Flair Airlines

"I am refusing the voucher"

Trip Verified | I booked a trip leaving Friday night and back Sunday night (since I was working Friday during the day, and Monday). They switched the times to Depart on Friday morning (Which I obviously can't make) and return on Monday (which again conflicts with my work schedule). I kept on calling and calling requesting a refund on service not provider, their customer service was always reading off the same script : no refund, take your new flight, or a voucher valid for a year.They are now holding my money hostage, and wouldn't refund me a service that they simply could not and did not provide The CTA stated the following : "The Canadian Transportation Agency has now conceded that their statement is not a legally binding document and that it doesn’t affect the rights of passengers or obligations to airlines. It is a strategic move on their part to try and save face,” This shows that the credits and vouchers was merely a suggestion, and that airlines can still issue refunds for services not rendered, which is the case here. The service was not provided. And yet, when they got in touch, they stated that the CTA "Gave them the go ahead to issue vouchers instead of refunds", which is a lie With noting this CTA statement too (They very much conveniently left out this part) : "While any specific situation brought before the CTA will be examined on its merits, the CTA believes that, generally speaking, an appropriate approach in the current context could be for airlines to provide affected passengers with vouchers or credits for future travel, as long as these vouchers or credits do not expire in an unreasonably short period of time (24 months would be considered reasonable in most cases).” Here The CTA suggests that 24 months valid voucher. Flair airlines issued 12 months. We can now see that this airline only quotes the CTA when its suitable to their interested. Customers interest don't even come in consideration. Finally, I want my money back, not their 12 months voucher. I requested my money refunded for a service not provided. It's that simple. I paid for a service, and they couldn't provide it after all. I don't want my money held under the form of travels credits or vouchers. I am refusing the voucher or the travel credits.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2020

"a voucher valid for a year"

Not Verified | The absolute worst! I booked a trip leaving Friday night and back Sunday night (since I was working Friday during the day, and Monday). They switched the times to Depart on Friday morning (Which I obviously can't make) and return on Monday (which again conflicts with my work schedule). I kept on calling and calling requesting a refund on service not provider, their pathetic customer service was always reading off the same script : no refund, take your new flight, or a voucher valid for a year. Perfect example of a company using Covid crisis as an excuse for poor customer service and money grab tactics.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"outstanding customer service"

Not Verified | Mary and Ann on flight from Calgary to Toronto in October 2019, delayed but such great personality! Great communication and outstanding customer service. Thank you for keeping me smiling during an extended boarding delay.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"only option was for us was a single use voucher"

Not Verified | Due to the pandemic a wedding we were attending in BC during early May was cancelled and thus we inquired about a refund for the 7 tickets we purchased for round trip flights (over $2000 was spent). As a family of 7 finances due to this situation are now tight and Flairs only option was for us was a single use voucher. All 7 of us will not be able to afford a trip this or next year as a result nor would all 7 of is likely travel together again in that time frame as 3 members of the family are in university.

"absolutely no complaints"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver via Calgary. Absolutely no complaints with the service I received on my flight this week. I half expected them to charge me extra, as I had more carry-on than I was supposed to, but no problem. The plane was clean. No food served due to COVID-19, which was understandable. Comfortable flight. I'd fly with them again. BTW, I saved $200 by booking with them, rather than Westjet or Air Canada! 👍
RouteToronto to Vancouver via Calgary
Date FlownApril 2020

"still waiting for a reply"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford. I booked this flight for my niece in Dec 2019 to fly on March 30th. Flair postponed the flight to April 2 - which was reasonable given the COVID situation. However, they later went on to cancel the flight leaving my niece stranded in Winnipeg with no way to return home. Other airlines were flying just fine. While Flair has a stringent no change policy without insurance, I wasn't expecting to cover their inability to fulfill their side of the bargain. I flew my niece out via Swoop Mar 30th since it was urgent for her to return home and it is now April 6 & we are still waiting for a reply from Flair as to whether they will refund my money. I hold little hope though because this airline isn't even on the scoreboard when it comes to customer service.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"stuck in Abbotsford since yesterday"

Trip Verified | I am stuck in Abbotsford since yesterday due to Flair Airlines cancelling the flight back to Calgary. I was in Abbotsford for a funeral and I went to the airport there was no one from the airline at the counter. The Flair system allowed me to pay for a seat and check in on line one day earlier. This is shameful unprofessional action from an organizational that should have the social responsibility to take care of the individuals affected by the current situation during their travels. I hope management/ employees realize the situation and do the right thing, instead of offering a voucher. (C$65)
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"made me pay for the backpack"

Trip Verified | Due to the Corona Virus I went to stay with my parents in Calgary. I had to come back to Vancouver for an Emergency matter. I left my bags with them as Im going back to calgary. I left my Apartment Key. I called my mom She brought it to the airport. There was still plenty of time left. I asked the Girl from the counter if I can Go and get the Key from my mom, She was not responsive they held me there for 10 minutes Until they said that there is no time to go back and get the key through the security. I didnt have a baggage or any thing it could only take 5 minutes. They gave me lots of made up excuses and threatened that I might lose my flight. I faced a lot of difficulties because of them not being Cooperative. I wouldn't even hold the plane. Also when I boarded (with out my Apartment key) They didn't let me sit on The Exit rows although the plane was empty due to Virus. The Attendant said They need to have Documentation! Also they made me pay for the backpack that I have been using for two years taking their flights and not paid anything for it even once. This is how they treat Customers. The head attendant came to me with explanations and not apologies telling me that the Girl at the gate is Upset.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"non-accommodating staff"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. It’s a wonder the reviews for this airline are over 2 stars .. terrible desk staff, no consistency with regards to what constitutes “personal carry on”, non-accommodating staff. This was my first and certainly my last, experience with the airline. It takes nothing to be polite.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg

"Flair was awesome!"

Not Verified | Flair was awesome! I flew to Edmonton for crazy cheap with my son. No issues at all and great customer service. I am so sad to hear they are leaving Abbotsford! We had a horrible experience with Swoop and was only ever going to book with flair.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton