Garuda Indonesia

"Another great service by Garuda"

Trip Verified | Flew late evening flight from Singapore to Jakarta. I had connected from another international flight, however I was met by Garuda ground staff and taken to their lounge. The lounge that is used by Garuda in Singapore is a shared lounge, however they have a good selection of hot food, snacks and drinks. When it came time for boarding the Garuda ground support staff came and escorted me to the plane. The onboard service was very good as there was a reasonable selection of food to choose from. After the meal service the cabin crew kept coming around offering snacks and drinks. Upon arrival in Jakarta I was met by Garuda ground support team who escorted me through immigration. My baggage came out very quickly and the ground support team escorted through customs and to me all the way to my taxi. Another great service by Garuda.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownOctober 2019

"staff, planes etc are very reliable"

Trip Verified | We have flown with Garuda from Melbourne to Bali for the past 12 years. Twice a year over the past 5 years. the staff, planes etc are very reliable. But the videos shown on board did not seem updated since July 2018.
RouteBali to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seat width to be inadequate"

Trip Verified | Denpasar-Bali to Perth, Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Same aircraft type when we left PER which prior to departure we had read online customer reviews saying Garuda had replaced the larger aircraft with the smaller B737-800, with 3-3 seating configuration. We were hoping this may have changed by the time our holidays commenced, however, that was not the case! We found the seat width to be inadequate especially when myself and other two passengers have broad shoulders. Very tight squeeze for the 3.hrs 25 mins to DPS. On return flight, air conditioning was not working so not only was it a tight squeeze home but very uncomfortable with the heat, many people complaining but nothing was done. Drinks and food was served with delay adding to the frustration that the cabin getting warmer, people getting hot. Ok food selection for flight out of PER but disappointing on the return leg. Options were chicken or fish, by the time it reached row 19 the chicken had been depleted, the air hostess saying they only stock 20% chicken and the rest fish. I expect more comfortable seating and better service to match what they claim to be a 5-star airline. Please consider going with another airline as Garuda has dropped their game!
RouteDenpasar-Bali to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it was a pleasant journey"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kupang via Jakarta onboard GA829 and GA448. The check-in as well as the boarding process was smooth and the staff was efficient and helpful. The cabin crew for both flight were nice and kind. For the in flight entertainment, the touch screen was responsive but quite slow and the movie content was not so up-to-date. The food was okay. Both flights arrived on time and there was no delay in the luggage as well. Overall, it was a pleasant journey.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteSingapore to Kupang via Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"definitely fly Garuda again"

Trip Verified | We have heard good things about Garuda Indonesia which is why we chose them for our first return trip to Bali in October 2019. They really are an excellent airline; even the economy seats have good legroom and pitch and the IFE is adequate although there are some very outdated movies and a small selection of various TV shows. However, for a short flight such as Melbourne to Denpasar, one movie would usually suffice. Everything has been thought of, blankets, sleep masks etc and the FAs move effortlessly around the aircraft with drinks and snacks regularly and the main meals are hot and tasty; usually consisting of chicken or fish. The only criticism I would have would be is that there are several long winded flight deck announcements made in Indonesian but very brief annoucments made in English so you don't really get much information which I found a little odd, especially returning to Melbourne when the plane was 99% full of English speakers. I do respect the fact it is an Indonesian owned plane but that needs to be reviewed. Overall, definitely fly Garuda again.
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne

"I complained to Garuda"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth on 20th October. It was 60 - 90 mins after departure that we were offered a drink, that is too long. The drink was offered was with the meal service (don't know if they were short staffed), nothing offered on boarding in economy. By row 6 they had run out of meal choices (usually only 2) so it was fish or fish. They had run out of cool drink. My leg room was a joke and in the middle seat. Very crowded buses between terminal and plane. On the flight to Bali a larger jet was used, seating far better, bottled water offered on boarding etc. Meals are very average. The entertainment experience is the same as on the smaller plane - woeful. I complained directly to Garuda and got the standard sorry routine. Not good enough.
RouteDenpasar to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2019

"food was unpalatable for me"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Amsterdam via Medan. Deeply disappointed. Old (5.9 years) worn-out A330-200, seats colored with a shade of brown. Squeaky and many monitors don't work. Which does not matter since they have like 5 okayish movies on their flights and the rest was trash for me. We had 2.5 weeks between our flights and there were no new movies in this time. The food was unpalatable for me. Indonesian food is ok but not to my liking. You have to call the airline and wait 30 minutes to order special meals. They ran out of wine and snacks halfway the flight. Crew barely speaks English to me. Trying to upgrade to business was a joke. We experienced a lot of frustration on this flight.
RouteDenpasar to Amsterdam via Medan

"Now 48 is the last row"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Lombok, this 45 min flight had rescheduled departure, just found out at the airport, 15 minutes later. I like to sit at the last row of this aircraft which is 46, for years. Today on the aircraft i figured out that they added two extra rows of seats. Now 48 is the last row. I was unpleasantly surprised to find it on on board. GA did not communicate this way with their loyal passengers. My knee touch the front seat as the seat pitch has declined.
RouteDenpasar to Lombok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Disappointed with the service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jogjakarta. Boarded this morning through gate 13 at terminal 3, two airplanes flying to different destinations were utilizing this gate simultaneously. Queue lines were not clearly labelled, staff asked passengers who have queued up to re-queue as they were lining up in the business class lane. Insufficient and narrow legroom. Subpar snack for this 70 mins domestic flight. We were given bread and a small bottled water. Disappointed with the service.
RouteJakarta to Jogjakarta

"Never trust these guys"

Not Verified | Perth to Amsterdam via Jakarta. Didn’t even get to fly with them as they cancelled our entire flight plan. We had booked Perth to Amsterdam business return for our family. We had booked all accommodation and car rental to be told that the flights had changed to an 8hr Jakarta and 8hr Sumatra layover totalling a 44hr trip. So we’ve obviously had to cancel and quickly find an alternative airline 8 weeks out. As you can imagine now rates are through the roof and economy is 75% of what we could have paid for business had we gone a more reputable airline when we originally booked. Never trust these guys
RoutePerth to Amsterdam via Jakarta