Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1971 reviews

Frontier Airlines customer review

My wife and I were scheduled to go to Los Angeles to visit our family today. Arrived at Frontier in Bismarck ND an hour before the flight (at 5.30am). Bismarck is a tiny airport and the last time I attempted to get there 2 hours prior to departure no one was there. When we arrived there was a large line at Frontier we waited for 20+ minutes and the lady at the check in stated that Denver (Frontier's hub) had shut down their computers and nobody else would be able to check in. The entire line missed their flight. This was due to the fact they opened the check in line later than they should have. They did not shut down the check in line 45 mins prior to the flight departing because they were trying to catch up from a combination of opening up so late and the incredibly slow service. Not only were there no other flights that day the flight for the next day was full and we were told Saturday was the first option. You would also think this would be at no additional charge you would be wrong to think that as well. They charge you transfer fees third party booking fees difference in the cost of the new ticket etc... So all in all we initially paid $635 for the tickets for the two of us then I paid $679 to put my wife on a Delta flight same day to get her to LA lastly I paid $399 for myself to fly from Dickinson to LA on Friday morning. Frontier gave me a credit for the flight I missed that ended up being worth $33. That doesn't even cover the gas for me to drive back from Bismarck after they caused me to miss my flight.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

I arrived at the gate with 40 minutes until departure. They would not give me a boarding pass! Additionally the rude lady at the counter would not re-book me or put me on standby for another flight. I had to buy new same day tickets with Southwest Airlines. Worst of all because I didn't make my outgoing flight they cancelled my return flight.

Frontier Airlines customer review

September 20th - first flight: ABQ to Denver and Flight 2 Denver to Seattle WA. Both flights were delayed. The boarding process was chaotic the boarding by zones served no purpose: we had to wait in line before boarding for at least half hour because passengers struggled to find a spot to store their carryon luggage and struggling to get to their seats causing heavy traffic in the aisle. Attendants seemed to be as confused as us not knowing what to do. I and other passengers had to check in their carryon as all the overhead compartments were full. The check- in agent did not seem to know what to do either. Finally arriving in Denver I headed to the customer service to make sure my carry-on would get to my final destination when I arrived at the counter the three employees who were not helping anyone literally ignored me for some time and then finally a rude employee did not really help me out but sent me to another gate in order to receive service. Second flight was delayed due to refuel process. Paying for entertainment may be justified but paying for non alcoholic beverages is not acceptable. I will definitely not fly with this airline ever again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We booked through Cheapo Air because tickets were cheaper. Well we made up for this at the airport when we checked our bags - $25 for checked bag and $20 for carry on - each. We followed online instructions that said it would be cheaper if we checked in online - so we did. I used my smartphone so could not print a boarding pass. At the completion of this online check in I got the message "online check-in confirmed" - this was witnessed by four other people. At the airport we were told that they had no record of our online check-in so had to pay $50 for checked bag and $25 for our carry-on. Not only that but the 3 of us did not get seats together. We had to approach the ticket counter every stop (4 times) and beg to get our seats changed so we could sit together. On two "legs" of our trip we got the very back row which was stuffy/hot/uncomfortable. If you have booked your flights together they should know that you want to sit together. It's ridiculous! It all comes down to booking with them so you will pay a higher fee for your ticket. One "leg" of our trip the flight was delayed almost one hour with no explanation no notification no apology. We would never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

9/13/2013 Flights: 231 Nashville to Denver 551 Denver to San Diego 563 Denver to San Diego. Travelers beware. Frontier is no longer what it once was. The ticket gate and customer service agents will - either through incompetence or deliberate false manipulation - frustrate your efforts to smooth out the hiccups caused by their poor schedule management. Flight delays and missed connections are tough luck - takes 12 hours to travel Nashville to San Diego or Chicago to Las Vegas or Austin to Denver. There were 100s of these stories just in one day. The staff denied that connections would be missed (they were) claimed all flights were delayed (they weren't) claimed later flights were full (not true). New militant carry on baggage measurements and charges don't ask for water coffee or a soda unless you have your credit card handy and don't count on them having anything edible on board. If you still decide to travel with this miserable airline the best of luck.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew Frontier approx 2 years ago to Vegas and had a bad experience then. I ignorantly decided to give them another try and flew to San Diego from Nashville with a layover in Denver same route back to Nashville. Not only was the check in staff rude but they messed up our seat assignments. My husband and I who were on our honeymoon checked in 2 hours early and they still managed to mess up our seat arrangements made during the booking process 4 months prior. We ended up having to fly seated separately. Normally we wouldn't be too upset but it was our honeymoon and we did check in with adequate time and booked our flights well in advance. Needless to say I will never use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I got an early flight from IND to PDX. Flight 613 was 2+ hours late so Frontier rebooked to later flight with 20 minute connection in DEN which was obviously missed. Rebooked again on Alaska Air to SFO then Virgin Air to PDX later that night. After traveling over 12 hours now my bags are in SEA waiting for next flight to PDX so I have to wait hours again! Bags never made flight! Drove to SEA airport to pick them up. Trip home 2 weeks later flight 792 from PDX on time only to find out in DEN that flight is actually delayed but not before running 40 gates to make a connection then running 40 gates back to new gate. All airport displays showing on time at wrong gate! Now sitting at new gate waiting hours again. Flight 1608 finally leaves well after 4.30 with a reserve pilot. Not once did we get to watch TV on any one segment of flight to or from PDX! I will look for other airlines in the future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We recently flew to and from Denver to Anchorage. Both were night flights. Your cabin and reading lights are awful. Those greyish/white lights make the plane feel like a parking garage and impossible to read by. Yes everyone is transitioning to new types of lighting but there are better lighting options out there.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Our flight ILG-MDW was wonderful. Wilmington airport was a breeze flight was pleasant arrived 30 minutes early. We upgraded to STRETCH seating which was very comfortable. Flight crew was extremely friendly and personable. I look forward to flying them in the future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew late July from Vegas to Cancun via Denver. Realised that bags had not been booked apparently you can not do this from UK. I attempted to book online day before leaving Vegas but was not permitted to do this. At airport we paid for bags and asked to have two seats together as my partner is a very nervous flyer. Check-in staff in Denver were lovely and quickly changed our seats. Staff on flights were probably the worst I have flown. Landing announcements were quite funny and instead of reminding passengers to check the overhead compartments for personal belongings we may have stored she said to check for any personal problems we may have left there. Didn't flying used to be fun and exciting and not a chore.