FlySafair

"Everything went smoothly"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | No-frills ride from Durban to Cape Town. Everything went smoothly. Check-in was very busy because several flights were all leaving at the same time, but the queue flowed nicely and the wait wasn't too long. Onboard, the seats don't recline, a huge plus in my mind! We'll ride with them again.
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownJuly 2021

"like to thank you once again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Missing our flight - Our daughter sent us surprising news and photos of her engagement. This then ended up in calls of joy and needless to say loss track of time and missed our flight. Feeling like naughty school kids, we had to go and collect our luggage and go to the booking office and explain the situation and showing the pictures of the engagement as a reason for missing the flight. I must say, it was quite laughable for all and the situation was turned around by an overwhelming gesture from FlySafair and the Cape Town staff working on the 26th June at around 18:30 to 22:00 for there professionalism, understanding, friendliness and patients and by rebooking us on a flight the next day "free of charge". The wife and I would like to thank you once again from the bottom of our hearts and will see you on our next flight.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownJune 2021

"Thank you for helping me"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Good day FlySafair. I would like to thank the manager ands the two other gents whom assisted me with my baggage at the check in counter after being refused to go through the gate for having too many bags. Thank you for helping me through the airport staff entrance in order for me not to miss my flight due to repacking my bags. Sadly I did not catch their names but they will know whom they are. My flight was at 3.55pm Johannesburg to George Regards.
RouteJohannesburg to George
Date FlownMay 2021

"I would not recommend using their services"

Trip Verified | Due to the flight being cancelled as a result of COVID my party of 3 were unable to fly in March 2020. I have been trying to get a refund but have only been offered vouchers. These are of no use to us as we live in the UK and are not going to South Africa again. I have had to accept only 55% of the value of the tickets in a cash refund as the airline has taken 45%. The airline said they did not cancel the flight the government did. I was able to get a full refund from Emirates who were to fly us to South Africa and back. Keeping 45% of the money is dishonest in my view. Were I ever to visit SA again I would not fly with them. In these uncertain times of COVID I would not recommend using their services.
RouteCape Town to East London
Date FlownJune 2020

"I’ve always preferred FlySafair but not anymore"

(South Africa)

I’ve always preferred FlySafair but not anymore. I needed to change my flight about 5 days prior but the system was down. I kept calling daily, asked a friend to do this for me at the airport but got absolutely no assistance. On the day of departure, at the boarding gate, I was told that the gate closed a minute before I arrived and my bag was already offloaded. So offloading my bag took a minute I suppose. All this could have been avoided had I gotten help changing my flight. The staff attitude is the worst! I’m disappointed! Definitely hoping I never have to fly with them! So much for the cheapest airline, now I understand why it’s important to pay a little extra for an exceptional service.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town

FlySafair customer review

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Due to the system failure we couldn't book in online. Since we traveled from far we arrived minutes late at check-in and they refused to let us through and promised to put us on the next available flight with no additional costs. However they charged us an extra R2000. This is extremely unprofessional from an airline which knew their booking system was at fault. Will never fly with them again.
RouteDurban to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2021

"overall a satisfactory experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | This was overall a satisfactory experience. I was particularly pleased with COVID protocols which eliminated any contact. Boarding was not done in groups which I feel is necessary in these times. There was a ground staff member going down the line checking IDs which is commendable to ease scanning. Upon entry into the cabin there was hand sanitizer available. Crew was friendly and the trip was on par with others by Safair that I was happy with. The crew were courteous and presentable. We arrived on time.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownApril 2021

"regretfully a terrible experience"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | This is my 2nd time flying with Fly Safair and it was regretfully a terrible experience as I reached Fly Safair at 7:30 my Flight was for 7:55, I was advised that the doors are already closed this has been the 2nd time I was told to reschedule my flight and pay and additional R647.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not respectful to senior passengers"

(Zambia)

Not Verified | Staff were semi friendly but not respectful to senior passengers, our luggage was man handled, one suitcase was damaged on the corner. My husband and I will never ever use local airlines again, you guys can actually go and learn from other countries about customer service and respect for the elderly, Zambian airlines crew have very friendly cabin crew and service.
RouteFrom King Shaka to O.R Tambo via Limpopo
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I felt robbed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. The worst customer service ever, I was made to pay for a 7kg hand bag. This is the hand bag that I always travel with and no one bothered to explain how on earth my bag was charged without measuring it. I felt robbed and still want my refund.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town