Garuda Indonesia

“Another delightful flight”

Trip Verified | Flew on GA682 Jakarta - Sorong. Upon entering the check-in area, I was met by the Garuda PSA Team leader Vianda who assisted me with check-in, then escorted me through security and into the domestic lounge. There was both warm and cold snacks available in the lounge as well as hot and cold drinks, the lounge team were very helpful in offering snacks, fruits, and drinks during our stay in the lounge. When it came time for boarding myself and colleagues were escorted to the gate by Ma-uf from Garuda PSA Team and boarding was orderly and the plane doors were closed within 15 minutes of boarding commencement. The flight was just over 3 hours 45 minutes; however, we had a long taxi ride to Terminal one runway, however the aircraft took off with the scheduled time frame. The flight was quite full; however, the cabin crew were quite friendly and provided us with a breakfast menu which was quite filling. The cabin crew came around several times offering top ups of hot, cold drinks and bread rolls. We arrived in Sorong on schedule, however had to wait for approx. 20 minutes to obtain my luggage, early morning is Sorong is always busy as there are several flights that land within minutes of each other. Another delightful flight on Garuda Indonesia.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownFebruary 2024

“ground experience is terrible”

Not Verified | The ground experience is terrible, the Garuda international lounge is dirty. The showers are not cleaned between 2 passengers. The boarding experience is chaotic. Just before boarding the plane we are asked to leave our water bottles at the gate (which does not make any sense as we've already been through security). The cabin crew is unfriendly, the seats and toilets are dirty and the footrest is uncomfortable as it eats your legroom. No comment or excuses from the crew after a 1 hour delay. It seemed to be normal.
AircraftA300-300
RouteJakarta to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"their truly welcoming smile"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA683 Sorong – Jakarta. Check in process was fast as most people had already checked in when I arrived. Garuda Indonesia using a local lounge in Sorong, it is large, however has limited snacks and drinks, however the lounge staff are very helpful. When it came time for boarding it was well controlled and people were boarded based on seat row. The flight itself was just over 3 hours 35 minutes and the cabin crew were quite friendly and attentive. They came around several times to top up the hot and cold drinks. When I arrived in Jakarta I was met by Ika and Yudi from Garuda PSA Team and as were the aircraft parked it was long way from the baggage area, they had arranged a car to take me to the terminal. They then helped me obtain my luggage and escorted me to my car. Thank You Ika and Yuda, very much appreciated. What I really like about Garuda Indonesia is their ground and cabin crews as they never cease to amaze me with their truly welcoming smile, and they go out of their way to be very helpful.
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"Overall, not a bad flight"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA682 Jakarta to Sorong and check in was fast and efficient. I was then escorted through security to the Garuda lounge by Yudi from Garuda PSA Team. As it was a late-night flight the lounge was not that busy, however there were sufficient snacks, food and hot and colds drinks available. Boarding was orderly; however, it seems that Garuda lets people board with quite a lot of hand luggage, and I saw some large size cases as well which I believe should have been checked in as they took up too much space in the overhead storage bins. It was an overnight flight; however, the seats were reasonably comfortable. The cabin crew was efficient and welcoming, after takeoff they came around and offered a small meal and some hot & drinks. Not the best, however sufficient. We landed in Sorong on time and baggage came out very quickly. Overall, not a bad flight.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"was not a recent movie"

Trip Verified | A330 was a really old aircraft. Inflight entertainment is non existent. Movies like Batman, New Years Eve and The Intern were featured. There was not a recent movie and very limited options. Made feedback to the senior crew but she ignored me. Not that good of a service from a 5 star airline.
RouteJakarta to Sydney

“service was excellent”

Trip Verified | Flew on GA407 from Denpasar, Bali to Jakarta. I was met at curbside and was assisted by a Garuda PSA Team member who escorted me to the check in desk and then assisted me through security and onto the Garuda lounge, The lounge is reasonable sized and has good selection of local food, snacks, and soft drinks. When it came time for boarding the Garuda PSA was also on hand to escort me to the aircraft. On boarding I was welcomed by the cabin crew and was directed to my seat. There was two selections of food for the lunch time meal, and I was able to mix and match from the two meals. The service was excellent and with the warm Garuda smile. We arrived in Jakarta slightly ahead of schedule, and I was met at the plane door by Firyal from the Garuda PSA Team who assisted me with baggage collection and escorted me to my car. Thank you, Firyal. The service from check in until receiving my luggage in Jakarta was outstanding.
RouteDenpasar, Bali to Jakarta

