Finnair

(Poland)

I have had silver status for some years and Finnair has deteriorated considerably. The only plus is new planes but that`s it. Entertainment system with very poor selection meals below standard - on Asian routes they serve only one proper meal and one tiny hot sandwich. On short European routes only beverages are complimentary. FAs rather indifferent. Customer service is very poor - I emailed FF customer service asking about an award ticket but after 10 days they replied that I should call E-Business Help Desk in Helsinki (I live in Poland). What a poor customer service! Not up to 4 star airline.

Finnair customer review

BKK to MAN via Helsinki. Due to the Finnair strike was re-booked onto BA for a flight leaving 15 hours later. Friendly check-in staff provided a good standard airport hotel with all meals without this even having been requested.

Finnair customer review

AMS-HEL-BKK return. AMS-BKK was very good new single seats on A330 service and food very good. Return flight delayed almost 2hours later then planned. Captain and staff informed passengers every 20 minutes - delayed arrival missed connection to Amsterdam. Airport staff very friendly and did all they can to book on other (non AY flights). One thing AY could change is their IFE not much choice.

Finnair customer review

LHR-HEL-BKK return Business Class. Normally I travel direct to Asia so I was dubious about transfering in Helsinki but no worries. The lounge is bright and comfortable. BA Silver card holders get free drinks and food (also pre flight dining). I used the Spa (cost €40) - surprised to have to pay as I thought it was free for business travellers but worth every penny. A330 is spacious with mood lighting. Very attentive service delicious Scandinavian food and wine and the seat went flat. There are a number of single seats in cabin which I would have liked but was unsuccessful at checkin - should have been online earlier! Return leg I was convinced the 30mins connection time would mean a lost bag but my case was first off in London. . My one criticism would be the inflight entertainment system - choice is limited and bland and the blanket was too heavy and hot.

(Belgium)

We were using Finnair for their direct flight Helsinki to Hong Kong. Arriving 30 minutes before midnight in Helsinki we were denied bording (due to overbooking as we found out the next day). We were not given any explanation ground staff was unfriendly and not at all service minded (refusing to discuss compensation or meal vouchers at all). We had to stay in a sub-standard airport hotel without facilities). The next day the experience continued: staff was unable to handle to the re-booking in a smooth fashion showed a high stress level and no service culture. Food at the Finnair long haul flights is 3/10 at the best. Cabin staff was alright but certainly not as friendly or customer oriented as Asian airlines. Our summary: never long haul with Finnair again.