Flybe

Flybe customer review

I wish I'd seen this site before booking to return from Rennes to Exeter. There seems to be a reoccurring theme of flights being amalgamated for 'technical' reasons undoubtedly driven by cost savings. I checked into my Flybe flight departing Rennes for Exeter at 13.00 and was given a given a boarding time of 14.25 for 14.50 departure. A delay to flight departure of 30 mins was announced. The Exeter flight was subsequently cancelled and re-routed on to for Southampton departing 18.10 with onward bus travel to Exeter. This flight was then delayed with a subsequent departure time of 20.10 (during which time we subsequently discovered that the Exeter passengers had been bussed to Southampton. We were transferred by bus which eventually arrived at Exeter airport at approximately 23.15 as opposed to the scheduled arrival time of 14.45. I had planned my onward travel to home by train and by this time no trains were running so I incurred a £100 taxi fare to get me home.

Flybe customer review

Worried about flying EMA-BHD on flybe after previous comments. Check-in was excellent both ends plane dash 8 smooth but very noisy with minimal leg room. Cabin crew excellent and even though return was 15 minutes late were still very pleasant.

Flybe customer review

Bergerac to Exeter. Like another reviewer we were booked on the evening flight from Bergerac to Exeter on Saturday 26th May. When we booked in our luggage we were told that the flight was being diverted to Birmingham due to (quote) 'staffing difficulties' and that we would be transported to Exeter by coach. We subsequently found out that the Birmingham flight had been due to leave at 3.30 pm so passengers for that flight had been waiting for 5 hours. When we boarded the plane (Exeter and Birmingham passengers) it was about 3/4 full so patently obvious that the real reason why the flights had been amalgamated was to save on Flybe costs with absolutely no consideration for their customers. Instead of arriving in Exeter at 9 pm we arrived at 1.15 am. The introduction to Flybe's Passenger Charter under the slogan Making Flying Better includes the promise of a safe reliable and punctual journey. Safe maybe but certainly not reliable or punctual ! After the extras Flybe add on they are not a cheap Airline but you can expect a cheap and shoddy service although the harassed Flybe staff at Bergerac Airport and the cabin crew did their level best to re- assure passengers. Will we be flying again with Flybe? Most definitely not.

Flybe customer review

Isle of Man to Bristol. Flight due to depart at 13.35 changed at very last minute to 14.00 no explanation available. Passengers for the Liverpool and Birmingham flights also delayed. Explanation that first flight of day had been cancelled causing knock-on havoc for rest of day. Flight times kept being altered at the very last minute no explanations. Would it be that difficult to keep passengers informed? Eventually told we would be amalgamated with the Birmingham flight which was not full and then coached to Bristol. Finally left Ronaldsway at 17.25 arrived at Birmingham to be hustled onto coach outside while the officials seemed quite put out that some of us wanted a toilet stop first! Arrived at Bristol 21.30 and spent a joyless night in the airport until our driver who had had to leave for another appointment picked us up at 03.00 next morning. They are getting 3 points only because there was prompt provision of food vouchers at Ronaldsway and sandwiches and water at Birmingham for the coach trip.

Flybe customer review

Bergerac to Exeter. Checked in at 18.30 for a 20.20 take off. Informed that the flight would not go to Exeter (no reason given) but would go to Birmingham instead (only 180 miles away) and we would then get a bus to to Exeter (arriving in the middle of the night). Then found out that the people sitting dejectedly in the departure hall were passengers for Birmingham who had checked in for a morning flight. The captain told us when we got onboard that flying to Exeter did not justify the additional fuel there were 30 pax for Exeter. The cabin crew informed us that the schedule had been changed at lunch time. The flight to Exeter was changed for financial reasons and the inconvenience of 30 passengers was a calculated risk by Flybe. Given the likelihood of persistent unreliability we won't be using Flybe again even though Exeter and Southampton airports are very convenient for us. At £150 each for the round trip it wasn't a cheap flight either.

Flybe customer review

Southampton to Dublin. I travel this route frequently (4 times per year) and I can tell you that in the four years I have been making this trip it is extremely rare for it to take off on time. I joked once to a member of the crew "why do Flybe call the flight the 18.40 from Dublin it never leaves before 20.00" she laughed. It is now the 20.40 from Dublin and I am sat here typing this because now it is delayed until 22.15. Be prepared for a delay of some description.

Flybe customer review

Norwich to Jersey but could not land at Jersey Airport because of fog diverted to Gatwick where they provided a meal for us and flight back to Jersey 2 hours later. All staff were polite reassuring and helpful.

Flybe customer review

Manchester to Edinburgh. This flight was cancelled (apparently for 'technical reasons') which seems to be a common theme - and was put on the later flight. I discovered the earlier flight only had around 40 booked on it and the later flight originally only had 25 passengers. I raised a complaint to their Customer Service team over 3 weeks ago and have not had any response. I'm a frequent leisure and business flyer (short and long haul) and hold silver membership cards for both BMI and BA (as well as flying blue for KLM and AirFrance) so have good knowledge and experience of flying - which is why I can say categorically that flyBe is the worst airline I have used and clearly do not rate customer satisfaction highly enough on their agenda.

Flybe customer review

SOU-EDI return and SOU-LBA return in the same week. Pleased to see that my repeated complaints about their booking system seem to have had an effect. It's much improved - more upfront and transparent no debit card charges. Edinburgh flights both good - on time crew cheerful. Return flight from Leeds delayed by 90 minutes but staff/crew were apologetic and did manage to reduce the delay to 70 minutes by the time we landed. Aircraft were three Q400s and an Embraer 195 on EDI-SOU. Some of the Q400s are starting to look a little tatty now but the 195 is still a pleasure to fly on. Overall a good experience would have been excellent without the delay.

(Norway)

Edinburgh to Manchester. Checked departure time before leaving for the airport - everything was on time. Arrived at the airport - flight was showing as departing on time. Checked in and was given a boarding card which stated a completely new boarding time - almost 4 hours later than the flight I had booked. Was told my flight had been cancelled meaning I would miss my connection on another airline from Manchester. Arrived in Manchester after my second flight had left had to buy a new ticket for the next day and had to pay for a hotel for the night. I learned the hard way that taking the train is the best option. They wouldn't tell me why the flight was cancelled but as the evening flight had a total of around 20 passengers on a 78-seater aircraft I can put two and two together and see that they cancel flights when they consider there aren't enough passengers. I have booked my next flight with a full-service airline and have paid nearly 3 times as much for the ticket. I have flown this airline 3 times on each occasion my flights have been cancelled without prior notification.