FlySafair

"I had the best flight"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Cape Town. I had the best flight with my 3 kids. Best staff. Was assisted by staff who went out of their way to make sure that our experience was the best. They really are an asset to the company. Everything went smoothly, on time and well organised.
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Customer care extremely poor"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. Customer care is extremely poor. FlySafair is another typical airline with zero scruples. They are willing to make one pay additional for a flight change but reimbursement for a cheaper flight isn't re-compensated. One should just clap their hands and be thankful.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg

"pathetic staff service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Absolutely pathetic staff service at baggage check. First the staff where arguing amongst each other as none wanted to help me. Then the lady looked me in the eye and mumbled stuff in her own language twice during the process. Never smiled once and did not exchange any pleasantries. I will next time pay more just to avoid this type of service
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg

"Excellent service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. Excellent. The flight departed on time and actually reached early. The airline also kept me posted on all aspects of the flight. I even got an SMS indicating the carousel number of my baggage. Excellent service and I will definitely fly with Flysafair again
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownNovember 2019

"my dissatisfaction as a customer"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I was so excited as this was my first time flying. I arrived early so I wouldn't miss my flight from Joburg to Durban I then checked in and was then told to go to gate C12 at 9h30 Am, then a lady checked our tickets and advised we can go sit elsewhere as we were complaining of the coldness of the boarding area. She then advised we can come back at 10h50 for Boarding . When we returned we found 2 lines and were not sure which one to join so I went in front to ask the lady who was going through the line checking the ticket which line to join and she just said go at the back of the line to me and other people who were also enquiring about the same thing. We then all went to the back of the Priority boarding line as per her instructions ,n ext thing we know after standing in the line she tells us we standing in the wrong line and we need to go at the back of the other line. I was so disappointed at her lack of customer care etiquette and strongly feel it should be addressed. We then arrive at our Destination and we were seated at least 3 seats from the back so we took that time to take Selfies of us inside the plain for the 1st time while moving to the front to my shock the English lady flight attendant rudely told us to stop taking selfies and vacate the plain. I asked her why she had to be so rude as it is not as if we were still seated but moving to the front. She responded by rolling her eyes and didn't bother acknowledging my dissatisfaction as a customer nor did she apologize either.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"gladly fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. On this short flight everything went fine. Boarding in Capetown was fast and well-organized - they seem to be really good in efficiently handling arriving and boarding passengers. Staff was nice. Slim Boeing seats are terrible, but bearable on this trip. Catering is at the lower end, but prices are ok. Arrival at remote position, but again very efficient in getting us into the terminal. Will gladly fly with them again.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"suitcases were damaged"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | My complaint is not necessarily with the Airline but more so with the Ground Staff at either OR Tambo or George airports or Both. In the past year I have noticed a lot of Scratches and dents on our luggage. ( This even on the Cape Town Flights). We have even gone as far as wrapping them at a hefty price to try and protect them.( Wrapping price has jumped rapidly over a short time - Currently R90-00 and expecting it to be R100-00 soon). On our trip yesterday (FA 228 16h05 - OR Tambo to Georg ) I was horrified at the condition of my and my Wife's suitcases. We specifically purchased more expensive and robust luggage cases to prevent damage. Well to no avail as they were damaged. One can clearly see that the suit cases were carelessly and violently thrown from a distance. Many people are complaining of the same thing. Then there was also the situation of the Airbridge at Gate C 13 at OR Tambo that is out of order. Many old people and ladies with babies had to walk down the stairs onto ground level and back up into the plane. This is very unprofessional for a Major Airport.
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Crew weren't helpful at all"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Durban. Had a bit of a struggle breathing while on board. Decided to move to the back of the plane as the passenger next to me was asleep and leaning towards me, which was a bit uncomfortable. Crew weren't helpful at all. Found me by the cabin, but asked me to move back as they had to get on with their work. Props to the fellow passenger who offered to help.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownAugust 2019

"staff went out of their way"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Sat 25 Aug 2019 my dad had to take a flight from George to Johannesburg via Safair, but forgot his ID book at home and could not board the flight. He had to get his ID book and come back for the later flight, but was without transport to get back home. The staff went out of their way and beyond to assist him and made sure he got onto the next available flight even assisting him to sort out his ID to be able to board. We just want to thank these two people and give them our sincerest appreciation - we have never had customer service like this - Thank you so much - you guys are amazing.

"unprofessional staff experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | George to Johannesburg. This was the most unprofessional staff experience I ever come across in my life. The woman at the ticket office in George does not deserve to have a job. She was rude, unprofessional and seemingly untrained for the position she is hired for. To the point where we cancelled our ticket and booked with Kulula air. The flysafair can take about a 100 tips from them.