Finnair

"Inflight service was wonderful"

Trip Verified | The flight from Manchester was uneventful, the seats are the same as normal class but with no one sitting in the middle row. Food a little bland but the staff were friendly. At Helsinki the business lounge was more like a cafeteria. But ok. The flight from Helsinki to Bangkok however was completely different. The huge seats in business were amazing. Plenty of room. Many staff to only a handful of passengers. Drink served before take off including champagne. Inflight service was wonderful, lovely menus great choices and the food was marvelous. At a press of a button the chair turned into a bed. Very comfortable. The wide screen tv had a huge selection of the very latest movies and shows. Towards the end of the flight woken up with my choice of a lovely hot breakfast. Plane arrived virtually on time. Given. Card on leaving the plane that gave us access to fast track immigration. We were through that in minutes right by our carasel. As we walked to it our bags appeared. A very efficient and fantastic service. Well worth the cost of business and and over £1000 cheaper than the nearest competitor. Highly recommended.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownMay 2019

"said overhead bins were too full"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to New York. Customer service is horrible. My mother and I were threatened to get thrown off the flight if we didn’t check in our carry on baggage because they said the overhead bins were too full. Paid for WiFi on the plane but did not work.
RouteHelsinki to New York
Date FlownMay 2019

"a very decent option at such a price point"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Finnair has a very solid and attractive long-haul proposition with: 1) New aircraft (A350) with big overhead baggage bins, the atmospheric equalizer helps reduce jet lag too, 2) Generous legroom even in economy (I'm 5"11 or 1.81m and can fully stretch out at a 45deg angle when the seat is reclined), seats were comfortable and I had no problems sleeping 6-7hours at a go and this is in economy, 3) Reasonably hospitable service (still cannot beat JAL or Singapore), 4) Very up-to-date IFE (with many of the latest movies, no lagging or dead screens) 5) Most importantly, great prices - we regularly see flights priced under US$1000 for transcontinental flights from Europe to Asia and vice versa. What was lacking, however was: 1) Barely satisfactory selection of food. Meals were not tasty and very bland. 2) Any orders beyond meal service was subject to payment. Also, Helsinki Airport is notorious for delays with outgoing flights - 3 times out of 3 I've experienced a delay of at least an hour when flying out of this airport - not the fault of the airline of course, but a primary consideration when traveling. Nevertheless, still a very decent option at such a price point. My baggage didn't go missing so I did not have a problem there. Certainly can consider flying with Finnair again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Singapore via Helsinki

"was treated very well"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Bangkok via Helsinki. Flight from Stockholm to Helsinki was only 45 minutes, enough to enjoy a small bottle of champagne. The food was quite boring as always on these short sectors. The flight to Bangkok departed past midnight but the service didn’t feel rushed. As an Oneworld Emerald member was treated very well throughout the flight. The food and drinks were fine and managed also to get a good sleep. An extra bonus was that two members of the cabin crew were Swedish speaking which isn’t the case so often anymore.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteStockholm to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownMay 2019

"worth what you paid for"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Amsterdam via Helsinki. Once again Finnair on board service has not failed us. Route to Bangkok they have Thai cabin crew to avoid miscommunication within Thai passengers. Facilities far from luxury but worth what you paid for.
RouteBangkok to Amsterdam via Helsinki
Date FlownMay 2019

"very nice on board services"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Bangkok. Finnair has been our choice of European flight to Asia. Affordable price for Business Class with very nice on board services. Fast responds from their customer service in replying whatever inquiry you may have. Plus if you are passing immigration at HEL airport, their immigration officers are always friendly as well. Being a member of Oneworld Alliance, Finnair give a way on how to earn my MH Enrich miles very easy.
RouteHelsinki Vantaa to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"has been extremely disappointing"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Bangkok via Helsinki. Finnair has been extremely dissapointing. Seats are cramped and the IFE is outdated. Although the staff is very pleasant, the service and the food are rubbish. The meals have been cut down to a tiny main course, a salad with no dressing and a cookie. Beer and wine is not complementary and is charged for. I thought Finnair is a full service airline, but beware: it is not! If you wanna be a budget airline, the ticket prices should reflect that! Never again.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDublin to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownMay 2019

"absolutely exhausted after 30 hours of flights"

Trip Verified | My flight to Bangkok did not start well. Ground staff were rather unfriendly, but what followed was simply unbelievable. After we boarded the plane and were moving towards runway, the pilot announced there was some technical fault with the plane and we have to go back. Well, we did the same 3 times and the plane spent 6 hours at Heathrow sitting on tarmac with all passengers on board. During these 6 hours we were not allowed to go back into the terminal and were only given water whilst business class passengers were offered food. The airline blamed Heathrow, but should have managed situation better. After 6 hours we finally took off to Helsinki. I missed my connecting flight and had to be rerouted. The were no more seats to Bangkok for days. They put me on a flight to Singapore and from there to Bangkok with Singapore Airlines. The whole trip was over 30 hours instead of 16 on the ticket. They also put my luggage on a different flight, but delivered it later to my hotel. As you can imagine, I did not enjoy this flight, but I’m not really blaming the airline cos I’m sure situations like this one are highly unusual. Flights overall are comfortable, good inflight entertainment, good food, but I was absolutely exhausted after 30 hours of flights and awful 6 hour delay. Nevertheless, I still recommend the airline.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2018

"I liked inflight service"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Chicago via Helsinki. I liked this flight. Good company. Of course there is something to improve (for example Finnish food is not good, I'd replace this with sandwiches or something international). But flight was okay. I enjoyed. My wife had a teeth pain personnel helped her with some medication. I liked inflight service and how fast was water/food delivery to the seat. Cheap tickets and good service.
RouteMoscow to Chicago via Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very positive experience"

Not Verified | New York to Tokyo via Helsinki. Very positive experience with Finnair. Smooth checking & boarding processes. JFK-HEL the A330 seats were somewhat narrow and reduced spaces for personal items. HEL-NRT, the A350 seats were very satisfactory. On board crew were pleasant and attentive. HEL business class lounge is under renovation and crowded with transit passengers. Hopefully when completed will accommodate more passengers. Overall I was quite satisfied with Finnair services. I will definitely fly with them again.
AircraftA330 / A350