Evelop Airlines

"This airline is a clear disappointment"

Trip Verified | This airline is a clear disappointment. Had I known I wouldn’t be on a Norwegian plane where I at least know what to expect, I would have changed my flight immediately. On the way to Dublin, I was asked to give up my seat that I paid for by the flight attendants because the airline hadn’t set room for them to sit together in the back? I told them they could move me to first class where there’s a window so I can sleep (I had been up for 36 hours at this point and bought this seat for a specific reason), which they laughed off and then denied me. Apparently that didn’t sit well with them because I was ignored the rest of the flight by not being offered food or drink off of the cart, blatantly raising my hand and waving at the nearest attendants who, facing me, happened to not see me acting as if something was on fire. I had to call over two attendants when I saw them since they also didn’t want to answer my call button. One attendant told me nothing was available except a brownie, gummy snacks, and drinks. About 15 minutes later, I grabbed another attendant who politely checked again and got me noodles so I could take my medication. Now, I’m returning home and this plane is disgusting. We were to board at 1.30pm and fly at 2.30pm. We boarded just after 2. I purchased priority seating because I was not going to deal with the mess of waiting and I still had to wait an extra 20 minutes in the corridor. Apparently, the plane was on base last night or early morning but was stuck in a queue and couldn’t move to be cleaned and sorted? I’m not sure, but while we were in the corridor, an attendant asked a maintenance man for extra toiletries for the flight as there weren’t any. Now, I get to my seat and there’s crumbs all over, on the floor, and I get it. Flights back to back but when the plane has been on base for this many hours, it’s unacceptable. I look to my right and there’s nothing but trash, napkins, what looks like a McFlurry lid, food, etc. just in this one area. I have never, ever flown on a plane so gross and useless. I wish I were able to give 0/10 for everything except entertainment (which works, surprisingly) and sodas/water/tea that’s average everywhere.
RouteDublin to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"plane seemed to be in good shape"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | I flew Evelop Airlines through an Avianca "wet lease" flight (AV015, MAD-CLO). I can therefore only comment on the plane and crew. The plane is a full Economy plane. Seats layout is 2-4-2. Seats are regular, in dark grey leather. Pitch is tight! Tighter than on most of the flights I took lately (Avianca, Iberia, Air France), and recline is limited. Inflight entertainment (IFE) is individual (my guess of the 9" type), with the now standard headphone jack and an usb plugs. Movies and series choice is quite limited with rather old movies, I was happy to have my own tablet loaded with series and movies. The plane seemed to be in good shape though. Food standards were those of Avianca so it is not really relevant for this review, but a pizza slice as a second meal was really a cheap move!! This plane seemed more like a charter flight type of setup, which would not have been a problem if I would have paid for a cheap charter flight. But since it was an Avianca flight operated by Evelop!, I did not expect a charter flight type of treatment.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMadrid to Cali
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I would recommend Evelop"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Madrid to Punta Cana. Long queues to check in. Only 3 counters for 380 people. Aircraft clean and well maintained. Standard seats with no PTV, only overhead screens with English / Spanish movies. They offer a free hot meal with two options of main course and a snack / breakfast before landing. Flight on time and friendly crew. Considering they have packages with child for free and good prices, and airplanes are newer than other Spanish charter airlines, I would recommend Evelop.
RouteMAD to PUJ
Date FlownJune 2016

"the leg room is very limited"

Evelop Airlines is a relatively new Spanish airline based out of Palma de Mallorca, flying to / from Southampton. Just a few points to be aware of. Evelop do have a website, whereby you can pre-book seats (you can't through Thomas Cook). I paid and received my confirmation. However when we got to the airport they would not honour the seat reservations and we had to be given different seats. This was very difficult for us because my son is Autistic and doesn't like change. The check in desk say they have never been able to reserve seats on Evelop flights so just be aware that this is a rip off! Also worth remembering the leg room is very limited. My son is just over 6' and couldn't get his legs behind the seat. I have travelled with better airlines in the past.
RouteSOU to PMI