Flair Airlines

"worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | The worst airline and customer service experience ever. Their advertising is false and they mislead their clients. They pose as the cheapest rate but then charge you for personal bags and carry on. I travel a lot and this flight cost me more at the end than with a reputable larger airline. I will never fly with this company
RouteToronto to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJuly 2024

"imposing strict dimensions for bags"

Trip Verified | First time in my whole travelling experience that personal bags are checked with precise dimensions. I usually travel with just my backpack as a personal bag but this time, this airline are imposing strict dimensions for bags. My bag are a bit long but it would definitely fit under the seat. Their dimensions are too small compared with the space under the seat. This is just plain scam to be honest. Never flying with this airline again.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2024

"unprofessional check in staff"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. Most unprofessional check in staff in Winnipeg, I asked their names and they refused to give me their names to complain. If I could rate this airline a 0 I would gladly do that. The Supervisor was the most unexperienced rude woman. We were trying to explain our issue and she didnt care listening is the first thing you should do to handle any issue. Never ever again.
RouteWinnipeg to Calgary
Date FlownJuly 2024

"harassed about the size of the personal item"

Not Verified | Flair showed the cheapest flight, but I felt harassed at the boarding gate about the size of the personal item and potentially charged extra to make it a carry-on. At Boarding pass desk, the lady harassed me to give my credit card only then she gave me boarding pass. I saw her doing same to other passenger.
RouteSaskatoon to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Don’t cheat regular passengers"

Not Verified | The flight was delayed for 2h as usual like every other time. Got an email about a voucher for food with an amount of $7.00 stating the boarding pass was loaded with the amount. There isn’t any money loaded in the boarding pass and not sure you are able to do this. You need a separate voucher with a QR code to use. Don’t cheat regular passengers. I would suggest you to work little harder to maintain proper time. It’s affecting all who is taking your flight for various reasons. Please be respectful!
RouteEdmonton to Kelowna
Date FlownJuly 2024

“my last time travelling with them”

Not Verified | Worst experience that I have ever had with any airline after so many times that I travelled in my life. I got attitude from staff, I overpaid for the services, they overbook flights and blame it on us. If you ask them for help, example, if you only have one arm, my case, they didn’t help me. Charged me for check in and then forced me to carry the luggage as carry on. After booking your flight, be careful, you will have to pay extra at last minute including your seat and their mistakes. With Flair Airlines, they even used my credit card without asking me and showing me the total, and after swiping it, I was not given the privilege to use the services that was deducted from my credit card. I have to say that was my last time travelling with them.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2024

"squeeze out as many charges as possible"

Trip Verified | Before this ridiculous experience with flair, my family was a victim of the West Jet Strike in June 2024 which eventually led us to be booked for a flair flight as a part of one of our newly rebooked connecting flights on our way to Australia. We lost thousands already due to the strike and it was a pleasant surprise to receive a message from flair stating that they cannot take checked luggage on our flight due to a maintenance issue. We received this message less than 2 HOURS before boarding time and of course we had already paid extra money for a checked bag so hearing this was a major upset. Unfortunately that was not all because upon arriving at the boarding gate and having already figured out a solution for our luggage, they were already pestering other flight passengers for the size of their carry on (which they had to pay for) and their personal items. Thank god we paid for carry on and we had our items fit in the unreasonably small carry on check. As I’m writing this my father was checked a second time for the size of his backpack even though he already received a check tag for it. The attendant claimed it looked “puffier”. I’m curious regarding how much these people are getting paid to use so much effort to squeeze out as many charges as possible.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2024

"never choose this airline again"

Trip Verified | I had a deeply frustrating experience with Flair Airlines that I feel compelled to share. Although the check-in desk accepted my luggage, a light, small-sized notebook case and a suit cover, as one item, I faced a nasty surprise at the gate. At the last minute, they demanded an extra $75 CAD, stating it wasn't considered one item. This can be considered a kind of fraud. Flair Airlines may appear cheaper at first glance, but their last-minute charges make them far more expensive than other options. This deceptive approach is unacceptable and only serves to lose passengers. I will never choose this airline again.
RouteWaterloo to Calgary
Date FlownJuly 2024

"by far the worst airline"

Not Verified | Do not fly with this airline. Pay the extra and travel stress free. Whatever bad reviews have been posted about this airline are all true. Today they didn't tag my personal items bag saying it was too big when it clearly fitted between the gaps. Finally the woman with the tags took it personal when I argued with her and started picking on other things, like you can't carry plastic bags and etc. It is by far the worst airline and I will never travel with them again.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2024

"prefer money over customer satisfaction"

Trip Verified | They offer cheap flights but you will pay double the ticket price at airport counter for bags, for even personal carry on (7kg). It use to be way more convenient, but now all they prefer is money over customer satisfaction. My flight got delayed by almost 8 hours and I have to sacrifice my other plans just because of them. I met a lady at airport counter who said I will be entitled for a refund of up to $800, when I submit the request they clearly denied for it by giving so and so reasons. I repeat, do not fall for their worst baggage policies. Thanks
RouteHalifax to Montreal