Garuda Indonesia

"allow one more bag with priority"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Sydney departing later today. My parents were flying business class and checked their bags in but were 50kg under the 80kg limit so they took our bags as well. All of our bags were able to be checked in except for one with the priority sticker which doesn't make any sense considering the bags are going on the same plane. The service was poor with the inability to understand our request and allow one more bag to be put with priority so that they all come out at once.
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"choose a different airline "

Trip Verified | London to Denpasar via Medan. The cabin crew were some of the best and you could see why they've won so many awards. We found the A330 quiet compared to a 777. Te Food was good. The IFE was absolutely shocking in terms of TV. Have had better 20 years ago. Would also question the flat bed. Although it is flat it's also angled and thin. Definitely not the comfiest. Would try and choose a different airline next time. When we booked it was direct with 1x2x1 seating but they made us stop and put us in 2x2x2 so wasn't a great start.
AircraftA330 200
RouteLondon to Denpasar via Medan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"service could have been much better"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Sydney. There is a big difference with Garuda depending on the configuration of the aircraft. Unfortunately this flight was the old configuration and was not a true lie flat bed. The IFE on Garuda is never great but this was as poor. Garuda also seem to struggle in Business Class when the flight is full. I have to say that the service on this flight could have been much better. On boarding there was no introduction by the FA, we then had to wait for an hour to get a glass of wine off the crew and this was not replenished without asking. As it was a late flight there was not dinner service and the breakfast. was tasty but service was haphazard. Overall not the best experience in Business Class.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never fly with Garuda again"

Not Verified | The flight to Bali was not too bad but breakfast was pretty ordinary. Our flight home on Sunday 5th January was terrible. The meal was one of the worst we have had I asked for a glass of red wine for my self and white wine for my wife. The wine was given to us in paper cups. Later we asked for a coke and a sprite, again served in a paper cup. The cans were warm and no ice was offered. The seats were uncomfortable. We flew with Garuda the same time back in 2018 and there were no problems then. We fly to Bali the same time every year and have flown with low cost airlines (Airasia, Malindo Air and Batik ) and received better service. We will never fly with Garuda again.
RouteBali to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Seat pitch was very small"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Beijing to Denpasar on 27th December and I do not understand how the airline received 5 stars. The airline used quite old aircraft, 23 years old, as a result it cannot give enough comfort. The cabin interior looked not very fresh and some elements definitely needed to be repaired. For example, there was a hole between an upper panel and a wall, it vibrated during the flight. I was really surprised there was no onboard entertainment system and no USB-socket. Seat pitch was very small and felt like a low-cost airline. My food was very poor and they didn't serve any wine to me.
RouteDenpasar to Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"warm welcome and a smile"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Sorong. Check in was straight forward and quick as was the security. I was escorted from the check-in through to the lounge by the Ms Rosma the Garuda ground support manager and one of her team. When time came for boarding I greeted at the aircraft door with a warm welcome and a smile. We pulled back from the gate a little ahead of schedule, however we had a long taxi ride to the runway. Shortly after take-off the main meal was served. The choice was two Asian rice dishes only with a choice of soft or warm drinks. I opted for a only bread roll. More hot & cold drinks and snacks were served throughout the 3.40 hour flight. 30 minutes prior to landing in Sorong a bread roll was offered together with hot or cold drinks. Throughout the flight the toilets were cleaned and the cabin crew were very attentive through the flight. There were only two cabin crew in the business class section, which was full, however they provided a very good level of service and they were very polite and courteous. We landed in Sorong on schedule, however I had to wait nearly 45 minutes for my baggage.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 NG
RouteJakarta to Sorong

"Another outstanding service"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Jakarta with my family on the 11:45am on GA875. The check in area was very busy, however Mr Kohdai the Garuda ground handling manager was on hand to help and assist. With his help we were checked in very quickly and then escorted through security, immigration and into the lounge. The lounge used by Garuda at Haneda is also used by other airlines, therefore was very busy, however we were able to find a place for us to sit together. The food and drinks available in the lounge was adequate. When time came for boarding the Garuda ground support team were on hand to escort us to the plane. At the plane we were greeted at the door by the cabin crew who provided us with a very warm welcome. They certainly know how to treat their passengers and make you feel very welcome. There was a very good selection of food and drinks available and the quality, presentation and taste was excellent. Although the Cabin was full the Cabin crew kept coming around and offering warm and cold drinks together with snacks. They even went out of their way to help and assist my two children with additional snacks through out the flight. Additionally on the flight Garuda provides free onboard Wi Fi for the total duration of the flight and the speed of connection was quite impressive. Upon arrival in Jakarta we were met at the plane door by the Garuda ground service team who helped me and my family through immigration, baggage collection and directly to the cars provided by Garuda to take us to our accommodation. Another outstanding service from Garuda Cabin Crew and Ground support teams.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteTokyo to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Hopefully it was just a one-off"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Sydney. I used Bid Upgrade to get the business seat in this flight and perhaps that was the reason I felt ignored unlike few previous experience with Garuda when we purchased the business class tickets outright. All the ground experience was fine. On boarding the FA came around offering drinks and taking notes on what the breakfast choice to be. Then I went off sleeping until I heard sounds of plates and cutlery as sign of they were starting serving breakfast. I was not served my breakfast even though I turned my seat upright, FAs just walked pass me back and forth. At first, I thought I should just wait maybe mine will come soon - it did not until we landed. No one asked if I'd like anything to drink, I had to ring the bell to ask for a cup of coffee and it was too late to ask for breakfast then. Once we landed, the FA who took my order came to me and said I was sleeping soundly that she did not want to wake me up hence I skipped breakfast. The fact that I sat there the entire time they served breakfast and kept asking my neighbor passengers what else they'd like felt like an insult to me. Would I fly with Garuda again? Yes, if we are flying to Indonesia, but never use the Big Upgrade anymore. It's such a shame that I have always recommended them before as we have always received great hospitality prior. Hopefully it was just a one-off occasion and not a new trend for Garuda.
RouteJakarta to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"ground service team were so helpful"

Trip Verified | Flew Jakarta to Tokyo Haneda with my family on the 23.40pm on GA874. Garuda had arranged a pick up from my home to the airport and two ground support staff where waiting at check in to assist when we arrived. Check in was very quick and we were then assisted through immigration and into the lounge. When time came for boarding the Ground support team were on hand to help and assist us. The ground service team were so helpful all the way from following up with pick up driver, check in support, assistance through immigration and boarding the flight. The service was exceptional, therefore I would like to thank Rebecca and her team who are really dedicated to ensuring that their passengers are well looked after. As it was over night flight we all went to sleep, however prior to bedding down the cabin crew came around and took our meal section for breakfast. They started serving breakfast approx. 1.5 hours prior to landing. The selection of food was excellent and was very well presented. My young daughter woke up late, however the on board chef prepared some hot food to take away as we had a connecting flight and she could eat in the lounge. We landed in Haneda on schedule and we were met by the Haneda Garuda ground support team who helped and assisted us through immigration and check in for our onward flight. Overall it was a great trip due to the outstanding 5 Star service from the Cabin Crew and Ground support teams.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteJakarta to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownDecember 2019

"decline in their service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. There is a definite decline in their service. The cabin crew looked very jaded and unmotivated, I can tolerate a bit of that as the flight was in the late evening. The announcement was done by a pre-recorded message which in my opinion loses a bit of human touch experience. The food was okay. Nothing special, in fact it's pretty mediocre. They need to improve on a lot of department if they want to maintain those ratings.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG