Flair Airlines

"beyond unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Edmonton. Flight 777 on my way to Vegas on Friday Nov 9th delayed twice. Flight 778 coming back last night Nov 12th, was delayed 3 times for a total of 5 hours. Couldn't leave Vegas because they couldn't match passenger manifests for 45 mins on the tarmac. Landed in Edmonton and waited again on the tarmac for baggage services to be ready. Connected flight to Kelowna cancelled with no warning. This is beyond unacceptable! Not one apology heard the entire time. Their only response to my complaint: Flair Airlines Hi Paul, We apologize for your experience. Unfortunately, delays do happen and we do our best to get you on your way as soon as possible.
RouteLas Vegas to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"disappointed by this airline"

Trip Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. I usually do not contribute reviews on airlines based on the philosophy that one experience, good or bad is not necessarily an accurate depiction. In this case, I have been disappointed by this airline on every single flight for a variety of reasons. The most important being that they have not once been on time. The second most important being the extra charges for basic services such as carry on bags. I do not find them to be particularly cheap when all things are taken into consideration.

"lets me see my family"

Trip Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. I would like to thank Flair for charging what they do. Today my flight was late and I heard a ton of passengers complain about being late, extra charges, customer service - blah blah blah. I paid $118 there and back. This lets me see my family every couple months without breaking the bank. Even if they are are a little late sometimes I appreciate they are here otherwise I could never afford to go home as often as I do. I feel the complaining will eventually reuslt in more things being included but higher prices for things I dont need. So please people enjoy the fact you just paid half the cost of a normal ticket!
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Good airline and cheap"

Trip Verified | Flair Airlines was surprisingly good. My flight was from Calgary to Toronto with a stop in Winnipeg and vice versa for the return. No delays from Calgary to Toronto. For the return flight reached both Calgary and Winnepeg half an hour early. In my opinion the 30 min break in Winnipeg was nice. You got to stretch your legs, use real bathrooms and breaking the flight into 2 hour intervals made it much more bearable. Good airline and cheap. I'd definitely recommend, but on that note, I didn't have to go through customer service which is where most of the problems seem to lie.
RouteCalgary to Toronto

"get very small seats"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. Charged for no boarding pass for my young daughter. Paid 25.00 to get better seats only to get very small seats with just extra leg room. Moved my seats because of my little one and did not indicate that I was not allowed to sit there with a child online. Not a cheap flight at all. Everything costs way too much. Never flying with Flair Airlines again!
RouteToronto to Edmonton

"Overall, very pleased"

Not Verified | Flew from Calgary to Vancouver today. At first I was worried after reading the reviews but the experience was contrary to what I read. I travelled with husband and daughter. We paid $100 each for our fare. Each of us had a backpack full of our clothes. We didnt get charged for it. We checked in online a day prior so we read that there is a $10 charge if you print the boarding pass at the airport. So we had the boarding passes emailed to our personal email and off we went. When we were in the security area of the calgary airport, the guard scanned the 3 boarding passes and accidentally deleted my husbands boarding pass. We didnt rralize this until boarding but when we showed an ID, they let my husband in without the boarding pass no problems. Theres no entertainment or free food, but neither does westjet and yet you pay more for the same flight with westjet. Overall, very pleased. Everyone got out of the plane quick cause no one had to grab their carryons which i like. Flight was on time too
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"leg space is very cramped"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. Go Westjet and save you the hassle. I arrived at the YVR service desk two hours early and was told that my flight to YYC at 6:00pm was cancelled. They said they emailed me three times to inform me (which I never received). And because I never reply to their 3 emails, they considered me as a no show, therefore I forteited my ticket, no compensation. I then had to scramble to Westjet and paid over $300 for a last minute ticket to YYC. Made it home to YYC and the day after, I was still very annoyed over this Flair incident. So I called their customer service line. Now they told me a different story. They said my flight home was actually changed to an earlier flight -- to 8:20am of the same day. Meaning it was changed to 9 hours and 40 minutes earlier on the same day. That was very weird. You're telling me that I had to cancel my business meetings on that day just to catch an earlier flight home? Still no compensation. Third day: I was still very annoyed over it. So I wrote to their customer service and explained the whole situation in writing. Two days later, they emailed me back saying they would refund my return ticket of $79. But I paid $308 to Westjet just to come home. Fourth day: I did some digging around and found out that on Flight Stats website, the original flight from YVR to YYC took off on time and landed on time in YYC. Verdict: Flair screws around with customers that paid lower prices. Most likely they want me on an earlier flight (9 hours earlier) because there were extra seats, and the original flight was overbooked and sold at a higher price. Very nasty. Other note: the leg space is very cramped. Seats are not comfortable at all.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Unbelievable worst experience"

