Flybe

"charge 50% more exchange"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Southampton. I travelled on Flybe. Everything ok with service but it’s a disgrace that they charge 50% more than Pounds Sterling in the conversion, it’s a disgrace when the exchange is 14% difference. Euro 7.50 instead of £5 for a sandwich. If I have any other option I will never travel Fyybe again.
RouteDublin to Southampton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"crew provides great service"

Trip Verified | Flybe flight from London to Caen in France is really making our life easy and is a much better alternative than going through Paris. Barely a 1-hour or less flight between non congested airports that are easy to get in and out of. London Southend airport is a bit far from London but the train stops right in front of the Terminal and if traffic is light it takes about 1 hour by taxi to get there. The ATR72 is not a super comfortable airplane, but it is more than enough for that route. The crew provides great service and there is a good choice of food/drinks to purchase. I wish the flight was available everyday and at different times but the route is not popular enough for that yet.
AircraftATR72
RouteLondon to Caen

"What an absolute joke"

Trip Verified | Manchester to London. My first flight was delayed 45 mins. This delay caused us (and 20 other passengers) to miss our connecting flight. They were not able to schedule another flight for us until 3 hours later. The boarding passes we received for this later flight was not even valid, causing us to nearly miss that later flight as well. We were assured our bags would be on the make up flight. To no surprise, we arrive at our destination at 11:00pm and our bags are nowhere to be found. Now we are in a foreign country with zero luggage. We call the customer service number, but guess what? They close at 5 pm sorry. So there are flights scheduled as late as midnight but 0 assistance if anything happens on any of those flights..? Worst service and Arline I have ever experienced. After being at the airport for a total of 13 hours I finally arrive at my destination (2 hour original flight time) with 0 luggage and 0 support whatsoever. Great job Flybe. What an absolute joke. Wish I could give 0 stars.
RouteManchester to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"really poor service at gate"

Trip Verified | Southampton to Paris. Just received really poor service from person at gate of Flybe flight. She looked at me as though I had crawled out from under a stone when I asked about my flight. The gate was showing the wrong flight, which caused confusion for me and other customers.
RouteSouthampton to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"delayed 70% of the time!"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Edinburgh. I take this flight twice a month and is delayed 70% of the time! I always have to wait at least 90 minutes or take the next one because my flight is canceled. An absolute disaster. Last time they lost my luggage and it appeared 2 hours later in a different belt all broken.
RouteBirmingham to Edinburgh

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with them! Worst airline ever. Stood today at check-in 2.5 hrs in Dusseldorf before the international flight from Duesseldorf to Manchester to Boston via Flybe and then with Thomas Cook. No information was given that this flight is delayed. No information on why they do not check in. The actually issued boarding passes to other passengers without a seat to later tell them at the gate, they are on standby - without giving them any information. For 45 min staff was on the checking counter, but didn't check nor give any information. Then they checked me in and gave me a ticket w seat number to go to the gate and there find out nothing will happen. By now, the flight is delayed for supposedly 3 hrs minus 10 minutes in order to not have the passenger request a fine for it. I am the hotline trying to find out if there is a later flight to Boston and the woman does not know anything neither can she find any info on me. I am paying for this hotline service and she is wasting my time 30 min, she cannot give me information if there is another flight to Boston even though I booked with them. They don't exlain, they don't apologize, they seem completely without responsibility. Do not fly with them!
RouteDusseldorf to Manchester
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"customer service is lacking"

