Garuda Indonesia

"the service was great"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Jakarta, the service was great, the flight was on schedule, and the aircraft was clean. However, the frequent flyer program (GarudaMiles) is one of the worst frequent flyer program that I ever encountered. They rely on the customer to checking the system to ensure that it run as it is eg. they put the blame on their customer when the millage does not go through despite it was clearly written on their customer boarding passes and mileage claiming process could take up to 2 weeks. With a very limited and outdated movies available on their in-flight entertainment and average food and beverages.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Jakarta

"service was very good"

Trip Verified | Flew with my family of 5 from Tokyo to Jakarta via Denpasar with Garuda Indonesia on December 26th and the service from check-in at Narita and disembarking in Jakarta was very good. The check-in team in Narita were very helpful, however they did manage to get my booked and confirmed seats mixed up and we ended up sitting in seats that were not the ones that we originally booked and confirmed. Apart from this mishap the overall experience was quite good. The Garuda ground support team in Denpasar Bali were most helpful and got all 5 of my family from the International arrival’s terminal to the domestic departures terminal very quickly including clearing immigration and customs. In the lounge the ground support team were most helpful and brought my children some great snacks as we waited for our connecting flight to Jakarta. The flight to Jakarta was slightly delayed, however the ground support team did everything possible to keep us updated on the revised departure time. Upon arrival in Jakarta the Garuda ground support team were on hand to help and assist us getting our luggage and getting us on the road home. Overall a great service both on ground and in the air from Garuda Indonesia from Check-in at Narita, Tokyo to in Jakarta via Denpasar.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteTokyo to Jakarta via Denpasar

"was a joy to stay"

Trip Verified | Again Garuda showed they take their 5 stars seriously and not for granted. Great seats in economy class, clean cabin, and their legendary service by worlds best cabin crew. It was a joy to stay for appx 15 hours a board on the non stop flight from Jakarta to Amsterdam.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam

"service was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Flew with my family from Jakarta to Narita, Tokyo via Denpasar with Garuda Indonesia and the service from check-in at Jakarta and disembarking in Narita, Tokyo was exceptional. Garuda ground support team even called me prior to us leaving home to ask the approx. time that we would be arriving at the airport so that they would have someone waiting to help us with our luggage. Check-in all the way to Narita was very fast and efficient. The Lounge in Jakarta was busy was expected as Christmas holiday time, however they were seats available. On arrival in Denpasar Garuda ground support team were on hand to escort us from the domestic terminal to the international terminal and through immigration and they then took us to the lounge. The Garuda ground support teams, in Jakarta, Denpasar and Narita are a credit to Garuda Indonesia as they are dedicated to their passenger’s and nothing is any bother to them. Our flight from Denpasar to Narita flight was scheduled to take off at 12:20am and we boarded well in advance and will two young children this helped them get ready for some sleep. The cabin crew were outstanding to my family overall and went out of their way to help and accommodate my young children food needs even though I did not pre-book any special meals. Overall an exceptional service from Garuda Indonesia from Check-in at Jakarta through to disembarking in Narita, Tokyo.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJakarta to Tokyo via Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Garuda trying to save money"

Trip Verified | Flew Jakarta to Sorong on the night flight. When I went to the business lounge I found that there was no NON sugar soft drinks and/or western food available so I had to go out to a local food outlet within the airport and purchase. The same on the aircraft there was no non sugar soft drinks nor was there sparking water. There was only two selections of food being served and none were western. I find this hard to comprehend as over 70% of the business class passengers were westerners. If Garuda do not serve western food on domestic flights and/or want to service non sugar drinks, then they should inform their passengers so that we can bring our own snacks. I can only assume that Garuda are trying to save money as on their international flights they have an excellent service and a very good selection of food and drinks.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteJakarta to Sorong

"Excellent service"

Trip Verified | Flew Jakarta to Singapore on the first flight 06:10am. There was sufficient staff available at check in to ensure there was no queues. I was then escorted to the lounge were there was a good selection of food and drinks. The Garuda ground support staff came and collected me when it was time for boarding. The flight to Singapore took off on schedule and we arrive in Singapore and on the gate on schedule. The onboard service was good as was the selection of breakfast food. From leaving the aircraft, passing through immigration and collecting my luggage it took only 15 minutes. Excellent service. Thank you Garuda.
AircraftA330-200
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"the crew is the best"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Denpasar via Jakarta in 2017. After flying with 10 different airlines this year, Garuda is the best! The food on board is the best I got on all the airlines I've flown with, the crew is the best I've flown with. And the aircraft are modern and new. I had a fast transfer on Jakarta, because of a one hour delay in Amsterdam I missed the transfer. The crew took us with them and gave us new boarding passes. The next flight was only one hour later. Great service!
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteAmsterdam to Denpasar via Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Many things went well"

Not Verified | Jakarta to Amsterdam. Many things went well - on time departure, a pleasant flight,food on board so so and not crowded this time. The seat reservation is expensive, getting my airmiles is a very painful task: the site is programmed to fail. I bought onboard wifi for US$25, but the speed was less than 0,5kB/sec and a waste of money.
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2018

"A short but pleasant flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Yogyakarta. A short but pleasant flight. Even though it is just a short flight, all of the services expected from a full fledged carrier is being given. Meal is not given because it is short distance, but light snacks and drinks are still given. All of the flight attendants are really pleasant, and all of the niceties is present even though it is just a short flight. The landing on the other hand is a bit rougher than usual Garuda Indonesia's flight.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Everything was great"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Semarang to Surabaya. Everything was great, from check in, the staff was very friendly. The airline Business class seating was 2-2. The stewardess are helpful when I can't fit my stuff in the compartment, the food was great for 50 minutes flight, and the seat was comfortable. Love to fly with them in Business again with middle price but high facility.
AircraftCRJ 1000