flydubai

flydubai customer review

The negative reviews of FlyDubai must have been written by people who have never flown Ryanair. Flight from Kabul to Dubai was on time. Aircraft brand new. Legroom excellent. Staff charming. Choice of food limited expensive but tasty enough. Best of all you can buy alcohol - which after a long dry spell in Afghanistan is a treat - even on a breakfast-time flight!

(Afghanistan)

Really disappointed! Flight from Kabul delayed by 6 hours and I missed connecting flight. Customer service at Dubai terminal 2 was non existent and I had to pay for new flight. I complained and they suggested I travel into Kabul to book with their agency. I made clear my company would not let me travel in Kabul due to the security risk. I received no reply after this. I will never travel with this company again and will find alternative airline even if the costs more.

flydubai customer review

We flew from UAE to Turkey by another discount airline with our carry on luggage. Returning we flew FlyDubai. We shopped and accumulated check-in luggage - what a mistake. We tried to purchase the credit for this online and couldn't. Getting to the airport we were prepared to pay for this extra luggage. Then we learned what the 7kg rule is. They weighed my purse carry on luggage and this extra checked in luggage and then deducted the 7kg off to calculate my total cost for checked in luggage. The other airline didn't even look at my carry on luggage more less than weighed it. At a cost of 10Euros a kg this was absurd and a costly lesson flying FlyDubai. It didn't help that the staff behind the desk couldn't explain the situation.

flydubai customer review

Erbil/Arbil to Dubai. Flight quite empty so lots of space however seating would have been quite comfortable even if the flight had been fuller - I had less legroom on much more renowned carriers (as a 187 cm person). Clean aircraft cabin staff friendly seating comfortable in seat IFE - however films and music have to be paid for as do food and drinks (pricing acceptable). Nice additional benefit: arrival in Terminal 2 in DXB - no queues on immigration as compared to Terminal 1 so this is one very strong argument to fly flyDubai!

flydubai customer review

Supposed to fly on FZ159 to Beirut at 6.45 pm flight delayed 40 min. When they announced boarding I went to the gate and stood in the queue. The board was showing Beirut FZ 159 final call. The queue did not move for almost 30 min when I reached the gate I was informed I was offloaded from the flight because I reported late to the gate. In fact the gate had started boarding another flight to Bahrain. When I explained to the Fly Dubai staff that I was waiting for 30 mins they simply neglected me and said nothing could be done. When I showed the board to the staff reading the Beirut flight they got confused and immediately changed it to Bahrain. The only way out of this was to buy another ticket and wait 5 hours at the airport to catch the next flight to Beirut that will land at 3 am. Terrible experience.

flydubai customer review

I regularly use flydubai flying DXB-MCT-DXB sector and nearly all flights except one have been on time. Nearly all aircraft's now have the new AVOD system installed except for A6-FDX which is one of the older aircraft. Despite this I have found that some screens do not work unless you furiously tap on it and use some force and others simply do not work at all. The seats are comfortable with some recline though it would not matter on a short 45-50 min flight. The food is decent although a bit expensive. Inflight duty free is small but is as usual expensive. The crew are friendly and helpful. Recently however I have found that one aircraft has begun to show it's age with the plastic window cover breaking off exposing the insulation as well as the plastic cover of emergency exit light on the emergency exit wing door coming loose though this is something that maintenance department can easily repair.

flydubai customer review

Have been using Flydubai for a year now on average 10 flights a month and in that time not one flight has departed on time and numerous flights cancelled. Everything about this airline falls short of recognised customer service levels nothing is geared towards customer needs - from the online portal check in to in flight service and punctuality.

flydubai customer review

Flydubai is acceptable from Dubai to other destinations. I took flydubai every week for 4 months. During that time period flights are typically 30 minutes late. Ground staff and cabin crew are relatively friendly. It is inconvenient that they do not offer online check-in. But flydubai is absolutely horrible from Dammam to Dubai. The ground staff leave the check in counter one hour before the flight and there is absolutely no one to help you afterwards in the airport.

(Nepal)

Very poor service. Flew from Kathmandu to Dubai. Even a glass of water had to be purchased. Lost a connecting flight to New York due to it's delay. Officials at Dubai airport don't take any complaints of the Dubai based airlines. Stranded in the airport for 24 hours. Very poor service of Fly Dubai.

flydubai customer review

Flew DXB to MCT and back same day. One flight on old 737 with no video. The return had the new cabin with nice video. I was surprised how early they were calling for last call as arrived 1.5 hours early and was marked last call. Was very nervous but had plenty of time and both flights were on time and about 90% full. I bought the tickets one day before and it was still a great price. I was annoyed about paying for seat selection and glad I did not have any baggage. Beware to mark your baggage when you book as saw lots of people unhappy at check in having to pay extra. Overall fine for low cost carrier.