Flair Airlines

"Worst customer service possible"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton with Flair Airlines. Worst customer service possible. Repeatedly lied to about delays. Five hours late and nobody cares. Standard operating procedure for this joke of an airline. Never again.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"there is no customer service"

Trip Verified | There are many reviews stating that there is no customer service when they screw up. This is true — I have attempted to pay for baggage, check in, and print my boarding pass for two days prior to my flight. I have received nothing but error messages on their website, one of which message that stated “Online check in cannot is not available for this reservation. Please go to the airport to complete your check in.” The other stating “Cannot check in this passenger. Boarding pass can only be printed at the airport.” Upon arriving to the airport, I was forced to pay an extra $20.00 for my boarding pass plus a service fee for my luggage. When I explained my issue, the level of customer service capped at “You should have just called customer service.” Why would you refer me to the airport if that was not where my problem would be solved? It seems silly and such a simple error to which could be easily fixed by reimbursement as it is clear with the screen shots that I have shown the teller along with her trying it out herself via my phone that the website was experiencing technical issues. So far, I have called to receive a reimbursement, but was told that there was “nothing they could do.” ... Anything more than “nothing” would have been better - such a stupid issue
RouteVancouver to Toronto via Edmonton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Personal bag not accepted"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. Personal bag was not accepted. We were coming back from our trip. Ended up paying $50, no dimension changed. At the gate Flair air staff measured bag in Air Canada rack. However, at the check in counter the rack was vertical and the bag went in like nothing. At the gate the rack was horizontal. If Flair Air enforce $50 fee they should also invest into their own racks. Tea is not free.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Kelowna via Edmonton. Zero customer service when they screw up! Out $1300 to book alternate flight to get home and had to wait 5 hours for my luggage that was loaded onto their plane without me in Toronto. Yes I was denied boarding after my luggage was loaded because their reps at the check in desk failed to ensure we had proper boarding passes and refused to print one upon return from security. And then was repeatedly told the flight was cancelled by their phone reps when it was already in the air. The flight was not listed on any airport web site (departures or arrivals) nor was it on their website listing. Beware of Flair Air. No customer service and who they do have, know nothing. If you want to waste your money, get stranded or delayed and have to spend more to get where you need to go then by all means book with Flair. No better place to spend your booked holiday you paid thousands for than in an airport away from home with no luggage and no answers to when or where you will end up with Flair. A joke at best.
RouteToronto to Kelowna via Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not a great experience"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. Nice staff but otherwise not a great experience. Delayed flight and hit with a $50 fee for my very small carry on luggage. I probably should have paid in advanced (apparently only $35) but wasn’t aware there would be a fee. It felt like getting a bad parking ticket. The extra fee was disappointing and I missed my son’s 5th birthday party. So, I’ll never fly Flair Airlines again.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with Flair Airlines. I tell this to every family and friend I know. Worst customer service. 6 hour delay and then a cancelled flight resulting in a cancelled trip where I was supposed to attend a friends wedding. Vacation days at work wasted. Staff were not being honest. I put my name down for a refund and waited the 5-6 business days, I never got it. Just called them and waited 40 minutes for them to take my call. Refund request was never submitted so I now have to wait 7-10 more business days. No compensation and very little apology. Worst airline I have ever experienced.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not impressed by this airline"

Trip Verified | I am not even on the plane yet but I can already say I am not impressed by this airline. This is my first time using this airline and all I am hearing are prices been shout out. Our flight has been delayed for 40 minutes but no one has apologized but they have the audacity to say if you have more than one boarding pass on your phone you will be charge $2, you are charged $10 for printing your boarding pass at the airport, $50 for carry on($35 online). I was told this airline was meant to be cheaper compare to the others, but I am saying it is better to pay extra to the competition than to pay for every bit on your way to your destination. $2 because someone has more than one pass on their own phone, all this is ridiculous to me. No carry on in 2018, who does that? I am so shocked by what I am seeing and hearing right now.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2018

"onboard staff are great"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. I have flown with Flair Airlines every week for a few months now. I have no luggage just a small day pack which fits in their personal luggage rack. 18 Liter size is about as big as you can get if you don't want to pay extra. I save thousands of dollars with Flair Airlines. The onboard staff are great and having been on a few delayed flights we were always advised on changes. I do not want to have to return to using Air Canada or West-jet as they will really increase prices if Flair Fails. Clear announcements from Ground Staff would go a long way towards allowing customers to remain informed and or make timely decisions if changes need to be made.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I would recommend Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary via Edmonton. It was a last minute flight, I was scared after reading feedback from the reviews. Flight is an older aircraft I believe its from 1985. Its Boeing 737-400. Staff were very friendly and courteous. If you want to save some money make sure you print your boarding pass from home so you don't pay extra in the airport to print the boarding pass. Check your luggage from online where you'll be able to save some money as well. Our flight was delayed but not because of Flair Air's fault it was because of snow. I would recommend Flair Air.
RouteToronto to Calgary via Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. I was very disappointed with the service this airline provides, they have poor communication skills and are not honest to their customers. I was aware that my flight was delayed until 8 pm (originally departure was suppose to be at 315 pm) I go back to the airport, check in, wait 8pm comes around no announcement that it is now delayed until 9 pm then 1030 pm then 11 then 12 at this point I chose to rebook for the following days flight, well get there everything was going ok from the looks of it online, it showed that flight was on time, we were told told be at gate by 230 to board plane - no plane, no employees, no communication! After about 30 to 40 mins they come and make an announcement that the plane in Vancouver is boarding and will be on their way shortly 15 mins later we were informed that the plane is on its way - about about 30 mins later we were told the plane had to turn around in Vancouver! No one there knew anything (apparently) they couldnt put us on a different fly from a different airline they could not do anything but give us a refund which takes 5 to 10 business days! We sat and waited only to be told after many many hrs later it is cancelled! I then call customer service to see what other options they can offer what a joke they "dont know anything". Never will fly with them or recommend them to others! Now my trip is cancelled I was on my way to meet my new grandson, they ruined that for me.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg