EVA Air

"damage to covers is not compensated"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Taipei. The flight experience itself is very correct. However, at arrival in TPE I went to fetch my baggage and noticed that the new cover I bought as a protector for my Rimowa was damaged and I can no longer use it. EVA ground staff said that damage to covers is not compensated. Cannot understand this because it also costs money ($50). Also when sending an email I get a standard email that they are looking forward for my patronage again. I'll choose to fly other airlines instead.
RouteSeoul to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Overall a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Flew from LHR to BKK return last week on premium economy. Overall a pleasant flight and will definitely recommend it again. Of course it's not as good as their business class but it represents great value. Check in at both Heathrow and Bangkok were super efficient. At Bangkok despite there being multiple flights leaving at the same time to Europe and Taipei, the check in lanes for business and premium economy were empty and the check in process took less than 5 minutes. This is far superior than most of the European business class check in experience (BA/Air France and KLM in particular). Flights took off on time and landed ahead of schedule. The seat itself was very comfortable - I found the seat to be more spacious than those on Cathay Pacific. Service on the outbound flight was efficient and standard but on the way back the crew was very friendly and professional. The plane was clean, food was tasty and the crew walked around the cabin few times offering water and food post main meal. There is never a long queue for the toilet. The big let down with EVA is the limited choice of movie/TV programme. I was lucky I found a Taiwanese TV drama that I wanted to watch otherwise you'd better preload your ipad with Netflix or BBC Iplayer. There was also an incident when we landed in Bangkok. Due to heavy thunder and rain the airport ground service was suspended but no information was given. Had to wait for 2 hours for the luggage to come out. Compared with my last EVA premium economy flight (2 years ago), I personally feel that sadly the service has declined - although it's still above most of the airlines premium economy. The toilets in premium economy on my previous flight was spotless and I think they have reduced the frequency of cleaning. Nevertheless EVA is still a great option to fly to Asia from US/Europe. Their business and premium class products and services are will above the competitors.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Always a great experience"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Taipei . Always a great experience with EVA Air. Website, price, food,entertainment, service, check in, luggage, no problems or surprises, 4 times using them. Recommend them.
RouteSan Francisco to Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I am completely sold on them"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Taipei via Tokyo. EVA Air was the first Asian carrier I've flown on and my first experience in long-haul business class. From this point I am completely sold on them. The quality of the service and food on both my flights was fantastic. The cabin crew in Business Class are very attentive and quickly are at your seat as soon as your glass or plate is empty with another drink or meal course. As someone who works in the aviation industry I am all too familiar with the intricacies of an airline from front-line to behind-the-scenes. All four of my flights departed on time and when faced with a difficult situation (arriving 35 minutes prior to departure due to an airport-access issue) the ground staff were accommodating and whisked me through security. Surprisingly my baggage also made the flight which was something I was concerned with. If I had to find a negative it would unfortunately be the Plaza Premium lounge EVA Air uses in Toronto. This lounge was extremely basic and the food/drink options were minimal. For an airline who prides themselves on their quality I'd have expected them to opt for a better lounge option. On the other hand, their Infinity Lounge in Taipei was the complete opposite (obviously being that it is at their hub they have more control) with ample food, drink, and comfort options.
RouteToronto to Taipei via Tokyo
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no other way to fly"

Trip Verified | This was my return trip back to the US after 3 weeks in Indonesia and Malaysia. The seat was very comfortable though I did not make use of the sleeping position as it was a day flight and I was not tired. The meal service was impeccable with various options for selection. I selected the filet mignon and it was superb. The service was exceptional and the flight attendant addressed me by name. She was very pleasant and friendly though sometimes I had a little hard time understanding her English. We managed and everything went well. Certainly this would be an awesome seat to fly the 15-hour trip. I was very impressed and more so very grateful for the upgrade. That was such a pleasant surprise. I will soon be returning to Indonesia in a few months and there is no other way to fly there for me but EVA Air.
RouteJakarta to Taipei

