Finnair

"Staff are very friendly and supportive"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Paris. Regular airline with average quality. Planes are varying from very old A319/320 up to new A350, so depends if you are lucky or not. Staff are very friendly and supportive. On the flights you can get water, tea, coffee or juice, everything else at an extra cost (that is a bit expensive). Solid meal needs to be booked in advance. Seat space usually pretty good.
RouteHelsinki to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"perfectly service-minded"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Dublin. Was somewhat skeptical to 3 hours flight in such a small aircraft but it wasn’t so bad. We were 4 passengers in business class and each of us had a spare seat besides. But what made the flight so pleasant was the male purser. He was so perfectly service-minded and took great care of us during the flight.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteHelsinki to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Happily surprised"

Not Verified | Happily surprised. The good - ok price, plus Finnair uses an A350 on the BKK - HEL route. Fantastic plane, very quiet and comfortable seats with tons of legroom and good recline. I honestly think it beat BA premium on their aged 777s. The design of the cabin was clean and modern. F&B was average. The route is quickest 1 stop from BKK to LHR. 10 hrs to Helsinki, a short stopover and 3 hrs to London. Not much longer than a direct flight. The less good. Although the airport is small and quick to gate, its still uses buses. And the bus winds around the airport forever. The second leg was a cramped airbus A330. Would be nice if Finnair used the same plane through to London, and make it a short stop rather than stopover, like EVA do at Bangkok to Taipei, then I would use them rather than direct EVA or Thai.
RouteBangkok to London via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"seat recline button was broken"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Chicago. I was flying back from running Berlin Marathon Monday, I upgraded my seat from a middle to an aisle and to economy comfort to have more comfort. I was hoping to recline on my 9 hour flight. My seat recline button was broken, I could not recline. The purser only offered me a middle seat back in economy or free wifi. The wifi never worked. The purser said Finnair would definately refund my upgrade cost but today I received a denial of my refund. This is unacceptable!
RouteHelsinki to Chicago

"highly recommended Finnair"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Singapore via Helsinki. Did not enjoy our outbound trip with Finnair on 3/9/2019 but our inbound flight on 25/9/2019 was much better. All flights were on time and luggage arrived fine. Finnair main lounge at gate 52 is now under renovations so the current lounge there is much smaller in size. Food wise, still very bad, almost laughable - 3 hot items of vegetarian meat balls, baked potatoes & baked breaded fish (hence, not crispy). In addition, there is a hot chicken soup which is not too bad. Plus 4-5 types cold salads ...which we dare not try. On board, our pre-booked Chef’s Gourmet of slow cooked Reindeer steak is certainly worth staying awake for - tender & flavorful, our best meal from Finnair so far. Breakfast of Apple strudel or Smoked Salmon omelet was also quite good. Cabin manager was outstanding is his friendliness & helpfulness. In the end, we managed some 5-6 hours of sleep during the 11 hours flight, not too bad as this had met our expectations. Overall, highly recommended Finnair if their promotional Business class rates are attractive enough.
AircraftA350-900
RouteVienna to Singapore via Helsinki

"My baggage was damaged"

Trip Verified | Toronto to London with British Airways, connecting with Finnair to Yekaterinburg via Helsinki. My baggage was damaged (all the bottom of the luggage was ripped apart, 2 wheels were lost). I reported my damaged baggage as soon as I got it in the destination airport. I contacted with Finnair lost baggage department but after 3 months correspondence with them I didn't get any result. By the way, my new baggage which I bought to come home was broken too but taking into consideration the poor customer service I got from the company I didn't report it.
AircraftAY5998, AY1334, AY0725
RouteToronto to Yekaterinburg
Date FlownMay 2019

"the food was quite bad"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Vienna via Helsinki. First flew Finnair Business in 2017 and did not sleep well. Now flying Finnair the second time and yet, never sleep well - when bed is lowered to the fully flat position, you cannot help but to feel and listen to stomping feet of people walking past you! Though the crew were friendly & helpful, the food was quite bad for me, almost inedible deep fried noodles for breakfast. Luckily, all flights were on time and luggage arrived at final destination in Vienna. For me, flying Business is to be able to catch at least 5 hours of solid sleep during a 12 hours flight. However, we only managed 3-4 at most. Finnair lounge at Helsinki Gate 22 is also a shame - over crowded with only 2 shower cubicles! Hopefully we will have a better flight back home 3 weeks later.
RouteSingapore to Vienna via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"don’t have vegetarian meal available"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Warsaw . I am deeply dissapointed by the lack of interest in ecological issues. The staff pour all the drinks in plastic. Also they don’t have any vegetarian meal available, even though we chose them during the process of online check in.
RouteHelsinki to Warsaw

"poor communication skills"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Very poor communication skills and customer service of a cabin crew and ground crew. On board during my flight from HEL to Singapore via BKK I asked the cabin crew if I could buy bottled water. She replied "we don't have extra bottled water". I asked again because I wish to have a bottle as I drink more often than half plastic cup they give. She gave me the 1.lite bottle filled with 1/4 water and said "I give this to you but we are not supposed to give this bottle as we should be sharing the water to everyone". I find this comment very ridiculous as of Im hoarding the entire water of the plane. I'm having difficult pregnancy so I vomit easily due to discomfort in movement. I was standing in front of the toilet to throw my bag, then she came and I confirm while pointing to the toilet" can I throw this (my vomit bag) in here. She said "No everything must go to toilet you can't throw here (pointing to food trash near the toilet) those bags go to toilet. nothing should be thrown here, that goes to toilet". She was very impatient when I asked plastic bag the second time. Due to turbulence I felt motion sick again, so I had to ask again. I asked could I please have one more bag? She replied: How about two? here! I Flying back from Singapore to Helsinki I have 3 pieces of luggage weighing 21, 23, 23 kg.total of 67kg. Upon check-in the staff told me to put my bags on the belt (to check in luggage) I said: Can I please ask an assistant? Staff: Why? ( with a very unfriendly tone) are you expecting? ( in other airlines this is very basic question upon collection of details, she never bother to ask initially) Mrs. Siren: yes.. what do you think? Staff relied that they do not have an assistant. I said please find somebody to help. After several minutes later one male & female volunteered to help her and load the luggage. Inconsiderate and heartless staff.
RouteSingapore to Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Excellent experience"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Lisbon. The flight was in time, boarding was smooth. Service was nice, we had pre-ordered sandwiches for the return flight, delicious. Crew was nice, friendly and smiling. Nordic sky was working well, easy you se and read the newspapers and listen to voicebooks. Excellent experience.
AircraftA321ER