteJakarta to Sorong

"outstanding service"

Trip Verified | I flew on Garuda-Indonesia onboard GA089 from Amsterdam to Jakarta on October 1st, 2023. I was picked up from my hotel in Amsterdam by a car provided by Garuda-Indonesia and was dropped off at the VIP Center at Schiphol Airport where I was met by the VIP Team who assisted me with check in and immigration formalities. This is a seamless service and a very good way of avoiding all the long Check-In and Security queues. In the VIP lounge, drinks, snacks, and a full menu was available. When it came time for boarding, I was driven to the aircraft. The flight was slighted delayed due to Air Traffic Control restrictions, which meant we took off approx. 1 hour from the schedule departure time, however we landed in Jakarta only 35 minutes late. After take-off, I was provided with a full à la carte menu. I chose a Crayfish Pate for starters and a main course of Salmon. The meals were very well presented and tasty. The seat was comfortable and when it came time for sleeping a full bedding service was provided, and I ended up having over 6 hours of sleep. When I woke up the cabin crew were available to provide drinks and snacks. I ordered breakfast which was served approx. 2.5 hours prior to landing. However, breakfast could have been served at a time of my choosing. The section and quality of food served throughout the flight was excellent. In the first class cabin the team of Willy Wilman, Rachmawati Prihastuti, Ade Masdiah and Chef Ahmad Fauzi were very attentive throughout the flight and their personal touch and friendliness was much appreciated, therefore I would like to thank them all for the outstanding service afforded to me. Upon arrival in Jakarta, I was met at the aircraft door by Vianda from Garuda Frist Class Team who escorted through immigration, customs and on to a waiting car that was provided by Garuda -Indonesia to take me home. Another excellent long-distance flight on Garuda-Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta

"outstanding service"

Trip Verified | I flew on Garuda-Indonesia on GA088 B777-300-ER from Jakarta to Amsterdam in September 2023. I was picked up from my home by a Garuda-Indonesia driver and dropped off at Terminal-3 where I was greeted by the Garuda First Class Ground team who helped me check in, walk me through immigration and into the VIP lounge. In the first-class lounge, drinks, snacks, and a full pre-boarding menu was available, however I chose fruits only. When it came time for boarding, I was escorted to the aircraft and directly to my seat. After take-off, I was provided with a full à la carte menu. I chose a lite snack as I wanted to get some sleep. The seat and bedding were very comfortable, and the cabin crew were always available to provide drinks and snacks. I order breakfast which was served approx. 3 hours prior to landing. In fact, breakfast could have been served anytime of my choosing. The section and quality of food served for snacks and breakfast was excellent. In the first class cabin the team were very attentive through out the flight and their personal touch was much appreciated and I would like to thank them all for their outstanding service and personnel touch. Upon arrival in Amsterdam, I was met at the plane door by the Schiphol VIP Center team which is part of Garuda Indonesia service. Where I transferred to the VIP lounge to await my connecting flight to London.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"no service of a working screen or wifi"

Trip Verified | The flight from Bali Denpasar to Jakarta was great and good organised. However in the flight from Jakarta to Amsterdam the screen and sound was not working of seat 35A. We switched headset to check if the headset was broken but all headsets gave no sound. So the screen and sound were broken. No movies or music could be watched or listened. We asked the stewardess and after a couple failed restart of the screen we asked if it was possible to change seat. Only one of us could change somewhere else or a person who was a sleep in de first 15 minutes of the flight should be asked to change so we could sit together but they did not want to wake her up. So no indication when she would wake up. After an hour we had to ask if she woke up because of the food round and they said she did not want to change. There was no wifi connection and we paid a lot for the flight and chairs to sit together. With a 13,5 hour flight and no service of a working screen or wifi for this kind of money should at least deserve something in return. We got home safe with baggage but it is not nice that you pay this much without entertainment service which should be included.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBali to Amsterdam via Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"high and consistent level of service"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA-402 Jakarta - Denpasar. Check in was quite fast as it was an early morning flight. After check-in I was then escorted by Mr. Noval to the Garuda lounge. In the lounge breakfast was being served as well tea, coffee, together with juices and other snacks. The Staff in lounge were quite helpful and the lounge is itself was very clean and here was sufficient space to find somewhere to sit. There is a fast free Wi-Fi and log on details are located throughout the lounge. When it came time for boarding Novel escorted me to the gate. The flight itself was an early morning flight and was full. There was full meal service onboard, and I chose the omelette together with tea. The overall food quality and service was quite good. We arrived in Denpasar a little behind schedule however it was not an inconvenience. I was met at the aircraft door by Garuda PSA Team member Mr. Sony who escorted me to the baggage area. I collected my baggage and was on my way within 10 minutes after landing. That is some service. Garuda-Indonesia consistently provides a very high and consistent level of service.
AircraftA330-900
RouteJakarta to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Overall good flight and service"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA 863 Sorong to Jakarta, the flight. The inbound flight was slightly delayed due to bad weather conditions in Sorong, and this had a knock-on effect, however Garuda was able to carry out a fast and safe turn around. The flight was full, and I am amazed how 3 members of the economy cabin team could serve all passengers, however they did very it very efficiently. The cabin crew polite and professional. Overall good flight and service.
RouteSorong to Jakarta