Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1971 reviews

Frontier Airlines customer review

My niece and her new husband were flying last Sunday 10/6 from SLC to Denver and on to Cancun. They arrived at the ticket counter at 6.45 am for a 7.25 flight to Denver. Frontier has a policy that you have to check in at the ticket counter 45 minutes before your flight. No where on the printed ticket did it say that. When they arrived the person at the ticket counter told them they were 5 minutes late so they would not let them check a bag or go through security. There were 6 other people in the same boat. When someone finally came back to the ticket counter 45 minutes later they charged an extra $200 and were told to come back tomorrow. Frontier went out of their way to make sure people didn't get on their flight. We will never fly Frontier.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

KC to Denver- my flight was due to leave at 8.30 am. At 9.00 it was announced that the flight was delayed and more announcements would follow. Announcement at 9.30 am the flight will be at 10.30. At 10.30 it was announced that at 1.00 it would be announced if the flight would be cancelled or rescheduled for later that day. Also was told to be thinking about booking a different flight just in case. I went to the ticket counter and asked about a different flight. I was given a flight to Chicago on a different airline and would catch a flight from there to Denver. I went to the gate of the different airline and noticed that I landed in O'Hare but flew out of Midway. I asked the person at the gate about it. He checked it and said to return to the ticket counter. By that time the line was very long and only 1 person was handling that canceled flight. 4 hours later I got to the counter. I had to stay the night and flew to Dallas to catch a flight to Denver from there. I lost 2 days of work extra parking fees.Told they would send me a $75 voucher. They can not pay me to fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I booked a flight from Org City to Bismarck ND on Sept 13 2013. We were 1 hour 40 min late leaving. Told we would keep same plane to go into Bismarck because the other plane had already left since we were late. When we arrived at Denver we were told that this plane was needed elsewhere and to go to the service desk. Waited in line for 2 hours got to a rep and was told that they did not have another flight to Bismarck until Monday. Told they would fly us to Fargo or Willison the next day and we could rent a car and go to Bismarck. They said we could see if United could get us in the next day for $500 one way but United did not honor them. I booked United I had a boot on my leg since I had fractured my foot and could not drive easily. When I called Frontier Customer services upon returning from my flight I was told that it was the weather. This is the worst airline I have flown.
Value For Money N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

