EVA Air

"refund form returns an error"

Trip Verified | For weeks, I've been trying to contact EVA Air regarding a refund or rescheduling of four flights between NY and Tokyo in July 2020 because of the COVID-19 travel ban. The refund form on the website returns an error although I put it the valid ticket numbers from the reservation that there on the same website. They removed all email addresses from the contact so that is impossible to contact customer service. Left only phone numbers that, if you call, play a recorded message that they can't take your call. I sent a message on Facebook and they said you have to call us. After I told them the phone number plays a recorded message, they won't reply.
RouteNew York to Tokyo via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2020

"very good airline"

Not Verified | London to Bangkok . Very comfortable seats with own monitor. Punctual and reliable. Crew are firm(take no nonsense)and polite. Good service. Special meal is not an option in economy. Lots of foreign films to watch. Overall very good airline.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"an excellent airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei. EVA Air is an excellent airline. I have flown them almost exclusively. Great service, food is decent, and they are highly recommended. However, in this era of COVID, they appear to be using the virus as an excuse for some sort of bridge loan, from their customers. I had to cancel a recent flight to the US, and they tell me it will be fully refunded. Within 90 days! Yes, you heard that right. They are going to keep my money for three months, even though they have agreed to a refund. Is any other airline doing this? I can understand that they are busy. But three months?
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"have not issued me a refund yet"

Trip Verified | On 03/22/2020 EVA Air cancelled my flight from Bangkok to Seattle via Taipei for 30th march. On 03/27/2020 I submitted the refund request form on their website and they have not issued me a refund yet. I have tried calling every phone number I can find for them however, they just ring and ring and ring. Some of the numbers have automated messages saying they have a high volume of calls right now and then hang up on you.
RouteBangkok to Seattle via Taipei
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Comfortable seats worth the extra price"

Trip Verified | Paris to Taipei. Clean and pleasant cabin despite being very noisy and dry Boeing 777. Comfortable seats worth the extra price for such a long flight. Average food. Biggest disappointment was the service. Smile is there but sincerity is not. This airline has a good hard product that makes the flights OK. But their service is just. Especially considering how cheerful and lovely the people of Taiwan can be.
AircraftBoeing 777 300
RouteParis to Taipei
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I need to cancel my EVA flight"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I booked my flight on 3/19/2020 for 4/20/2020 from San Francisco to Hong Kong via Taipei. On 03/22/2020, Taiwan announced that they will ban transiting through Taiwan airports to control coronavirus until 4/7/2020. The policy may subject to extend, which means I may not be able to take the plane on 4/20/2020. My visa is going to expire by the end of April. I need to cancel my EVA flight as soon as possible and rebook a direct flight to HKG in March. I cannot wait until April to see if Taiwan will extend the ban policy. However, when I called EVA Air customer service the lady told me that only the flight booked before 3/18/2020 can be fully refunded. In my case, in order to process the refund, I need to wait until Taiwan announces the ban extension, which will probably happen in April.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Hong Kong via Taipei
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Service onboard was okay"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Vienna on 22 March. Ticket Booked, could not check in. No Customer support desk open only Mon - Fri. Could not choose seat even though was in tariff from ticket. Service onboard was okay and staff good. Flight on time. Flight changes random due to coronavirus and little support. And as no more premium economy on route Vienna to BangkokI will be flying with a different Carrier.
RouteBangkok to Vienna
Date FlownMarch 2020

"you pay for what you get"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. Original flight cancelled and got moved to a new flight on 18th March. I was told at Bangkok airport to speak with London on recompense for the extra night, and they used the corona virus excuse for not paying yet, 24 hours later. I guess the saying is true, you pay for what you get.
RouteBangkok to London

"an excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Bangkok in Premium Economy. An excellent flight. The crew were wonderfully friendly. The food was plentiful and really fresh and tasty. I found the seat to be very comfortable with plenty of leg room. If I had any negative comments they would be that announcements need to be clearer and I also thought the meal service was a little rushed. Overall an excellent experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flight was one of the nicest"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Bangkok. We were travelling with my Mom (she's in need of a wheelchair) - Check-in in Vienna was done within 5 minutes, the agent reseated us to the first economy class row which means a lot more room and comfort (especially for an elderly person). Cabin crew was very nice, attentive and supportive right from the beginning. The flight itself was easy going, I was amazed by the amount of cabin crew members because you do not find that onboard of western airlines anymore. Food was above economy standard, the only downside was the entertainment system. It was sufficient but nevertheless limited. Wheelchair service at Bangkok airport was very well organized, the cabin crew informed us right before landing about the available ground staff services. Everything said applied also for the return flight, this time the transfer agent at Bangkok airport changed our seats and so we had again the pleasure of bulkhead seats. This flight was one of the nicest we ever experienced in economy class. Thanks EVA and well done!!
RouteVienna to Bangkok