Finnair

"Really bad experience"

Trip Verified | A flight of 10 hours from Bangkok without the possibility to buy a bottle of water, the air conditioning was freezing (I had to cover myself with 2 shirts and teo covers. We arrived to Helsinki with 1 hour to do our transfer, they made us wait inside the plane for 30 minutes, waiting for the bus that was going to bring us inside the airport (we came from Thailand and they made us wait under a snow storm for the bus). Once in the airport, we had to run from one side to the other of the airport to arrive to our gate, in the middle of this, we had to do a passport control and a handbag checking again, we tried to ask for help to different members of the company and the airport, all of them are being rude to us. I will never use again Finnair or Helsinki airport. They got to the level of a low cost company. Really bad experience.
RouteHelsinki to London
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"A319 aircraft is bad news"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to London Heathrow. After the A350-900 this A319 aircraft is bad news, Three seats for 2 people travelling business class but at 1.93 meters tall this was a nightmare. This last leg of the journey spoilt the entire trip for me. We were in the first row but it took the one staff member a lifetime to ask and deliver drinks prior to the meal service. Then the meal seemed to take even longer. Unfortunately, the smell of the food put me off having anything to eat. I would never travel this route on a small aircraft, fine on the A350 and the A330 but if not on a widebody aircraft do not bother.
RouteHelsinki to London Heathrow

"service was very good"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Helsinki. Half full flight again we were sat in 11 D/H this is on the smaller cabin before economy. We like this area as the seats in the middle actually have an overhead storage bin unlike the Front cabin in Business Class. There were only 5 people sat in this section and the service was very good, the lady looking after us could not do enough for us and constantly asked if there was anything she could do or get. Usual good food selection starter (Salmon) main (Beef) and Ice cream followed by whatever you wanted, the Tea was great and very hot. Our flight was a day flight and it was very smooth and quick, the seat I must say is good in full flat Bed mode but very strange in the other seating modes. I would not travel with them because of the seat.
RouteKrabi to Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2018

"mastered to my full satisfaction"

Trip Verified | Yekaterinburg to Frankfurt via Helsinki. My latest experience with Finnair had some unforseen turns which the airline mastered to my full satisfaction. I had booked a trip with only 50 minutes of transfer time between the two flights - since it was at Finnair's home base Helsinki, I assumed things would be managed according to plan. However, the first flight started with about 45 minutes of delay which made the transfer impossible. What impressed me is how the situation was handled upon arriving at Helsinki. Immediately when arriving to the airport building, we were greeted by four Finnair representatives and a table with the new connecting flights for all those passengers who had missed their original flights due to the delay. I was handed my new flight (and a small food voucher) but wasn't happy with the details and preferred a different flight on the same day. I was advised to try getting on that flight at the transfer desk which I easily found thanks to the helpful instructions by the other representatives. The lady at the transfer desk was just as helpful and got me the last seat on my preferred flight. Also, I received a second quite generous food voucher due to the increased waiting time for the new flight. With a total of 25€ from food vouchers I could bridge the waiting time well and have a very good lunch, even at Finnish prices. Getting on my new connecting flight worked without a problem and my baggage was delivered as planned too - even though the second flight was from another airline than Finnair. Altogether, this trip was a flawless display on how a missed connection due to delay should be handled by an airline. Situations like a delayed flight can occur and taking appropriate action in these unforseen situations tells a lot about an airline. For Finnair, it told much good. That's why I award 9 points and am looking forward to travel with them again. (The missing point is due to the rather tight legroom in Economy Class for a person of 6'2'' like me).
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteYekaterinburg to Frankfurt via Helsinki

"Won’t be recommending"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Rovanimie to Copenhagen via Helsinki. Check in counter at Rovanimie airport is hell. Boarding was late which led to a lot of passenger having a missed connection. Finnair likes to give a tight connection like they give 30 minutes adjustment time for a connection. You’re dead if you’re flight is delayed. Won’t be recommending this airline.
RouteRovanimie to Copenhagen via Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2018

"worst long haul experience"

Trip Verified | Osaka to London via Helsinki. Finnair has been my worst long haul experience. Terrible food - the worst I’ve had. I quite look forward to plane meals and I left 80% of the tray untouched. The staff were rude and severe with how they dealt with passengers and the check in process was amateur. We arrived 2.5 hours early and the queue was 1.5 hours long. Seats are also on the small side. I’m a bit surprised British Airways is partnering with Finnair.
RouteOsaka to London via Helsinki
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"service way below the standard"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Helsinki, 3rd time with Finnair and also 3 time delayed. This time Finnair flight ARN-HEL would not take of on time because it took hours to finish loading stuff onto the airplane. That led to me missing my connecting flight in HEL. Was then rebooked and rerouted onto Rossiya Airlines, still business class but the worst business class I have ever flown. Old seats, no inflight entertainment, the choice of dinner stood between "yes" and "no" because the question asked was "Do you want dinner?". I arrived 11 hours later than I was supposed to. Then Finnair would not give me the points I was entitled to. I had to sent them e-mails. So far I have been in contact with 5 different arrogant agents. I filed a claim of 600 Euros that I am entitled to according to the EU's regulations. They said it would take 6 weeks for them to process. Finnair claims they fly the fastest routes to Asia but for me, with all the delayed flight I have been on, I'd get to Asia faster with other airlines. I'd even have time to take a detour. I'd paid a lot for this trip but the service I received was way below the standard. Felt more like the service on some low cost airlines. Didn't get the "chef's gourmet meal" that was confirmed to me when I booked it. No wifi as promised.
RouteBangkok to Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2018

"A350 silent and spacious"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | London to Helsinki in August 2018. Nice flight. On time and smooth. I like very much new A350 aircraft. It's silent and spacious. Very comfortable. If I think that in longer European flights some free snack would be nice in three hours flights complimentary coffee, tea, water and blueberry juice are enough. Flight attendants nice and professional like usually with Finnair. Individual entertainment system very good.
RouteLondon to Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2018

"all in all a good flight"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Krabi. Great Direct flight to Krabi, saves the hassle of changing in Bangkok, we sat in 11 D/H middle seats, the second cabin of business class, the layout is 1-2-1, usual lie flat seat and large screen. Service very good and efficient, food of a high standard nothing was any trouble. I found the herringbone seat layout not to my liking and after a few hours found the seat to be uncomfortable which was a shame. on time arrival would have liked a few more film options but all in all a good flight.
RouteHelsinki to Krabi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"great Business class cabin"

Trip Verified | London to Helsinki. A350 with great Business class cabin, this flight we sat in the second cabin as we wanted to have overhead luggage bins, The forward cabin only has bins at the side. Easy and efficient service for a short haul flight. Usual lie flat seat and large screen, Food very good.
RouteLondon to Helsinki