Garuda Indonesia

"competence and friendliness at its best"

Trip Verified | From boarding to getting off, just fantastic! Our flight from Singapore to Jakarta with Garuda Indonesia was surprisingly good. Friendly ground crews take care of the needs of passengers and help where they can. There was no delay on our flight. The cabin was clean and in very a good condition. Although the brown seats take some getting used to, but they are comfortable. The legroom is really positive remarkable. It looks a bit in the cabin as if the time has stopped, because the style is really strange. It is interesting that all passengers on a flight with this airline get a hot meal if the flight time is longer than 90 minutes. Drinks are free on board. There are local drinks and food. The staff is also happy to help you fill out the immigration forms, if requested. A single point of criticism is that the windows of the Boeing 737 may be better cleaned from the outside. I already noticed that on several flights. Garuda Indonesia fly again? Always again! This is service competence and friendliness at its best!
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"a warm welcome with genuine smiles"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA683 Sorong to Jakarta. Check in was fast and efficient, however going through security took time as only a single lane was open. I did not have much time as I arrived from a connecting flight, therefore I did not visit the local Lounge. The cabin crew as normal on Garuda gave a warm welcome with genuine smiles. There was 3 selections of food available onboard and this was more than the Jakarta to Sorong flight 10 days earlier, however what was offered tasted good. Arrival in Jakarta was slightly ahead of schedule and baggage came out very quickly so I was on my way home very quickly. Overall this flight was much better that my GA862 August 30th Jakarta to Sorong flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 NG
RouteSorong to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"service on board was amazing"

Trip Verified | Bali to Melbourne. I was disappointed flying home from Bali as the website stated flying business class I was allowed 40 kilos in one suitcase when I arrived at check-in I was advised the limit was 32 kilos in one suitcase so I had to repackage my bag at the airport. On returning I spoke with my travel agent and they had no idea about that rule. The service on board was amazing it was just disappointing about my check-in experience
RouteBali to Melbourne

"a nice experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | What a nice experience with Garuda Indonesia from Jakarta to Denpasar. Nice cabin, Good food, very warm welcome from the cabin crew. I should say Garuda is still one of the best airlines in Indonesia also in the world. I can feel Indonesia warm hospitality on the plane! Can't wait to countinue my trip with Garuda Indonesia next time.
AircraftA330-300
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they served a small bun,"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Tanjung Pinang to Jakarta. Expensive, poor food and beverage, for a domestic flight which took just 80 minutes they served a small bun, a pack of peanuts and 200ml drinking water. Video screen did not work well
RouteTanjung Pinang to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Vegetarian meal was the same"

Trip Verified | General flight was good and took off and landed on time. Movies could have had a better collection for such a long flight. Snacks and drinks were only served with meals and nothing in between. Vegetarian meal was the same food for all 3 meals, very disappointing.
RouteLondon to Depasar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"lack of snacks and drinks"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA682 Jakarta to Sorong. Check in was straight forward and going through security was fast. The domestic Lounge in Jakarta Terminal-3 is large, but it lacks food, snacks and drinks. The snacks and food that were available was very limited, which meant I had to go outside to buy food. Boarding the flight was orderly and the plane pulled away from the gate on time, however we had a long taxi to the runway. Again the food and drinks available onboard was very limited and this seems to be a growing trend on Garuda domestic flights. The Cabin Crew did their best in providing what they had available and were extremely friendly. Arrival at Sorong was only slightly behind schedule and baggage came out very quickly. The flight itself was good, however the lack of snacks and drinks even soft drinks is a big switch off both in the lounge and onboard. Garuda needs to do better if they want to maintain their 5 Star rating.
AircraftBoeing 737-800-NG
RouteJakarta to Sorong

"a real disappointment"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew from Jayapura to Surabaya via Makassar on 2 different aircrafts. The 1st flight was really 5 star: comfortable seats, great food, several drinks, good inflight entertainment. The 2nd plane from Makassar to Surabaya was smaller, food a basic snack, no entertainment - overall a real disappointment.
RouteJayapura to Surabaya via Makassar

"service has declined"

Trip Verified | Perth to Denpasar. Absolutely appalled. Dirty plane, service has declined a lot. Plane type not the one we booked. Surly hostess on the way out. Broken seat both ways. In flight entertainment was ou dated.
RoutePerth to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2019

"quite happy to disappoint us"

Trip Verified | Denpasar-Bali to London via Medan. Booked 2 x extra legroom economy class flights to and from Bali. Our flight times, outbound and inbound - were changed multiple times, culminating in Garuda cancelling our return flight altogether. When challenged, the airline did rebook our return flights but sold our extra legroom seats again. The airline could not disappoint the customer assigned our booked seats but they were quite happy to disappoint us. This is unacceptable and appalling customer service. We asked about the cost of an upgrade to business class and Garuda were not willing to offer a discounted rate. The cost was in excess of £3000GBP per person. We are now about to board an 18hr flight to the UK in seats that we didn’t book. We have flown to South East Asia a number of times but we will never use Garuda again. We’ll use Malaysia, Thai, Emirates, etc., who offer much better customer focused service.
RouteDenpasar-Bali to London via Medan