Garuda Indonesia

"an outstanding experience"

Trip Verified | My family and I flew on GA-89 from Amsterdam to Jakarta July 2024. We were picked home from our hotel by two cars provided by Garuda-Indonesia. We were taken directly to the VIP center at Schiphol were all check-in, immigration and security formalities were carried out. Within the VIP lounge there are full pre-boarding meals available as well as snacks. When it came time for boarding my family and I were taken directly to the plane by car and were able to board the plane. Upon boarding we were welcomed and taken to our seats were the cabin crew introduced themselves. The team was made up of FSM Chrestian, MDC Yoshi, Chef Prima and Senior FA Sisty and they provided an outstanding service from take-off to landing in Jakarta. They went out of their way to accommodate my daughter’s special meal requirements and were always available throughout the flight. The selection of food onboard was quite extensive. The overall service provided from meals, table service cleanliness of the bathrooms etc. was excellent and my family and I would like to say a big thank to both the cabin crew and Jakarta First Class Team for an outstanding experience. Upon arrival in Jakarta, we were met by the Garuda First Class Team of Vianda and Hilman who escorted us through immigration and helped us get our baggage and then took us out to the two cars provided by Garuda-Indonesia to take us home.
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2024

"an outstanding service"

Trip Verified | My family and I flew on GA-88 from Jakarta to Amsterdam June 2024. We were picked home from our home by two cars provided by Garuda-Indonesia. At the airport we were met curbside by Garuda First Class support team who helped us check in and escorted us through fast-track security and immigration, then into the First-Class lounge. Within the Garuda First Class lounge there are VIP rooms and my family decided to have the pre-boarding full meal and drink service and the staff were very helpful and the meal was very well presented. Thak you to the First-Class Lounge Team. When it came time for boarding, we were escorted to the aircraft and to our seats by the First-Class Support Team. After we were seated the cabin crew introduced themselves and they give us a very warm welcome. Thank you Budiranti, Irma, Angeline & Deni for outstanding service and for being so engaging to my family and I throughout the flight as this made our flight quite enjoyable. My family and I bedded down a few hours after take-off and after the meal service which was prepared to order by the onboard chef. Throughout the flight the cabin crew were always on hand to serve snacks and drinks. For breakfast, my family and I ordered different meals, and all were served to order by the Chef onboard and were very well presented, there was also an excellent selection of side dishes. Upon arrival in Amsterdam, we were met by the VIP Team who took us to the VIP lounge where we went through immigration. This is an outstanding service provided by Garuda-Indonesia for its First-Class passengers and they also helped with our onwards flights. There is also a full meal service available in the VIP lounge and my children took advantage of this. Thank you, to the Garuda-Indonesia GA88 Team for an outstanding service to my family and me.
Date FlownJune 2024

“cabin crew very courteous and helpful”

Trip Verified | I flew Garuda-Indonesia on GA682 from Jakarta to Sorong as the flight is a red eye it leaves Jakarta just after midnight and arrives in Sorong just after 06:00am local time, however the flight duration is just under 4 hours due to the time difference. At check in I was met at the Jakarta airport by Garuda service Team member Ms. Vianda, and she helped and assisted me through security and into the lounge. Thank you Vianda as you and your team have been most helpful to me and my family on flights to and from Jakarta this year. The lounge itself is quite large and there were sufficient hot and cold snacks and drinks available and there was service team members on hand if required. Boarding the plane was from Gate 13 which is very close to the lounge, therefore only a short walk. Boarding was called by seat class and seat number and was very orderly. I took my seat and was offered a selection of cold soft drinks, then after take off I was offered a selection of two meals and/or a sandwich. All three sections of food and drinks were more than sufficient for a flight of less than 4 hours. The cabin crew were very courteous and helpful throughout the flight even taking a few minutes to have a chat and asking about my wellbeing. We arrived in Sorong on time, and I had to wait only 12 minutes for my luggage to arrive on the carousel. Overall, a good flight considering it was a red eye flight.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownJune 2024

"appreciate the personal service onboard"

Trip Verified | I flew on GA-88 from Jakarta to Amsterdam May 2024. Jakarta airport was quite busy as long holiday weekend; however, I was helped by Nidya from the Garuda First Class Support Team for check in and through security, immigration and into the First-Class lounge. Within the Garuda First Class lounge there are VIP rooms and there offer full meal and drink services, however I chose simple snacks, however the staff were very engaging and helpful. The flight was delayed by 1 hours and 35 minutes due to the late arrival of inbound aircraft, when it came time for boarding, I was assisted by Nidya who escorted me to aircraft door and then I was met by the cabin crew. I was given a very warm welcome by George, Wiwiek, Sang and Chef Angga. I was escorted to my seat by Wiwiek and Sang and offered some soft drinks and some snacks. Thank you for your great service and interaction. I was quite tired, therefore just after take-off I bedded down and had a good 6 ~ 7 hours sleep. When I woke up the cabin crew were on hand to prove hot and cold beverages and they asked if I wanted something more substantial to eat. However, I declined and just said I would wait for breakfast and just had some hot team and biscuits. BTW breakfast would have been prepared anytime, however I waited until 3 hours prior to landing. Throughout the flight the cabin crew were always on hand, however there was some bad turbulence, however the pilot and crew handled this very well and suspended hot drink service, which considering the recent incident on another airline this was very appropriate. For breakfast I ordered an omelet together with a selection of side dishes and this was another great well-prepared meal by the chef onboard and served with tea and other condiments.. Upon arrival in Amsterdam, we met by the VIP Team who took us to the VIP lounge where we went through immigration. This is an outstanding service provide d by Garuda-Indonesia for its First-Class passengers. I then only had to wait 15 minutes to get my luggage and I was on my way. Thank you, Garuda-Indonesia I really appreciate the personal service onboard from the cabin crew and look forward to flying with them again..
Date FlownMay 2024

