EVA Air

"flight attendants just disappeared"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Taipei. While EVA deserves its reputation as a top airline, my most recent experience with EVA was not my best. During my 6/2019 flight from ORD to TPE, I had to call for a Flight Attendant 3 times for a beverage before an attendant came over. The flight attendants just disappeared after the first meal, that often happens on USA airlines, but I have never experienced that on EVA before. Another note: the plane was just a bit too warm to sleep well. I have requested to lower the temp on other EVA flights and usually, FAs do lower it a bit, but this time, my fault, I just too dispirited to ask, and I will dress more lightly on the return. My TPE to ORD return trip this week was canceled due to the ongoing EVA flight attendant strike that began 6-20-19. After I received email notification my return flight was canceled, I waited in a queue overnight at TPE airport 10 hours trying to rebook, I was #1131 of 1375. I was grateful EVA kept the ticketing desk open all night for those of us who were waiting, however, the six EVA agents stationed in front of the queue doing nothing productive but chatting with each other could have been better utilized at the ticket desk assisting customers to find alternative flights and lessening the waiting time. After 10 hours of waiting, I was assisted and offered different options for my return flight to the US. The agents were mostly helpful but seemed annoyed when I refused their initial offer of return flights with no seat assignment or were a lesser booking class than my original ticket. In the end, EVA agents were able to rebook/reroute me on a return flight with one stop. I will likely continue to fly EVA routes when there is a choice, however, given my experience with EVA this time, when I next book a flight, I will look at all flights options instead of EVA first.
RouteChicago to Taipei
Date FlownJune 2019

"one of the finest business class"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Toronto via Taipei. I must say this is one of the finest business class I had the pleasure to fly in. Flight attendants on both flights were excellent. Service quick and accommodating. Food was great. The flight attendants all had been extremely polite and always inquiring if they can be of assistance. The In Charge came around and introduces herself to all the business passengers. Plane was extremely clean on both flights. Washroom was obviously was continually cleaned during the flight. I would fly this airline again and would highly recommend EVA air.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteTokyo to Toronto via Taipei

"A330 plane was old"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Eva Air has one of the best airline lounges I have used. The quality of the food in their Infinity Lounge in Taoyuan Airport is excellent while the selection is wide. They even serve Haagen Dazs ice cream in their lounge. However, the A330 plane they used for the Taipei-Manila leg was old. The seat was hard and uncomfortable. Moreover, the food that they served on business class was the worst business class meal I've tasted. Eva Air's service may be good but the business class seats on this A330 and the food were bad.
RouteTaipei to Manila

"The flight was good"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Singapore via Taipei. Flying back from a holiday with my wife and a 3y/o daughter. Booked flights via an agency with a confirmed seat (all 3 of us seating next to each other). Expecting that the seats were all set, we were not able to see that the seats they had assigned are not seating next to each other. Upon sitting in the plane, a lady passenger said the seat is assigned to her, good thing she was okay swapping seat. Its just so disappointing that Eva Air knows that a single booking has been made and expecting to have all 3 of us seating next to each other (honest mistake, didnt bother to check the tickets for the seat numbers, expecting that they were all set since the booking made has assigned seats already) but then when you try asking for help from the San Francisco staff to check if we can have all seats together they say the flight is full and the tone is just not close to any customer service conversation. The flight was good, food was warm and delicious. I just found the cabin staff to be hurried and quite brusque.
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore via Taipei

"delayed by 40 mins"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. Flight was delayed by 2 hrs on my outbound flight causing me to miss my connection, delayed by 40 mins on my return. I drank only around 450ml of fluid through the duration of each flight, I was suffering from dehydration by the time we reached Heathrow. I found the cabin staff to be hurried and quite brusque and impatient.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownJune 2019

"pleased with the outgoing flight"

Trip Verified | The flight was fine and I was very pleased with the outgoing flight cause we were served such delicious meals on board. Another passenger and I had discussed this on the waiting lounge for our connecting flight to Tokyo and how happy we were of the delicious meals we got served from Vancouver to Taipei. On the second leg of our flight to Tokyo, again we were served such delicious food. The other female passenger and I agreed again. Unfortunately, on my return to Canada on June 3, 2019, I was quite disappointed with the food. I left the rest untouched and the appetizer was awful plus the cake tasted like it's from a cheap bakery. Taipei to Vancouver, I picked the pork cutlet. It was terrible and I couldn't eat it. I asked the stewardess if Eva Air had changed catering service and she said she doesn't know. She told me she'll tell the supervisor but the supervisor never came to see me. It was so disappointing after I had been raving about how delicious the food was from Vancouver to Japan.
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER
RouteTaipei to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2019

"more legroom and recline more"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London on EVA Air's Boeing 777-300ER in Premium Economy. Check in has two dedicated lanes for Premium Economy, so check-in was a quick 5 minutes, the queue for normal economy was huge. On-board the seats have more legroom and recline more, IFE screens are a little bigger, however I found the Movie, TV, Music selection really limited and only watched one movie. No noise cancelling headphones. I found the food was low-grade. The most annoying aspect of the trip is for anyone sitting in the last two rows is the constant noise, light and smell from the toilets, and traffic from the economy section behind was constant. The 777-300ER is a noisy aircraft compared to the A380 and A350 I would normally choose to fly on.
AircraftB777
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownMay 2019

"very attentive and professional"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Vancouver via Taipei. Staff was very attentive and professional in service. Aircraft was clean and properly maintained with aisle access for every passenger. Food was nicely presented with good preparation as per my prerequisite. Comparable to world leader Singapore airline if not better.
RouteSingapore to Vancouver via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2019

"One of the best airlines"

Trip Verified | Paris to Taipei. Fantastic experience in Economy Class. Very kind and professional cabin crew who make you comfortable and understand the challenges you face when traveling with very young children. Food was really good, entertainment system was top-notch. The seats were very comfortable and we didn't struggle to sleep during our 12hrs+ flight. Great wifi, not streaming fast but fast enough to browse the web. Arrived on time and luggage were delivered promptly in Taipei. One of the best airlines you can fly with.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Cabin crew is good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok. I think onboard catering is good. I'm flying with new aircraft version so the seat will be config 3-4-3 so the seat pitch is ok (32 inch) but seat width is to small. Cabin crew is good. Inflight entertainment is okay. EVA air is one of my favourite airlines.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER