Flybe

"should always be treated on a consistent manner"

Trip Verified | London City to Edinburgh. What an experience last nights flight was at London City with Flybe. The member of staff discriminated me and allowed another passenger to take larger hand luggage into the same flight. Flybe response to my complaint was unsurprisingly unsatisfactory. The customer should always be treated on a consistent manner and this did not happen last night. I would only use Flybe if there was no other alternative. I could not believe that the Flybe member of staff had no empathy for a family who had just lost a sibling. Absolute disgrace. Flybe are suboptimal.
AircraftSmall
RouteLondon City to Edinburgh
Date FlownNovember 2019

"cabin bag didn't fit requirements"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Paris. Several of us had to pay 50 euros because our cabin bag didn't fit their requirements by less than 1cm. When we boarded, there were 3-4 empty bins. Go figure.
RouteManchester to Paris
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Staff polite and efficient"

Trip Verified | Was transiting in Manchester on my way to Edinburgh from Australia. It’s a pretty basic airline and you get what you pay for. Staff are polite and efficient and flights were on time. Have seen a few people commenting on cabin bags and yes what they allow onboard is smaller than a standard cabin wheelie bag but they are very open about this on their site so people shouldn’t be annoyed if they get charged.
AircraftDash 8
RouteManchester to Edinburgh
Date FlownOctober 2019

"told baggage is too large"

Not Verified | Left Amsterdam 2 November with no problems re cabin baggage which went perfectly under the seat in front. Return leg from Nottingham to Amsterdam 3 November we are told baggage is too large and will need to go in hold for a cost of £35. This is extortion in another guise .... if you are going to apply rules then at least be consistent. Last time being a customer of this airline.
RouteNottingham to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2019

"normal sized cabin bag was too big"

Not Verified | East Midlands to Amsterdam. Got stopped just before boarding to be told a normal sized cabin bag was too big! Thankfully after taking items out it was deemed okay. Once on the plane found people sat in our seats, just got told to sit in two empty ones even though those were the seats we paid for. Forced to put all our luggage in the footwell and in the isle as there was no room in the overhead locker. Crew members were no help at all, didn’t apologise for the issue of no where to put our luggage and even made room for the person behind us to put their hand bag up so they would have more space. Thankfully such a short flight seat belt signs went on but no one checked that people had seatbelts on or tray tables were up.
RouteEast Midlands to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it was like an army experience"

Not Verified | Just awful! Manchester to Algiers via Paris with Flybe. I have just been checked in by the rudest person ever, no smile no good morning, not even a hi, in fact it was like an army experience, tried everything possible to get me to pay something, then gave me the small case sticker and ordered me to put it in my back and pretty much through my passport at me and gave me a dirty look! She must be really sad in her life poor girl to be treating paying customers like this, in fact I booked with Air France, I did not know it was Flybe, well I know and I will check in the future now.
RouteManchester to Algiers via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"wanted us to pay 70 pounds"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to London. Old but renovated airplane, so obviously a too old plane. The standard luggage is not standard for them, they wanted us to pay 70 pounds in front of the door of the airplane or our luggage stays back. When we fitted them in the size controller they wanted also the wheels in. When we got to the plane there was much more than enough space in the lockers to for larger luggage. Wish I knew, I would have avoid them at any cost.
RouteEdinburgh to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"my last fight with Flybe"

Trip Verified | Knock to Manchester. Rudeness of staff is like no other airline. I was directed not asked to stand up by cabin crew in an abrupt manner then asked if I “have a problem with that?” Safe to say that was my last fight with Flybe. I don’t pay to be verbally abused.
RouteKnock to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the basics are not right"

Not Verified | Limoges to Southampton. Flybe must have the worst booking website. I contacted them about their new website as i couldn't see the selection for paying by debit card and not credit card, which the website stated, but didn't show alternatives. Reply from Flybe was that you pay by debit card using the credit card portal - but no where did it said on the website you had to do that, so i gave up and booked with another airline. Why not follow a simple booking protocol, which every other booking or buying website follows? Just tried to book a flight for my wife in November - because they are not flying on the date I chose it comes up with an red error message and clears the data you put in. Why not show a calendar that other airlines use to show what dates they are flying from you chosen departure airport. No wonder they have been bought out earlier this year due to losing so much money. If the basics are not right - what must the other parts of the company be like.
RouteLimoges to Southampton
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Definitely would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to East Midlands. Complete disgrace with this flight going and returning, we were a party of 7 and 3 of us got charged an extra £35 each as they said hand luggage was too big. Very disappointed and will never fly with Flybe again. Very unprofessional and very poor. Definitely would not recommend.
RouteAmsterdam to East Midlands