Flair Airlines

"the airplane had already left"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. I originally bought the round trip flight tickets for my husband, my 2 year old son and myself on May 10, 2019 for an 11:55 am departure from Vancouver to Calgary. On the day of departure, we realized when we got to the airport that the departure time had changed to 10:30 am. We got to the service counter at 10:35 am and the airplane had already left. The agent told us no other flights were available that day and that they had also automatically cancelled our return flight as their policy. How is this fair? We called the customer service line a few times as directed from their website but was on hold for more than 20 minutes each time. A couple of times, we got hung up on. When finally getting someone on the phone, they said they cannot do anything. The only offer they can give is for us to pay for new return flight tickets or pay $150 on top of what we already paid, plus the price difference for the tickets for that day. When asked if we can speak to management, they said no one was available and we would be on queue. However, three days passed and no one called back. We, of course, had to book another flight with another airline, which cost us over $2,000 but was treated much better. I was appalled with the way we were treated and no fair resolution was offered. This was also our first time booking with Flair Airlines and I do not recommend it to anyone
Date FlownJune 2019

"don't bother with this airline"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. Probably the worst airline experience I've ever had. I checked in the night before, paid for my baggage fees the night before. I arrived at the Flair Airlines booth at 10:45 AM when my flight took off at 11:55 AM hoping to just drop my bag. Sadly there was a huge line up of people waiting to check in and no bag drop. I waited and waited. Finally at 11:25 I noted I needed to get my bags to Calgary and two other families (who were ahead of me in the line) popped out with the same request. We all were heading to Calgary and couldn't drop our bags cause the counter folks were taking forever to process people. The counter girl told me to just leave my luggage and go get the plane. Where? She offered no secured locker. Then a manager came and said the same thing and told us we all missed our flight and there were no options to get our luggage to Calgary. They also had no other flights going to Calgary that day and our only option was to book another flight for another day. I tried to call customer service and they have an ongoing message that they're receiving higher than normal call volumes. I waited for 30 minutes and in that time booked another flight to Calgary via WestJet. I hung up and wrote customer service an email to get this sorted out. I still haven't heard back from them. Two days later when I tried to check into my return flight from Calgary to Vancouver with Flair Air, the counter ladies informed me because I missed my flight on Saturday, my Monday flight was cancelled. No call? No email? So I had to pay for another return flight back to Vancouver with Flair Air. Honestly I'll never fly with this airline again. They're processes and procedures for quick check in are terrible. Why is there no bag drop so you can avoid having to go to the counter line up? They nickle and dime you at every corner and aren't really that much cheaper. I've been on hold with their customer service again for 45 minutes and still no answer. don't bother with this airline.

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Terrible. Cancelled flight after they have conveniently closed their call center for the day. Emailed through web site. Have yet to get a reply. Sent note through face book page. Have yet to get a reply. Called in and they just offer refund and no reason for delay. I mention new federal rules coming out July and December 15th about airline and compensation they just play dumb and say not aware of any rules. Worst airline ever. Not to worry as this airline will be defunct soon. Ended up costing me 150% more to fly one way just get home. worst part is that they don’t care and couldn’t wait to get off phone with me. Never fly.

"Terrible service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto with Flair Airlines. Terrible service. Unpredictable. They changed the flight status at the last minute without any information. Surprised at the counter today by a rescheduled flight 2 times with a more than 10 hours wait at the airport. Avoid if possible.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

"Bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Winnipeg. Bad customer service. Would not help us at the check in and when I called the person over the phone, the agent has the worst service I have ever heard. I would never want to deal with her again. She said she was the highest supervisor in the company and wouldn’t give me a name to speak to another one. They talk to you as if you’re a child and just tell you you’re wrong without trying to help. If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
RouteToronto to Winnipeg

"Great customer service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Kelowna. 2 front fight attendants were great. Caitlyn was one of the names if not mistaken and the other I can’t remember. Great customer service. Honest and respected woman. So thanks for a great experience and I do recommend this airline to whoever’s travelling near and far. Thank you
RouteEdmonton to Kelowna

"both flights pleasant"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Great flight, we were on standby. Service agents on return from Edmonton were excellent very accommodating. Flight comfortable lots of leg room both flights pleasant helpful crew, would highly recommend.
AircraftBoing 737 800
Date FlownJune 2019

"think twice before flying with them"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. Just have to give a quick shout-out to Flair Airlines and their terrible customer service! My bag was damaged to the point of needing repair while in your hands and basically telling me it's of no fault of theirs. I think it's great that you post on your website how you will fairly compensate anyone for damaged baggage, requesting me to fill out a massive form, and then having the audacity to tell me after that you actually do not compensate travellers for damaged baggage (which I had to pay $60 to check because they charge $70 to carry on a bag.) I advise everyone to think twice before flying with them. Even though you save money on your initial purchase with them, it costs you far more in the long run.
Date FlownMay 2019

"They lost one of my luggage"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. Dont even bother booking your flights here. It’s cheap but you get what you pay for. First, during check in the attendants in Winnipeg were very rude and unprofessional. The flight wasn’t delayed which was the only good thing that happened that day. But the problem started once I landed in Vancouver. They lost one of my luggage which had all my important clothing and basic necessities. The station attendant in Vancouver wasn’t very helpful finding my luggage either. I called their baggage department and it took them a week to finally get my luggage back to me. I had to purchase new clothing which wasn’t in my budget because they couldn’t do their job properly. Apparently, instead of them delivering my luggage to my address in Vancouver, they tried to deliver it back to my address in Winnipeg. Like seriously why would they deliver it back to the city I’m trying to get the luggage out from? They promised me reimbursement for the amount I spent and for the baggage fee, but its been 2 months and I haven’t received a dime from them. The baggage department have also stopped replying to my emails. Like really I cant emphasize enough how much this company have given me stress trying to locate that luggage and getting a reimbursement back.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"never fly Flair Airlines again"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton . Terrible. I checked-in online and tried to prepay for my checked baggage and got an error message saying the my ticket could not be check-in online and that my boarding pass could not be printed. I removed the checked baggage and I was able to check-in online and was able to print my boarding pass as well. Their "online check-in" to save money on baggage fees is just a front. I still had to pay for my checked baggage at full price at the airport instead of the "discounted" price online. Will never fly with Flair Airlines again.