Flair Airlines

"inexperienced crews"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Palm Springs. Terrible flight. We were suppose to land in Palm Springs only to be diverted to Las Vegas because the pilot was not experienced enough to land in low cloud or raining condition. Then we had to ride a bus for 5 hours from Las Vegas go Palm Springs airport. Not a word from an airline representative, not even a complimentary meal along the way. Lessoned learned is you get what you pay for. Cheap flights = cheap airline = inexperienced crews
RouteEdmonton to Palm Springs

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. February 9, 2019. Flight out of Toronto was scheduled to depart for 7am, with boarding at 06h15. At 7am we still had not boarded and had not received any announcements fro the gate crew. A few minutes after 7am, the gate crew announced “unscheduled maintenance of the plane, we will update you every 15 minutes”. Two and a half hours later they were still repeating the same message and they still provided no information regarding the nature of the problem, any approximate time when we could expect the flight to be leaving, whether the flight would be cancelled, if we should make other arrangements, nothing. The gate crew knew nothing, they didn’t know what the issue on the plane was. They could not provide any number to call for updates or any help. I called the customer service number from the website and they told me according to their systems the plane was still showing as scheduled to depart at 7am, this was at 10am! Through customer service I had my flight cancelled, and rebooked with Westjet at a large extra cost with their next available flight at 4pm. On the phone again with Flair customer service, the agent said their policy is to not provide money for flights rebooked with other airlines. She said they have a new plane arriving and leaving at 12 noon (this is 5 hours past the scheduled departure time). As we waited for our Westjet flight, we watched the flight information board to see if the Flair flight would in fact leave at 12 noon. At almost 1230pm the flight board updates to say the Flair flight is now delayed till 2pm (7 hours past scheduled departure). A few minutes after 2pm, the flight info board showed that the flight had been cancelled. On the phone with Customer Service with Flair, I was told by customer service they don’t have a complaints department and she had no idea if or when anyone from the company would respond to my complaint. In fact the woman was quite antagonistic, there was no feeling of them trying to help me at all. A couple days later, I called back to Flair customer service to see if they could provide some refund for the extra 800$ we had to spend to leave the airport that day and they said they will not provide a refund. The only option they provide is to book the next flight with Flair Air. In this case, that flight was leaving at 07h00 the next day, but we didnt have anywhere to stay and didnt want to take the chance of another 7 hour delay and cancellation with this airline. Horrible experience.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"never fly Flair Airlines again"

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Winnipeg via Edmonton. Well we had a great week. Snagged a great deal for a week in Las Vegas and took it. On the way to Las Vegas we had a scheduled layover in Edmonton that ended longer than expected. Flair Airlines had initially informed us that it was a crew rest issue, then it was that they were waiting for a co-pilot and the stories kept changing. Initially our flight was to be a direct flight from Winnipeg to Las Vegas and return but 11 days before departure they notified us that we would be going to Edmonton due to a change in the winter schedule (only to find out that they had not sold as many seats as expected). The layover of 3 hrs ended up being 5 hrs plus. Arrival at the Macarran International Airport was just as chaotic. The flight crew didn't say anything and the gate crew only mentioned that we could pick up our luggage at carousel 25, no terminal number or which shuttle to take. Many of the passengers including us ended at the wrong location and had to back track. Now for the return flight, this is where it really got frustrating. Prior to packing and leaving we get an email that there would be a 1.5 hr delay. It was assured that the connecting flight would be held for us. This was again stated very clearly at the gate that we would have our connection flight to Winnipeg waiting for us. Again every excuse about the delay. From what was conveyed to some travellers was that there were about 45 passengers connecting. Keep this in mind that there were 45 passengers deplaning, having to do a 5 minute walk to the customs hall, clear customs, wait at the wrong carousel that the agents had announced though it was minor, to exit customs and lug our baggage to the Flair counter who appeared to be unaware of our situation (in retrospect their doe eyed response most likely due to the plane preparing to leave without us), to then just clear screening to have final call be announced. That was just wrong, we had to run to the gate, others contemplated running in their socks from screening to make up time. No one took their time, we didn't even have time to take a washroom break unless you were waiting for your luggage in the customs hall. There were no agent to answer questions at the customs reception, passengers were given the impression that their luggage would be transferred to the connecting flight. I had to inform a select group sitting next to us in Las Vegas that we would have to hump our luggage to the check in counter. They confirmed this with the gate and were also angry that this was not being relayed to the rest of the passengers. The travel was an adventure and an example of how not to succeed in business. After reading other complaints we will never fly Flair Airlines again.
RouteLas Vegas to Winnipeg via Edmonton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"My experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. Just returned home from Calgary after 4 days. I read the reviews for Flair after I already booked . Based on the majority of reviews I was quite concerned i had made a bad choice. My experience was very good. Both segments were on time with regards to departure times.All staff i dealt with were courteous and friendly.. people need to understand this is a low còst carrier , they have the company policy regarding baggage and other services on their internet site. Yes they are rigid about charging for oversized or overweight dags. However, don't complain because you have to pay for things that you may have gotten away with on previous flight . I paid less than half what westjet charges for the same flight. I am sure Flair Air does need to address how they deal with the issues raised by others regarding delays. I am also sure we need Flair to succeed. They are what will keep other airlines from inflating their fares without consequences.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Miami. The worst airline ever. I would never deal with it. The first flight was delayed due to airline incompetence. And flight back, my family was left at the check in counter with out any assistance from airline. It forced us to miss our flight and book another flight with another airline at a much higher rate .
RouteToronto to Miami

