EVA Air

"There is plenty of leg room"

Trip Verified | This was the first time that I have taken the nonstop flight between Taipei to Chiang Mai. I have always gone through BKK and up to CNX. The connection with my incoming flight from Vancouver was perfect and instead of arriving at CNX around suppertime, I arrived later in the morning. Once again, the flight crew are incredible, courteous, respectful, communicate well and helpful in any way needed. The food and red wine were great and I certainly was not hungry upon arrival. There is plenty of leg room on the 321 and this is a route that I will most definitely use again between CNX-YVR or CNX-YYZ. I never hesitate to recommend EVA to my friends coming over here from either Canada or the U,.S. The ground crew in Vancouver, where my trip originated are also great and really helpful.
RouteTaipei to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"praise for this excellent airline"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Taipei. I have flown EVA Airways several times over the last few years between Vancouver and Thailand, via Taipei. EVA is by far the very best airline in providing courtesy, respect, communication, excellent food and comfort. On this past trip I needed assistance being able to connect to the onboard WiFi. One of the flight attendants was extremely helpful in making sure that I could connect and she was great. She might have been the lead flight attendant. The food is incredible and served with class. The flights leave on time or even a bit early once everyone is onboard and they seem to arrive on time or very close to on time. The washrooms are immaculate. I have recommended EVA Airways to friends who have also taken the route from Vancouver to Thailand and come away with praise for this excellent airline! I have also taken the route from Toronto to Thailand and that fight and service is superb also,
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteVancouver to Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Very poor communication"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Taiwan. Unfortunately, they responded very poorly for their foreign customers during the strike. Not aware of the strike, I purchased the ticket just days before it and only had to find out about the strike in the media when I was in Taiwan. EVA made no attempt to communicate, besides a text that the flight was cancelled 2 days before departure, during the travel peak season of late June. Tried contacting the office and submitted refund request on their website. Received about 20% of what I originally paid for, in my credit card refund. The crews cannot speak English and they communicate poorly with their customers. I would not recommend it, especially if you are a foreigner. Very poor communication.
RouteToronto to Taiwan
Date FlownJune 2019

"flight attendants just disappeared"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Taipei. While EVA deserves its reputation as a top airline, my most recent experience with EVA was not my best. During my 6/2019 flight from ORD to TPE, I had to call for a Flight Attendant 3 times for a beverage before an attendant came over. The flight attendants just disappeared after the first meal, that often happens on USA airlines, but I have never experienced that on EVA before. Another note: the plane was just a bit too warm to sleep well. I have requested to lower the temp on other EVA flights and usually, FAs do lower it a bit, but this time, my fault, I just too dispirited to ask, and I will dress more lightly on the return. My TPE to ORD return trip this week was canceled due to the ongoing EVA flight attendant strike that began 6-20-19. After I received email notification my return flight was canceled, I waited in a queue overnight at TPE airport 10 hours trying to rebook, I was #1131 of 1375. I was grateful EVA kept the ticketing desk open all night for those of us who were waiting, however, the six EVA agents stationed in front of the queue doing nothing productive but chatting with each other could have been better utilized at the ticket desk assisting customers to find alternative flights and lessening the waiting time. After 10 hours of waiting, I was assisted and offered different options for my return flight to the US. The agents were mostly helpful but seemed annoyed when I refused their initial offer of return flights with no seat assignment or were a lesser booking class than my original ticket. In the end, EVA agents were able to rebook/reroute me on a return flight with one stop. I will likely continue to fly EVA routes when there is a choice, however, given my experience with EVA this time, when I next book a flight, I will look at all flights options instead of EVA first.
RouteChicago to Taipei
Date FlownJune 2019

"one of the finest business class"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Toronto via Taipei. I must say this is one of the finest business class I had the pleasure to fly in. Flight attendants on both flights were excellent. Service quick and accommodating. Food was great. The flight attendants all had been extremely polite and always inquiring if they can be of assistance. The In Charge came around and introduces herself to all the business passengers. Plane was extremely clean on both flights. Washroom was obviously was continually cleaned during the flight. I would fly this airline again and would highly recommend EVA air.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteTokyo to Toronto via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2019

"A330 plane was old"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Eva Air has one of the best airline lounges I have used. The quality of the food in their Infinity Lounge in Taoyuan Airport is excellent while the selection is wide. They even serve Haagen Dazs ice cream in their lounge. However, the A330 plane they used for the Taipei-Manila leg was old. The seat was hard and uncomfortable. Moreover, the food that they served on business class was the worst business class meal I've tasted. Eva Air's service may be good but the business class seats on this A330 and the food were bad.
RouteTaipei to Manila

"The flight was good"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Singapore via Taipei. Flying back from a holiday with my wife and a 3y/o daughter. Booked flights via an agency with a confirmed seat (all 3 of us seating next to each other). Expecting that the seats were all set, we were not able to see that the seats they had assigned are not seating next to each other. Upon sitting in the plane, a lady passenger said the seat is assigned to her, good thing she was okay swapping seat. Its just so disappointing that Eva Air knows that a single booking has been made and expecting to have all 3 of us seating next to each other (honest mistake, didnt bother to check the tickets for the seat numbers, expecting that they were all set since the booking made has assigned seats already) but then when you try asking for help from the San Francisco staff to check if we can have all seats together they say the flight is full and the tone is just not close to any customer service conversation. The flight was good, food was warm and delicious. I just found the cabin staff to be hurried and quite brusque.
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore via Taipei

"delayed by 40 mins"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London. Flight was delayed by 2 hrs on my outbound flight causing me to miss my connection, delayed by 40 mins on my return. I drank only around 450ml of fluid through the duration of each flight, I was suffering from dehydration by the time we reached Heathrow. I found the cabin staff to be hurried and quite brusque and impatient.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownJune 2019

"pleased with the outgoing flight"

Trip Verified | The flight was fine and I was very pleased with the outgoing flight cause we were served such delicious meals on board. Another passenger and I had discussed this on the waiting lounge for our connecting flight to Tokyo and how happy we were of the delicious meals we got served from Vancouver to Taipei. On the second leg of our flight to Tokyo, again we were served such delicious food. The other female passenger and I agreed again. Unfortunately, on my return to Canada on June 3, 2019, I was quite disappointed with the food. I left the rest untouched and the appetizer was awful plus the cake tasted like it's from a cheap bakery. Taipei to Vancouver, I picked the pork cutlet. It was terrible and I couldn't eat it. I asked the stewardess if Eva Air had changed catering service and she said she doesn't know. She told me she'll tell the supervisor but the supervisor never came to see me. It was so disappointing after I had been raving about how delicious the food was from Vancouver to Japan.
AircraftBoeing 777 300ER
RouteTaipei to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2019

"more legroom and recline more"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London on EVA Air's Boeing 777-300ER in Premium Economy. Check in has two dedicated lanes for Premium Economy, so check-in was a quick 5 minutes, the queue for normal economy was huge. On-board the seats have more legroom and recline more, IFE screens are a little bigger, however I found the Movie, TV, Music selection really limited and only watched one movie. No noise cancelling headphones. I found the food was low-grade. The most annoying aspect of the trip is for anyone sitting in the last two rows is the constant noise, light and smell from the toilets, and traffic from the economy section behind was constant. The 777-300ER is a noisy aircraft compared to the A380 and A350 I would normally choose to fly on.
AircraftB777