August 8 2013 Salt Lake City to Denver Denver to Wilmington return. Frontier Airlines are unfriendly and crowded. They treated us like cattle as we were preparing to board. Do we have to expect rudeness and poor service to get a decent deal? How much can it cost to give us a small glass of orange juice? I wondered if this is just the way airline travel has become but my husband flew on Delta last week and was treated much better and enjoyed his juice. My sister flew on Southwest and even had a bag checked for free. I hope I never have to fly on Frontier again. If you had a spot for zero stars below rating travel experience I would rate zero stars. Frontier is definitely the worst in my experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I will never fly Frontier Airlines again. I booked a ticket from St Louis to Phoenix. I started off in St. Louis and connected through Denver to arrive in Phoenix. While in St. Louis I checked one bag for $25. I then paid an additional $45 to have "More Legroom Seating." and Zone 1 boarding. St. Louis leg was fine. Denver is where the issues take place. As I boarded in Zone 1 I was asked to step aside and stand in a line as the flight attendant needed to speak to me. I was informed that I needed to pay an additional $100 to carry my purse and computer bag onto this plane before I could get on my flight home. I explained to the flight attendants that I would have easily packed my computer into my existing bag that I checked in St. Louis. The flight attendant asked me to dump my purse into my computer bag. It was never mentioned to me in St. Louis that I may have to absorb an additional cost to carry my purse and computer bag onto plane. Beware of the lower priced fares of Frontier. They will charge you in the beginning middle and end! You could fly first class on other airlines.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew from Costa Rica to ATL stayed for 7 days then back to SFO. We were told we get one free baggage per person. I confirmed again a day before. At the check-in we had to pay for baggage simply because we had stayed 7 days in ATL so it is not considered international flight. Gate check-in was a joke. She grabbed our printed boarding pass and left us nothing to show our seat number. When we asked her she said 'You did not print 2 copies?". Really? I need to print 2 copies of boarding pass per person? Next the safety announcement at flight 429 on 10/9/2013 sounds like someone is forcing a 15 year old to read an English essay. I highly recommend travellers avoid this airline if you can.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was given this trip the purpose was to see a concert in Seattle and we were scheduled to arrive at 2 pm. Due to a weather delay our initial flight out of KC was delayed-this is not Frontier's fault. I asked the ticket counter clerk if I needed to be put on a later flight and that I was even willing to purchase a flight on another airline because I had to be in Seattle before 8 pm. The counter clerk told me this delay would cause a 'ripple' effect and that my flight out of Denver would be delayed. The flight out of Denver wasn't delayed and we missed it - and missed out on all of the flights that we could have booked when we were in KC. The only available flight was on a partner airline and arrived to Seattle at 11.15 because it had to go through Phoenix first. On the way back our flight was delayed again - this time it was not weather and we were automatically put on a later flight out of Denver to KC. This meant that we had to start our drive home 3 hours later than originally planned. Somehow we made it to Denver before our original flight left. They wouldn't let us on the plane. The ticket counter told me I had to change my ticket at customer service. Customer service called the ticket counter who told them we could not board the plane - that plane was actually delayed until 7.45. We sat and watched the plane we had purchased tickets for take off. I am giving them low ratings on everything because the seat comfort really doesn't matter when they can't do the basic job of getting you to one place when they say they will.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Left on Friday 10/4 at 6.15 am. First time flyer on Frontier. The ticket desk was horrible. They were so rude to each customer that went up to the ticket desk. It became the joke of the customers in line and than on flight. They acted as if we should be lucky they were there instead of treating us as the customers. Flight attendants were abrupt and never helpful or kind. Awful experience. When I got to my destination I talked with my son and his fiancee who flew the day before. Same thing happened to them. On the way home from Oklahoma City on 10/7 we had an amazing experience. My ratings below are on MPLS only.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I booked the flight via a 3rd party agent depart from Los Angeles to Indianapolis with one carry-on with me for the weekend. Arrived at LAX 20 minutes before departure. Incredibly I avoided the extremely long line and made it through the kiosk quickly but did not realize that they charge $25 carry-on fee for 3rd party booking users. So I got charged $100 at the terminal gate in order to board the flight instead of $25. The flight was delayed 40 minutes due to bad weather in their hub in Denver. On the returning flight I arrived at the Frontier counter in Indianapolis 50 minutes before departure. Few people in front of me and a few behind me at the counter with only 2 employees working there with extra slow pace. By the time I reach the counter I been told that their counter has been shut down 45 minutes prior to the departure as well as the Kiosk so there is no way for me to pass TSA without a boarding pass. Their employees were extremely rude with a bad attitude. Both left the counter and shut down everything. All they said was "read the sign and call the 1-800 numbers for help. I called the number but ended up wasting my time. It was $100 to reschedule which I did not accept. In the end I had to purchase a one- way flight from Delta across the lobby for $450.90 in order for me to get back to Los Angeles on Sunday. I have learned some lessons from this incident which I will definitely avoid Frontier Airline in my life.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family booked its trip on Frontier Airlines through Travelocity. From the time of booking to when we flew several changes were made that negatively impacted our trip greatly. We were not notified that because we had an economy ticket our carry-on bag would be $50 a bag to take on the plane along with no food or beverage except water. Also Frontier Airlines has implemented a new policy that if your boarding pass is not checked in 45 minutes prior to your flight you are not allowed on the plane and are to be rebooked. My family was traveling in a very small airport turned in our rental car and got in line about 50 minutes before the flight. Please note that there is no one in the security line and that it would take about 10 minutes to check in and go through security at this airport. As we are standing in line it is announced that my family along with 15 others will not be allowed on the plane and that we will need to rebook. Because it is a small airport the soonest that Frontier Airlines could get us to our destination was 2.5 days later. My family rented a car drove to another airport 7 hours away paid for new tickets on another airline and got home late that evening. Frontier Airlines is known as an airline for value however booking with them cost my family an additional $1200 and left many of their patrons sitting in the airport stranded. My family along with many extended members will never fly Frontier again and we will make sure to share this experience with as many people as possible. For a customer service industry this is unacceptable.