“crew was warm and efficient”

So much about this flight was excellent. Unfortunately the food (both main meal and pre landing) were pretty bad. Quality was just not there and with no printed menu choices were not clear and sometimes hard to understand. Now that that is out of the way, I can say everything else was quite good. Seat was roomy and comfortable in all positions, crew was warm and efficient and boarding was easy. The flight left and arrived a few minutes early.The lounge at Haneda (TIAT) was also mediocre and Delta Lounge was not offered which should have been.
AircraftA330 Neo
RouteHaneda to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2024

“Door to door service is outstanding”

Trip Verified | I flew on GA-89 from Amsterdam to Jakarta in May 2024. From being picked up from my Hotel in Amsterdam South by a car provided by Garuda-Indonesia to being dropped off at Amsterdam Schiphol airport VIP lounge. I was brought to a special lounge area for Garuda Indonesia passengers. In the lounge all formalities were carried out such as check in and immigration. Within the VIP lounge there are full meal and drink facilities and the service it outstanding. When it came time from board, I was escorted to the aircraft by the Schiphol VIP team via car. This is a great service as it cuts out the long queues at security and immigration. Upon boarding I was given a very warm welcome by the cabin crew Mariska, Fesiti, Agnes, Chef David. I started off with a light meal of caviar and then had the main meal of salmon, which was very well prepared and the represented was outstanding. I then bedded down and had a good 6 hours sleep as the bed and clothing were very comfortable. Throughout the flight the cabin crew were available to service snacks and hot & soft drinks. For breakfast I ordered an omelet together with a selection of side dishes and this was another great meal serves with tea and coffee. Upon arrival in Jakarta, I was met at the aircraft door by the Garuda First Team of Herbert and Nidya who guided me through immigration, luggage collection and out to a car provided by Garuda-Indonesia to take me to my home. Door to door service is outstanding. Thank you, Garuda-Indonesia, for another excellent service. I also loggin to the wi fi service and the connectivity and download speeds were very good,
RouteAmsterdam to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2024

"Efficient and courteous crew"

Trip Verified | This was a red-eye midnight flight from Jakarta to Sorong. The flight was about 5 hours. The check-in was quite efficient and the seats were comfortable too. Efficient and courteous crew. The only issue was that the meal offered after boarding was only beef, with no other options, thankfully I had eaten before boarding else would have been ravenous. They also offered another light snack before arrival which was chicken but the food quality was quite disappointing. There was IFE even on the domestic flight with a limited but good collection of movies and serials.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownApril 2024

"The flight was comfortable"

Trip Verified | The flight was comfortable with great legroom and in flight entertainment. The cabin crew was friendly and efficient, The first meal served on departure was quite good and filling but the snack offered near arrival was not the best.
RouteTernate to Jakarta

"provided excellent service"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA-88 Jakarta to Amsterdam in May 2024. From being picked up from my home by a car provided by Garuda-Indonesia to being dropped off at airport where I was met by the Garuda First Class Team Firyal who escorted me through the check in process and on through security, immigration and to the First-Class lounge. When it came time to board, I was escorted to the aircraft my Firyal. Thank you, Firyal for your help and assistance which was much, appreciated. The flight was full in all classes, however the cabin crew upon boarding were very welcoming and extremely helpful throughout the flight. I had a light meal of caviar and then a good 6-hour sleep. Prior to bedding down, I had ordered breakfast with the chef to be served 3 hours prior to landing, however prior to that the cabin crew kept coming around and offering warm and cold drinks and snacks. The chef prepared an omelet to order together with a selection of side dishes. The meal was excellent, and cabin kept coming around topping up tea and coffee. As noted above the cabin was full, however the cabin crew still provided a very high level of service. The crew was made up of Elis, Rika, Cartika and Chef Fandi and they provided excellent service. Upon arrival in Amsterdam, we were met at the aircraft door by Schiphol VIP Team who Garuda-Indonesia using in Amsterdam, and they take you directly to the VIP lounge where you go through immigration, and they then pick up your luggage to check in for onward flight. This is another great service provided by Garuda-Indonesia as it saves time.
Date FlownMay 2024

"cabin crew were extremely friendly"

Trip Verified | Flew on GA863 Hong Kong to Jakarta. While in the queue for check-in I was met by the Garuda Hong Kong base manager Mrs. Mia and her team who assisted me through security, immigration and into the business lounge. The lounge used by Garuda in Hong Kong is the Premier lounge which is more than suitable and they have a reasonable selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks available. When it came time for boarding Mrs. Mia and Ms. Jess assisted me as I needed to use the train to get to the remote gate. When I arrived at the gate, they were getting ready to start boarding and I was allowed to board without any delay. Waiting at the aircraft door was the Senior Cabin Crew Sari Puspita and Daryani who provided with a warm welcome and guided me to my seat. The flight was quite full; however, the cabin crew were extremely friendly and offered drinks and snacks. When it came time for the main meal service Andy the Chef came around and offered me a selection of food and I chose Cod and Mash potatoes, and this was well presented and tasted even better. Throughout the flight other cabin crew members Maya and Eva also provided soft drinks and snacks. Upon arrival in Jakarta, I was met at the Plane door by Garuda PSA Rudy who guided me through immigration, baggage collection and customs. Rudy also helped me get a taxi as it was quite busy. A big thank you to Mrs. Mia and her team in Hong Kong, Rudy in Jakarta and the onboard cabin crew of Sari, Daryani, Maya, Eva, and Chef Andy their service and help is much appreciated.
AircraftA330-300