"stressful and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | 1:30 PM Flight F8-416 from Vancouver to Edmonton. The flight was a little bit late taking off, no big deal. Then when we were almost halfway to Edmonton, the pilot announced that the engine was making funny sounds and that he had turned us around so we could go back to Vancouver to (hopefully) land. There were fire trucks waiting there for us when we landed. When we got off the plane, they made it clear that they had zero idea what was going on. They announced again that they had zero idea what was going on. 4PM: They announced that they would be coming by and handing out beverages to everyone. 5PM: They gave us an update saying they still had no idea what was going on but that a mechanic was looking at the engine. 6PM: I had an important class starting the next morning, so I went up and asked what would happen if they couldn’t get the plane working soon. They said I had to two options: Get a refund from Flair and go book with another airline for $300 more on my own dime. Wait until the next morning for them to figure out a flight arrangement for me. 6:30: I went to WestJet and they said they could not book me a flight until Flair returns my luggage to me. 6:45: I waited in a huge line to talk to Flair to get them to pull my luggage. I asked what happened to the beverage they said they were giving out a voucher instead. I said oh great, I would love one of those. And the man told me I would have to go wait in ANOTHER lineup of 40-50 people, even though the vouchers were sitting there right beside him. 7PM: They announced that the flight was indeed cancelled as the engine was deemed unfit for flying. Good thing I already got a seat booked with WestJet, but I had to run to the luggage carousel, grab my stuff, and go back through security again, barely making it on my new flight. I realize some things are out of everyone’s control, but there are a couple things here that really irritated me about this situation, and about Flair: It seems that over half of their flights have some serious technical issue that prevents take-off, or landing at the desired airport. They do absolutely nothing to compensate their clients for serious inconveniences such as this. I didn’t even get the drink they promised me. They don’t have backup planes, so if the plane is screwed, you’re screwed. They seem to get away with charging people ridiculous amounts of money for a CARRY-ON. Plus they put a weight restriction on a personal item. They just really want to make your flight as stressful and uncomfortable as they possibly can. The guy didn’t even want to give me my full refund because I booked through a third party. I looked at him square in the eye and told him that he was going to give me every last penny that I paid for the flight, including bag fees, and he finally agreed to give me the refund. They kept lying through the whole thing and emailing out new itineraries saying the flight would depart at a later time, for example 6PM, when they knew darn well that was simply not true. They sent that out right after they said they had no idea when or if the mechanic would be able to fix it.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Couldn’t get more frustrating"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. Couldn’t get more frustrating sitting at the boarding gate for almost 4 hours. No regular communication with delay updates to the passengers. “ Mechanical Issues” was their only disclosure. The costs are hidden and the quality couldn’t get shabbier.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"horrible experience"

Not Verified | Orlando to Winnipeg. Absolutely horrible experience. On the night before the flight we received an email from Flair advising that the flight would be delayed by 3 hours. Then a few hours later we recieved another email saying nevermind and that the flight was on track. On the day of the flight, we were held in the plane for nearly 3 hours without being told what was happening. When asking what was going on the staff just said that they were waiting for instruction from the captain. However, instead of speaking with us to calm the situation they were on their phones and laughing with each other while we were all stressed, worried, and confused about what was going on. After a significant amount of time we finally started moving and then as the plane looked like it was about to take off on the run way it just stopped sudden. And the pilot then told us that the plane was not operational. We sat again frustrated and confused for about an hour asking for them to let us off but they refused. Once they finally let us off, we had to wait another hour before they told us the flight was delayed. During all this time we were given no food and no water. After almost 2 hours they decided to give us a $10 meal voucher which wasn't accepted at certain restaurants. It wasn't long until they told us the flight was cancelled and we were then instructed to grab our checked bags at the baggage claim. There we received accomodation at different hotels and were told that he next flight would be at 5am the next morning. By the time we reached the hotel and after an hour long wait to check in due to the rush of the hotel manager getting the rooms ready, we weren't checked in until after 10pm. Since the shuttle didn't run until 5am we had to get an Uber to the airport. At 11pm we received another email saying the flight was delayed until 7:15am. Some chose to just stay at the airport overnight since the flight was so early. While waiting we then found out the flight was delayed again until 7:35am. The plane did not leave until around 8am. Never flying with this company again and would recommend.
RouteOrlando to Winnipeg

"Terrible customer services"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Terrible experience flight. F416 was delayed more than 8 hours from Vancouver to Edmonton. Terrible customer services - staff at the waiting area kept suggesting us to sing birthday song, have a drum and gymnastics party. It affected people who really wanted to sit and rest. She also suggested us to gather upfront partying. What about the baggage left behind? Should security and safety be the first concern within the security area? Should the staff be more professional in managing this kind of situation?
AircraftB74
RouteVancouver to Edmonton

"went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | These guys were amazing. I had to take a sudden flight out to Calgary from Vancouver due to family death. I had a hard time containing my emotions or even thanking the staff as I flew with them. However, the staff went above and beyond what was expected of them. I regret not being able to thank everyone of them on flight F8138 from YVR to YYC on feb 8th 12ppm flight. Thank you friends, continue exactly this. I’m amazed and so incredibly thankful.
RouteVancouver to Calgary