Flybe

"£450 to change a booking"

Not Verified | Southampton to Jersey. flybe want to charge me £450 to change a booking 7 months away. Watch out for their rip off Ts & Cs. It can only cost them a tiny bit of admin but they want to make the best from my misfortune.
RouteSouthampton to Jersey
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"pay 50 euros at the gate"

Not Verified | Cardiff to Cork. I had the misfortune of flying with this company once but never again. Had to pay 50 euros at the gate because the small baggage size had changed. What a rip off, disgusted with the off hand and rude attitude of the lady in charge. Having read many reviews there are so many of the same complaints so no wonder this company finds themselves in trouble. I have no sympathy whatsoever.
RouteCardiff to Cork
Date FlownMarch 2019

"bag is now deemed too big"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Southampton. I have used the same carry on bag when using Flybe and I regularly fly this route visiting family. I was charged £30 this time as apparently the bag is now deemed too big. I have used the bag for years, now suddenly when Flybe are in financial difficulties (what a coincidence) they charge me this ridiculous penalty. The planes are not well kept, staff are rude and unhelpful and very often the flights are delayed. I shall be looking for an alternative method of travel as this incident with the bag was just the final straw. I have taken this same bag on Ryanair, Air France and British airways all in the last year with no problem whatsoever.
RouteEdinburgh to Southampton
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"it's not surprising they are close to going bust"

Not Verified | Southampton to Amsterdam. Lied about bumping passengers. They grouped two flights into one at Southampton moving all cabin luggage onto one flight but not the three with hold luggage who were told their flight had been delayed. They claimed it was too late to move three bags over and passengers were to go on the delayed flight. This was a bare faced lie. The scheduled craft was changed, it got grounded at Amsterdam and so bags had not been loaded onto a delayed flight at all. Fact was the delayed passengers were bumped to a different flight therefore the luggage tags would have needed to be changed regardless. There was no shortage of time to do this as they were also aware that the aircraft was grounded. To add insult to injury no new seat was allocated so found someone in my seat. With basic operational errors like this it's not surprising they are close to going bust. The sooner they do and a decent operator buys them out the better. Passengers don't like being lied too. I too checked the size of my bag against pre departure details sent, plus used the cabin bag I have used for years. Was told too big, charged to put it in the hold then got bumped. Another passenger who was bumped was asked if he would put his bag in the hold, agreed and then got treated to a delay and being lied too. We look forward to a new operator with decent operational policy. Customers are not stupid, in particular regular business travellers who use routes out of region airport.
RouteSouthampton to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"charged me £35 extra for the bag"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Amsterdam. First and last time I fly with Flybe. I never had problems before with my cabin bag. The bag is bought with as a carry on and has standard measurements, but Flybe still charged me £35 extra for the bag. Absolutely disgusted
RouteManchester to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"thought there was need to do it"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Newquay. My cabin baggage was checked at a Flybe desk at Heathrow using a purple box clearly labelled as FlyBe and was fine and I had no problem in putting my baggage into the plane. At Newquay airport I overlooked to bring my cabin baggage to the check in desk (I had paid for a hold baggage already) because I thought there was need to do it. Arrived at the gate to board the flight I was asked to check if my suitcase could fit to metal sizer and after trying to fit it one time I was told that I had to pay 35£ for it. I tried to explain that it was absurd and that I had no problem when I left from Heathrow. Staff at Newquay was incredibly rude. I raised an incident with airline, but the response was vague.
RouteNewquay to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"saying our bags are too big"

Trip Verified | Belfast City to Leeds Bradford. Absolutely disgraceful that Flybe deemed our bags fit for the overhead lockers on the flight outbound but are charging us 35 pounds each for the return saying our bags are too big when they are clearly not. How can you justify this for 1 way and not the return. Staff at Belfast City are incredibly rude and don't seem to understand the rules? You can't just pick and choose when the 'policy' applies, at least show some consistency and respect.
RouteBelfast City to Leeds Bradford
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Flybe at least show some consistency"

Trip Verified | Do yourself a favour and just dont use Flybe. I was one of the selected at the gate as my carry on suitcase was deemed too big. The case is the size they specify on their website. A cardboard box was stood in front of my case - it was exactly the same size as my case! But deemed no! I said are we all looking at the same thing because my case is the same size as the box. No madam its bigger! No it is not (it was 1/2 empty so not bulging at all). Can you open that box and I will show you the case will fit perfectly in that box, no madam we cant do that! Why? No answer - I said you wont open it because you know it will fit in there, you obviously have a quota of people you take bags off as we all know its a small aircraft - why won't you just admit it? No answer just a cash machine waved at me. £35 - fabulous! I got on the bus to take us to the stand - all around me stood people with baggage bigger than mine. I was just so so annoyed. The final straw sitting on board a man got on with a massive backpack on his back - the type you use for a trip around the world! I watched as he struggle to stuff the massive thing into the overhead compartment. The photo does not give a clear size of it he was a tall chap the backpack way past his shoulders and past his rear. Stuffed full! I thought about asking the cabin crew but didn't want to create another scene - and good luck to the man next time he flys with Flybe! Disgusting, Flybe at least show some consistency and treat all of us the same - you obviously think all your customers are blind - actually I just think you do not care. I will never fly with you again - ever! Shame because the 2 crew on that flight were great could not fault them . Flybe 29th Dec, BE2124, 14.50 from LHR.
RouteLondon to Aberdeen
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Exceptional assisted passenger service"

Not Verified | Exeter to Newcastle with Flybe. Credit where credit is due. Exceptional assisted passenger service for my mother. All email queries were responded to very efficiently, and the staff were amazing helpful and friendly. Highly recommended!
RouteExeter to Newcastle
Date FlownDecember 2019

"50 euros for my cabin baggage"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to London City. They charged 50 euros for my cabin baggage. Other people’s cabins were not checked and I pointed it out to the staff and she responded rudely. It was extremely annoying having to pay the charge as my cabin only weighed 3kg.
RouteAmsterdam to London City