Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly all the time and try to fly Frontier if at all possible that is until tonight. I won't be flying them anymore. Flying Denver to Kansas City originally leaving at 7.15. After three gate changes our flight is delayed over 2 hours. Funny thing is there is a later Frontier flight flying to Kansas City and they are boarding now. Everyone is asking why Frontier wouldn't switch planes so earlier flight could leave first. We aren't only people affected either Frontier is moving everyone gate to gate and there are delays galore.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly a lot for business and must check a bag for tools. My selected seats (non premium) were rejected at check in and random seats were assigned. I expected baggage fees for checked baggage but my briefcase was large enough to qualify as a carry on instead of a personal item. Sizing explanation was not available until the rate increased from $50 to $100. Random seat assignment always means middle seat assignment. My return flight was not as booked but this may be my travel agent. By the time all of the surprise fees were added I could have flown another carrier for less. They would be better named hidden fee or bait and switch airlines. Alaska Delta and United would be better choices for routes in the Northwest and West. I didn't eat or drink on the flight but n/a is not a review option so I chose no opinion. The flight crew was professional and genial the check in staff was bright and chipper but unhelpful.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew PHX-DEN on 3/27 for $90 a person during spring break. Flight was on time boarding quick and organized except for the carry on bag size check which was very unorganized at boarding. Flight attendants gave out water for free and on a 1.5 hr flight food and drink purchases weren't needed. Checked bag was out before we even got to the baggage claim belt. All in all a very positive experience and highly recommend Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was penalized because I booked my flight through Orbitz. I had to pay for seats - $8 a piece so that I could sit with my kids. The airlines nickel and dimes you - you pay to carry on or to check a bag. I ended up paying $80 each direction to check 4 bags for my family. Then they give you no beverages for free on the flight - a 4hr flight and you have to pay $2 for a coffee or soda! Finally - their computer system could not let us check in online - because my husband and son share the same full name - one is Jr the other is III. I have never had a problem with this on any other airline. Frontier told me I should have booked their tickets separately.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Denver-Orlando and return: March 18-24 (FFT678/FFT681). If you know what you are getting into with this airline it's not half bad. I researched and knew Frontier charges for carry-ons if you don't meet the requirements or book a fare on their website so I made sure to bring a proper sized bag and got on no problem. I do the same thing when I fly Spirit. The customer service wasn't very good in Denver but once on the plane the flight attendants were very nice and helpful especially when my TV broke and the customer service in Orlando was noticeably better. The flight on the way out was delayed due to snow and wind but I can't fault Frontier. Overall an enjoyable experience and considering they have TV (yes they charge but so do most others) I did my research and they were nearly $200 cheaper than the nearest non-stop competitor I would certainly would continue flying them again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Des Moines to Las Vegas March 24 2014 and return on March 27 2014. One of the legs was flight 782 on March 27th. They reel you in with a low fare and then nickel and dime you to death. As a business traveler I'll steer clear of this airline from this point forward.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 667 March 7 2014 Cleveland to San Francisco. My 19 year old daughter booked a flight in early March and had two small carry on bags. When she checked in no one at Frontier mentioned anything about a charge for a second carry on. When she got to the gate they told her she needed to pay $100 for the second carry on. She offered to check-in the second small bag and was told "no we have to charge you $100." She ended up having to check the bag anyway but they still charged her $100.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew from Denver to San Diego on 8.59pm flight. We did not board until 9.20pm and started to taxi but returned to the gate due to the plane had a malfunction with one engine. We didn't taxi for another 20 minutes which all of this caused a serious delay! All of these events seemed to be a disorganization on Frontiers' behalf. After all of this confusion and frustration Frontier employees acted as if they did passengers a favor. No compensation was awarded i.e. beverages or anything. On top of this distraction I landed late causing my rental car reservation to be cancelled and had to barter with taxi drivers for transportation to my hotel. As far as I'm concerned this airline has the worst customer service bar none!

Frontier Airlines customer review

I have flown Frontier before and thought that for the price it was a good option. However I suppose it had been longer than I remember since I experienced Frontier. I was told that my carry on was too big (I have taken it on every flight for years including Frontier) and that I had to check it. Then I was told that whether I checked the bag or carried it on that I would be charged an extra fee! I specifically travel light to avoid fees and baggage mix ups. I actually drive an extra hour to get to an airport that includes Frontier so that I can get a good deal. Never again. I hate to say this as I am a working person myself and don't quickly complain about service but unfortunately the Frontier employees were plain rude. I can almost overlook this since I would be frustrated with all the angry customers if I had to deal with them too. Frontier doesn't seem to care about the passengers anymore.

Frontier Airlines customer review

March 3 2014 – Flight F9 395 ILG–DEN. March 5 2014 – Flight F9 396 DEN–ILG. Thank you Frontier for my recent ILG–DEN flight coincidently on the Alberta Clipper and Polar Bear tail ID. The New Castle (Wilmington DE) Airport was pretty much the only game in town during the March 3 snowstorm. Nearby Philadelphia Airport was all but closed. This was true for earlier snowstorms too. Our flight was delayed about an hour due to de-icing issues not the airline’s fault. This little airport has all the charm of a Soviet-era military installation but I’ll gladly forego shopping mall ambience for short lines free parking easy access and cheap flights. I carried-on so can't comment on baggage. Service was comparable to other low-cost domestic carriers. Return DEN-ILG was delayed about 20 minutes. Their Mediterranean Sky Snacks Box was purchased for $7 and it was ample tasty and good value for money.