Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Spokane to Denver 18 June. Stormy weather in Denver prevented our flight from landing 3 times so we flew to Colorado Springs to refuel. We had to stay on the plane and only 1 of the 3 lavatories was operational - there was a line of about 30 people waiting to use it. An hour later I was close to the lav and had to sit down again for take-off. We got to Denver 2.5 hours late and my connecting flight to Little Rock had already left. After standing in a long line I found out their next flight to Little Rock wasn't for 2 days. They gave me a ticket to Branson Mo for the next day and I slept on the airport floor. In the morning I exchanged the Branson ticket for a Little Rock ticket for Friday since I didn't have transportation from Branson to Little Rock and got a hotel room for Thursday night. I left Denver Friday evening and got into Little Rock just before 11 pm. My luggage was not there. It had not been in Denver the 2 days I was there. The agent there couldn't get ahold of any of the other airports either. I called the baggage dept at Spokane and twice said they'd call back and haven't. I will not use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

ILG-MDW 6/1/14 Flight 383. I disagree that the fares are higher once you add in the extras. Who do you think is paying for your extra luggage and soft drinks? You are! Everything is figured into the price and when compared to Southwest I know I saved quite a bit on my recent purchase. The service was timely and professional as well. I give Frontier credit for trying to carve a niche and I predict they will be quite successful as people get educated with regards to what they are doing. Also when fewer people are hauling on oversized luggage and trying to stuff it in the overheads it makes for a smoother and quicker loading and departure from the gate. Ultra low cost carriers like Frontier typically charge $5 extra to carry on a bag versus checking it which effectively eliminates the luggage hoarders trying to board planes with too much luggage which most would admit makes for a slow maddening boarding process. Also if you check/carry 100 lbs. of luggage on other carriers who offer free checked bags and carry-ons who do you think is paying for the extra fuel it takes to transport that? That's right it's you again! It's all built into the ticket price. Again I'd rather pay for what I want and for what I use. I was happy to pay a bit extra for leg room but not for everyone else's extra baggage. I'd rather bring my own bottled water than pay for all the soda and peanuts that everyone else drinks. I'm happy with the experience and will be trying this more often. On very short trips I can make due with a personal sized item and not even have to pay any luggage fees whatsoever! It's a win-win once we all better understand the concept.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Seattle WA (SEA) - Denver CO (DEN). Economy Class A320. 13 June Flight #284. Denver CO (DEN) - St. Louis MO (STL) Economy Class Airbus A319 13 June Flight #138. I thought all airlines were about the same but Frontier takes cheap and greedy to a whole new level. I was amazed. 1st carry on bags were 35$ each. Nothing free on beverage cart except cups of water. Attendants just average but the service people at Denver and Seattle were downright rude! We arrived 2 hrs early at check in but no clerks w/long lines then plane arrived 1/2 hr late. When we boarded taxied to flight line then had to go back to gate because of equipment failure so we were an hr and a half late leaving Seattle but they did hold our connecting flight because it was late also. Don't fly w/ them!

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew Frontier for the first and last time this past week. I had a business trip and this was the most cost effective airline for me. First my luggage is a rolling carry on that is the appropriate size and fits in any other airline. Frontier forces you to stick it in a sized up box at the counter to be approved to get the carry on onto the flight and that is for each connecting flight. It's difficult to fit in and I noticed a few people who were charged $50 per bag to have it checked because it did not fit. I lucked out but had to go through the ordeal all over again at my connecting flight in Denver and was told my bag would not fit when it did just a few hours earlier. On my 1st flight the passenger in front was in a broken seat and the stewardess continued to scold him to pull his seat forward for landing/takeoff when he repeatedly explained to her they finally comprehended to get a maintenance person on the flight who did not even fix the seat. I could go on and on but the points above are the biggest red flags and disappointments. Each flight was worse than the previous.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I never used Frontier before so I took a gamble for a weekend trip. My flight was scheduled to leave at 3.13pm. I was not told of any delay until I was at airport with bags in hand. Personnel were more concerned about the size of bags rather than telling us of a delay. We were delayed to the aircraft flying to Tampa first and coming back to Trenton. We finally got on board at 5.30 for a 5.50 departure and then were delayed as a passenger was injured trying to get onto plane. After that hour delay the captain stated that there was some issues with the plane's log so could not leave until that was fixed. Another hour passed and we finally pushed back from Gate at 8pm. We ended up sitting 15 minutes waiting for traffic to clear. We finally got in the air by 8.15pm. I have been flying for 25 years and never heard of a log book issue delaying a flight. Since we were so late had to rebook rental car and had other issues.

Frontier Airlines customer review

DFW-DEN on 6/14/2014. Arrived at airport at 4.40am to find out that our 6.10am flight was cancelled due to not having a flight crew. There was no notification of such a cancellation even when we arrived at the airport the monitors still said 'On Time'. There were over 100 people in line at the ticketing counter and only 2 agents at the desk. Hold time on the phone was over 30 mins. Frontier could not get us out that day and we had to be rescheduled for the next day. When I discussed the no notification of cancelled flight one customer relations person told me they didn't know why I didn't receive a notification later another told me that Frontier no longer does flight updates. Arrived at airport at 4.35am on 6/15/14 for 6.10am flight and there were over 50 people in line to check bags and no one showed up to work the Frontier counter until 5.00am! Received several "textbook" answers from Customer Relations regarding the issues with Frontier - not one seemed concerned with anything. This airline is not what it used to be.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My daughters flew from KC to Salt Lake City via Denver. They were told in Denver that they could not board after having flown from MCI until they paid additional "baggage" fee in the amount of $100.00 for the two small carryon bags that they had. That is one bag each. My daughters were very upset as they had little cash with them and no credit cards. This is a form of extortion as far as I am concerned. I prepaid for their flights with the understanding that this was all paid for. Why would you sell a ticket and not figure that there would be any baggage?

Frontier Airlines customer review

DTW-TTN-DTW. Outbound flight was delayed by weather 4+ hours. Not Frontier's fault but once onboard we were charged $1.99 for lukewarm coffee: is it expecting too much to get freebies after such a long delay? Apparently so. But my main gripe is their carry-on policy. It appears based on our experience both ways that after a certain number of passengers have boarded they simply assume the overheads are full and require people to pay extra to check their carry-ons. This happened to us and when we stopped arguing and got on board the overheads were nowhere near full. That's a $50 hit each way.

Frontier Airlines customer review

First time flying Frontier instead of Southwest and was very disappointed! Not only do they charge you for checking a bag but also for any carry-on and they charge you to sit with your party. The check in process is inefficient and slow the staff are not nice. Once on the flight there is a charge for any beverages and snacks but water is free! They then try and convince you to sign up for their credit card wit their on-board "deal" and awkwardly try and explain why it is a good idea. Will definitely be paying a little more to fly Southwest!

Frontier Airlines customer review

Cincinnati OH (CVG) - Denver CO (DEN) Jun 10 2014 F9 0735. Denver CO (DEN) - Cincinnati OH (CVG) Jun 11 2014 F9073. My first around trip flight on Frontier I was sceptical. From the moment I entered the Frontier gate area CVG to Denver flight onboard during the flight and the landing all aspects of the experience was professional. The aircraft's were clean flight crew were making every effort to accommodate the passengers. My return flight was also the same. I would utilize Frontier for my flight service and recommend to others. My one complaint was the long wait for phone service the wait was 20-25 minutes. I feel that's far too long.