Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1943 reviews

Frontier Airlines customer review

TTN-TPA round-trip. Booked 1 week in advance and paid under $200 round-trip whereas US Airways and Southwest's fares were twice as much. Overall good value for money. In addition to the savings on airfare I was able to park for free at the Trenton airport. Since the flights were full we were given the opportunity to gate check our carry-ons and pick them up at baggage claim. This came in handy flying from TTN to TPA since I wouldn't have to carry my garment bag through the Tampa airport. But I would advise don't gate check carry-ons when flying into a small airport like Trenton. I had to wait in a cramped baggage claim for probably 30 minutes for my bag no thanks to the ground crew taking their sweet time. As much as I don't like the Philadelphia airport at least bags are going around the carousel by the time I get to baggage claim. Also although Frontier has DirecTV on the seat backs if you get the lowest fare you have to pay extra for it. And if you're thinking about purchasing snacks you better have a credit or debit card because they don't accept cash.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We had purchased 2 return tickets MDT (Harrisburg) to MCO (Orlando). Did online check-in 24 hr prior to takeoff at which time we purchased and paid for Frontier's Stretch seating. Selected a middle for myself and window for son who is over 6 ft tall. They called our name and boarded us first before all other passengers. My extra charge stretch seat became awful when Frontier determined the seat (aisle) next to me was the only place that would accommodate a "double wide" passenger. Their term not mine. They wheeled the passenger in and we spent 2 hours skin to skin with me unable to move. There would have been absolutely no way to access the screen controls. We also were unable to get out for bathroom use or for any other reason. I understand we all have different body types and sizes but it's unfair for me to pay extra for more room yet getting the worst possible seat on the plane. I will never pay for "stretch" seating on Frontier I won't be flying with them again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This is the worst airline ever. Only use them if you are desperate and if you are plan to have a terrible experience. I have taken hundreds of flights good and bad and Frontier is one I will never take again. I've only used them three times but each time they have been delayed. I mean 20 minute delay fine but each flight has been delayed over an hour and usually close to two. One was weather related and okay of course that happens but other times there has been no excuse. And when I have talked to them on the phone they give no information for why its delayed! I've only taken this airline because it flies into an airport right by my parents so its easier when I go to visit them but Id much rather fly to Newark or JFK and take a train to my family! Lesson finally learned. But really Frontier get your stuff together.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Our flight was changed to us air. Me and my wife 2 children 1 being an infant had seating together and select seating. We were moved to another flight seated apart when there was an entire row above us for same price open. We were denied be able to have those seats and sit together. I had asked for a reason and none was given. I asked to speak to the air manager. What kind of business downgrades their customers to a worse seating arrangement when its the companies problem they had to move our flight? We also had to pay the baggage fee difference. Customer service was horrible I will have to say I would never book a flight with Frontier Airlines again and would gladly pay more to another airline that would accommodate their customers.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This airline could not provide a flight-crew for a flight from Kansas City to Boston so the flight was cancelled. We were then transferred to a flight to LaGuardia. We got to LaGuardia and had to switch terminals to the flight which was a US Airways flight with the rest of the people from our original flight. We got to the terminal and the flight had left and all other services to Boston had finished. We were told to go the baggage claim and take a bus to a hotel. Our bags had made it on the US Airways flight. We could not find the bus due to terrible communication skills between the passengers and the staff. However one very nice flight attendant on the flight to New York stepped outside the job description and helped passengers personally.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We were pleased with our flight from Chicago to Denver and Denver to Las Vegas. I wish they had told us ahead of time that the seats in front of the emergency door don't recline. Our son has to have a reclining seat and we were not told about this prior to purchasing our tickets.

Frontier Airlines customer review

LaGuardia-Denver-Phoenix. Incoming plane to LGA was delayed for mechanical reasons. Plane to DEN therefore left the gate 2 hours late. Sat on the Tarmac another hour and a half because of a fast moving storm. We all missed our flights out of DEN. Frontier denied responsibility for the delay secondary to the weather. Clearly if the incoming plane to LGA had been on time we would have left ahead of the storm and made it to our destination. I waited in line in Denver for an hour and a half to speak with the customer service agent who gave me incorrect information. I was finally booked on a flight leaving early the next morning to San Diego way out of my way with a transfer to PHX. Spent a sleepless night in Denver airport and got home 24 hours after the start of my journey.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Trenton to Orlando. I flew with my husband and my 2 young boys. Check in took a little while because there was only 2 girls at the counter. Security check did not take long but was thorough. The plane was on the smaller side but not any smaller than Spirit Airlines planes. The seats are a little smaller than your Continental airline seats. If you are a larger person and don't like tight spaces don't fly Frontier or Spirit airlines. Flight out was on time some turbulence mostly smooth. Flight back was about an hour behind but made up some time in the air. The attendants were nice. Cleanliness as average. I found some trash in the pocket seat in front of me. We had no problems with Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Denver to Spokane (March '13). We were put in the back seats that don't recline at all. The space to the seat in front of us was so close to us that ii even blocked our reading light. The stewardesses were sympathetic but apparently couldn't offer us the empty 'stretch' seats unless we paid an extra 25 dollars. The stewardess said the 'stretch seats' had actually created the lack of leg room between other seats. Frontier should not have back seats that are so cramped and certainly shouldn't be charging full price for them. While giving the usual free beverages we found it very cheap and tacky that Frontier doesn't even give a bag of pretzels. To have to pay for even music channels is very poor for customer relations.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

Booked a flight from MSP to DEN saved maybe 20 bucks on the flight. Started to taxi down the runway there was a problem where they told us they need to run tests that will take 45 minutes. 2 hours later they removed us from the plane. 3 more hours of unknown and no communication. Finally they routed a plane from another location and I touched down at 1.15 (2.15 local). Then it came time to come home my 3pm flight turned into the same thing this time we never boarded though. I waited in the DEN airport for mechanical issues until we were boarded at 8.15. I spent over 10 hours in one weekend waiting for Frontier Airlines. I have $300 in useless vouchers from one weekend - you could not pay me to fly with them again.