Garuda Indonesia

"looked after us very well"

Trip Verified | My family and I Flew on the GA086 from Medan to London Heathrow. We used Garuda on a connecting flight from Jakarta to Medan as the flight schedule had changed at the last minute. We were able to check in all our luggage directly to London. The Check in process at Jakarta Terminal-3 was a pleasant experience and the check in team were most helpful. We were met upon arrival in Medan and were escorted through immigration and into the lounge by the Garuda ground support team. They also escorted us to the London bound aircraft when we were ready to board. The onboard welcome by the cabin crew was 100% genuine and they really look me and my family through out the flight. The food onboard was excellent and there was a good selection of meals to chose from. The Chef and the cabin crew kept coming around offering snacks and drinks after the main meal. The seats were comfortable and we were able to get several hours of sleep even though it is a day flight. The aircraft arrived in London a little a head of schedule and with the help of the Garuda ground support team in London we were through immigration, collected our luggage and cleared customs all within 30 minutes and were on our way to our accommodation. Although we had the inconvenience of having to travel via Medan, however Garuda Indonesia looked after us very well. The free onboard wifi connectivity was good all the way to London.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteJakarta to London via Medan

"Awful ground services"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Sorong to Jakarta. Awful ground staff, rejects my baggage and told me to send my baggage to cargo by myself. Paid another US$30, urged to wait 5 hrs after arrival at CGK, my baggage was dropped in Cargo Terminal and paid another US$10 in CGK. Awful ground services. Flight was okay.
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Nice flight experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Makassar. We got promo price for this ticket in 2018. Helpful check-in staff, Fast check-in, no queue for check-in. Delicious food, great drink choice, the flight attendant are very nice. But, we wait quite long for baggage. Nice flight experience.
AircraftB737-800
RouteJakarta to Makassar
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Service was as expected from Garuda excellent. The Airplane was not the newest (considering it's an 737 you might not want the newest anyway, which luckily are still being grounded world-wide). Legroom was decent for the short haul flight, IFE working nicely with reasonable choices of content, the provided headphones were also quite comfortable and sounded reasonably ok (unlike some cheapo earphones given away by other airlines). Despite the short flying time of 1.5h between Singapore and Jakarta, Garuda provides a full meal service, with two choices to choose from, to my delight. On the way back it even offered the choice of a special dish from Padang, which was created by one of the famous Padang Restaurants in Indonesia. This was quite the highlight. The not-so-good: Windows were dusty somehow (but rest of the cabin were actually quite reasonably clean). And the fact that Garuda lands in Jakarta in Terminal 3 Airport (the older Terminal 2 would be better) - but that is more material for the Airport review.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Great service, great staff"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Makassar via Jakarta. A Trip to back home, Great service, great staff. Smooth take off. good choice of food & drink. Great choice of in-flight entertaiment. Short time of waiting baggage.
RouteSingapore to Makassar via Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they can't do anything"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Xian. This review is about a flight I haven't taken yet, and may not get to take. In May I purchased a direct flight from Denpasar to XI'an for August 5th directly through Garuda's website. Today (July 24), I got an email from Garuda with a table that showed the date of the ticket I booked (the 'old ticket') and the date of my 'new ticket' August 2 - three days different. Nothing else was written in this email, no acknowledgement, no explanation. I called Garuda and talked to three different 'customer service' employees and had nothing resolved, because as each employee admitted they can't do anything. I asked to speak to a manager and was told no one else was working. I was told to go to the airport office. I asked if I would be reimbursed for a car and was told no. I was told I will have to take a code share flight on another airline that is a connecting flight. I paid for a direct flight because I am moving and have luggage. They will not make up the cost difference. They just told me I can cancel my flight and book with another airline.
RouteDenpasar to Xian
Date FlownMay 2019

"gives me a huge legroom"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Garuda from Jakarta to Pontianak used to serve hot meal and choice of drink. But now they only serve snacks inside a bag. No candies offered before take off. But the flight attendant still try to serve the passengers in a professional way. The plane is a B 737-800 NG, but the IFE is getting old fashioned on this 1hr 40 mins flight. Luckily I got hot seat next behind the business class that gives me a huge legroom. With the high price in their domestic routes, I hope Garuda can give more services to their customers. The ground service is so so... the terminal is still the best, but will request you to walk further than in the old terminal.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 NG
RouteJakarta to Pontianak
Date FlownJune 2019

"IFE isn't working on 80 mins flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Jakarta. Was seated on the second last row and the in-flight entertainment system isn't working on this 80 mins flight. I complained to the crew, she said yes the last two rows doesn't have inflight entertainment working and thus will be compensated upon landing. Upon landing we were all lied about the compensation.
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta

"seat and window dirty"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Medan to Jakarta. A small portion of food, not many drink options, just tea, coffee, water and orange juice. The IFE is not updated, basic movie and entertainment selection, freezing for 30 minutes during the flight, the screen was laggy, not responsive, the seat and window was dirty. The flight attendants were helpful and nice.
RouteMedan to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"meal provided quite bad"

Trip Verified | I flew from Amsterdam to Jakarta on 13 June. I bought the ticket last minutes at the airport and the staff were so helpful. It was delayed for about 40 minutes. The cabin crew ware so nice and helpful. The amenities kit is so simple, not like Qatar, Turkish or Oman that the amenity kit looks fancy even in economy. The meal provided also quite bad for 13+ hours of flight. I love the flight because the passengers only around half of the capacity, and there was no one in a row around me. I slept like in business class.
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta