Flair Airlines

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with Flair Airlines. I tell this to every family and friend I know. Worst customer service. 6 hour delay and then a cancelled flight resulting in a cancelled trip where I was supposed to attend a friends wedding. Vacation days at work wasted. Staff were not being honest. I put my name down for a refund and waited the 5-6 business days, I never got it. Just called them and waited 40 minutes for them to take my call. Refund request was never submitted so I now have to wait 7-10 more business days. No compensation and very little apology. Worst airline I have ever experienced.
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not impressed by this airline"

Trip Verified | I am not even on the plane yet but I can already say I am not impressed by this airline. This is my first time using this airline and all I am hearing are prices been shout out. Our flight has been delayed for 40 minutes but no one has apologized but they have the audacity to say if you have more than one boarding pass on your phone you will be charge $2, you are charged $10 for printing your boarding pass at the airport, $50 for carry on($35 online). I was told this airline was meant to be cheaper compare to the others, but I am saying it is better to pay extra to the competition than to pay for every bit on your way to your destination. $2 because someone has more than one pass on their own phone, all this is ridiculous to me. No carry on in 2018, who does that? I am so shocked by what I am seeing and hearing right now.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2018

"onboard staff are great"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. I have flown with Flair Airlines every week for a few months now. I have no luggage just a small day pack which fits in their personal luggage rack. 18 Liter size is about as big as you can get if you don't want to pay extra. I save thousands of dollars with Flair Airlines. The onboard staff are great and having been on a few delayed flights we were always advised on changes. I do not want to have to return to using Air Canada or West-jet as they will really increase prices if Flair Fails. Clear announcements from Ground Staff would go a long way towards allowing customers to remain informed and or make timely decisions if changes need to be made.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I would recommend Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary via Edmonton. It was a last minute flight, I was scared after reading feedback from the reviews. Flight is an older aircraft I believe its from 1985. Its Boeing 737-400. Staff were very friendly and courteous. If you want to save some money make sure you print your boarding pass from home so you don't pay extra in the airport to print the boarding pass. Check your luggage from online where you'll be able to save some money as well. Our flight was delayed but not because of Flair Air's fault it was because of snow. I would recommend Flair Air.
RouteToronto to Calgary via Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. I was very disappointed with the service this airline provides, they have poor communication skills and are not honest to their customers. I was aware that my flight was delayed until 8 pm (originally departure was suppose to be at 315 pm) I go back to the airport, check in, wait 8pm comes around no announcement that it is now delayed until 9 pm then 1030 pm then 11 then 12 at this point I chose to rebook for the following days flight, well get there everything was going ok from the looks of it online, it showed that flight was on time, we were told told be at gate by 230 to board plane - no plane, no employees, no communication! After about 30 to 40 mins they come and make an announcement that the plane in Vancouver is boarding and will be on their way shortly 15 mins later we were informed that the plane is on its way - about about 30 mins later we were told the plane had to turn around in Vancouver! No one there knew anything (apparently) they couldnt put us on a different fly from a different airline they could not do anything but give us a refund which takes 5 to 10 business days! We sat and waited only to be told after many many hrs later it is cancelled! I then call customer service to see what other options they can offer what a joke they "dont know anything". Never will fly with them or recommend them to others! Now my trip is cancelled I was on my way to meet my new grandson, they ruined that for me.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never been so dissatisfied"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Toronto. This was my worst flight experience ever. Sure you save $50-100, but they delayed my flight 10+ times, eventually to the next day, only to delay it further. They kept saying “maintenance”. Eventually, I took the L and booked with WestJet for like $500 one way. The fact that I was willing to spend that much goes to show how frustrated I was with Flair. Hopefully they actually give me the refund they promised me. Do yourself a favor, just spend the extra cash to go on a reliable airline. I’ve never been so dissatisfied with a service in my life. How do they get away with this?
Date FlownNovember 2018

"no accommodating for delays"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Toronto. Flight delayed by over 8 hours. They have no realistic plan of accommodating for delays. No hotel accommodation, no rebooking, no appropriate refunds.

"Absolutely awful company"

Not Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. Absolutely awful company, arrived at the airport at 1:00 PM for my 3:00 PM flight, then the flight was delayed until 8:00, and later again to 10:00, and then finally they informed us the flight was MIA and would have to reschedule the flight for the next day. I sat at the airport and wasted my whole day. They claimed there was a problem with the plane, but this was a lie, they were literally just trying to sell more tickets as the plane wasn't nearly sold out.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not recommend flying them"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Terrible service flight was initially delayed 3 hours received email morning of to expect 3 hour delay, fair enough showed up 3 hours later then initially scheduled to find flight is actually closer to six hours delayed. Get 10 dollar food voucher. Coming back flight is now 7 hours delayed, we board the plan sit on the tarmac for another hour while flight attendants trying to figure out who the missing passenger from the flight passenger list is. Flight attends now manually check people ID and tickets. Flights total of 8 hours behind schedule. None of the staff seem to have any idea why flight is delay or what the plan of action is. Would not recommend flying them. Calling there customer service desk is a whole other story I won’t get into. Spend the extra money fly with someone else.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Kelowna. Missed my first flight and was not allowed on my connecting flight and would not also honour my flight home. I dont understand how a modern airline can have no customer service and why they would cancel every other flight of a long trip. Avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteWinnipeg to Kelowna