Flybe

"Pretty average on the whole"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Edinburgh. Pretty average on the whole. The reviews about the baggage policy are true. I hung back to almost last and so although I did measure my case at home I am still not 100% sure if it fits. No-one challenged me as I assume they thought they had dealt with everyone, but I know several people were told they had to pay the £50, including at least one with the familiar issue of having used the exact same bag without issue on the outbound flight. Flight was over an hour late. When we boarded the Captain told us he didn’t know the reason and the crew had just been called in to do our flight. He speculated it could be crew sickness. They surely can’t go on for long can they? Hopefully they won’t go bust before my trip home but after that they can go hang because I’d frankly rather drive or get the train to Scotland.
RouteEast Midlands to Edinburgh
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Will avoid from now on"

Trip Verified | Charged £50 for a hand luggage which does meet their 55x20x35 requirements. Hard shell cases which have the exact size requirements do no slide down to the end in their tiny metal sizer. Everyone on my flight from EDI to BHX with a hard shell case was charged, and passengers with soft fabric cases of the max allowed size clearly had difficulties as they had to push and shove their cases to fit them perfectly in the sizer. Ground staff applying the policy were very rude and impolite. However, policy never applied to EDI-LCY, a route that I take every few weeks. Will avoid for all personal and business trips from now on.
RouteEdinburgh to Birmingham
Date FlownMarch 2019

"what a joke of a company"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Amsterdam. Absolutely shocking airline, first and last time I'll be flying with Flybe again! Travelling for a birthday surprise for my husband's birthday, paid through the nose and to be told my hand luggage didn't meet the requirements, so another and further £100 later and we are still sat here, what a joke of a company! At first it was delayed, then we were told to head to check in, then it was delayed again! Never again Flybe, you have no idea how to make customers happy, no updates, nothing! I'm never ever going to give you my money again, pathetic. Don't book with these muppets!
RouteEast Midlands to Amsterdam

"asked to pay 50 GBP"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Amsterdam. My hand luggage that respected the limits published on their website was oversized for them and asked to pay 50 GBP to get to the plane I paid for.
RouteEast Midlands to Amsterdam

"pick another airline"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Paris. Be very careful, flybe has one of the smallest baggage allowance in the market and the prices at gate are absolutely scandalous. Most of the time, they are not even cheaper than their competitors. Food and beverages on board are poor quality and expensive, I am pretty sure the increase the temperature when the drink trolley goes around to make people buy more. Make yourself a favor and pick another airline.
RouteManchester to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2019

"not travel with them again"

Trip Verified | Fly with FlyBe all the time both for business and leisure. Flew from Exeter to Norwich 3 days ago and my hand baggage was checked at Exeter airport and was fine. I use the same bag all the time and have measured to make sure it is ok. Then in my return flight from Norwich was told it was too large and had to go into hold and pay £40. Absolutely furious as if I had known I would had taken a smaller bag. How can it be measured at one airport and be fine and then on the return not. Appalled by the customer service and will not travel with them again. No wonder they are in difficulty.
RouteNorwich to Exeter

"it was just fine"

Trip Verified | Exeter to Geneva. After all the poor reviews about Flybe I took this business trip with some trepidation. However, it was just fine. Perhaps because this flight did not rely on an incoming aircraft that may have been delayed due to bad weather my flight departed and arrived exactly on time. Check-in at Exeter's small terminal was easy with courteous service.. Because of their much quoted cabin-baggage policy I double checked my bag weight and especially size, again with courteous service provided. A nice flight cruising over France in perfect weather and then over the local mountains and snow into Geneva. I enjoy the Q400 as I feel I'm actually flying so no problems there. Only slight negative is that Flybe uses the Low Cost Terminal at Geneva and its quite a long hike to the main Terminal 1, if one is making a connection, which I did to Zurich on Swiss - but which wasn't half as enjoyable as Flybe. I only wish they had more flights between Exeter and Geneva than just one flight on a Saturday. Otherwise, top marks!
RouteExeter to Geneva
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"shame on you Flybe"

Trip Verified | Norwich to Alicante. I fly this route regularly using the same hand luggage approved by Flybe previously but this time they decided to get some more cash and charge me £50 for a protruding buckle. Norwich airport staff are a joke by the way, £50 and all the inconvenience associated because they are failing and trying desperately to look for cash, shame on you Flybe, I won't be using you anymore after so many years of loyal custom.
AircraftEMB195
RouteNorwich to Alicante
Date FlownApril 2018

"unreliable, unhelpful and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Birmingham. A day’s business wrecked by FlyBe’s inabiliy to operate a short domestic flight anywhere near to schedule. Flight should depart at 08:40, receive a text at 6:45am advising of delay, just 10 mins before earlier flight departs meaning that despite staying in hotel just a few yards from airport I cannot catch the earlier flight and make the appointments scheduled for my day. Still have to check-in at required time for a flight delayed 2 hours and nobody at desk knows the cause of the delay. After a call it is apparently crew sickness but also lack of standby crew in event of sickness? The simple fact is that you can have very little confidence in FlyBe to meet its scheduled timetable. As I cancelled - as I cut my losses in terms of time and client goodwill foregone - I was advised by FlyBe that because I had not been delayed by 5 hours (on this 70 minute flight) no refund could be made. Nice touch. Will not fly with this airline again - unreliable, unhelpful and unprofessional.
AircraftDash
RouteGlasgow to Birmingham
Date FlownMay 2018

"joke of a company"

Trip Verified | Absolute joke of a company. I had a flight from Paris to Newcastle with a stop off in Southampton (and vice versa). My first flight (Paris-Southampton) was delayed so I missed my second flight and the exact same thing happened on the way back! I was suppose to arrive in Newcastle around mid-day, I arrived there at 6pm. And on the way back I was suppose to arrive in Paris at 4pm, I arrived at 10pm! Compensation? A voucher of 7.50£ to use on the plane and nothing on the way back. And by the way, I didn't even get to Newcastle on the way there, they put me on a flight to Edinburgh. And on the way back, there were no flights left for Southampton-Paris so I had to go to Heathrow. What a journey. And their planes (Q400) are terrible, they make you feel sick and trust me, I never feel sick when I fly. I love flying but this was something else...
RouteParis to Newcastle via Southampton