Trip Verified | Lost or Mislaid baggage, never saw my luggage once I boarded my plane for a trip from Mobile, Al. to Birmingham UK. on 1 September 2018. My baggage did not arrive with me in Birmingham, UK. Filled out a Property Irregularity Report when I arrived in Birmingham and no luggage. Was in Birmingham for 3 days the luggage never arrived at the Hotel. Tried contacting Flybe Airlines numerous times, the airline does not provide 24 hour baggage service. All the phone calls netted was to refer to the Flybe Baggage Tracking Service. The tracking service was that the indicated that the baggage would arrive the next day. I left on Thursday morning, the last posting on the tracking service was that the baggage would be delivered to the Hotel after I departed on 6 September 2018. Tried to contact relative to that issue to no avail. Spoke to the Ticketing Agent on getting my outbound flight with Flybe, she could not contact anyone either. She was not aware there was not 24 hour baggage service. After I returned to the US I looked on the baggage tracking system and it looks like is is suppose to come back to me on 7 September 2018, it is late in the day and I have not heard anything from Flybe Airlines about my luggage. The personnel I dealt with at Flybe Airlines were very nice, but the airline itself leaves a lot to be desired. As of now I could not recommend Flybe to anyone. Flight itself was great, Flybe customer service is lacking.
RouteParis to Birmingham
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"nothing short of incompetent"

Trip Verified | Due to fly 18 Aug 13.30. After posting delay for several hours, flight was cancelled. Re check in manually next day. Due to fly 13.35. Eventually left after 3 hr delay. Flybe did not represent them selves at airport and did not answer phone calls from customers or Manchester airport staff. Delay at Innsbruck of 1 hr 30 mins on return. This carrier is nothing short of incompetent, and must use potentially unsafe/old aircraft, as on both occasions we were told the aircraft had technical failures. I am told that Flybe has had delays from minor to serious every flight this season to Austria. I will never ever use this airline again, and urge anyone where Flybe is involved to seek an alternative.
RouteManchester to Innsbruck
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never again I will use Flybe"

Not Verified | Southend to Dublin. Wish I had read all these reviews before travelling with Flybe, it was my first time traveling with them and thought I would use something different. Big mistake, will never use them again. Our flight to Dublin was delayed for 6hrs. Our flight was 645am, no information was given to start with, nobody seems to not know what had happened to our flight until 10am and then told there is technical issue with the plane. We had to wait for plane to come from Dublin to take us. We end up flying at 12 midday. We thought that our flight back to London was at 20:40pm. Got delayed again until 22:55pm as we had to wait for a plane coming from Italy to take us. The reason being technical issue again. Never again I will use Flybe.
RouteSouthend to Dublin

"an absolute disaster"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Southampton. I didn't know an airline could provide this bad a service in the UK in 2018. A month before the flight Flybe contact me to tell me that the flight time has been changed. 5 minutes earlier departure and over 2 hours delay on the return. Not the worst, but considering that the flights were very early in the morning and very late at night it makes getting transport from the airport much harder as public transport is much scarcer at those hours. All goes well on the first flight. The return from Southampton was an absolute disaster. We were supposed to take off at 10:15. I was informed of a few delays. Then at about 10:00 I was told the flight was cancelled. The ridiculous part was that I was told that by my girlfriend who was checking on the Flybe website. The info board at the airport indicated that the flight would still be taking off, but with a delay. It was another 10-15 minutes before the airport staff got the info. We then had to wait standing in the airport (we were moved to an area without seats or refreshments).I was then offered to fly on the next day to Glasgow and then to take a taxi to Edinburgh. I agreed to that and was told that I was just waiting for a hotel to be arranged and a taxi to take me there. I asked the Flybe staff for a glass of water (the airport had practically shut down by this time). Never received anything. Considering I had gone through security 4 hours earlier I didn't have water with me as I hadn't planned on spending the night at the airport. It took them 2 hours to arrange a hotel and taxi for 13 people. Arrived at the hotel some time past midnight. When we arrived, we were let in the reception area by the hotel staff. It then turned out that the staff at the reception had received absolutely no word from Flybe. One of the group had to sit with them and on the phone for over half an hour until the sorted it out. I got the key to my room half an hour past midnight. Someone mentioned that they were told the flight is cancelled at 5pm that day. The staff announced sometime between 10:05-10:20. It took them over 2 hours to arrange a hotel and taxis for a dozen people. In the morning I was surprised to find out that Flybe had actually paid for me to have breakfast at the hotel. I guess they obeyed the law. That is the only positive thing I can say really. I arrived at my destination with a 17 hour delay. I have filed a complaint with them. Over a week later and no response.
RouteEdinburgh to Southampton