Flair Airlines

"insurance was useless"

Trip Verified | Customer service does not give me the proper information and retract what they had originally told me in regard to flight changes. I purchased insurance through travel company which was useless as they don't hold up to what their selling. I had to pay almost 300 to change flight. I rescheduled the 2nd flight and they wanted to charge me again for a full flight fare. Basically over 1300 dollars to fly return from Vancouver to Winnipeg.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg
Date FlownApril 2019

"Do not fly them"

Not Verified | Horrible airline. Do not fly them. Cancelled my Edmonton to Vegas flight that is less than 3 weeks away. We had to rebook hotels and all new flights for inflated flights with another airline due to the timing. Also my friend that came back just recently on Flair roundtrip from Vegas had a 5 hour delay and no compensation. I guess you get what you pay for with this airline. Just pay more and rest easy. If I could rate 0 I would, but the option is not possible.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2019

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew to Edmonton from Toronto to pickup my children who live there, we were heading to Mexico on another airline. This trip was to a golf resort so I took my golf clubs. My clubs never made it too Edmonton and the next day when we were delayed by more than 12 hours, by weather, another Flair flight arrived from Toronto, still no clubs. At this point the Flair baggage rep said they didn't know where my clubs were, Toronto, Edmonton or possibly Vancouver. Flair told me to keep my golf expense receipts and they would reimburse me. The resort graciously lent me clubs for a round and I only bought golf balls, not shoes or gloves which I could've used. My clubs showed up 4 days later on yet another airline and Flair told me I'd have to pick them up as they didn't have reps at the airport to deliver the clubs. I explained that the airport was an hour away, we'd already lost a day to weather and I wasn't going to spend 3 hours travelling back and forth to the airport looking for my clubs while trying to enjoy my vacation with my children, they responded with sorry. Now that I'm home and have submitted my lowly receipt for $80 they are not reimbursing me and keep throwing up road blocks as to why they are not. They claim they need a larger photo of the receipt, I've provided it yet they ask for an even larger one when the one I supplied is clear as day. Very frustrated with the poor customer service. Why would I fly with them again?!
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2019

"They switched the airport"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. They had a 4 hour delay because one flight attendant called in sick last minute. They switched the airport me and my husband were going to arrive and they said they will pay for a taxi ride to the correct airport. When we landed at the new airport there was no one on the counter and we had to wait an extra hour for someone to show up, after we had 3 different people on the airport page someone from the airline. I sent an email to their customer service and they just said they are sorry but they won’t do any compensation. Wouldn’t recommend this airline.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2019

"much more than I expected"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. My first trip on Flair was much more than I expected for a discount carrier. It was perfect. I travel twice a month on the non-discount carriers and I have been getting use to their poor service and late flights (my April anniversary trip has been changed so many times I am not sure when my flights are). So happy that there is another carrier to compete with the other carriers.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton

"Was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Was very sceptic before undertaking this trip, specially after reading all the negative reviews of the airline. Was pleasantly surprised on my actual experience, actually was better than a lot of low cost experienced earlier. The ground staff was very pleasant to deal with, on time performance, huge leg room on regular seats and an ultra smooth touch down at both instances. Just one issue, one of the cabin crew member was not only kind of rude but was also wearing a very strong and irritable perfume. Overall, a great value for money.
RouteToronto to Calgary

"abysmal at best"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight through Flair to Phoenix in mid February. The original flight time change twice after I booked the flight. Just an email saying the flight time changed, no attached updated itinerary, no explanation. I called to ask why the constant changes and if the flight time would change again, they said not likely. Then they cancelled the flight a week before the scheduled date. I then had to book another flight, which would be considered last minute so the cost of a one way ticket was $700!! I also had to change my rental car reservation because I now have to fly out of a different airport. Their compensation? $50 flight credit. The service and run around I received were abysmal at best, they should be embarrassed by their customer service and "compensation".
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2019

"don't seem to have a clue"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. I have not flown with Flair as yet but my review is about the customer service recieved when trying to change the date of my departure. Upon phoning their customer service and asking to make the change I was told that there was a charge to make a change to the flight $125 but it may be less to cancel the flight and re- book. Also a $15 fee to do this with the customer service rep. I agreed to them cancelling the flight and re-scheduling. The fellow told me I would get a new itinerary and a bill for the change.The next day I got a new itinerary but there was no change at all. Upon phoning again I was advised that nothing was done at their end and I would have to re-book myself. That meant the flight had gone up overnight by another $30 and from the previous booking $70. So I am out of pocket $210.50. The original price was $110.50. I will not fly with Flair again. Now I read these reviews I am afraid the actual flight experience will be a disaster too. I can see the demise of this company coming. Their customer service don't seem to have a clue.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"stranding us in the USA"

Trip Verified | Canceled our flight - stranding us in the USA without giving an alternative flight. They had nothing available. Offered a 50 travel voucher which was unacceptable. Will never travel with Flair Airlines again, need a flight home to Canada.
RoutePhoenix to Winnipeg
Date FlownMarch 2019

"just cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | They just cancelled our flight from Edmonton to Phoenix over Easter 3 weeks away, booked it way back when they first opened for a great price. They emailed a week ago and changed the flight time so thought we were good. Had read some of the bad reviews and now I understand why. Will not recommend or use this airline. And as others have said why would I use the $50 voucher... they will just cancel again. Not to be trusted only book with them if your willing to take the chance on flight being cancelled!
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix