FlySafair

"very competent flight crew"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | From one of the friendliest check-in staff and very competent flight crew, perfect flight. On time departure, good legroom on board, loved my flight with FlySafair!
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Shame on you Safair for poor service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | My mother in law who is 88 years old was booked to go to Durban as an assisted passenger. At Or Tambo airport a Safair staff member escorted her to the boarding area of the plane. When she got to Durban, she and an elderly couple who were also as assisted passengers, waited on board to be helped out the plane. This service was not forthcoming by the cabin crew. They decided to then disembark by themselves, because they were not attended to. When my mother in law went to collect her luggage which was supposed to be on carousel 4, it was nowhere to be found, she was given the run around on the collection area. Eventually it was found on carousel 1, imagine a frail 88 year old person trying to take her luggage of the carousel by herself, she could have fallen and injured herself. She was traumatized and disrespected in this process. This could have been prevented if Safair cabin crew had done their job's and escorted her and the other elderly couple of the plane. Shame on you Safair for poor service and disrespecting elderly people, where's your sense of Ubunyi?
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Overall cannot complain"

Not Verified | Check in easy and quick baggage check smooth. Plane left on time. Landed a head of schedule. Slight tired interior. Staff on board friendly. Overall cannot complain.
RouteJohannesburg to Port Elizabeth
Date FlownOctober 2022

"more than 50 minutes for our luggage"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Landed at 16:20 Disembarked at 16:25. This is the info given to our transport. Then waited until 17:20 - that is more than 50 minutes for our luggage! We phoned the airport manager. He informed us that Safair chose not to use the airport’s luggage transport, but their own, which is LPO Agents. There was an official sitting where the luggage was supposed to come out. She did not even look up (from her afternoon nap!). Would have been nice if she could have just informed everybody why no luggage was coming? Shockingly bad service!
RouteLanseria to Cape Toen
Date FlownOctober 2022

"staff on plane excellent"

Trip Verified | Once again, flight on time / early. Contact centre easy to get hold of and organized a change efficiently. Check in online no hassle, staff on plane excellent, comps to Robin on this mornings flight, she was a great example of working with a smile. The only negative is obviously the increase in flight costs but that's everywhere.
RouteLanseria to Durban
Date FlownOctober 2022

"stop stealing our time, money and energy"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. FA 477 and 478 always have faults and flights are delayed. My wife and I commute between Durban and Johannesburg. This is the second time now that one of her flights will be 3hrs delayed. This is entirely unacceptable and inexcusable. We spend so much money for this ridiculous service with poorly trained staff. Wake up and stop stealing our time, money and energy.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Smooth, efficient flight experiences"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Cape Town and return. Smooth, efficient flight experiences both ways. Website worked well for purchase and check-in. Bag check-in only begins 2 hours before departure. As a result, the queue at the bag check-in counter for flight 161 was very long as Safair has a number of flights departing Durban in the late morning and noon hour. Was happy I had paid for priority (standard) service as the queue was very short for the priority desk check-in and bag drop. Both flights were completely full. One huge plus for this airline is the seats cannot be reclined. Good decision, Safair! Snacks and beverages were offered for sale on both flights. Maybe it was my ears, but the cabin of the 737-800 seemed to me to be noisier than the cabin of the older 737-400 we rode on coming back. We struggled to hear the pilot's announcements on the -800, but could understand the announcements with no problem on the -400. My daughter commented that the legroom on the -400 seemed to be greater than on the -800. Both flights arrived and departed on time. At both airports, our bags were waiting for us on the carousel upon our arrival. We'll definitely fly with this airline again.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 400
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Crew were friendly and efficient"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Excellent flights between Johannesburg and Mauritius. We paid for extra legroom (which was worth the money as normal seats are quite cramped). Both flights left on time and arrived slightly ahead of schedule. Crew were friendly and efficient and we were even provided with a box of food which was unexpected.
RouteJohannesburg to Mauritius
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I had to forfeit my ticket"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Flysafair has very poor service. I missed my flight to Durban because my international flight was delayed. Upon arrival at OR Tambo, I paid to be on standby, but it appears many people were being placed before me. I will never ever take it again. I had to forfeit my ticket and purchase another ticket from another airline.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownMay 2022

"Absolute ridiculous service"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Absolute ridiculous service on a flight delay of more than 4 hours. Firstly the airline issues some vanilla notice as if this is standard practice, and later on even tried to argue that I’m not entitled to go on standby for an earlier flight as the original flight was only delayed not cancelled. Secondly, there is still no explanation or even apology for the terrible service provided. Clearly Safair’s dominant position on the domestic flight market is going to their heads and timekeeping or customer service is no longer of much concern.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town