Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

Not a stellar flight from PDX to IAH but the return was truly horrid. We hit traffic got lost and arrived with just 20 minutes to departure but boarding passes and baggage fees receipts in hand because we knew we had to check baggage due to there extreme size and weight policies. There was no one at the counter. It turns out they close the counter 45 minutes before departure. Really? 2.5 hours later around 20 people were waiting to check in. I had to pay $100 to rebook the next day and get a hotel.

(Barbados)

Frontier airlines was the 2nd part of our journey to our vacation in Seattle to be honest our first flight was with AA and that was horrible. The crew on AA nothing memorable but Frontier staff were so pleasant. I made sure when booking our flights that the connecting flights were at least 2hrs apart the service on Frontier was great and I will definitely fly with them again but this time we'll upgrade to more leg room. My Husband and I were quite happy and will use this airline again whenever we can.

Frontier Airlines customer review

The customer service on Frontier is lacking. On a recent trip from Chicago to Denver changing planes then Denver to SLC I was frustrated by the lack of compassion by the Frontier staff. My daughter has MS and uses forearm crutches. Because we booked on a third party site the attendant assigned us a seat on the back row of the plane. It was very difficult for my daughter to navigate her way to the back of the plane. From Denver to SLC I asked the gate attendant if my daughter could please get a seat with more leg room closer to the front of the plane. He said they had a seat with more leg room on row 2 however it would cost an additional $15 for each of the three seats we needed. I did not think someone who is disabled should have to pay to be accommodated. While we were waiting to board the plane he announced several times that there was seating with additional leg room available for $5 or $15 depending on your type of ticket. In the end the seats with additional legroom were empty and my daughter had to go to the back row of the plane. Another frustration was we had to pay $85 to check our baggage because our third party ticket did not allow for carry-on luggage. Then there was the tackiness of having to pay for a soft drink and snacks again because we purchased our ticket through a third party. If you're going to treat customers poorly because they booked their ticket through a third party then don't offer tickets through third parties like Jet Blue does. All of their nickel and dime policies make me want to spend my dollars traveling with another airline.

Frontier Airlines customer review

KC to Denver- my flight was due to leave at 8.30 am. At 9.00 it was announced that the flight was delayed and more announcements would follow. Announcement at 9.30 am the flight will be at 10.30. At 10.30 it was announced that at 1.00 it would be announced if the flight would be cancelled or rescheduled for later that day. Also was told to be thinking about booking a different flight just in case. I went to the ticket counter and asked about a different flight. I was given a flight to Chicago on a different airline and would catch a flight from there to Denver. I went to the gate of the different airline and noticed that I landed in O'Hare but flew out of Midway. I asked the person at the gate about it. He checked it and said to return to the ticket counter. By that time the line was very long and only 1 person was handling that canceled flight. 4 hours later I got to the counter. I had to stay the night and flew to Dallas to catch a flight to Denver from there. I lost 2 days of work extra parking fees.Told they would send me a $75 voucher. They can not pay me to fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My niece and her new husband were flying last Sunday 10/6 from SLC to Denver and on to Cancun. They arrived at the ticket counter at 6.45 am for a 7.25 flight to Denver. Frontier has a policy that you have to check in at the ticket counter 45 minutes before your flight. No where on the printed ticket did it say that. When they arrived the person at the ticket counter told them they were 5 minutes late so they would not let them check a bag or go through security. There were 6 other people in the same boat. When someone finally came back to the ticket counter 45 minutes later they charged an extra $200 and were told to come back tomorrow. Frontier went out of their way to make sure people didn't get on their flight. We will never fly Frontier.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

I booked a flight from Org City to Bismarck ND on Sept 13 2013. We were 1 hour 40 min late leaving. Told we would keep same plane to go into Bismarck because the other plane had already left since we were late. When we arrived at Denver we were told that this plane was needed elsewhere and to go to the service desk. Waited in line for 2 hours got to a rep and was told that they did not have another flight to Bismarck until Monday. Told they would fly us to Fargo or Willison the next day and we could rent a car and go to Bismarck. They said we could see if United could get us in the next day for $500 one way but United did not honor them. I booked United I had a boot on my leg since I had fractured my foot and could not drive easily. When I called Frontier Customer services upon returning from my flight I was told that it was the weather. This is the worst airline I have flown.
Value For Money N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

August 8 2013 Salt Lake City to Denver Denver to Wilmington return. Frontier Airlines are unfriendly and crowded. They treated us like cattle as we were preparing to board. Do we have to expect rudeness and poor service to get a decent deal? How much can it cost to give us a small glass of orange juice? I wondered if this is just the way airline travel has become but my husband flew on Delta last week and was treated much better and enjoyed his juice. My sister flew on Southwest and even had a bag checked for free. I hope I never have to fly on Frontier again. If you had a spot for zero stars below rating travel experience I would rate zero stars. Frontier is definitely the worst in my experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I will never fly Frontier Airlines again. I booked a ticket from St Louis to Phoenix. I started off in St. Louis and connected through Denver to arrive in Phoenix. While in St. Louis I checked one bag for $25. I then paid an additional $45 to have "More Legroom Seating." and Zone 1 boarding. St. Louis leg was fine. Denver is where the issues take place. As I boarded in Zone 1 I was asked to step aside and stand in a line as the flight attendant needed to speak to me. I was informed that I needed to pay an additional $100 to carry my purse and computer bag onto this plane before I could get on my flight home. I explained to the flight attendants that I would have easily packed my computer into my existing bag that I checked in St. Louis. The flight attendant asked me to dump my purse into my computer bag. It was never mentioned to me in St. Louis that I may have to absorb an additional cost to carry my purse and computer bag onto plane. Beware of the lower priced fares of Frontier. They will charge you in the beginning middle and end! You could fly first class on other airlines.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew from Costa Rica to ATL stayed for 7 days then back to SFO. We were told we get one free baggage per person. I confirmed again a day before. At the check-in we had to pay for baggage simply because we had stayed 7 days in ATL so it is not considered international flight. Gate check-in was a joke. She grabbed our printed boarding pass and left us nothing to show our seat number. When we asked her she said 'You did not print 2 copies?". Really? I need to print 2 copies of boarding pass per person? Next the safety announcement at flight 429 on 10/9/2013 sounds like someone is forcing a 15 year old to read an English essay. I highly recommend travellers avoid this airline if you can.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was given this trip the purpose was to see a concert in Seattle and we were scheduled to arrive at 2 pm. Due to a weather delay our initial flight out of KC was delayed-this is not Frontier's fault. I asked the ticket counter clerk if I needed to be put on a later flight and that I was even willing to purchase a flight on another airline because I had to be in Seattle before 8 pm. The counter clerk told me this delay would cause a 'ripple' effect and that my flight out of Denver would be delayed. The flight out of Denver wasn't delayed and we missed it - and missed out on all of the flights that we could have booked when we were in KC. The only available flight was on a partner airline and arrived to Seattle at 11.15 because it had to go through Phoenix first. On the way back our flight was delayed again - this time it was not weather and we were automatically put on a later flight out of Denver to KC. This meant that we had to start our drive home 3 hours later than originally planned. Somehow we made it to Denver before our original flight left. They wouldn't let us on the plane. The ticket counter told me I had to change my ticket at customer service. Customer service called the ticket counter who told them we could not board the plane - that plane was actually delayed until 7.45. We sat and watched the plane we had purchased tickets for take off. I am giving them low ratings on everything because the seat comfort really doesn't matter when they can't do the basic job of getting you to one place when they say they will.