EVA Air

"tops in customer service"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Houston via Taipei. This was my 5th trip in 18 months on Eva Air and as all other times this airlines does not stop to amaze me with their service. My flight from Jakarta to Taipei has always had a tight connection to the Houston flight in Taipei, however, this time our flight leaving Jakarta left and hour and a half late. About one hour before landing, I did mention to the flight attendant that I was concerned about the connection time due to the transfer process in Taipei. I was assured that I had a 40 minute window and should be ok. We landed at 9:40 p.m. then proceeded to a 10 minute hold for waiting for a gate. This turned out to be a 20 minute gate wait, we finally were able to deplane at 10:00. I was impressed because as I was exiting the plane the flight attendant I had spoken to earlier tap me to follow her and she rushed me out the door to a waiting EVA Air employee at the gate, in short order there was a relay of EVA Air employees from one place to the other until I arrive at the Houston flight just about as they were going to close the door. To my amazement, my luggage arrived in Houston with me as well. Short of amazing I really do not know how they did it. EVA Air, tops in customer service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteJakarta to Houston via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"stay away from the Hello Kitty"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Chicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei. I have flown on EVA almost exclusively since 1997 and in all that time it was the first time I had flown on the themed Hello Kitty flight. I didnt care for it at all. The flight was still good but the pillows were not good, the spoons and such were plastic and looked they were for infants, and the plane seemed a bit old. It was all the more evident when we changed planes in Taipei and the other aircraft was much nicer. I plan to continue to fly with EVA but will stay away from the Hello Kitty.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteChicago to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"best customer service ever"

Not Verified | Fantastic airline with the best customer service ever! I had a problem with my reservation and the EVA AIR ground crew in Chiang Mai airport were so helpful and professional. They took the time to help me, I felt like they really cared about my situation and they solved my problem in less than 10 minutes. Thanks to the Chiang Mai ground team! Plus, the flight was wonderful, the food was very tasty, the cabin crew were more than excellent and the plane was very clean.
RouteChiang Mai to Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"recognized as excellent employees"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Taipei. We have flown EVA every January the past 8 years. The plane is always cleaning comfortable and the stewardesses are always immaculate and professional. Our recent trip (Jan 9, 2019, BR0027) the cabin crew was exceptional and should be recognized as excellent employees.
RouteSan Francisco to Taipei

"really worth my money"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur via Taipei. I always fly with EVA Air when I travel to Los Angeles, because of seat comfort, food selections, accessories provided (blanket, pillow, earphones) and the friendliness of the flight attendants. The seats are so comfortable that I could sleep well during the longer leg of my flights. The servings of the in-flight food and refreshment are generous enough to make me full. Plus, the food tastes reasonably good. Their blanket is big and thick enough to keep me warm throughout the flight. The flight attendants are very attentive to the passengers' needs. One time, I had acid reflux and was feeling really uneasy. The flight attendant gave me lemon soda water to make feel better and constantly checked on me if I felt better until we landed. I came to like EVA Air more when I almost missed my connecting flight today. Our time of departure from LAX was an hour delayed due to air traffic. My connecting flight to KUL was supposed to depart at 7am and boarding gate opens at 6:30. I knew then that I would surely miss my flight to KL when the flight info showed that our ETA in Taipei would be 6:35. I was worried because I missed my flight with another airline once before. Then, our flight from LAX was 1.5 hours delayed. Even though the plane landed 30 mins before the ETD, I was no longer allowed to take my connecting flight and so I just had to fly the next day. But this morning with EVA Air, they waited for me and some other fellow passengers whose first leg of the flight also departed late. I truly appreciate the airline's consideration of such unavoidable circumstances. EVA Air is really worth my money. Keep it up!
RouteLos Angeles to Kuala Lumpur via Taipei

"Really great airline!"

Trip Verified | Taipei to San Francisco. This was my first time flying on EVA air in Royal laurel business class class. The flight was awesome. From the Rimowa amenity kit to the comfortable and stylish PJ's. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. The experience was almost on par to when I flew first class with Lufthansa. Really great airline!
RouteTaipei to San Francisco
Date FlownDecember 2018

"close to first class"

Trip Verified | New York to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei. That was the first time I flew with EVA, and I would like to confirm all the good reviews others had. EVA Royal Laurel class easily exceeded the level provided by many other business classes. First, the airline served Krug Grande Cuvee, which could only be seen on top airlines' first class such as CX or SQ. They provided pajamas, plus it was one of my preferred pjs that I kept using on subsequent business class flights that did not provide pjs. Catering was superb on both segments. Seats were comfortable, though they were just similar to other airlines' long-haul business class seats (it was amazing that the 3-hour TPE-SGN segment also offered similar seat). Boarding at JFK was a bit chaotic, but that was more a JFK thing. Overall, this is as close to first class as one can find.
RouteNew York to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei
Date FlownMarch 2018

"it was a comfortable flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Taipei flight was average. No In-flight Entertainment on 2hrs 20 mins flight, they should have device streaming. Food was delicious but there were no desserts. Drinks were minimal. However, it was a comfortable flight.
RouteManila to Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2018

"best business class experience"

Trip Verified | Taipei to London via Bangkok. Excellent airline. First time flying with EVA and it was the best business class experience I have had. I have flown a lot of airlines in business and EVA outdid them all. Fantastic service from an excellent, caring and attentive crew. Super comfortable reverse herringbone seat, great bedding and pyjamas. Ordered Indian vegetarian meal and it was wonderful! This was a long flight, 18+ hours in total, EVA made the whole experience exceptional - I look forward to flying with them again. Thank you.
RouteTaipei to London via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2018

"near to perfection product"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Amsterdam via Bangkok. The Business-Class product of EVA Air "Royal Laurel" is a near to perfection product. Food, service and seating are on a very high level and can easily compete with First Class products on the market. Impressive is, how they manage to serve high class gourmet food. I also appreciated the service of the cabin crew. They were incredibly friendly and efficient. The 1-2-1 reversed herringbone allocation of the seats offers a good amount of privacy. Airport services are really good. A welcome lounge service in AMS would have made the experience 100% perfect, unfortunately there is no such service available, but, I would choose EVA Air again for flights towards Asia and recommend them without limitations, especially in the business cabin.
RouteTaipei to Amsterdam via Bangkok