Flair Airlines

"waiting for my bags for the past 2 hours"

Not Verified | Calgary to Toronto. I have been waiting for my bags for the past 2 hours this is honestly the worst airline in the world there is no effort put in to the work and I will not travel again. If you wanna get home on time I suggest you go with other airlines
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"use safety as reason to avoid compensating"

Not Verified | We were supposed to depart at 9:00 AM on a Monday but the flight was pushed 2 times until 2:00 am the next day Tuesday. However even the 2:00 am flight did not depart until 4:00 am . In total the flight was delayed 17 hours. We got stuck at the airport the whole night waiting for the aircraft to arrive. We were also charged a penalty of changing our flight departure time from pm to am hoping to arrive in Toronto early. Yes we arrived early but early the following day. Lobbied for compensation but they conveniently reasoned that they do not compensate if the delayed was due to safety. They always use safety as reason to avoid compensating passengers.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2022

"had to pay $61 for our carry on bag"

Trip Verified | I can’t really recommend this airline unless you are desperate. We had to pay $61 for our carry on bag and as we boarded the plane we were told that our personal item (a bag) was too large to be a personal item and we would have to pay another $61. We take these items on a regular basis on other airlines with no charge so we were not pleased and ended up paying more than we would have paid with a real airline. Be careful when you book with Flair or you may end up paying more than you think you will have to pay. There’s very little leg room so if your tall you won’t be happy.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I may have lucked out on this trip"

Not Verified | On the first day, we were delayed due to staffing but not by too long, I was travelling with my son on my own and I have never had so much help from staff before with him (He lapped it all up). When boarding we ran into an issue with the phone app boarding passes but soon figured out took an additional 5 mins it was shortly after the app launched so I can see why they would have bugs here and there. Now onto the fun part when flying back I went to check in the night before but couldn't, kept saying that there was a change to my flight so it wouldn't let me check in. after talking to support (which was no help) and getting my husband to talk to them on my behalf He was at home in another province) he got nowhere. So I showed up early to the airport willing but not happy that I would have to pay extra to check-in. I got there and the girl let me know they were having a problem with their website and waiving all check-in fees. once we got the boarding pass we got on the plane (again late but it was do to airport staff and not the flair airline staff) and when I got to our seats I noticed we were not in the right seats we were placed in an emergency exit seat which is a no-no if you have a child younger than 12. I let the staff know that these were not the seats I paid for. I was moved to the front of the plane for my inconvenience and to make sure that my son was safe. All and all I think I may have lucked out on this trip I am going to try again and see what happens.
RouteKitchener to Halifax
Date FlownJune 2022

"wasn't able to get a boarding pass"

Not Verified | I got to the airport at 6 am this morning for my flight at 730 am I checked in the night prior and was unable to open their attachment with my boarding pass on it. I went up to the front desk to get them to print it off and she refused said the gate is already closed. The flight wasn't leaving for almost 2 hours. I have to be in Montreal for work and she said nothing she could do. I chatted online with their "support" all her kept repeating was my flight was off at 730, it was 645 am I don't know if he clued in the time change from where he was but it hadn't even left yet. I paid for a flight, checked in and still was told wasn't able to get a boarding pass. I wrote a email they said well you missed your flight so there's nothing they could do.
RouteEdmonton to Montreal
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"good value for the money"

Not Verified | The service was good. There was no delay in flights while the staff were friendly and courteous. The seats could not be reclined back, so I am not sure why the pilot asked to put the seat back in an upright position. Passengers get little or poor sleep since the seats cannot be reclined. Overall, it was a good value for the money.
RouteCalgary to Kitchener
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"they have poor customer service"

Not Verified | Please don't ever book this flight. This is extremely disappointing airline since they have poor customer service, we would have to pay extra if we checking on the airport, their portal for boarding pass doesn't work plus there is no guarantee to be seated next to your family, as they select random people as per boarding pass. Not just that they have the audacity on top of that to ask for money in order to have a special seat next to your loved ones.
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"very rudely treated by the ground staff"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. For some reason the airline wouldn't allow everyone in our family to check in on-line. On calling the airline we were told to go to the airport 3 hours before the flight and they would waive the checking in at airport fee. On arrival at the check in desk 3 hours before, we were told that that there was no record of one of our party who couldn't check in even though we had the flight itinerary with all the passengers showing. We had also paid extra for seats which had extra legroom. After being very rudely treated by the ground staff, and waiting for nearly 2 hours, they eventually found the details of the passenger that was missing and issued boarding passes but not for the seats that we had booked and paid extra. They also charged us for using the check in desks and said we would have to call Flair Airlines for refunds. We are still chasing them for the refund as I write this review. Terrible airline!
AircraftBoing 737
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"We will never fly Flair again"

Trip Verified | We will never fly Flair again. The cost is only marginally cheaper after paying for all the "extras" like checked luggage and a seat. No free food offered on a 5 hour flight. Best we got was water with ice. They canceled our original flight and we had to reschedule for a later flight. Unfortunately, their system still reminded us several times to check in for the first flight that no longer existed. Our return flight was scheduled for 9:40am but when we attempted to check-in, we were informed that it had been postponed to 3pm. No e-mail or notification was sent. And again, we got reminders to check in for the 9:40am flight. No in-flight entertainment aside from wifi to watch old movies or play terrible games on your cell phone or tablet. Solitaire was available for an extra fee.
RouteOttawa to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2022

"a don't care attitude"

Trip Verified | Terrible company, bought ticket for a boarding time at 3pm, and this company changed it to 6am in the morning without notice. Also left us no other option to make any last minute change, you can either accept or refund it. Our whole vacation plan got ruined. Customer service is rude and give us a don't care attitude. A luggage will cost $130. And you need to pay money to drink water. No on board service what so ever.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX