Finnair

"do not wish to fly with again"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | I requested a refund for my canceled trip to Japan, due to corona virus. Finnair decided to send me a voucher instead and an email telling me to be patient and that they where working on my money-refund, but suggested that took the voucher. Their webpage also said to be patient and not to contact them - due to corona there was a large number of refund cases. And they send me one more mail, telling me that they are still working on my refund. I was supposed to go to Japan in mid April, the last mail came mid June. Today i decided that I could no longer wait for my refund and I called finnair. They told me that the case was closed and I would not get my money back, because I waited too long. This is so not okay - when they send me emais telling me NOT to call or contact them and stay patient. So dissapointed that I now have 2100 dollar (14000 dkk) voucher for Finnair that I really do not wish to fly with again, under any circumstance.
Date FlownApril 2020

"disappointed with the airline"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Bangkok to London via Helsinki. I'm disappointed with the airline that didn't give a time frame long enough to change our flight due to travel restrictions from Covid-19. The airline waves the fee to change the flight only till November 30 2020. Our flight was in March 2020. Many airlines offered more time flexibility until the end of 2021. We didn't have a choice so I have to pay €100 extra for the fee.
AircraftA359 / A333
RouteBangkok to London via Helsinki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Good service although very minimum"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Helsinki. Good service although very minimum because of corona. I really appreciate that airline cares about their staff and thus there was only sandwich and water offered so that the crew will be protected more efficiently. Overall 7 hours flew quickly. Very calm flight and although left a bit late (because of me and some other customers) the plane arrived 15 minutes prior.
RouteDubai to Helsinki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"phoned the airline for almost 3 hours"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | I booked a flight from London to Hong Kong. Unfortunately, the flight got canceled 2 days prior to my departure. This is the first time for me to fly with Finnair, however, I have lost confidence in booking another flight with Finnair. I have also phoned the airline for almost 3 hours now and no one picked up. I am very disappointed with my experience.
RouteLondon to Hong Kong via Helsinki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They don't wish to compensate"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | My flight from Helsinki to Moscow on 26 Feb was planned for 17:35, and first was delayed for 15 minutes due to a ground workers strike, then it was delayed for 2 hours, and eventually I had to wait for the flight until 2 am, with around 2 hours spent in the waiting line to the customer desk. The customer desk printed a new boarding pass and provided the passengers with a 17 EUR voucher, while a salad in the nearest cafe at the airport costs 18.50 EUR, so the voucher looked more like an insult. Also, manager at the customer desk assured me that my luggage will be loaded on my flight and is flying with me, which turned out to be a lie: there was no luggage loaded on the plane at all, and every passenger had to wait in another line upon arrival to fill a bunch of papers at the customs. We had to wait two more days until the luggage arrived. Any compensation for the flight delay and failed luggage delivery was denied as Finnair state the EC Regulation 261/2004, where a strike is a force majeure situation. They don't wish to compensate anything.
RouteHelsinki to Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"still waiting for the refund"

Trip Verified | London to Tel Aviv via Helsinki. After paying for the ticket, a week later I realised that I don't really want to fly. I called Finnair, and at first they told me about a week to 10 days. I decided to wait, after a week with no refund I call again this time they said a week to 10 business day, a week later they said because the corona outbreak it may take 20 business days. I'm still waiting for the refund.
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv via Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I am a bit disappointed"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Oslo to Bangkok via Helsinki. The plane from Oslo was on time, Airbus A320, i had seat 1F, and that is not a nice seat, cause its not much space for your legs. We were served a dinner on the 1h 10 min flight, looked not nice but tasted good. We arrived in Helsinki on time. We have traveled over Helsinki Vantaa airport a few times, and always they let us of in one end of the terminal, and departure in the other. This time i think i walked 25 minutes to the gate. I had plenty of time, so i searched for the Finnair lounge, no signs, but i saw it on a map, in their app, go to gate 50, then you are close. The plane to Bangkok was a few minutes late only, we waited for some pax and their luggage. The A350 is a very nice aircraft, everything looks like new. We got a welcome drink before takeoff. I had to ask for a refill, cause i was thirsty. We got a menu, both for food and drinks. It was just fish options, if not fish, a dish with oystersauce. I tried their fish starter, and had choices of cheese only. I am not sure if it is Finnairs policy because the crew do not go around and ask if we customers want refill, a bit irritating to push the service button. Same happened for breakfast, a small glass of juice, period. They had wifi onboard, but did not try to use it. Nobody seemed to clean the toilets, and they did not look nice, before arrival. Actually I am a bit disappointed about Finnair, its a big difference up to the best airlines.
AircraftA350-900
RouteOslo to Bangkok via Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Seatback power never functioned"

Trip Verified | London to Los Angeles via Helsinki. Seatback power units on Finnair flights have never functioned and I travel with them 2-4 times per year. I posed this question to their customer relations department and their solution was to just get up and find a seat with electricity (have done this in the past and found none). The A350 is a new aeroplane for them so why this maintenance failure on every aircraft I am flown in?
RouteLondon to Los Angeles via Helsinki
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"delayed all four bags"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Nagoya via Helsinki. Finnair has delayed all four bags, and have not notified us once about the current status. Neither the airline staff in Japan has any information as the airline doesn’t give them any information at all. I am redirected from various customer supports to a telephone nr that costs 3.5 EUR/min, and they charge even if you arw in a queue. I held my position in the queue until I was notified that they were going to debit me 400kr, and still was not able to speak to an operator. It has now been 24 hours and Finnair has not notified us about anything.
RouteStockholm to Nagoya via Helsinki

"very pleasant experience"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Seoul. I was warmly welcomed onboard. The aircraft looked modern and light. My experience of the staff was that they were very professional and friendly.Food, especially starters, looked almost like a piece of art and taste was great. I had not much wine this time but having three alternatives both red and white is exceptional. Overall, very pleasant experience!
RouteHelsinki to Seoul