Trip Verified | Unbelievable worst experience. Flair airlines who will try to dupe you on every possible point. Everyone be aware if you think you got a deal, it wont take long time before you realize that you will have to pay 100-400 dollars based on the luggage you are caring - any thing other than your purse is going to be charged by airline. This is the way they are going to put dent on your pocket despite having stuff well within the limit. Super rude staff wont care if you are senior citizens or going with family - all they care how to bring airline money.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Worst airline experience ever"

Not Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. My original flight was to leave at 2:25 on Thursday Oct 25, 2018 and you're required to be at the airport 2 hours early to check-in- for a domestic flight, which I find is way too early. The desk closes an hour before take-off which I also find unreasonable. Anyway, I'm there early with enough time for any unforeseen traffic delays as I have to drive 1-1/2 hrs to get to Kelowna airport. Flight gets delayed til 5:30pm due to a cracked windshield on the plane. Great. Things happen but I have an event that evening that I do not want to miss. So here I'm at airport for 7 hrs. I just make it to my event on time. Now to come home on the Sunday Oct 28; flight was to leave at 5:30pm so I'm at airport 2 hours early to be informed that the plane is delayed til 10:30pm because it hit a bird. Like really?! Here goes another 7 hr delay. No food vouchers available. They offered refunds but what good does that do when you go to book another airline for that day for $325 return and I only paid say $130 for that leg back. Then come the complaints. Another couple was there for 24hrs waiting to get a flight back as their flight was delayed then cancelled then delayed then delayed again. This airline only has 7 older planes so its difficult to get a back-up plane with such a minimal fleet. Another Flair plane was there on the tarmac but it required maintenance too. SO if you have nothing but time, and no deadlines, then please chose Flair Airlines. I finally arrived home at midnight, thanks to my awesome friend who waited to come get me or else I wouldn't have had a way home. Worst airline experience ever. They wouldn't even cover a glass of wine for the inconvenience. And don't forget to book your luggage online first or it will cost you almost triple to pay at the airport.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"my last flight with you"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford via Edmonton. Booking: Found my way through booking as they appear to be cheaper at the onset, which is true if you do not travel with anything basically but you still have to figure out what your basics are up front. Paid my way through it all checked bag, carry on, seat selection all good and easy and is when I realized I should have just booked with a major airline. Day before flight: Checked in online easy enough but you have to watch what you are doing as it appears you can double pay for your checked, carry on etc. Day of flight: get to airport and check in and check my bag as normal. I go get a coffee and sit and wait to board. I was paged to the counter and was then asked if I had changed my seat, which I paid for in row 3 window so I could exit the plane quickly upon landing. I said no but confusingly accepted my new boarding pass and sat back down in the waiting area. When I realized I was in row 14 middle seat I went back up to say I had not changed my seat and why would I go from the front way back there? They put me in the exit row aisle, good enough I guess, still no reason? I was pretty much okay with everything until I filled out a complaint form online. The response I got was this "I can see your frustration on the seat selection change, Sometimes the flight director needs to make changes to either a broken seat or for a mother and a child. This dose not happen often." Load of crap, I have never been bumped from a paid seat, and they make it a priority to ensure you are paying for every last droplet of service you ask for upfront before you get to the airport only to just take it away? Not acceptable. All I needed was a we double booked your seat due to a system error. I did not see any mothers and children or broken seats where I paid to sit. Sorry Flair, this was my last flight with you. The majors cover your service and do not boot you to the side.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford via Edmonton