Finnair

"A350 is a fantastic aircraft"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Bangkok via Helsinki. A350 is a fantastic aircraft to fly, large open cabin and it was very clean and tidy. Everything from the staff to the food was truly top notch. If I have to complain about something, it was that the seat folded down to bed was a few centimeters too short for me, but got a 4-5 hours sleep, I am 193 cm long. I recommend this.
RouteStockholm to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2019

"business class seat is comfortable"

(Finland)

Not Verified | I flew Phuket to Helsinki in Finnair A350 business class last month, ground service with Finnair is always on point no matter where you're flying from. The business class seat is comfortable and spacious and it gives you more privacy than their older A330 business class. Onboard entertainment has a lot of options from western to Bollywood and Korean. The dining experience was a huge disappointment. Even as a lactose-intolerant, I've always had delicious meals (In economy and business) when flying other airlines, but with Finnair, my business class lunch and dinner was a similar piece of dry chicken and steamed veggies and no sauce or spices whatsoever, and the dessert was 4 pieces of papaya. The Cabin Crew didn't greet me when boarding and they didn't seem to enjoy their time.
RoutePhuket to Helsinki
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Seat was very good"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Dubai to Helsinki. I was on a business trip (Dubai to Helsinki) on Business class. Seat was very good, and in-flight entertainment was very good. Food and drinks were very good. If I got a chance to fly Finnair again I would 100%.
RouteDubai to Helsinki
Date FlownMarch 2019

"The tables are so small"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Singapore. The crew were good, no complaints there. The food was pretty good for airline food. Movies were the same as the September flight Hong Kong to Helsinki. The seats are far too cramped. That alone would prevent me using them again. We had paid extra for specific seats as the person I was travelling with has mobility issues. The seats had been changed & we couldn't get anything similar. The tables are so small. There is no room on them to easily sit a drink and a meal without knocking the drink over. The seating does not really allow 3 people to eat at once. If you need to help the person next to you, expect to get cramps. The controller for entertainment/crew attention/lights sits about 1/2 way down your thigh, so it is hard to get to an very hard to read. It does not appear to be removable.
RouteHelsinki to Singapore

"Cabin crew were great"

(Finland)

Not Verified | We flew from Helsinki to Phuket and everything was great. Cabin crew were great and it was a smooth flight 10/10. The food was good and on board movies were great.
RouteHelsinki to Phuket
Date FlownOctober 2019

"separated a child travelling with an adult"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manchester via Helsinki. The flight from Bangkok was excellent, members of staff were some if not the best I've ever met. This was the first time my 13 year old son and been on a plane and on our 2nd flight to Manchester they separated a child travelling with an adult. Seats not even close to each other. The outcome was on the online check-in I had to pay extra for two seats so we could sit together. I would have thought it was standard practice to seat a child with the accompanying adult. That's unless of course you're deliberately separating them so as to generate extra income.
RouteBangkok to Manchester via Helsinki
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Staff are very friendly and supportive"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Paris. Regular airline with average quality. Planes are varying from very old A319/320 up to new A350, so depends if you are lucky or not. Staff are very friendly and supportive. On the flights you can get water, tea, coffee or juice, everything else at an extra cost (that is a bit expensive). Solid meal needs to be booked in advance. Seat space usually pretty good.
RouteHelsinki to Paris

"perfectly service-minded"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Dublin. Was somewhat skeptical to 3 hours flight in such a small aircraft but it wasn’t so bad. We were 4 passengers in business class and each of us had a spare seat besides. But what made the flight so pleasant was the male purser. He was so perfectly service-minded and took great care of us during the flight.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteHelsinki to Dublin

"Happily surprised"

Not Verified | Happily surprised. The good - ok price, plus Finnair uses an A350 on the BKK - HEL route. Fantastic plane, very quiet and comfortable seats with tons of legroom and good recline. I honestly think it beat BA premium on their aged 777s. The design of the cabin was clean and modern. F&B was average. The route is quickest 1 stop from BKK to LHR. 10 hrs to Helsinki, a short stopover and 3 hrs to London. Not much longer than a direct flight. The less good. Although the airport is small and quick to gate, its still uses buses. And the bus winds around the airport forever. The second leg was a cramped airbus A330. Would be nice if Finnair used the same plane through to London, and make it a short stop rather than stopover, like EVA do at Bangkok to Taipei, then I would use them rather than direct EVA or Thai.
RouteBangkok to London via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"seat recline button was broken"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Chicago. I was flying back from running Berlin Marathon Monday, I upgraded my seat from a middle to an aisle and to economy comfort to have more comfort. I was hoping to recline on my 9 hour flight. My seat recline button was broken, I could not recline. The purser only offered me a middle seat back in economy or free wifi. The wifi never worked. The purser said Finnair would definately refund my upgrade cost but today I received a denial of my refund. This is unacceptable!
RouteHelsinki to Chicago