Flair Airlines

"demoralizing customer service"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Calgary booking for January 2019. I found the Flair Air website to be manipulative and deceptive. When you research a flight, you are given a list of 3 or 4 "options". The way it is presented makes them appear to be set prices. There is nothing on the page to indicate they are variable and will go up. You can find that information buried in the huge FAQ section, but their is nothing on the actual page with prices. Nor do they say how many tickets are available at that price. Essentially they are creating a fear based reaction response. As well, when you book your ticket, you are given all the options for baggage purchase right then. Once again, it does not inform you on the actual purchase page that you have the option to purchase later (you have to dig that up from the FAQ). So they worry you into buying a ticket quickly, throw all the purchase choices at your without properly informing you of your rights, and if you are panicked into buying too much luggage, will charge you to refund them! I learned this all the hard way. I was online and purchasing my ticket, and was quoted $992 for my flight of 4 tickets. I got to the luggage choice, couldn't find the information on the fly that I could choose to book luggage later, but clearly understood that I'd have to pay to cancel luggage, so I called the centre to get the answer. By the time I got back to the website the 20 minutes window timed out. The next chance I had to start all over to purchase, the price jumped up $350! This is despite the fact that visually the flight looked equally half empty both times (you see the map when being offered the seat selection). I called the support line, and the response was "nothing i can do, and no there is no manager here to talk to." I emailed the support email, and "sorry, nothing we can do" was the repeated response. No name attached to the email, no one else to further discuss the situation in. The most demoralizing customer service I have experienced.
RouteWinnipeg to Calgary
Date FlownOctober 2018

"still waiting for my luggage"

Trip Verified | Flew from Vancouver to Toronto. Checked in 3 pieces of luggage only got 2. Flair Airline said they outsource luggage to Swissport and does not know what happened. There is no one to call or to locate the luggage. I moved cities for a new job all my work clothes and documents are not that luggage and I don’t have it. You cannot speak to anyone only communicate by email. Flair Airline said they a low cost carrier that’s why they don’t have personal services. Lost cost carrier not a free carrier I paid for a ticket and my extra luggage. If they cannot get simple operations as luggage how on earth do they expect to run an airline business. Im still waiting for my luggage.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. We encountered a major delay, instead we were transferred to Westjet in which our boarding pass encountered a spelling error. We were denied entry on the aircraft because of Flair Airlines mistake. We rushed to get the name changed quickly but to no avail. We have now been in the airport for 12 hours and were given a 10 dollar voucher. Not happy. Never flying with them again.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"get charged for everything"

Trip Verified | Where do I start with this Arline. Coming to Winnipeg from Hamilton it was good until it wad time to board, my personal item the time of check in the was fine, We get to boarding now they tell me to put it in the measuring bin and then they say it’s too big i will have to pay, I was very upset for even more upset when I found out the price I have to pay for the personal item $90.00! Winnipeg to Toronto delayed flight 6 hours. So until the next day 2:55AM - now sitting at the airport as I type I looked at the time boarding time has passed and so is the take off time - delayed again to 3.15am - my original flight was for 8PM. The lady at the front tells me the flight coming here was late and it just landed! I would probably never take the airline again especially because you get charged for everything, the cheap prices get you until you want to add luggage, or a carry, seat selection - so everything basically adds to a regular flight on westjet or even air canada.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"still grounded in the airport"

Trip Verified | We boarded on time 6.35am and left Hamilton International Airport to return within an hour for maintenance! We're still grounded in the airport with the latest update showing departure at 1.00pm! Let's hope this 5th departure update is final! I mean I appreciate the Captain decision to return for maintenance but they could have brought another plane by this time. Imagine the lost business for lot of travelers today!
RouteHamilton to Edmonton via Winnipeg

"such unnecessary fees"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Victoria. Paid for such unnecessary fees. I feel really ripped off. Why do we need to pay these ridiculous fees that I've never seen before. It's supposed to be a discount airline but that's far from.
RouteEdmonton to Victoria
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Extremely annoyed and frustrated"

Trip Verified | Booked flights to Edmonton for Thanksgiving weekend back on June 18th. Recieved an email last Thursday that due to fall schedule changes, my flight back to Victoria was canceled and would be rescheduled automatically for the previous day or I could contact to cancel for a full refund. Ok, kind of annoying 2 weeks before my flight but I understand. Flying home a day early for me however, is not an option so ok no problem I will take the refund for that trip. Try phoning, get told that in my situation I am to go on the website and fill out the form to get reimbursed. When I go online and type my reservation code it brings up both flights (roundtrip) so I make a note that I only want the second leg of the trip canceled as there is no other place for me to select only one leg of the trip (Unless I am completely blind and missed that.) Phone in and explain the situation and what I have done and would like to just clarify that my flight going to Edmonton would not be canceled and get assured it would not be. Get an email last night that both trips have been canceled and refund will be available in 7-10 business days. Try phoning today to get the flight to Edmonton rebooked, no answer. Write an email and no response as of yet. Extremely annoyed and frustrated as I am now 10 days from when I need to fly. Don't think I'll be be flying with Flair again.
RouteVictoria to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Like most, I was wary of using this airline because of all the negative reviews. I arrived at the airport with no expectations, and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were courteous and professional on all flights. It truly is "no frills", like every other ultra-low-cost airline out there, so bring snacks and something to do on the plane and you're set. I would gladly recommend this airline to anyone looking to save on airfare.
RouteVictoria to Hamilton via Edmonton and Winnipeg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the savings are negligible"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. They would not accommodate a change in my family's flights due to a death in the family without charging me the full cost for new tickets. Flair Air markets themselves as a low-cost airline and they certainly are cheaper. However, if you add up the TravelFLEX fee, paying for all your baggage, carry-on bags, snacks, check in fees and all your other fees, the savings are negligible. The fact that their customer service is so far behind the other airlines and they nickel and dime you for everything certainly seals this decision for me in the future. I was nothing but patient and respectful when dealing with them and the fact that I was not treated the same by the company who I paid to provide me a service is just wrong.   Quite simply it is very clear that Flair Airlines doesn't care.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"hope they stay around"

Trip Verified | Flying with Flair Air was excellent. Plane was supposed to leave at 11:05 and literally left at 11:05. We were supposed to land at 11:40, and I walked out of the plane at 11:42 (was last row!). Tickets were very good price, better than I'd ever seen before in Canada. This airline is really a dream come true for the avid and budget traveler, hope they stay around!
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton