Garuda Indonesia

"drinks and breakfast were fine"

Trip Verified | Bali to Melbourne. I enjoyed the flight. The late night snack could have been better. But the drinks and breakfast were fine, as were the flight attendants and IFE. There was a slight delay in departure, but it was no big deal. It's a pity they charge such an exorbitant price to select our own seat. Also, no matter how good the international service of Garuda is, the flights within Indonesia are poor with may flight change, delays and cancellations .
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"flight changed at last minute."

Trip Verified | Lombok to Sumbawa. Unfortunately, yet again my flight was changed at the last minute. From 12:40 to early in the morning! I was lucky I was able to check the internet and my travel agent was able to contact me. Otherwise I would have wasted a whole day. It is frustrating spending my whole holiday wondering if Garuda will decide to fly or not! They really must improve their internal service. At least the staff were friendly.
RouteLombok to Sumbawa
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the times kept on changing"

Trip Verified | Bali to Lombok. Unfortunately the times kept on changing over and over for this flight. What should have been a short connection from my Melbourne to Bali flight meant a wait all afternoon. I was lucky I was able to be shown around Denpasar by a travel agent. This is not acceptable for what is supposed to be a full service star airline. On the plus side the service was good and the refreshments were quite tasty.
RouteBali to Lombok
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"It was a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Bali. It was a pleasant flight. Good service, friendly staff, very tasty food. The IFE was quite good as well. Food was offered 3 times. Drinks and snacks, lunch and drinks and ice cream and drinks. My only complaint is the enormous fee for selecting a seat. Also, because my connecting flight to Lombok from Bali kept changing I had to wait all afternoon for my connecting flight. I was lucky a travel agent was able to show me around Denpasar for the afternoon.
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"cabin crew are very friendly"

Trip Verified | Flew GA 087 London to Jakarta via Denpasar. Garuda Indonesia has now moved to Terminal-4 at Heathrow and the check-in area is much better than that of Terminal-3, which they previously used. The check-in process was fast and efficient as was clearing the security process by going through Fast track. Garuda are now using the SKY PRIORITY Lounge in Terminal-4 and this is much better as there is loads of space and a very good selection of hot and cold food and drink. The boarding gate was vey close to the lounge and the boarding process was well controlled. As it was a night flight I was able to get between 5~6 hours sleep. The cabin crew when I awoke were on hand to offer food and drinks and nothing was any problem for them. The cabin crew are very friendly and are really happy to show you Indonesian hospitality at its best. As we had to clear immigration and customs Denpasar this can take a little bit of time, however with the help of Garuda ground staff I was able to clear immigration, customs and check-in for my Jakarta flight within 25 minutes. It is a long flight from London to Jakarta via Denpasar, but Garuda ground staff make the process seamless. I would like to thank the Garuda ground staff in London, Denpasar and Jakarta for their help and assistance as they really make a big difference.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteLondon to Jakarta via Denpasar
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Overall excellent flight"

Trip Verified | Flew GA086 Jakarta to London. This flight was relaunched in December 2018 in a two class configuration i.e. Business Class and Economy only. The Garuda check-in and ground support team were very helpful and I was through to the lounge within 5 minutes and that included going security and immigration. The service onboard was excellent as the cabin crew kept coming around and offering snacks and drinks. There was a very good selection of food offered through out the flight and the cabin crew were always at hand to help. We arrived into London slightly behind schedule due to strong head winds and bad weather at Heathrow, however the crew had us of the plane very quickly and the baggage arrived within 10 minutes. This was exceptional considering Heathrow is renowned baggage always taking its time to come out. I bought Wi-Fi connection for the duration of the flight and the connection was very good with good download speeds. Overall excellent flight and great service all the way from check-in through to baggage collection in London.
AircraftBoeing 777-300-ER
RouteJakarta to London

"Staff were attentive"

Not Verified | Singapore to Bali with Garuda Indonesia. Short haul flight was great due to fairly empty plane. Staff were attentive and allowed for passengers to spread out into the free seats. It was great that inflight entertainment & headphones were provided on a short haul flight.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"One of the best in the world"

Trip Verified | Perth to Denpasar. I have been flying wirh Garuda Indonesia numerous time to Bali and Jakarta, at least twice a year. Always on time. The service was great and staff were friendly with a smile. The food were ok. Cabin was clean and spacious. Entertainment was good. All flights were smooth - take offs and landing. One of the best in the world.
RoutePerth to Denpasar

"a really good flight"

Trip Verified | Flew with Garuda from Melbourne to Surabaya with a stop in Jakarta. The trip started with early check-in time, arrived at the airport three hours before departure time (4:30 AM), Check-in and immigration was a breeze and went smoothly, our flight was slightly delayed. We boarded with really friendly and warm staff, arrived at the seat and a pillow and blanket were waiting. The safety video was really entertaining and we departed on time. After departure we were served breakfast, there were two choices, Omellete or Fried rice, I chose the fried rice, which was really tasty. The IFE on Garuda could have better options, there was a very limited choice but what they offered was still pretty good. Before landing, we were served another full meal, which shocked me, I had beef and rice with Guava juice. We landed late, but smoothly. Surprisingly the crew handed me a Fast track card since I was connecting on a domestic flight and would have to past immigration, I was shocked that the crew gave it. At Jakarta T3 the transit was really smooth and nice, the terminal was really beautiful. Boarding started on time and we made the transfer, boarded with really friendly staff, Take off on time and service soon started. On this short flight, we were handed a snack box which included a sandwich, water & mango pudding, we also had a choice of drinks, I chose Guava juice which was nice and refreshing, an IFE was provided on this 737. Landed on time in Juanda. Overall a really good flight with warm Indonesian Hospitality, truly a 5 star airline.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 737-800NG
RouteMelbourne to Surabaya via Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the service was great"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Jakarta, the service was great, the flight was on schedule, and the aircraft was clean. However, the frequent flyer program (GarudaMiles) is one of the worst frequent flyer program that I ever encountered. They rely on the customer to checking the system to ensure that it run as it is eg. they put the blame on their customer when the millage does not go through despite it was clearly written on their customer boarding passes and mileage claiming process could take up to 2 weeks. With a very limited and outdated movies available on their in-flight entertainment and average food and beverages.
AircraftA330-300