Finnair

"missed my first boarding point"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | In case if You run into any problems with Finnair you will be met with absolute ignorance and absence if any help from management team. I was flying with combined ticket and because I missed my first boarding point - my flight was canceled. I successfully made it to the second boarding point 5 hours before the flight and Finnair refused to restore tickets although it wouldn't cost them any effort. I had paid for both tickets and had a place booked on the plane. It was absolutely impossible to reach their support on the phone or via email. I am extremely disappointed in Finnair as airline company because they have terrible customer service and don't care about the problems of their customers.
RouteDublin to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2021

"their flexible ticket is a lie"

Trip Verified | I bought a "flexible" ticket, but Finnair were unable (or unwilling) to reasonably change it. You pay $300 extra specifically for the purpose of being able to push the flight date. Then they say the next time they can fit you in is in a month. This is no different than buying the ticket at a regular price. So, their flexible ticket is a lie and COVID is only an excuse.
RouteNew York to Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Very complicated"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Very complicated. Very long waiting times. Self check-in didn't work at All. 1 hour waiting time at normal check-in. Additional luggage booking online or with App took me 2 hours because of errors. Bad experience.
RouteVienna to Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"such bad Customer service"

Not Verified | I had tried to reschedule my July 2021 flight to 2022. The Customer Service team in UK and Finland were absolutely useless. They promised several times to email the options of rescheduling and received nothing. Complained so many times by telephone, email and Facebook. Only to receive auto reply on Facebook that my message would not be responded to. Never received such bad Customer service by any company!
RouteLondon to Helsinki
Date FlownJuly 2021

"disappointed with business class product"

Trip Verified | Nice looking business class product lovely crew. But the business class seat is too hard and its hard to sleep on. The food was also quite bad not enough and like economy like. Not choosing and spending this money again for such a product. For this route a prefer Thai airways! Was really disappointed with Finnair business class product. Bring your own food and a mattress on their flights haha
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Customer service was very rude and with very little knowledge"

Worst airline to deal with. They originally canceled the flight 17 days prior to its departure and offered no alternative option. It took me over a month and 4 phone calls with Expedia and 2 phone calls with Finnair for the refund to get processed. Still did not receive the refund. Customer service was very rude and with very little knowledge. The only knowledge they had and kept using was: "Please keep in mind that we can not assure a full refund". You cant guarantee me a full refund for a flight you canceled. I have never been this confused in my life. Please stay away from this airline and their scam flights.
RouteBoston to Dubrovnik
Date FlownAugust 2021

"urge you not to book with Finnair"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | As regular Finnair customer I was taken by surprise both the arrogant and unprofessional way my family and I was treated during check-in and the fact that Finnair decided not to take my feedback seriously and never responded to my second feedback. I would strongly urge you not to book with Finnair.
RouteHelsinki to Budapest
Date FlownMay 2021

"lounges are closed in Helsinki"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Business class passengers were boarded last which seems to be the new normal. The service started quite soon after we were airborne, no drinks were offered before the meal but the cabin crew was very attentive and offered drinks throughout the flight. The big down sides are that lounges are closed in Helsinki and the idiotic idea that the front toilet is closed.
RouteHelsinki to Málaga
Date FlownJune 2021

"Terrible service today from Finnair"

Not Verified | Terrible service today from Finnair. I received a message my flight was canceled, on hold for 3 hours to get a customer service rep who said simply. So sorry. We can't put you on another flight because British Airways canceled your flight not us. So sorry! Who did I pay and who did I book through? Finnair! They have other flights to London on the same day, reasonable time but operated by a different carrier so they wont put me on the flights without the increased fare. I bought my ticket 6 weeks ago, flying June 16th (18 days!) my flight cost $820 and if I want to rebook with them it will be $1800 so basically Finnair won't honor my ticket price, not my ticket. They have flights, they are flying, they have seats but not at my $820. I now have to rebook flights 2 weeks out on another airline for twice the money. The only response was, sorry for your inconvenience. Seriously? And here is the deal, the money is not the issue. I have flown on several airlines who change you from Delta to Virgin Atlantic to American without price increase to honor your travel day/time. Not Finnair. Was my first, won't ever even consider them again, no matter what the discount!
RouteDenver to London
Date FlownMay 2021

"required some kind of pregnancy certificate"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Today I had possibly the worst experience in my life when I was going to fly back home from Helsinki to Prague with Finnair. I was not allowed to board a plane and come back home. The reason is that I’m on the 31st week of my pregnancy and I need to have some certificate from doctor that I can fly. I came from Prague to Helsinki with the same airline one week ago. Obviously, in my situation being pregnant and due to the current pandemics, I’ve checked all the requirements and documents prior departure. I even wrote an e-mail to Finnair asking what needs to be provided for my flight. And I had not a single problem to come to Helsinki. Therefore, I didn’t expect any problems to come back home. But I was wrong. All this happened because of incompetent behavior of Finnair staff today at Helsinki airport. For 3 hours, I was desperately trying to find a solution and possibility to catch my flight, and return back home to Prague I had all required documents and pregnancy passport, which allows me to travel, but this was not enough. Three employees of Finnair required some kind of pregnancy certificate from the doctor (even after very long discussion, they were not able to explain me what should be written in this document), and without this certificate they are not able to allow me on the plane. I was not able to catch my flight, now I have to buy new ticket, pay for a new COVID test and stay in Helsinki for one more week on my own cost. Second issue is that today none was able to help me to rebook my flight directly at the airport. Ladies left, and another member of Finnair team was trying to manage my new booking. After I have received a link for a new payment via email for my new ticket, but payments on the Finnair side does not work. Furthermore, I was not able to pay online for my extra luggage, system is just not working. Finnair website is not operating properly. No one is picking up the phone at the customer service link.
RouteHelsinki to Prague