EVA Air

"maintained its high standard"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Shanghai. EVA Air maintained its high standard on this flight. My seat was very comfortable and had a very large amount of legroom even though it was only a 1h 30min flight. My seat was near to the lavatory, thus it was a “bad seat”. However, I faced no problem with the proximity but rather, I enjoyed the seat as the 3-4-3 configuration became 2-4-2 at the end, giving me more space on the aisle. Furthermore, breakfast was great — scrambled egg was delicious. The flight attendants were friendly and helpful as well, giving me drinks I requested for very quickly even though they were very busy. We departed and arrived on time.
RouteTaipei to Shanghai

"I don’t eat pork"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Taipei. Everything went very well on the ground, despite a delayed departure due to traffic. The ground crew was friendly, polite and patient. We boarded quickly, the cabin crew seemed less welcoming, with no smile for me. I don’t eat pork for religious reasons. So I asked twice what the menu was and what were the ingredients used. I have been told by the crew that the menu was seafood with noodles. I started to eat my meal when I noticed that some of the meat was definitely not seafood. I called the crew, requiring more information, and was advised the menu contained pork. A mistake can happen, but what struke me was the insensibility and careless attitude of the cabin crew. I wanted to share my experience with a crew member when I left the plane, the response I received was a “thank you bye bye”. My first impression of Taiwan has been ruined by this experience.
RouteOsaka to Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the seat was very comfortable"

Trip Verified | Shanghai Pudong to Taipei Taoyuan. When I found out that the aircraft I was flying on had a 3-4-3 economy class configuration, I was worried. However, after boarding, I realised that my seat, 72H, was the second last row and thus, the seats were in a 2-4-2 configuration. Thus, the aisle space was very wide and the seat was very comfortable. Despite the seat being near to the toilet, this was not much of a problem. Furthermore, legroom was plenty and the seat was wide. The Inflight Entertainment was large and responsive, but offered a limited variety of movies. There was only one seatback pouch and it would have been nice to have additional storage areas like additional pouches for smaller things. Food was served on this 1h 30min flight and it was surprisingly delicious for such a short flight. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. However upon arrival in Taipei, we waited on the tarmac for 30 mins before finding a gate space for us to park at. Other than that, the overall flight experience was good.
RouteShanghai Pudong to Taipei Taoyuan

"they were superb"

Trip Verified | BR17, SFO-TPE on a 777-300ER. Tickets bought 5 months out, and quite a favorable price. Check in at SFO, was weird. Staff didn’t want to take my oversized luggage, until I suggested they get a bag like ANA, Singapore Airlines, or Asiana. Once they processed my luggage it was fine. TSA/Security the usual disaster, and no one taking charge. Apparently the SFO cleaning crew was on strike 10 Nov, because both EVA flights, SQ, Asiana, and others were delayed for aircraft cleanliness. We were delayed for over 60 mins. Boarding went smoothly. Cabin crew were smiles and polite for 01.00 in the morning. Once we had push backed and airborne the meal service commenced. Dinner was nice with Hagen Daaz. Drink/Cabin service continued throughout the flight. Seat was perfect as I slept like the dead. The lights were activated, and a excellent sign, for waking everyone up for breakfast. Breakfast was yummy. Landed in TPE late, but still made my connection. BR184, TPE-NRT on a 787-900 boarded and took off late due to a aircraft issue. Still landed on time at NRT. Cabin Attendants polite, professional, and all smiles. Handed out immigration documents while still at the gate. Constant drink runs, and a tasty meal. EVA’s 787 seat was comfortable, and I was able to stretch out. EVA ground staff needs to be more professional, and expeditionary like ANA, and Singapore Airlines. Other than that they were superb! I will fly them again!
RouteSan Francisco to Tokyo Narita via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"EVA Air has a good product."

