Freebird Airlines

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Antalya to Nürnberg. I was pleasantly surprised, very good for a low cost company. Staff spoke both english and german, very polite, professional and well dressed staff. Departed as planned. Food and refreshment available on board. I will be glad to fly with Freebird in the future too.
RouteAntalya to Nürnberg
Date FlownAugust 2019

"leg room was extremely cramped"

Not Verified | Exeter to Antalya. Worst flight I have ever been on. I'm 6ft2 and the leg room was extremely cramped. The flight was unstable, there was zero ac on both flights so it was very very hot. The food was expensive and poorly displayed menus. Delayed flight with no explanations and bad timings for take offs. Would avoid at all costs and will be contacting TUI.
RouteExeter to Antalya
Date FlownAugust 2019

"worst airline I've been on"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | The worst airline I've been on. The whole thing started with a 30 min delay on the departure from Bergen to Antalya. Everything went good when we boarded the plain. Then the food was about to be served, i wanted to buy something to drink. But i couldnt do that because they only accepted cash on this flight and i had no cash on me because normally every normal airline would have a card terminal for those who dont have nothing else but a visa/mastercard available. On the home bound flight a week later, same thing 30 min delay on departure. When we checked in, and finally got on the plane. Everybody had to show their boarding card because they wanted to see if this was the "correct" flight. And that gave us another delay on the departure time. And then we finally took off from Antalya and the next problem was when the cabin crew tried to speak over the speakers onboard you did not understand. If there would have been a emergency issue on the way, nobody would have understood anything. They should have had a recording that they played while taxiing out.
AircraftA321-200
RouteBergen to Antalya via Bergen
Date FlownJuly 2019

"would thoroughly recommend"

Trip Verified | We flew from Bristol to Antalya and back and would thoroughly recommend travelling with Freebird Airlines. The flights were on time, very comfortable seats, we paid for extra legroom and there was more than enough room. The flight wasn't full so passengers were able to spread out which was nice. The hostesses were very pleasant, drinks were rather expensive but no dearer than other airlines, and the duty free on the way back was far cheaper than in the airport.
RouteBristol to Antalya
Date FlownJune 2019

"Everything went perfectly well"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Antalya. Perfect flight for a reasonable price. Amazing punctuality, really soft touchdown on a stormy day. This was my first time flying with Freebird Airlines. When I first checked the tickets and saw this flight, I felt so lucky to find a direct flight to my hometown. Right after I bought the tickets I wanted to look for the customer reviews since I haven't heard about this airline before. I was so shocked and couldn't believe how in the world an airline can get this bad comments. The flight day, I arrived to Schiphol expecting bad service and many problems but it didn't happen. Everything went perfectly well. Pushback started exactly on time at 12.00 and touched down to Antalya at 17.30 as it's said on the ticket. Not even one minute late. It was one of my most comfortable flights. Thank you so much.
AircraftA320-200
RouteAmsterdam to Antalya
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Great flight both ways"

Trip Verified | Doncaster to Antalya. Great flight - both ways. Having read previous reviews I feared the worst when told that our family would be flying with Freebird - we travel a lot and I had never heard of them before. As often happens, reviews that are extremely negative turn out to be just that. We found Freebird to be on a par with most other European flights we make. From checking in to landing all went well and on time. Criticising economy airline food is a waste of time, it is what it is and Freebird do a good enough job. They do announce what food is on offer rather than hand out ‘menus ‘, which I guess you could complain about but it didn’t stop my grandkids from eating heartily (the chicken soup comes highly recommend). And yes the crew were very friendly, but then we are friendly family and that always helps.
RouteDoncaster to Antalya
Date FlownAugust 2018

"breakfast was inedible"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Bodrum. Very expensive tickets as it is a monopoly. Chose the deluxe option and the only good things was that my bags arrived quickly before the others. The champagne as part of this option was disgusting and warm. The breakfast was inedible, just a slab of cream cheese wrapped in a rubber omlette. The seats uncomfortable, plane old and staff unhelpful. Would never fly with Freebird Airlines again.
RouteBrussels to Bodrum
Date FlownAugust 2018

"7 hours 30 minutes late"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Erçan via Antalya. Check in at Gatwick and Erçan was extremely slow. Most of the group were senior citizens and standing for nearly an hour with no seating or liquid refreshment available was most unpleasant. We had to disembark at Antalya on the return journey and were prevented from entering the terminal for over an hour. 9 hours later we were able to continue the journey, arriving 7 hours 30 minutes late.
RouteGatwick to Erçan via Antalya
Date FlownMay 2018

"Worst airline I have travelled"

Verified Review | Dalaman to Bournemouth. Having been told of a 3 hour delay as soon as we got to the airport, the most expensive airport in the world I spent £40 just on a few basic drinks and food. Then wen we got told to board we had to wait another 30 minutes as of a delay in the sweltering heat. Worst airline I have ever travelled with.
RouteDalaman to Bournemouth
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"most comfortable flights"

Verified Review | Dalaman to Bournemouth. One of the most comfortable flights in economy for a long time, the staff were courteous, they all spoke English well. The plane looked new, on time and a comfortable flight. We live in Bournemouth approx 15 mins from the airport so to find 2 one way flights home instead of the jaunt to Gatwick was great, it saved us hours. It is a pity there is not a scheduled flight from Bournemouth to Dalaman, the Thomson service is really a charter service, if you don't take their accommodation and are wanting flight only for longer than 2 weeks in duration it costs a fortune. Gatwick or Bristol is a lot cheaper, but a pain. It's a pity EasyJet or Ryanair don't fly from Bournemouth, they could charge a premium as it saves the stress and strain from going to Gatwick, Bournemouth Airport has a catchment of millions within an hours drive.
RouteDalaman to Bournemouth