Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

I would never fly Frontier Airlines again. Last week we have a 7am flight departing Denver on Friday morning. We arrived at the airport at 5.30am to check in for our flight we had to check bags so we figured we would just check in at the gate. We waited in line to check in for 45 minutes and when we got to the check in counter the lady stated that their system had locked (it was now 41 minutes before our flight) and we were not allowed to check in or attempt to catch our flight. Their policy is that you must be checked in 45 minutes before departure or you are out of luck we were 4 minutes late but had also been waiting in line for 45 minutes. The front desk lady was extremely rude and unhelpful and just continued saying "well do you want to pay the $50 per person to change your flight to 5pm tonight" we did not have any other option. The kicker was we took the 5pm flight and of course checked in 45 minutes before it took us under 15 minutes to get from the check in counter to the gate we could have caught our flight in the morning without any issues. Poor customer service terrible policy took no responsibility for the 45 minute check in line. Absolutely disgusted and will never travel with them again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 369 from Newport News to Denver. My girlfriend and I checked in at our house and did not have access to a printer to print our passes leaving us with the only option of arriving early to have them printed by a Frontier representative. Confident that we were on time (over an hour early for boarding at this small airport) we stood in line behind a handful of people and two sometimes one representative. The line crept. Two or three people had been assisted in front of us and all the sudden the Frontier representatives walk away behind closed doors for over five minutes. Upon their return all of the paid in full checked in online customers were told in a rude manor that we were all not getting on the plane and to call a 1-800 number for further assistance. We were told it was our fault and there was no other option. The boarding gate could practically be seen from the check in counter there was still 50 minutes to board and all that was standing in our way was a piece of paper to let us through. The clock was ticking while we were about ready to give up. With only a few minutes to spare a woman showed up and took some names and returned with boarding passes. We boarded our flight with a foul taste in our mouths from the unprofessional attitude received from the Frontier representative at Newport News airport. Check- in was "closed" but we were all checked in and just needed a pass printed. Why was someone else able to help us? Airlines are a customer service industry and if you lack the most basic skills to satisfy those that support you there will most definitely be a problem for you in the future. A couple of boarding pass kiosks would have eliminated this whole headache.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Frontier is not cheaper. I recently flew American Airlines to Seattle to get my two children and we flew Frontier back to TN. I had no problems at all with American to Seattle. No unexpected fees and charges or hassles at all. You should know that your buck doesn't stop with buying a ticket with Frontier. You must buy your seats and you must pay $50 per any carry on that goes in an overhead or checked at the gate. Even if it fits easily. They are out to squeeze every dime out of you in every way. You must pay for any beverage or snack on board. Not just cocktails and large snacks. They assured us at the gate in Seattle that we would see our baggage in Knoxville. We did not. They're lost and no one knows where they are. I've never written a review to express my dissatisfaction with an airline before but this airline has the worst customer service ever.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Spokane to Denver 18 June. Stormy weather in Denver prevented our flight from landing 3 times so we flew to Colorado Springs to refuel. We had to stay on the plane and only 1 of the 3 lavatories was operational - there was a line of about 30 people waiting to use it. An hour later I was close to the lav and had to sit down again for take-off. We got to Denver 2.5 hours late and my connecting flight to Little Rock had already left. After standing in a long line I found out their next flight to Little Rock wasn't for 2 days. They gave me a ticket to Branson Mo for the next day and I slept on the airport floor. In the morning I exchanged the Branson ticket for a Little Rock ticket for Friday since I didn't have transportation from Branson to Little Rock and got a hotel room for Thursday night. I left Denver Friday evening and got into Little Rock just before 11 pm. My luggage was not there. It had not been in Denver the 2 days I was there. The agent there couldn't get ahold of any of the other airports either. I called the baggage dept at Spokane and twice said they'd call back and haven't. I will not use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

ILG-MDW 6/1/14 Flight 383. I disagree that the fares are higher once you add in the extras. Who do you think is paying for your extra luggage and soft drinks? You are! Everything is figured into the price and when compared to Southwest I know I saved quite a bit on my recent purchase. The service was timely and professional as well. I give Frontier credit for trying to carve a niche and I predict they will be quite successful as people get educated with regards to what they are doing. Also when fewer people are hauling on oversized luggage and trying to stuff it in the overheads it makes for a smoother and quicker loading and departure from the gate. Ultra low cost carriers like Frontier typically charge $5 extra to carry on a bag versus checking it which effectively eliminates the luggage hoarders trying to board planes with too much luggage which most would admit makes for a slow maddening boarding process. Also if you check/carry 100 lbs. of luggage on other carriers who offer free checked bags and carry-ons who do you think is paying for the extra fuel it takes to transport that? That's right it's you again! It's all built into the ticket price. Again I'd rather pay for what I want and for what I use. I was happy to pay a bit extra for leg room but not for everyone else's extra baggage. I'd rather bring my own bottled water than pay for all the soda and peanuts that everyone else drinks. I'm happy with the experience and will be trying this more often. On very short trips I can make due with a personal sized item and not even have to pay any luggage fees whatsoever! It's a win-win once we all better understand the concept.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Seattle WA (SEA) - Denver CO (DEN). Economy Class A320. 13 June Flight #284. Denver CO (DEN) - St. Louis MO (STL) Economy Class Airbus A319 13 June Flight #138. I thought all airlines were about the same but Frontier takes cheap and greedy to a whole new level. I was amazed. 1st carry on bags were 35$ each. Nothing free on beverage cart except cups of water. Attendants just average but the service people at Denver and Seattle were downright rude! We arrived 2 hrs early at check in but no clerks w/long lines then plane arrived 1/2 hr late. When we boarded taxied to flight line then had to go back to gate because of equipment failure so we were an hr and a half late leaving Seattle but they did hold our connecting flight because it was late also. Don't fly w/ them!

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew Frontier for the first and last time this past week. I had a business trip and this was the most cost effective airline for me. First my luggage is a rolling carry on that is the appropriate size and fits in any other airline. Frontier forces you to stick it in a sized up box at the counter to be approved to get the carry on onto the flight and that is for each connecting flight. It's difficult to fit in and I noticed a few people who were charged $50 per bag to have it checked because it did not fit. I lucked out but had to go through the ordeal all over again at my connecting flight in Denver and was told my bag would not fit when it did just a few hours earlier. On my 1st flight the passenger in front was in a broken seat and the stewardess continued to scold him to pull his seat forward for landing/takeoff when he repeatedly explained to her they finally comprehended to get a maintenance person on the flight who did not even fix the seat. I could go on and on but the points above are the biggest red flags and disappointments. Each flight was worse than the previous.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I never used Frontier before so I took a gamble for a weekend trip. My flight was scheduled to leave at 3.13pm. I was not told of any delay until I was at airport with bags in hand. Personnel were more concerned about the size of bags rather than telling us of a delay. We were delayed to the aircraft flying to Tampa first and coming back to Trenton. We finally got on board at 5.30 for a 5.50 departure and then were delayed as a passenger was injured trying to get onto plane. After that hour delay the captain stated that there was some issues with the plane's log so could not leave until that was fixed. Another hour passed and we finally pushed back from Gate at 8pm. We ended up sitting 15 minutes waiting for traffic to clear. We finally got in the air by 8.15pm. I have been flying for 25 years and never heard of a log book issue delaying a flight. Since we were so late had to rebook rental car and had other issues.

Frontier Airlines customer review

DFW-DEN on 6/14/2014. Arrived at airport at 4.40am to find out that our 6.10am flight was cancelled due to not having a flight crew. There was no notification of such a cancellation even when we arrived at the airport the monitors still said 'On Time'. There were over 100 people in line at the ticketing counter and only 2 agents at the desk. Hold time on the phone was over 30 mins. Frontier could not get us out that day and we had to be rescheduled for the next day. When I discussed the no notification of cancelled flight one customer relations person told me they didn't know why I didn't receive a notification later another told me that Frontier no longer does flight updates. Arrived at airport at 4.35am on 6/15/14 for 6.10am flight and there were over 50 people in line to check bags and no one showed up to work the Frontier counter until 5.00am! Received several "textbook" answers from Customer Relations regarding the issues with Frontier - not one seemed concerned with anything. This airline is not what it used to be.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My daughters flew from KC to Salt Lake City via Denver. They were told in Denver that they could not board after having flown from MCI until they paid additional "baggage" fee in the amount of $100.00 for the two small carryon bags that they had. That is one bag each. My daughters were very upset as they had little cash with them and no credit cards. This is a form of extortion as far as I am concerned. I prepaid for their flights with the understanding that this was all paid for. Why would you sell a ticket and not figure that there would be any baggage?