Flair Airlines

"I won't be taking Flair again"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. I wish I read reviews about this airline prior to booking with them. I originally booked with Flair because they were cheaper. In the end, it would've cost the same amount to fly on a better airline like West Jet. They charge you for every little thing they can. After purchasing a 'cheap ticket' you then have the option to pay for a checked bag, which most airlines do, so no biggy, but they also charge you for a carry on bag which is $35+. Most airlines let you bring a carry on and a personal bag onto the plane for free. Not the case with Flair. So I opted to do neither, I was just going to Vancouver for the weekend, staying with friends so I had no issue fitting everything in a personal bag to put under the seat. After skipping the bagging, they make you choose a seat and charge for every seat! You think buying a plane ticket will include your seat, not the case for Flair. The cheapest seat you can choose is $11. Tickets bought, I was ready for my trip. I got to the airport and they charge $15 to print off your ticket at the airport which is unbelievable. All other airlines have no issues doing this for you. So that's another extra charge. (I was sure to borrow my friends computer on the way back to check in early) Once on the plane, they charge you for drinks and snacks. You know the cups most airlines give you for free during a flight? That will cost you $3.50+. I couldn't believe they charge for that, you don't even get the full can of pop. I was glad I brought my own drink. I will say, the stewardess was really nice and funny and moved people around to make everyone more comfortable (i.e kids) On the way back, the flight was delayed for 45 minutes, which I heard is common for Flair. All in all, I won't be taking Flair again. They make you think you are getting a great deal, but watch out for all the hidden costs!!
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"No white wine, no prosecco"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Toronto. Ridiculous. Late leaving due to maintenance (fine). Arriving in Ottawa when you are on a direct flight from Calgary to Toronto because they "ran out of fuel" completely unacceptable. No white wine, no prosecco.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I was denied boarding"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Can't review the flight itself as I was denied boarding. My government issued ID was expired however I had my birth certificate and SIN card. Because my birth certificate said "Michael " but my SIN card said "Mike", I was not allowed to board. The same ID I used to fly return to Ottawa (Westjet) in September without issue. The check in supervisor was absolutely rude and unprofessional in dealing with the situation. She called her supervisor at my request and said nothing to help. She did say that my ID's were nothing alike, when the only difference was that my first name being shortened to "Mike". This after having to navigate through my browser in order to check in rather than a link in the itinerary email. They don't take cash. Was told in line the cost of two bags would be about $80. Hidden fees and lies. I wasn't the only one in line having issues with checking in.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service was excellent"

Not Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. The Flair service was excellent, the flight attendants were very friendly and everything went smooth. I don’t mind the fact that they charge for extras this is expected with a low cost airline. Great value.
RouteKelowna to Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2019

"extremely positive experience"

Trip Verified | If you read the fine print and prepare in advance, you will have a fine time! I was a bit hesitant to fly Flair after reading mixed reviews. However, after my extremely positive experience I feel it’s important to share. I flew round-trip from Calgary to Toronto, both flights were extremely smooth with no turbulence & kind staff. We left the gate on time, and even arrived/landed early! Both landings were safe and seamless. I didn’t have any issues with check-in or baggage fees and this is majorly in part of reading the fine print; it’s much cheaper to pay for your checked bagged in advance on their website, and to check-in online 24 hours prior to departure. Also, be sure to download your boarding pass to your phone or print it at home to save on airport costs. Please also note that carry-on baggage is not free - but you can bring 1 free personal item/purse/pack sack. My large suitcase was only $30 online, (and up to 50 pounds which is a great deal). I’d definitely fly with them again, I saved so much money. Flair was half the price of Air Canada and WestJet.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"have to pay for a carry on"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. You have to pay for a carry on, flight delayed, extremely poor customer service. How can you justify charging for carry ons?
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I will never use them again"

Not Verified | When leaving for the flight on January 10th 2020 it was delayed twice. I was suppose to land in Kelowna at 130pm didn't arrive until 430pm. Then coming home my flight was canceled due to weather issues which I understand the weather was horrible, but they made us wait to get refunded and/ or rebook for the flight on Monday January 13th and they were completely booked! They never informed us, never gave accommodations. The fact I waited in line for 45 mins and no one even told us the only flight for the next day was booked with no care in the world was unreal to me. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. You couldn't pay me to fly with them again. They then told me the next flight they had was Thursday! Its Sunday. So I had to book another flight and pay double the price then to be told that I won't have my money reimbursed for up to 5 to 10 business days! Horrible horrible experience I will never use them again. When you travel you should be secure I never felt this at all flying with them.
RouteEdmonton to Kelowna
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"always trying to charge you"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver in July 2018. Not happy with the customer service. I feel that they are always trying to charge you for something extra. I purchased carry on baggage and flew from Calgary to Vancouver without any problems or mentions of my baggage. Then on my way back home, they said my luggage was too big for carry on. I argued with them until they let me take it on the flight. It's the same size as when I came to Vancouver. I only came down for a funeral. Not happy with the airline. Having to pay $15 if you dont download your boarding pass. This is how they make their extra money off people. Might as well just fly Air Canada or West Jet.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delays and poor organization"

Vancouver to Toronto. On the plus side, due to the number of delays and poor organization your value in terms of hours spent sitting in a seat per unit dollar spent is amazingly high. The planes appear to have a lack of maintenance. They do give free water on the plane, which is nice. Because almost everything else (including coffee) costs you. They should change their ✅ Trip Verified | schedule to estimate the dates you will take off and land, as that is the closest they appear to be able to manage.
RouteVancouver to Toronto

"Excellent customer service"

Not Verified | Excellent customer service, very welcoming, friendly, fun and knowledgeable flight crew made it a pleasant flight. I was in a row that was full yet there were a few rows that were empty and the flight crew said it was ok that I took an entire row to myself. Very welcoming and accommodating.
RouteAbbotsford to Kelowna via Edmonton