Garuda Indonesia

"Overall good service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Yogyakarta. Short haul flight from Jakarta to Yogyakarta. Welcomed by the ground staff and cabin crew with a warm smile and greetings. Check in process were quick and nice. The staff informed me that I met the criteria of sitting on emergency exit row seat and asked my wishes. I accept the offer gladly. For your information, the seats have more space than regular. The seat, in-flight entertainment, lavatory and noise cancelling device was clean and nice. Foods were served on a paper bag, it taste was good. The aircraft took off and landed on time, very nice. Overall good service from check in to baggage claim, thank you Garuda.
Date FlownMay 2019

"journey was pleasant and memorable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew from Jakarta to Yogyakarta on Business Class. The boarding process was smooth. The plane was parked in a remote area and Business Class passengers were transported from the terminal building with a special car. On board, the crew were very attentive. Their hospitality and warmth was genuine and heart-warming. As I flew in Ramadan (fasting month), the crew asked me if I would like to take my meal out so I could enjoy it for fast-breaking. I said yes and they prepared it nicely. The IFE was good with some updated movies which kept me occupied and entertained throughout the journey. Overall, the journey was a pleasant and memorable one.
Date FlownMay 2019

"exceeded even my expectations"

Trip Verified | Flew on the 06:10am GA824 from Jakarta to Singapore. The check in experience was very good considering that it was leading up to local Eid holiday’s. I was escorted from the check area through security and immigration to the Garuda First Class lounge, even though I was on a business class ticket. The lounge as was very good, clean and the staff were very attentive. The Garuda ground support staff then assisted me boarding the plane. The plane pulled back from the gate 5 minutes ahead of schedule and we landed in Singapore over 10 minutes ahead of planned arrival time. I was fasting therefore did not have any food and/or drinks however the onboard cabin crew were excellent and still afforded me attention in relation to hot towels, and a blanket. I was met at the aircraft door by a member of the Garuda Singapore ground staff who assisted me getting through immigration and also in obtaining my luggage. The Garuda teams on the ground and in the air on this Jakarta to Singapore sector exceeded even my expectations.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"onboard service was very good"

Trip Verified | Sorong to Jakarta on GA863 on May 31st on 08:25am Flight. Priority Check in was pretty fast and the check in team were very friendly and helpful. The flight departed Sorong on schedule and arrived in Jakarta on schedule. The onboard service was very good and the cabin staff were very friendly and attentive through out the flight. Upon arrival in Jakarta I was met by the Garuda ground support team who escorted me through to the luggage area and help to luggage retrieval. Great help and I would like thank you to the ground support team.
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2019

"cabin crew was so friendly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The cabin crew was so friendly. They always checked on me. However, the seat was broken. It can not be adjusted. I was waiting for 30 minutes to get my boarding pass printed. Because, I upgraded from economy class to business class, and it didn’t update on their system.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 NG
RoutePalembang to Jakarta

"Overall good service"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA862 Jakarta to Sorong on May 17th @12:30am. The boarding gate is located a long way from the lounge area, however there are buggies available for anyone to board and they drop you off at the gate. The boarding process was orderly and there two gates one for Sky Priority members and the other for Economy. The flight itself was good and the cabin crew were most helpful and went out of their way to provide me with a sandwich. The cabin crew also came around through out the flight even though it was a night flight with snacks and drinks. The flight landed in Sorong on schedule and baggage was delivered very fast after landing. Overall good service from check in to landing in Sorong.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownMay 2019

"experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA087 London to Jakarta via Denpasar. The flight was delayed departing London by over 1 hour due to air traffic congestion. After take off I was able to get a good sleep as the seats are very comfortable and fold flat. When I awoke I had the cabin crew offering meals and drinks. The cabin crew inflight service was excellent and they were always on hand to help and assist. As we were delayed leaving London this meant that I might miss my connecting flight to Jakarta, however on arrival in Denpasar, Bali Garuda had one of their ground staff meet me at the aircraft door and escort me all the way through immigration, customs and check in for the Jakarta flight. Without her help I think would not have been able to make the connection and I am very thankful to her and the Garuda team for their help. With the exception of the delay from London, which was not Garuda’s fault the overall experience was very good experience was very good.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteLondon to Jakarta via Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2019

"very good flight experience!"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | So first of all Garuda Indonesia departure gate was in Terminal 3 which is a plus rather than departing from the other terminal(1 &2). Welcomed by the cabin crew with a warm smile and greetings, Candy and Newspaper were provided. So, unfortunately I sat in the middle because apparently the window seats are all full. The seats were comfortable and also you have extra legroom. They have inflight entertainment system and its decently nice although the screen isn't really responsive (you need to press a bit harder/ it might take time to load). There are good selection of movies and tv shows and also many more. I ended up watching some movies however, i noticed that i didn't have a headphone so i ask the flight attendants to bring me one. Snacks (ts only a 40 minute flight) they serve was quiet nice as well which consist of bun, cake, and brownie and also a towel) There's also many choices for the drink. After approximately 40 minutes flight, we finally arrived in yogyakarta. Overall a very good flight experience!
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
Date FlownApril 2019

"they really look after you"

Trip Verified | Flew on the GA086 from Jakarta to London Heathrow. The aircraft pulled back from the gate on time and arrived in London on schedule. Check in at Jakarta Terminal-3 was a very pleasant experience and the check in team were most helpful. I was also escorted through immigration and into the lounge by Garuda ground support team. They also escorted me to the aircraft when we were ready to board. The onboard welcome by the cabin crew is 100% genuine and they really look after you through out the flight. The food onboard was very good and they was a good selection of meals. The Chef and the cabin crew kept coming around and offering snacks and drinks after the main meal. The seats were comfortable and I was able to get several hours of sleep. The wi-fi onboard was very good with good download speeds all the way to London. Great ground support and in flight service and I would like to say thank you to all on the GA086 on April 27th.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteJakarta to London
Date FlownApril 2019

"should be offering better service"

Trip Verified | Flew Sorong to Jakarta on GA863 on April 20th @08:25am Flight. Priority Check in was not available and the check in lady on the Economy class was overwhelmed to check in all passengers within the time allotted, however she tried her best to accommodate all. The business lounge is not what I would describe as a business class lounge as it is used by general public for a fee. The flight departed Sorong on schedule and arrived in Jakarta on schedule. The On board service was ok, however there was only two selections of food being served and none of these were western. I find this hard to comprehend as over 85% of the business class passengers on the flight were westerners. The cabin crew tried to serve the best they could and did come around several times of snacks, however for the fares being charged for this sector I think Garuda Indonesia should be offering a much better service.
RouteSorong to Jakarta