Freebird Airlines

(Italy)

Awful experience. First of all there was a sudden modification of the route, making us go from Bodrum to Naples and then from Naples to Bari; moreover we were left to ourselves for five and more hours - just standing there, not even at the airport, but on the aircraft, without receiving any information. Arrived after four hours awaiting, to come back to Bari with a bus. When asked the flight crew we received no answer. We finally took off at almost 2300hrs with a huge delay, and when we arrived at destination, none of the baggage did. Today, after three days, no news has come from the airline, only responsible for our current situation. Our baggage seems to be stuck at the airport in Naples.
RouteBodrum to Bari
Date FlownAugust 2015

Freebird Airlines customer review

FHY 650 6th April 2015 return FHY649/650 13th April (via Birmingham). Nightmare airline. I am average height (1.75m) and I found the legroom extremely restricting. I understand the concept of adding seats to make the cost cheaper but this is ridiculous. Flew from Manchester to Izmir over 4 hours. You can get away with this sardine container for short haul but is inappropriate for longer flights. The plastic rear panels on 75% of the seats were split due to the pressure on one's knees that tells you something. Small quantities of tea coffee or water are complimentary but everything else is paid for and pricey too! I will never fly this airline again.

Freebird Airlines customer review

Freebird used as part of an RSD Travel package. Manchester to Istanbul on 25 Feb 2015 was on time which was just as well since legroom was the least I have come across with my knees against the back of the seat in front when I was sitting upright. (I am 5ft 11 inches tall). The seat back is designed with a recess where magazines are usually stored and magazines are in a small pocket behind the headrest. There was no space between myself and the folddown tray (I have a 34 inch waist). Food purchased was of usual expected basic standard. The homeward trip on 4 March from Antalya was in a newer aircraft and legroom was increased so that it was not a problem. The accents of the cabin crew made it difficult to understand over a poor loudspeaker system (feedback problems) and I would question the staff's level of English comprehension. The problem on this flight was that first UK landing point was Birmingham and once the Birmingham passengers had left the plane Manchester passengers asked to retrieve their hand luggage so that it could be seen that there was no unidentified luggage left. We were then told that we would have to get off to let the plane be cleaned and given no further information. On exiting the plane I asked the cabin staff where we should go and was told to go to the transit lounge. Upon leaving the aircraft we were handed a card which was a proxy for a boarding pass for the next leg of our flight. We had to follow the general arrivals route (no signs for any transit lounge) and then guess that upon reaching the general airport concourse should follow the route to departures At which point the boarding passes would not give clearance through the access turnstiles without airport staff intervention and bypassing the turnstiles. We then had to go through passport control and airport security where I commented on my surprise at our lack of information on what we should be doing only to be told that this happened every week with this flight. On boarding the aircraft we were then told to sit in any unoccupied seat. (The Birmingham passengers outbound for Istanbul having already boarded). We were 30 mins late in getting into Manchester where we again had to go through passport control and customs. The airline should properly inform passengers what is required of them in these transit situations and properly brief their staff. I would not recommend independent travellers to purchase flights with Freebird as it is currently run.

Freebird Airlines customer review

My wife and I have just returned from Turkey flying with Freebird. I had read previous reviews and was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised. The A320 that we flew in was clean and comfortable. The legroom was better than that usually experienced with Ryanair and Easyjet. The plane seemed to be well maintained and the cabin staff were pleasant and attentive. Food and drink was comparable in quality and price with other budget airlines. The flight was as good as a four hour flight can be without inflight entertainment. I would certainly fly with them again and have no problem with recommending them to other travelers.

Freebird Airlines customer review

Used this airline as part of a package deal to Izmir Turkey. The outbound flight was typical for a charter airline but the inbound flight was poor with a number of safety concerns. The seat in front was reclined as soon as the fasten seat belts sign had been switched off. Usual problem of hitting my knees. Tried to recline my seat but the passenger behind objected. Left with a small space for the 4-hour flight. This is bad enough but at no time during pre-landing checks was the passenger asked to move his seat forward. There were four passes of cabin staff that failed to spot this. Also the arm rest was broken on the outside seat so it would have been almost impossible to make a quick exit. At no time was anything other than the statement "fasten seatbelts" made before landing. No mention of electronic devices seat position etc. I accept this is a charter airline but safety should not be compromised.

Freebird Airlines customer review

Recently flew to Antalya with Freebird and returned to Gatwick a week later. Having read some of the reviews before travelling I was unsure what to expect. There was limited leg room but no worse than other charter airlines I have flown with. The information provided during flight was adequate and understandable. Tea coffee or water were provided free of charge. We didn't purchase any food so cannot comment on this. On the return journey my husband was taken ill shortly after take off and the cabin crew could not have been more helpful. They remained very attentive during the entire flight especially the two female crew at the rear of the cabin. Both flights were on time and otherwise uneventful.

Freebird Airlines customer review

To Izmir. My husband is 6. 2" tall and I am 5.10". We could not believe it when we sat down my husband could not get his legs in the seat space he had to spend the whole journey out with knees in the aisle. Coming back yesterday we made sure our cases went on the bus last so we could grab them quick on arrival and head the queue to get an exit seat which we did and it was much more comfortable. We didn't eat anything so can't comment on that. Would never travel with them again. We have done lots of travelling and it is the leaat leg room we have had. The flight was on time both ways.

Freebird Airlines customer review

Flew to Turkey return with Freebird never again. They get away with the minimum seat depth by having a cut out in the seat in front. I am average height and build but my knees were tight up against the seat in front even though I sat right back in my very upright seat. Extremely uncomfortable. Fancy something to eat or drink? Don't bother both are revolting unless you buy water as there is no free water.

Freebird Airlines customer review

I was unfortunate enough to use this Airline as part of a package deal to Turkey. The seats were in a poor state of repair and loose. I am sure that there was no cushioning material in either of the seats that I sat in. The leg room was absolutely appalling with my knees poking into the seat in front and I am only 5' 7"! The food was expensive and of poor quality plastic chicken and the Tuna Sandwich was no better. The Cabin staff spoke in heavy accented English which was difficult to understand. Freebird claim to be a young airline but you still can't use a credit card on board.

Freebird Airlines customer review

I flew from Manchester to Antalya on 2nd April 2014 and returned a week later. Not having previously heard of the airline and being 6'4" tall with commensurate leg length I decided to read the reviews and found them to be rather depressing on the whole. I tried to reserve a seat with additional leg length but was unable to do so due to company policy. My concerns (mainly caused by the reviews) were not realised as I requested and was provided with suitable seating on both the outward and return journeys. All staff were extremely pleasant and courteous. Free soft drinks and a sandwich was provided. The plane appeared to be fairly new with leather seating so all I would say to those like me who read the reviews before making their first journey with the airline is to accept this as a fair and balanced report and ignore the more sensationalist reviews that I read prior to departure.