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Flew GA402 Jakarta to Denpasar, Bali. The flight was early morning; however, the airport was quite business. At the check in desk, I was assisted by Herbart from Garuda PSA Team who also assisted me though security and into the lounge. When it came time for boarding Herbart was also on hand to assist. The onboard service was excellent and there was a good breakfast selection. I chose the omelet which came with side dishes and condiments. Overall, the meal and drink service was very good. We arrived in Denpasar on schedule, and I was met at the plane door by Davi from the Garuda PSA Team who assisted me with baggage collection and escorted me to my hotel car. Thank you Davi. Another great flight on Garuda Indonesia.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteJakarta to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"lack of lounge access in Tokyo Haneda"

Trip Verified | Flew GA875 Tokyo Haneda to Jakarta. The check in process was quite chaotic as there was only a single desk open for all business class which meant long queues building up. Eventually when I finished the check in process, I was given a voucher to access the TIAT Lounge, however upon entering the lounge I was informed that I would have to wait outside as the lounge was full. Therefore, I decided to use my AMEX Card which allows me access to the SKY lounge. When it came time to board, both Business and Economy class passengers were boarded at the same time, however this did not lead to any delays in boarding. When entering the aircraft, the cabin crew gave a warm welcome. The flight itself was uneventful, however the meals offered were very well prepared and with sufficient portions that I just went with a salad and main course both of which were tasty and well presented. We arrived in Jakarta on schedule and when the aircraft door was opened, I was met by Vianda from the Garuda PSA Team who escorted me through immigration, baggage collect, customs and assisted me in getting a taxi. Thank you very much Vianda. My conclusion is that the onboard flight and ground services in Jakarta were outstanding, however these we let down by the long check in times and lack of lounge access in Tokyo Haneda airport. I note that Garuda uses a local company at Haneda to help with the check in process, however that should not be an excuse.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“Poor communication with passengers”

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Poor communication with passengers regarding issues, digital check in infrastructure broke down resulting in long check in lines lasting hours without sufficient communication with passengers waiting in line. In-flight accommodation and entertainments are sufficient but does not stand out in any way. A mediocre airline at best. Definitely lower than standard for a national airline for such a big country.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"appreciate all the help"

Trip Verified |  Flew GA874 Jakarta to Tokyo Haneda overnight flight. Check in was quite fast and I was then escorted through security, immigration and into the Garuda lounge. This was a great fast-track service. The Garuda lounge was quite comfortable, and there was a very good selection of food, snacks, and drinks available, and the lounge staff were very attentive. When it came time to board, I was assisted by Ryan from the Garuda PSA team who help provide a buggy to take me to the remote area of the airport from where to board the aircraft. At the gate I was allowed to board right away. The Garuda cabin crew gave me a very warm welcome and guided me to my seat. As it was an overnight flight, I tried to get some sleep, however when awoke and went to the toilet, I was met by the cabin crew and Chef Erwin who presented me with a birthday cake. It was a very pleasantly surprised and I really appreciate the effort of the crew to recognize that it was my birthday and to prepare the cake, therefore I would like to thank the business class cabin crew made up of Budi Handoko, Ellyza, Ayu, Zulfa and Chef Erwin who really made my day by proving this small, but significant gesture. I have been flying for over 45 years and many times on my birthday, however this is the first time that this has happened. When it came for breakfast, I was treated with a very good selection of food, and I chose the omelet that was garnished with a good selection of side dishes. Upon arrival in Haneda I was met at the plane door by and escorted through immigration, customs and out to the taxi. I very much appreciate all the help, assistance and especially the birthday cake onboard. Thank you very much Garuda-Indonesia.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo Haneda