Trip Verified | Brisbane to London via Taipei. Overall, EVA Air has a good product. The aircraft are clean and modern, food of reasonable standard, and Flight Attendants efficient. As Australians, and hence English speaking, communication was at a minimum with us. Announcements were very difficult for me to hear on all flights. Premium Economy seats were good, but passengers in front reclined seats for full journey, making our seats and activity in flight very uncomfortable. TPEL airport is not customer friendly when you need to transfer, and seems to be focused on Asian passengers. EVA Air scheduled a day layover on return leg from Paris to Taipei, but this was not a easy process for viewing the city, with delays at security.
RouteBrisbane to London via Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"follow up on our lost luggage"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila via Taipei. My wife and I called Eva Air Manila office to follow up on our lost luggage. We explained our side about how we lost it and how many luggages we checked in, And this employee the way he replied implied that it’s our fault that we lost our luggage. As my wife is complaining about it she asked for get his full name, he answered that he can’t give his full name and hung Up! This experience from their Manila office is unacceptable customer service.
RouteVancouver to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2019

"damage to covers is not compensated"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Taipei. The flight experience itself is very correct. However, at arrival in TPE I went to fetch my baggage and noticed that the new cover I bought as a protector for my Rimowa was damaged and I can no longer use it. EVA ground staff said that damage to covers is not compensated. Cannot understand this because it also costs money ($50). Also when sending an email I get a standard email that they are looking forward for my patronage again. I'll choose to fly other airlines instead.
RouteSeoul to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Overall a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Flew from LHR to BKK return last week on premium economy. Overall a pleasant flight and will definitely recommend it again. Of course it's not as good as their business class but it represents great value. Check in at both Heathrow and Bangkok were super efficient. At Bangkok despite there being multiple flights leaving at the same time to Europe and Taipei, the check in lanes for business and premium economy were empty and the check in process took less than 5 minutes. This is far superior than most of the European business class check in experience (BA/Air France and KLM in particular). Flights took off on time and landed ahead of schedule. The seat itself was very comfortable - I found the seat to be more spacious than those on Cathay Pacific. Service on the outbound flight was efficient and standard but on the way back the crew was very friendly and professional. The plane was clean, food was tasty and the crew walked around the cabin few times offering water and food post main meal. There is never a long queue for the toilet. The big let down with EVA is the limited choice of movie/TV programme. I was lucky I found a Taiwanese TV drama that I wanted to watch otherwise you'd better preload your ipad with Netflix or BBC Iplayer. There was also an incident when we landed in Bangkok. Due to heavy thunder and rain the airport ground service was suspended but no information was given. Had to wait for 2 hours for the luggage to come out. Compared with my last EVA premium economy flight (2 years ago), I personally feel that sadly the service has declined - although it's still above most of the airlines premium economy. The toilets in premium economy on my previous flight was spotless and I think they have reduced the frequency of cleaning. Nevertheless EVA is still a great option to fly to Asia from US/Europe. Their business and premium class products and services are will above the competitors.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Always a great experience"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Taipei . Always a great experience with EVA Air. Website, price, food,entertainment, service, check in, luggage, no problems or surprises, 4 times using them. Recommend them.
RouteSan Francisco to Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I am completely sold on them"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Taipei via Tokyo. EVA Air was the first Asian carrier I've flown on and my first experience in long-haul business class. From this point I am completely sold on them. The quality of the service and food on both my flights was fantastic. The cabin crew in Business Class are very attentive and quickly are at your seat as soon as your glass or plate is empty with another drink or meal course. As someone who works in the aviation industry I am all too familiar with the intricacies of an airline from front-line to behind-the-scenes. All four of my flights departed on time and when faced with a difficult situation (arriving 35 minutes prior to departure due to an airport-access issue) the ground staff were accommodating and whisked me through security. Surprisingly my baggage also made the flight which was something I was concerned with. If I had to find a negative it would unfortunately be the Plaza Premium lounge EVA Air uses in Toronto. This lounge was extremely basic and the food/drink options were minimal. For an airline who prides themselves on their quality I'd have expected them to opt for a better lounge option. On the other hand, their Infinity Lounge in Taipei was the complete opposite (obviously being that it is at their hub they have more control) with ample food, drink, and comfort options.
RouteToronto to Taipei via Tokyo