Frontier Airlines

"staff was friendly"

Detroit to Orlando return, and Frontier Airlines was great, staff was friendly, plane was clean, price was right. Flights were on time with no trouble at all. I read reviews before we flew with them and were expecting terrible service but it was fine. For the price I am not sure what they expect.
RouteDTW to MCO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"sub par at best"

Every time I've ever flown on Frontier the experience has been sub par at best. This last time my wife had a horrible experience with them that made me never want to fly them again. She booked a flight from Los Angeles to Denver. I've found their website to be horrible, and every time we put in our credit card it says that confirmation code is declined. After multiple tries it will finally accept our card. To make a long story short they had two transactions pending on our card and never informed us that the transactions where in fact declined on their end. The night my wife goes to check in they say she did not actually purchase a ticket. We had to fight the manager on the phone to get the price of the ticket close to what we purchased it at. There is a reason why this airline has such low ratings. For a 300 dollar flight from LA to DEN I get small rows, no carry on, no bag.
RouteLAX to DEN

"airline was terrible"

Frontier Airlines promote it as "you get the basics" from our low fares and then "customize" from there. Apparently the basics does not include luggage, beverages, or comfortable seating. It was by far the most uncomfortable seats I have ever used. What is worse is that we received an email that our flight was cancelled. My husband called to see if that was correct, spoke to a incompetent individual who not only answered the question if our flight was cancelled incorrectly (which it was not), but then proceeded to put us on hold and hang up on us. When we called back, they said that he had moved the flight (we traveled from DC to Denver and he placed us on another flight from DC to Denver!). The airline was terrible, saying that our seats had already been taken and that they could not get us on a new flight until three days later.
RouteDCA to DEN

"enjoyed everything"

Philadelphia to Kingston, Jamaica, and we enjoyed everything about our experience with Frontier Airlines. Polite and helpful staff, great take off and landing. Flights were on time and at great prices. Didn't expect any frills for the price and none were needed. We'll fly them again. We have flown many other airlines and Frontier Airlines compares equally in most catagories.
Aircraftairbus
RoutePHL to KIN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"no problems with airline "

Pleasant experience. Had no problems with the airline or either of these Frontier Airlines flights. I really like that they have a separate "bag drop" line from the "check-in" line. It allows those that check in ahead of time to get through faster. The staff at check in was very friendly and helpful telling us where to go after dropping bags. Orlando TSA is horrific, but obviously that doesn't count against Frontier. The actual flight was just the same as any other airline. Okay, you didn't get free peanuts and a drink! For this flight, I paid $340 for two people and two checked bags. I would have paid upwards of $600 for the same on Delta or United. It was also nice that flight attendants announced what baggage claim you can find your bags on before exiting the aircraft. That's a nice touch. My only complaint is that the A321 seats are rather hard and the tray tables are about 6 inches deep.
RouteMCO to IAD

"never recommend Frontier"

I was scheduled to fly Frontier Airlines from Philadelphia to Chicago on 28th December 2015 at 4:55 PM. When I reached the Philadelphia airport 2 hours prior to the flight time, I got to know that the flight was delayed till 6:30 PM. After sitting and waiting at the terminal for another hour and a half, we were told that now the flight was delayed till 8:30 PM. After another hour, finally we were informed that the flight was cancelled. For the earlier delay, the reason cited was that the airplane was coming from an international flight so was checked by authorities. For the cancellation, they said that it is due to weather conditions. We could either get our refund, which was really low since I had booked 2 months in advance, or re-book the flight. The next available flight was on 4 days later. There was no advanced info about delay/cancellation and the customer service was very rude and said due to weather related reasons they won't listen to our concerns. When I finally did fly on the 1st January, the flight was again delayed by half an hour, the seats were highly uncomfortable and the less I speak about customer service, the better. I would never recommend Frontier to anyone.
RoutePHL to ORD
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"Frontier does a nice job"

Cincinnati to Denver on Frontier Airlines. There were several agents to assist with check in and they were friendly and efficient. The flight was on time, even arriving early. No problem with baggage. The plane was clean and the temperature onboard was comfortable. The seats do not recline which is a plus in some ways as I didn't have anyone coming back into my space. The seats could have been more comfortable but seats on most airlines are not very comfortable. Frontier does a nice job of offering a discount trip. Other than having to pay for drinks, there is little distinction between them and the other carriers.
RouteCVG to DEN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"very pleased with Frontier"

Before making our trip from Atlanta to Denver we had read horror stories about flying with Frontier Airlines, however, I wish to report that we were very pleased with Frontier. When you fly with Frontier you know up front what you are getting and what you are paying, so why complain about things that are saving you a great deal of money on your flight. I thought the seat comfort and room were comparable to other airlines. If you want more room, buy a set with more space. If you want a particular seat location, pay for it rather than complaining about your assigned seat. If you do not want to pay for snacks, bring your own, and they will give you water. If you do not want to pay for carry on luggage, purchase checked luggage. Our flights to and from Denver were on time or earlier. The only problem we had was in getting our checked bags at DIA. Things happen. We will use Frontier in the future, if the rate is better.
RouteATL to DEN

"numerous extra charges"

I was extremely disappointed that Frontier Airlines charged extra for just about everything on our trip to and from Philadelphia to Cancun. They charge extra for your seat at check-in, even those at the back of the plane that do not recline even an inch. Frontier not only charges for checked luggage, they also charge you for carry-on luggage. With luggage and seat costs, it cost my family of three approximately $300 extra. Frontier also charges you for a soda and juice. You can get water for free. In addition to the numerous extra charges, I checked in and was billed. I received a call about three hours later asking me to check in again because the system was not working properly. I am waiting to see if I get charged twice on my credit card for the two check ins.
RoutePHL to CUN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"lot of room for your legs"

(Austria)

I would only recommend Frontier Airlines for short trips and if you have your own entertainment (computer, Tablet etc) and you bring your own drinks and food. Only water is for free and we only got on the flight from Phoenix to SFO not on the way back. The flight attendants were nice. Our flight back was 3 hours delayed and nobody told us about that or the reason. Even the crew didn't know what was going on. Its more expensive to pay for a carry on than a checked bag. The nice thing is, that even in the normal Economy Class you have a lot of room for your legs. Not again if I don't have to.
RoutePHX to SFO