Garuda Indonesia

"a sharp decline"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Jakarta to Bali. In the past I was amazed by the development of Garuda Indonesia, but what I saw and felt the quality of Garuda Indonesia airlines experienced a sharp decline. I can feel it when I receive a different quality of service from the previous 2 years such as providing food, ticket prices, and airport services. For me at this time Garuda Indonesia is not worthy of getting a 5-star airline award
AircraftA330-300
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"excel in their service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Jakarta. Garuda Indonesia as always excel in their service, most notably their flight attendants who are helpful, friendly, and really smooth your journey. They are not pushy, but they are really helpful and their smile is genuine. The seats are pretty comfy and the leg space is very good. In-flight entertainment is pretty dated as the movies are pretty old, but they have quite good movie selection. Food in-flight needs some work as the menu is not very good. Water and other beverage is very good, on the other hand. The flight is smooth and good, and the pilot informs well before any turbulence so you won't be shocked in your seat. Timeliness is perfect, the flight arrives on-time, though the baggage service on CGK needs some work.
RouteSeoul to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I'm getting disappointed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Jakarta. More I’m using Garuda Indonesia the more I'm getting disappointed. Airplanes parking is so far from the gate at Osaka. Dirty toilets, broken door to toilet. Price isn’t worth it.
RouteOsaka to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"meal was the one disappointment"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Timika to Nabire. Flight was nearly on time. Aircraft was clean, crew attentive. Inflight meal was the one disappointment, consisting of two tiny, spongy breadrolls and a bag of peas and nuts.
RouteTimika to Nabire
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Warm and friendly staff"

Not Verified | Jogjakarta to Sydney via Denpasar. Terrific service. Warm and friendly staff. We were concerned that we may not be able to sit together as a family of 4 as we booked the flight a day before for an emergency trip but the staff were so kind and accomodating. Good food too.
RouteJogjakarta to Sydney via Denpasar

"Overall good service"

Trip Verified | GA863 from Sorong to Jakarta on the early morning flight. Check in at Sorong was a little chaotic as there are only two queues and quite a few passengers checking in, however the flight took off on schedule. Onboard the cabin crew service was very good, they did offer me a meal, however I chose to go for a few snacks instead. Through out the flight the cabin crew kept coming around offering soft drinks and snacks. Arrival in Jakarta was only slightly behind schedule by a few minutes, however it took my baggage approx. 20 minutes to come out, which really is not bad for a busy time of the morning. Overall good service.
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"such a pleasant journey"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to YogyakartaFlying on Garuda Business Class after nearly missing the flight due to heavy traffic jam in Jakarta was such a relief. The cabin crew was warm and friendly in their welcome, and attentive in their service. The FA spent considerable amount of time conversing with me while being thoughtful as to when to let me rest. The meal served was delicious dimsum with generous portion, large enough that I don't need to have dinner on ground. Aside from partaking, I spent my time watching the IFE which has some new release movies. Overall, it was such a pleasant journey.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Another great service by Garuda"

Trip Verified | Flew late evening flight from Singapore to Jakarta. I had connected from another international flight, however I was met by Garuda ground staff and taken to their lounge. The lounge that is used by Garuda in Singapore is a shared lounge, however they have a good selection of hot food, snacks and drinks. When it came time for boarding the Garuda ground support staff came and escorted me to the plane. The onboard service was very good as there was a reasonable selection of food to choose from. After the meal service the cabin crew kept coming around offering snacks and drinks. Upon arrival in Jakarta I was met by Garuda ground support team who escorted me through immigration. My baggage came out very quickly and the ground support team escorted through customs and to me all the way to my taxi. Another great service by Garuda.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2019

"staff, planes etc are very reliable"

Trip Verified | We have flown with Garuda from Melbourne to Bali for the past 12 years. Twice a year over the past 5 years. the staff, planes etc are very reliable. But the videos shown on board did not seem updated since July 2018.
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seat width to be inadequate"

Trip Verified | Denpasar-Bali to Perth, Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Same aircraft type when we left PER which prior to departure we had read online customer reviews saying Garuda had replaced the larger aircraft with the smaller B737-800, with 3-3 seating configuration. We were hoping this may have changed by the time our holidays commenced, however, that was not the case! We found the seat width to be inadequate especially when myself and other two passengers have broad shoulders. Very tight squeeze for the 3.hrs 25 mins to DPS. On return flight, air conditioning was not working so not only was it a tight squeeze home but very uncomfortable with the heat, many people complaining but nothing was done. Drinks and food was served with delay adding to the frustration that the cabin getting warmer, people getting hot. Ok food selection for flight out of PER but disappointing on the return leg. Options were chicken or fish, by the time it reached row 19 the chicken had been depleted, the air hostess saying they only stock 20% chicken and the rest fish. I expect more comfortable seating and better service to match what they claim to be a 5-star airline. Please consider going with another airline as Garuda has dropped their game!
RouteDenpasar-Bali to Perth