Garuda Indonesia

"lost property in the cabin"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Denpasar. We received good service whilst we were on the plane, but off the plane, it's another matter. I would like to see Garuda taking lost property more seriously. Two of us used Garuda's contact-us page to follow up on some lost property in the cabin. One week later there has been no response despite our email address details being left on the form. Phone calls with Garuda's Denpasar office were difficult and unhelpful regarding lost property. We were passed to multiple people before being brushed off. Currently, Garuda's written policy is to take zero responsibility for cabin items, which in our experience, seems to have rippled through to a lack of regard from staff and process. In an environment where significant fares are paid, passengers are known and seats are numbered, better efforts should be made to track items if they are left behind. It's great to have a diligent cabin crew who made sure we were well fed on the flight. However, we’ve been frustrated by the experience, tracking our lost iPad to a location in West Java with no support from Garuda.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2018

"it was an absolute joy"

Trip Verified | London to Jakarta. I had the pleasure of flying Garuda First Class before they discontinue the London route and it was an absolute joy. The cabin crew were so kind and friendly and the food and comfort on the flight second to none. Upon arrival at Jakarta all first class passengers were escorted through immigration and were seated in a waiting lounge while their bags were collected and delivered to them. Such a great service which I cannot recommend highly enough. Returning from Jakarta to London in Business Class was vastly different to the first class experience and not as good as I have previously experienced. There is evidence of cost cutting both in the amenity kit and also the food used noticeably cheaper ingredients. The service from the cabin crew was lacking compared to my previous trips. On the evidence of this, I doubt if I will bother to use Garuda long haul again as it involves going via Amsterdam and there are plenty of other good choices out there. It's a shame really as over the last few years it has been a pleasure to travel Garuda but all good things come to an end!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLondon to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2018

"like to say a big thank you"

Trip Verified | Flew Garuda Indonesia on GA823 from Singapore to Jakarta. Check-in opened at 05:30am for the 0725am. At check-in it was a little confusing how Dnata the Garuda agent starts the check-in process. I was first in line at the business class check-in lane, however economy class opened first. At the immigration I tried to used the auto gate for clearing immigration, however it did not work so had to go to normal channel, this caused a little delay. I used the Dnata lounge which Garuda uses In Singapore and the lounge and staff are very good and helpful. I had breakfast in the lounge as there was a broad selection of both eastern and western food available. I was assisted from the lounge to the gate by the Garuda ground support staff and the boarding process was orderly. We push back from the gate a little a head of schedule and arrived in Jakarta 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Upon arrival in Jakarta the Garuda ground staff met me at the gate and helped me through immigration and retrieval of my luggage. I had to go to the domestic terminal to meet my family who were traveling on another Garuda flight and the Garuda ground staff were very helpful by escorting me all the way from the International terminal to the domestic terminal. I would like to say a big thank you to both the ground staff in Singapore and Jakarta.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Garuda offered excellent service"

Trip Verified | Garuda offered excellent service from start to finish. Their FA's were welcoming and attentive as soon as you board the aircraft. The Boeing 777ER is comfortable with fully flat beds which is the only way to go on a long leg. Their meals are individually prepared and plated with personalised service to match. However, the recently changed amenity kits (Clarins) compared to the previous L'Occitane kits is a backward step, but no doubt a cost saving. But overall, Garuda offers great value and from our experience and generally depart and arrive on time. Onwards and Upwards. They tick the box!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAmsterdam to Melbourne via Jakarta

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Flew Jakarta to Singapore on GA824. Check in at Jakarta was fast and efficient and I was helped through the process including immigration by the Garuda ground support staff. The selection of food in the lounge was very good. The boarding process was fast and efficient. The flight left the gate ahead of schedule and arrived into Singapore 10 minutes ahead of schedule. The Cabin crew came around and offered 3 different types of meals, however as I had already eaten breakfast in lounge I only took tea. There was Wi-Fi available on the flight, I know that it is a short flight, however the Wi-Fi connection was good. Immigration in Singapore was fast as there were no queues and I had to wait only 3 minutes for my luggage to arrive. Great overall experience and service was excellent. I would also like to thank the Garuda support team for the service they provided me.
AircraftA330-200
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I am thoroughly impressed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Garuda offered very low and attractive price for flying direct to Bali from Hong Kong. Although they used a small 737 for this period of time, I was very satisfied with the service, meals and d4inks on board etc. A generous 40 kg for my ticket, Sky team lounge access in HKG. On board the service was very courteous and efficient. 3 choices of Indonesian inspired menu, a good selection of drinks (must try their coffee). It is well known across the industry that Garuda Indonesia has some of the best flight attendants, and the flight more than proved itself. Arrived at DPS on time, but needed to use bus. I was delighted to see for us J class passengers, we got our own bus, instead of cramming us with the all the others, a very nice touch. Priority luggage were delivered first to. All in all, I am thoroughly impressed.
RouteHong Kong to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"not be using them again"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London. Just returned from my much awaited trip with Garuda in Business class, I was seated at 6A. The lounge in Jakarta is perfectly ok, not like the Middle East carriers and no apparent alcoholic drinks on display but when requested they appear from somewhere. Additionally no diet drinks in fridge but they appear from somewhere when requested. I find this all a bit strange and certainly doesn’t provide any visual improvement to services provided. It does though (in my opinion) present some clear evidence of what’s doing on in the minds of Garuda’s team - not trying too hard are they? Boarding was usual chaotic mess which again is very easily managed if they try hard enough. As someone who usually flies Qatar or Oman Air, the moment I stepped onboard I could see an immediate difference for the worse. They aren’t engaged with you. Seat was fine, but movie selection old and limited. The biggest issue is service - there isn’t any. Not unless it’s the regular points where they come to ask which meals you want. During the 14 hr flight the NEVER came to ask if I wanted anything or if I’d like a drink topped up. I pressed the call button and that made no difference either. I sat with an empty glass for 45mins. I eventually went up and asked directly. They were very reluctant to make eye contact of speak to the customers around me. Finally the onboard purser was worse than useless. He in my opinion may be at the root of the problem. Not one did he speak to anyone on business despite pacing around between 1st and business. Over the last few weeks I’ve sent several messaged through their support forms and you guessed it - no reply at all. Even follow up messages to investigate why I’ve had no reply. In summary I will not be using them again and suggest far better service is achieved by booking one of the Middle East airlines - cheaper too.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to London

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. Normally Check in at Singapore T3 is normally not good as the Dnata check in staff are no so friendly, however this time the check in staff were very friendly and helpful. I used the auto gate for clearing immigration and it was fast and efficient. I then went to the Dnata lounge which Garuda uses. The lounge itself was clean and a there was a broad selection of food and drinks available. Boarding the plane was via a bus as the plane was parked in a remote area, however this was not an issue as the boarding process was orderly. There was a broad selection of breakfast food on board, however as I had already eaten breakfast in the lounge I only had tea. However the cabin crew kept coming around asking if I needed anything else to drink and also offered some snacks. Upon arrival in Jakarta the Garuda ground staff met me at the gate and helped me through immigration and retrieval of my luggage. Another great flight by Garuda Indonesia and I can’t wait to be back on board.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"reasonable selection of breakfast meals"

Trip Verified | Flew Garuda Indonesia on GA824 from Jakarta to Singapore. Check in and immigration was fast and efficient with the help of the Garuda ground staff. The flight left the gate on schedule and arrived in Singapore on time. The on-board service was very good with a reasonable selection of breakfast meals. The cabin crew kept coming around the cabin asking if you needed anything else to drink and/or eat. Upon arrival in Singapore the Garuda ground staff were on hand to help retrieve my luggage and I was on my way to my meeting very quickly. The overall service from boarding in Jakarta to disembarking in Singapore was excellent.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"look at boarding process"

Trip Verified | Makassar to Jakarta. The flight itself was very good and was the service onboard, however the boarding process in Makassar was chaotic to see the least. However once onboard the Cabin Crew took over and the service was very good including the meal serviced. Upon arrival in Jakarta there was the Garuda meet and greet service which is excellent. From getting off the plane, retrieving my luggage and getting a taxi it took only 20 minutes. That is a good service, however I recommend that Garuda looks at the boarding process in Makassar.
RouteMakassar to Jakarta