Flair Airlines

"definitely fly with Flair again"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Amazing Deal and flight. My flight from Edmonton to Vancouver was only $108.50 which included a checked bag! Flight arrived on time, seat had lots of leg room and the crew was friendly. I would definitely fly with Flair again.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver

"cancel my return trip"

Trip Verified | Flair Airline cancel my return trip from Toronto to Edmonton did not send any confirmation of cancellation, not even offer for a refund whatsoever. No clear communication, nothing at all. There customers service are awful. They are not even helpful instead of giving sh.t and blame on you. There customer service are not even open at 8 pm on Sunday. So I call in the morning asking questions about my flight and what they can do for me. They told me there is nothing that they can do. I am on my own. Flair Airline are very unethical. I have heard bad things about Flair before but never believe it until is happen to me. I will never ever travel with this airline. Is not worth the trouble headache and stress that they bring on you. It will end up cost you a fortune like me and my family we have to come up with $1680 for the three of us to fly home. How Flair Airline can still allowed to operates business with no set of standards. Better off to pay a little higher price with a reputable airline that they don’t screw you over and rob your money during day light.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2019

"you get what you paid for"

Trip Verified | Flair is a budget airline so you get what you paid for. You have to check in online before you get to the airport and there is no complimentary food or drinks on board. There is also no inflight entertainment so you must provide something yourself. I read all of this online before my flight so I was prepared. I got my bag fully checked through quickly at the airport. My flight ended up leaving early and landed 20 mins early as well. Inflight staff were lovely and funny. The plane is old but again, it's a budget airline. 2nd time I've flown with them, the first time the flight was 2 hours late due to weather which was not their fault.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver via Calgary
Date FlownApril 2019

"last time we fly with Flair"

Trip Verified | My spouse and I decided to try Flair for the first time to save about $150. It will be the last time we fly with Flair. The inconvenience was not worth the money we saved! We booked our flights with Flair from Edmonton to Abbotsford as well as return flights back in Jan of 2019. Our flight to Abbotsford was scheduled for 10:25 on 5 Apr with our return flight scheduled for 13:25 on 8 Apr. On 29 Mar we received an email stating our return flight was changed from 13:25 to 16:25. This was a large inconvenience but we were committed at this point. Fast forward to 5 Apr, the morning of our scheduled departure. We wake up early to get ready for our flight and I see an email stating our flight will be delayed by an hour or so. We decided to get to the airport early regardless as it’s an hour drive. Everything seems fine according to the board for departures and at the gate. 30 mins before our scheduled departure they announce we will be boarding immediately. Nothing happens. When we should be taking off they announce at the gate there was “unscheduled maintenance” and we would be delayed another 30 mins. This again changes to 1.5 hrs. Then we are told we will be getting a different plane. Then another delay, and another. We eventually depart at approx 18:15, almost a full 8 hours later on the original plane we were supposed to fly on. Needless to say this was a massive inconvenience and ruined our trip. Flair gave us a $10 food voucher for the inconvenience! How kind! That doesn’t buy you a pretzel at the airport, and it also couldn’t be used for alcohol. So we saved $150 on the flights but spent over $300 on food and drinks as we were in the airport for so long. On 8 Apr we are ready to board and again find out as we are supposed to be boarding there is “unscheduled maintenance”. Fortunately this ended up being only about an hour delay. I’m speaking with others at the airport who flew from Winnipeg on Flair their flight was cancelled outright until the next day. Read the reviews...this is a theme with this airline. Major delays on flights and constant cancellations. The only positive were the crew. Never again will we fly with Flair.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"insurance was useless"

Trip Verified | Customer service does not give me the proper information and retract what they had originally told me in regard to flight changes. I purchased insurance through travel company which was useless as they don't hold up to what their selling. I had to pay almost 300 to change flight. I rescheduled the 2nd flight and they wanted to charge me again for a full flight fare. Basically over 1300 dollars to fly return from Vancouver to Winnipeg.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg

"Do not fly them"

Not Verified | Horrible airline. Do not fly them. Cancelled my Edmonton to Vegas flight that is less than 3 weeks away. We had to rebook hotels and all new flights for inflated flights with another airline due to the timing. Also my friend that came back just recently on Flair roundtrip from Vegas had a 5 hour delay and no compensation. I guess you get what you pay for with this airline. Just pay more and rest easy. If I could rate 0 I would, but the option is not possible.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew to Edmonton from Toronto to pickup my children who live there, we were heading to Mexico on another airline. This trip was to a golf resort so I took my golf clubs. My clubs never made it too Edmonton and the next day when we were delayed by more than 12 hours, by weather, another Flair flight arrived from Toronto, still no clubs. At this point the Flair baggage rep said they didn't know where my clubs were, Toronto, Edmonton or possibly Vancouver. Flair told me to keep my golf expense receipts and they would reimburse me. The resort graciously lent me clubs for a round and I only bought golf balls, not shoes or gloves which I could've used. My clubs showed up 4 days later on yet another airline and Flair told me I'd have to pick them up as they didn't have reps at the airport to deliver the clubs. I explained that the airport was an hour away, we'd already lost a day to weather and I wasn't going to spend 3 hours travelling back and forth to the airport looking for my clubs while trying to enjoy my vacation with my children, they responded with sorry. Now that I'm home and have submitted my lowly receipt for $80 they are not reimbursing me and keep throwing up road blocks as to why they are not. They claim they need a larger photo of the receipt, I've provided it yet they ask for an even larger one when the one I supplied is clear as day. Very frustrated with the poor customer service. Why would I fly with them again?!
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2019

"They switched the airport"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. They had a 4 hour delay because one flight attendant called in sick last minute. They switched the airport me and my husband were going to arrive and they said they will pay for a taxi ride to the correct airport. When we landed at the new airport there was no one on the counter and we had to wait an extra hour for someone to show up, after we had 3 different people on the airport page someone from the airline. I sent an email to their customer service and they just said they are sorry but they won’t do any compensation. Wouldn’t recommend this airline.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2019

"much more than I expected"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. My first trip on Flair was much more than I expected for a discount carrier. It was perfect. I travel twice a month on the non-discount carriers and I have been getting use to their poor service and late flights (my April anniversary trip has been changed so many times I am not sure when my flights are). So happy that there is another carrier to compete with the other carriers.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton

"Was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Was very sceptic before undertaking this trip, specially after reading all the negative reviews of the airline. Was pleasantly surprised on my actual experience, actually was better than a lot of low cost experienced earlier. The ground staff was very pleasant to deal with, on time performance, huge leg room on regular seats and an ultra smooth touch down at both instances. Just one issue, one of the cabin crew member was not only kind of rude but was also wearing a very strong and irritable perfume. Overall, a great value for money.
RouteToronto to Calgary