Garuda Indonesia

"My IFE was always restarting"

Trip Verified | The flight delayed about 30 minutes They take us by bus to get into the plane. At the plane, no hot towel distributed, blanket and pillow was given. Food served about 2 hours after take off. No menu was given. No alcohol drinks offered as they don't carry any alcohol on their trolley. The food consist of salad, bread, pudding, and main course. In the galley, they provide coffee, water, or tea. Snack was a small bag of chips, mixed nuts, and KitKat. No cup noodle or others. 2 hours before landing we were given very sweet mango ice cream, and it was disgusting. My IFE was always restarting when I tried to watch a movie. No sound for my IFE even after I ask the crew and they give me other headphones.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSydney to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"I found entertainment boring"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flight attendant not trained well for business class. Snack and food quality so low. I found entertainment boring with old movies. The headphone socket in my wife's seat broken. Tried to complain to customer service, but they refused to compensate.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"don’t get upgraded to Business"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London. While the flight was not bad (wide seats, good pitch), I am a bit disappointed. I had high expectations, which were not met - at boarding a random cabin bag search took place. Staff was unable to explain why a lighter was not allowed on-board whilst being allowed in the same flight from Heathrow. Staff on-board was medium friendly, and did not seem to understand English very well. IFE was outdated and very limited movies: only about 24 movies, old, and from a limited number of genres. After the whole flight being served only water and juice, I asked for wine during dinner. Staff mentioned there was no wine or spirits available, which I find hard to believe in a flight with 20% occupancy. Unclear why frequent flyers don’t get upgraded to Business Class. In summary, the flight was not bad, but I don’t Think there was much difference compared to 4 star airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to London

"No in flight meal"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Bandung. No in flight meal, only snacks on this 55 mins flight. IFE programs not updated. Dirty, old aircraft. Is it because I was flying economy, or is it because it was domestic flight?
RouteDenpasar to Bandung
Date FlownJuly 2019

"a very positive experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London on 1 June 2019. Check-in and boarding was smooth. The aircraft for the flight was a B777 with a 3-3-3 layout in economy. A blanket and small pillow are available on the seat right when you board. The seats itself are comfortable and the legroom quite spacious for economy. The load for the flight was around 60-70%. Particularly in the very rear cabin there were many empty rows so it's possible to get a row for yourself and lie down. Flight attendants on this flight were attentive and very friendly. The food served was good although not spectacular and it's nice that you can freely go to the galley and grab some chips and other snacks to snack on while you watch films on this long haul day flight. Regarding the IFE, there could really be an upgrade in film choices. There is certainly enough to keep you occupied and enough of an option for everyone but more choices would be an upgrade. Once at Heathrow I found my luggage already at the belt even though it did not take me long at all going through immigration. All in all it was a very positive experience with Garuda.
RouteJakarta to London
Date FlownJune 2019

"not willing to compensate me"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Jakarta in February. The flight staff and the food were pretty good, however Garuda lost my checked in bag. They have not been willing to compensate me nor have they helped me with any type of compensation.
RouteSydney to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Garuda could do with a rethink"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA862 Jakarta to Sorong on June 10th at 12.30am. The boarding gate 24 is located a long way from the lounge area, however there are buggies that are available for anyone to board and they will drop you off at the gate. The boarding process was straight forward as there were two gates one for Business Class and Sky Priority members and the other for Economy. The flight took off a little behind schedule as there was queue for take off ahead of us. The flight itself was ok considering it is a night flight. The cabin crew came around through out the flight offering snacks and drinks, it would have been much better if they had of switched the cabin lights out and aloud us to sleep. The flight landed in Sorong close on schedule time, however it took much longer than usual for my baggage to be delivered for a business class passengers. The service overall from check in at Jakarta to landing in Sorong was good, but Garuda could do with a rethink about switching the cabin lights off after initial meal has been served as that would allow people to get some sleep.
AircraftBoeing 737-800-NG
RouteJakarta to Sorong

"Overall good service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Yogyakarta. Short haul flight from Jakarta to Yogyakarta. Welcomed by the ground staff and cabin crew with a warm smile and greetings. Check in process were quick and nice. The staff informed me that I met the criteria of sitting on emergency exit row seat and asked my wishes. I accept the offer gladly. For your information, the seats have more space than regular. The seat, in-flight entertainment, lavatory and noise cancelling device was clean and nice. Foods were served on a paper bag, it taste was good. The aircraft took off and landed on time, very nice. Overall good service from check in to baggage claim, thank you Garuda.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownMay 2019

"journey was pleasant and memorable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew from Jakarta to Yogyakarta on Business Class. The boarding process was smooth. The plane was parked in a remote area and Business Class passengers were transported from the terminal building with a special car. On board, the crew were very attentive. Their hospitality and warmth was genuine and heart-warming. As I flew in Ramadan (fasting month), the crew asked me if I would like to take my meal out so I could enjoy it for fast-breaking. I said yes and they prepared it nicely. The IFE was good with some updated movies which kept me occupied and entertained throughout the journey. Overall, the journey was a pleasant and memorable one.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownMay 2019

"exceeded even my expectations"

Trip Verified | Flew on the 06:10am GA824 from Jakarta to Singapore. The check in experience was very good considering that it was leading up to local Eid holiday’s. I was escorted from the check area through security and immigration to the Garuda First Class lounge, even though I was on a business class ticket. The lounge as was very good, clean and the staff were very attentive. The Garuda ground support staff then assisted me boarding the plane. The plane pulled back from the gate 5 minutes ahead of schedule and we landed in Singapore over 10 minutes ahead of planned arrival time. I was fasting therefore did not have any food and/or drinks however the onboard cabin crew were excellent and still afforded me attention in relation to hot towels, and a blanket. I was met at the aircraft door by a member of the Garuda Singapore ground staff who assisted me getting through immigration and also in obtaining my luggage. The Garuda teams on the ground and in the air on this Jakarta to Singapore sector exceeded even my expectations.
AircraftBoeing 737-800-NG