"Service was flawless"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Houston. This was my home leg on a trip that started in Jakarta. Once landing in Taipei, only had less than one hour to make the transfer to the Houston flight so I was trying to walk as fast as I could. As is always the case our arrival gate was way way down from the transfer area, I thought it was a mile walk. As I approached the transfer area there were two employees of EVA Air announcing the Houston flight and I said I was going there, then they asked my name and I told them and to my surprise they handed me a new boarding pass that upgraded me to Premium Economy on the Taipei Houston flight. I was dumbfounded bue very appreciative of this gesture by EVA Air. I managed the transfer i and arrived at the airplane like 15 minutes before departure. Having tried the premium economy product before, I proceeded to settle on my seat for the long flight home. Shortly after take off we were served our dinner. The PM product has one additional serving of food, akin to an appetizer. All the food served was very good tasty and proper temperature, cold when needed to be cold and hot was needed to be hot. Service was flawless as it always has been for me with EVA. Shortly after I slept for a while and missed the snack and then proceeded to watch movies and listen to music until landing. The second meal was also on point and I arrived rested and well fed in Houston. All in all this was my 6th trip with EVA and my 24th flight with them in 3 years and I have never been disappointed. I was very appreciative of the upgrades but my experience has always been great with this airline.
RouteTaipei to Houston

"excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Houston to Taipei. This was my sixth trip to Asia on EVA Air in the last three years. I have friends that have recommended I fly on another airline and I honestly just refused. I have always had excellent experience with EVA Air up to now so why change. I am now a Gold Member of their frequent flyer program so I was able to check in using the Gold line. I was given a pass to the lounge at IAH and also for the Taipei Lounge once I arrived there. I was flying in economy, aisle seat first cabin. As always the seat was comfortable with all the required functions and with the pillow and blanket and earphones. First meal came by and as always excellent service and selection. I proceeded to go to sleep for a few hours and missed the mid flight snack but was awake for the pre landing meal. The flight attendants as always very pleasant and friendly. The bathrooms are always spotless and I know they do make various trips to clean the bathrooms on this 15-hour flight. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience as it has always been the case for me and EVA Air.
AircraftBoeing 777-ER
RouteHouston to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2019

"plastic floss pick in the utensil bag"

Trip Verified | Taipei to New York in June 2019. My family and I are regular flyers with EVA Air, and part of the reason has been its environmental care through its service. Our recent flight experience caused us some concern about the environmental care. One example was the use of plastic floss pick in the utensil bag.
RouteTaipei to New York
Date FlownJune 2019

"seats not very comfortable"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Los Angeles via Taipei. The food is decent, but not perfect. Boeing 777 was very old on both Los Angeles flights. The seats are not very comfortable. All my flights were delayed for from 30 minutes up to more than 1 hour. Hello Kitty Boeing 777 on TPE-LAX was horrible, old and the interior colors are annoying. Plastic forks and knives are not for 5 star airlines. Service on board was good. No slippers or toothbrush were provided on long-haul flights.
AircraftA320 / B777
RouteSeoul to Los Angeles via Taipei

"Very very disappointing"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | I use EVA frequently for work. Every single month. When the EVA strike was taking place many of my booked flights were cancelled with no compensation or apology. I was not given anything for the trips I had to miss and all complaints to EVA were shut down and ignored. Then when I had to miss a booked flight because of a family emergency I was not allowed to board the return flight I had already booked nor could I get a refund without incurring huge fees, equal to the price of the flight. The whole process is meant to charge you more and force you to book another flight, despite the fact you're already paid for the missed one in full. I arrived at the airport after a long and tiring trip trying to get home and had to book another seat at triple the cost even though I already had a seat booked on the flight. Very very disappointing, as EVA was one of my favourite airlines. Will not be reviewing my membership or flying with them again. Sad they treat loyal members this way, and no effort was made whatsoever from staff to help solve the situation. Just mechanical responses like "sorry for the inconvenience."
RouteHong Kong to Taipei City