EVA Air

"service as always was excellent"

Trip Verified | This trip to Jakarta makes my 26th trip on EVA Air between Houston and Jakarta. I have looked at other airlines and even at slightly cheaper prices, is just not worth it for me to try someone new. This flight is a late night departure from Houston and to my surprise while waiting to board, I was called to the desk and given an upgrade to Premium Economy on the Houston to Taipei leg of the trip. Boarding as usual done very efficiently following the group numbers. This time I had a window seat, which usually I would never select for this 15.30 hour flight, however, my seatmate was a very nice young man who did not mind having to get up when I needed to move out of my seat. The service as always was excellent, I mean I have yet once to have a bad experience with service with this airline. The flight attendants were just wonderful and so pleasant. I obviously try not to become a pest but those times that I needed to interact with any of them in flight it was just very pleasant. The Premium Economy product is excellent, nice comfortable seat and all the amenities - blanket, pillow, head phone, sandals and toiletries. The IFE product, for me far more than I needed, ample movies and music, games and tv shows. On the music area it has a great feature that you can save lots of music to a play list and then you can listen to it. I listen to classical music while I sleep so I save tons of songs to the play list and listen for hours while sleeping. Food, always excellent, hot and tasty and always more than enough. The bathrooms are always clean and certainly you can see the flight attendants take care of the bathrooms numerous times during flight. All in all a great trip with a great airline.
RouteHouston to Jakarta via Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Well trained and personable staff"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Taipei. Very fast and efficient flight. There's just this air of professionalism from them I felt during the whole flight. Whether it's before the trip or during, it's so efficient that I'm using that word over and over again. Well trained and personable staff. Food was I'd say standard and IFE I don't even recall to really comment. Counter check in was smooth in Taiwan in our return flight but very long in Manila. Very good experience. What this special was we were able to get a very goo price because of a promo so it's probably one of the best value trips I've flown.
RouteManila to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2019

"EVA Air is one of the best"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Chiang Mai via Taipei. I have flown with a lot of airlines since 1977 and I must say EVA Air is one of the best. Nothing is always 100%, however, EVA makes sure there are no surprises and that you are always informed. Download the app and you are always getting notifications - Online Checkin 48 hrs before, your baggage is loaded, transferred to next flight, gate number etc. They let you know if there is a delay and why and also provided refreshments. Lots of helpful ground and inflight staff. Inflight staff are always around and on their feet. Toilets are cleaned regularly(rare with other airlines I have used). Lots of legroom on the flights I was on. Food was good with options indicated on the menu. If buns are served they are actually soft and you can cut them and spread the soft butter provided. Unlike some other airlines that serve a hockey puck and frozen butter. Attendants are all very polite and helpful. My one complaint would be that they should use someone with good English speaking skills for announcements, on a couple of my flights the announcement was pointless, as it was unintelligible.
RouteToronto to Chiang Mai via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"brilliant customer service"

Trip Verified | Harbin to Seattle via Taipei. Absolutely brilliant customer service - from check in at Harbin when they were having system difficulties, to arriving very late in Taipei, and not just getting me onto my connecting flight with NO minutes to spare, but ensuring my suitcase also made it. Ground staff in all 3 locations were fantastic and I am so grateful. Thank you for getting me and my luggage home after a very tiring work trip.
RouteHarbin to Seattle via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"very pleasant 12 hour journey"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. This is my 6th flight to Thailand with Eva. I no longer bother with Premium Economy as the Economy class is a very good product. Although the aircraft was over 10 years old it was smart and spotless, everything worked. The food and staff were excellent. Eva was a delight. Spacious, clean, all full service amenities offered down to a toothbrush & toothpaste. The staff were great which altogether made for a very pleasant 12 hour journey.
RouteBangkok to London

"Highly recommended"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Los Angeles. One of the best transpacific business class. Ground staff unloaded my luggage from the cart for me once I stop at the check in counter. Flight attendants were attentive but never made you feel disturbed. They just always showed up at the right time. Excellent wine collection is a plus. Highly recommended.
RouteTaipei to Los Angeles

"well organized staff"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila via Taipei. Good check in at Vancouver with all lounge passes given at that time. Very well organized staff. Business class passengers get a special room where its quieter than the rest of the lounge. Good selection of food and drink. Boarding smooth and left on time. Upon arrival in Taipei informed my connection will be twelve hours late because of a typhoon. My checkin pieces were a tv and a duffle type of bag. TV was okay but the bag was destroyed and wrapped in plastic to keep contents inside. Showed the EVA rep and was compensated for my loss which saved me trip to the EVA office at a later time.
RouteVancouver to Manila via Taipei

"Excellent experience"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | Seattle to Taipei. Excellent experience from start to finish, from ground staff to crew. Food was good with nice portions. My luggage did not make it onto the flight due to a short connection caused by a delay from a previous domestic flight on a different airline. My bags arrived at my doorstep a few hours after I arrived home. Amazing. Best airline in the world as far as I am concerned.
RouteSeattle to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"quite good except the food"

Trip Verified | Paris to Bangkok via Taipei. Overall is quite good except the food. I did not find many meat in EVA air meal. Taste is quite lite. For wifi, there is complimentary 30 MB, but it was quite slow.
RouteParis to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2019

"pointed to where to get luggage"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to San Francisco via Taipei. EVA needs to understand the oversized baggage limits. I brought my stuff to NRT 2 days prior to flying out, and EVA cleared them. However on the day of the flight they overcharged me, and referenced figures which I could not find. Cabin Attendants were ok, attentive, and present. IFE was horrible vs ANA, and SQ. BR28 boarded late, due to aircraft not ready for flight. First drink round was a disaster, and passengers, like me got nothing. Had to call for a drink, Head Cabin Attendant came out and served me herself. Meals were good, other drink rounds were good, Cabin Attendants were present. My IFE was a disaster, with an extremely limited selection. Landed at SFO late. Had to approach the 3 EVA ground staff at the Luggage Carousel and was pointed to where to get my luggage. EVA’s ground staff were a disaster, in the air EVA does good.
RouteTokyo to San Francisco via Taipei