Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

First time flying Frontier instead of Southwest and was very disappointed! Not only do they charge you for checking a bag but also for any carry-on and they charge you to sit with your party. The check in process is inefficient and slow the staff are not nice. Once on the flight there is a charge for any beverages and snacks but water is free! They then try and convince you to sign up for their credit card wit their on-board "deal" and awkwardly try and explain why it is a good idea. Will definitely be paying a little more to fly Southwest!

Frontier Airlines customer review

DTW-TTN-DTW. Outbound flight was delayed by weather 4+ hours. Not Frontier's fault but once onboard we were charged $1.99 for lukewarm coffee: is it expecting too much to get freebies after such a long delay? Apparently so. But my main gripe is their carry-on policy. It appears based on our experience both ways that after a certain number of passengers have boarded they simply assume the overheads are full and require people to pay extra to check their carry-ons. This happened to us and when we stopped arguing and got on board the overheads were nowhere near full. That's a $50 hit each way.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Cincinnati OH (CVG) - Denver CO (DEN) Jun 10 2014 F9 0735. Denver CO (DEN) - Cincinnati OH (CVG) Jun 11 2014 F9073. My first around trip flight on Frontier I was sceptical. From the moment I entered the Frontier gate area CVG to Denver flight onboard during the flight and the landing all aspects of the experience was professional. The aircraft's were clean flight crew were making every effort to accommodate the passengers. My return flight was also the same. I would utilize Frontier for my flight service and recommend to others. My one complaint was the long wait for phone service the wait was 20-25 minutes. I feel that's far too long.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Four of us travelled from Philadelphia to Cancun on May 29 2014 flight 19 at 7.15 am. I was not allowed to take my carry-on bag onto the plane unless I paid $50. My other choice was to have them check it for $25 so two of us paid additional $50 for small carry-on bags. The other couple was not charged any money for their carry-on bags with the same customer service representative. My request to speak with supervisor was ignored. The customer service personnel could not have been ruder. On return flight from Cancun to Philadelphia on June 8 2014 we did not have any charges for the same carry-on bags. I will never look at Frontier again when booking a trip.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

What was once a decent airline is now beyond a nightmare. The new baggage policies are ridiculous. They are taking no frills to new limits and despite the few bucks you save on the ticket price you will end up paying more than competitors in the long run after $2 water charge $50 carry on charge (for the first carry on) and have a poor experience. Customer service if you can even get it is awful. On the phone from a gate agent etc. this airline is almost primitive now. Very disappointing. I will never choose to fly with Frontier again. The one upside is that the flight attendants were courteous and professional.

Frontier Airlines customer review

May 31st 2014 from Denver to Orlando flight 678 return June 6 2014 flight 677. We booked our trip through our travel agent months before these new carry on charges went into effect. We were told we would not have to pay the extra fees. As we arrived at Denver airport and proceeded to the Frontier check in counter we were told we had to pay for our carry ons all of which could fit under the seats we explained what we were told and the check-in guy looked up our booking date and all was fine not the case at the Orlando airport on the way home. We asked for our check in bag back and since we still had 7 lbs allowed in that bag before they added another $75 we started to unpack bags and re-pack so as not to give them one dime more. Needless to say after all the rearranging which was totally unnecessary we were allowed to take our carry on bags as personal items. As I said before we did not have to use the carry on overhead compartments all the bags were so small they fit under the seats with no problem at all. After arriving at the gate we heard several stories like ours. There were so many upset people saying they will never fly Frontier again. It's not just about the money but it's about how you are treated.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Achieved what they offered. TTN-RSW. First flight out. On time boarding departure and landing (a few minutes early). Crowded plane and they checked the size of my personal item 2x. I had to take out a few items (stuffed in my pocket to make it fit) but overall uneventful journey. I can't speak for service as I slept the entire flight and deboarding was uneventful. I faintly remember the offer for water. Seat pitch normal - I didn't pre-assign seat so was in 2nd to last row but had an empty seat next to me. I'm aware Frontier gets a bad-rap due to its fees but if you know what you are getting into I don't see the issue as it is still cheaper vs flying/parking at PHL or EWR for same route.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flt 232 from Denver to Nashville 06/04. The ticket was not much cheaper than on Southwest. My computer travel system booked it because it was cheaper but it did not figure in the extra $20 for a checked bag and $30 for the carry on bag. Then they charged for a drink and snack! Charged for watching TV yes you have to use your own phone ipad or laptop but it is free. Plus if you want to select you seat in advance it is from $8 to $15 extra. This will be the last time I fly on Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

After a revolting experience on a Frontier Flight from MCO to DEN we bit the bullet and flew DEN to SLC May 21 (noon). What a difference! Wonderful stewards on board friendly helpful welcoming. Still cannot believe how rude people are when told that their huge bag cannot fit in the overhead just check the damn thing! Saves a few dollars boarding time too but it is funny to watch people unpacking their overhead bag and trying to put all items in their large "handbag" then try to hide their now just as big handbag.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I've flown from Harrisburg PA to Orlando FL and back a few times in the past year. Most of the time it was a good experience. One flight which I booked way in advance in the snow season had more than 3 hour delay and I would have missed my appointment so there was no longer a need to fly. I got a refund for which I was thankful. One flight had comedian flight attendants giving the on board preflight information (buckle up etc) that were actually funny. All flights were nonstop from PA to FL which was so nice. The rates were great for an average wage earner like me which was my main reason for choosing Frontier. Now I'm booking 3 tickets for my family and my total bill will be less than I would pay for one ticket with the other major airline flying out of MDT.