EVA Air

"an excellent trip"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Bangkok via Taipei. As expected, this was an excellent trip. The seats were comfortable and had good recline which made sleeping possible. The attention by the crew was excellent and they were responsive to passenger needs. The food was tasty and I enjoyed the meals but the presentation was not as good as it might have been. The dishes were a bit tacky and did not match the overall quality standards that were evident in every other aspect of the service. Minor thing, of course. I would rather have tasty food on plastic rather than crummy food on upgraded dishes. The IFE was excellent and provided more than enough options for the duration. It is very hard to fault them in any aspect of the trip. Highly recommend.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSan Francisco to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Service is really impressive"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Taipei. Service is really impressive. I did not expect too much because it was just a very short flight. I was surprised that it was rather full service. Plane used was A321. Despite being a full flight, the cabin was not too cramp. It is good they have toilets in the middle of the plane. There was a decent meal. Blankets were provided. Earphones were provided. I particularly enjoyed the aromatherapy inspired amenities in the toilet, which I would only expect for longer flights. I flew the same route with Philippine Airlines before and noticed a clear difference of service.
RouteManila to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I was very impressed"

Trip Verified | Paris to Jakarta via Taipei. I was very impressed with the service of Eva Air. The food was excellent, seats comfortable in Economy and more legroom in comparison ot other 5* airlines and not to miss a generous 30kg luggage allowance. The flight attendents were always going through to offer water and juices between meals. The toiletes were cleaned on a regular basis throughout the flight. Even before arriving at the destinations the toilets were as clean as at take off. Leaving Jakarta, our seats were changed by EVA as the IFE was not working at our reserved seats. Would not hesitate to use EVA Air again.
RouteParis to Jakarta via Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"amazing and comfortable journey"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Amsterdam via Taipei. Customer service and overall experience from the ground staff and the cabin crew are just excellent and way beyond what most legacy carriers offer. Politeness and attentiveness of all EVA Air staff, particularly the ground staff at TPE, is just extraordinary. An amazing and comfortable journey always with EVA Air. Looking forward to fly with them again.
RouteManila to Amsterdam via Taipei

"exceeded my expectations"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Chiang Mai via Taipei. Excellent service from EVA Air counter and gate crew to their onboard staff. EVA Air planes are always clean and this long haul flight across the Pacific provided me with EVA Air's great onboard service. IFE, meals, and smiling crew members are difficult to beat. Once again they met and exceeded my expectations.
RouteLos Angeles to Chiang Mai via Taipei

"another excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Houston to Jakarta via Taipei. This trip makes my 16th trip on Eva Air, (Houston/Taipei/Jakarta/Taipei/Houston in the last year and a half. This being my 4th trip to Indonesia, I have become more astute in looking at the available airlines to Jakarta from Houston. While the selection is not huge there are enough to offer some level of competition. The comment is due to the fact that I have been able to find cheaper air fare to Jakarta for this trip, I still opted to fly on Eva Air because I know I will be first class service in Economy. I cannot say enough about the level of excellent service in this airline. The seats, the entertainment selection and the food in economy are just tops. The service from the flight attendants, it is just above and beyond any US airline. The flight to Taipei was on a 777-300 and I selected seat 64G, it was an aisle seat very close to the rear bathroom and allowed me to move about the cabin without having to bother anyone. The seat was comfortable with ample leg room and enough seat recline for me to sleep comfortably for several hours. I also prepaid for the WIFI and was able to use my social media accounts without issue. I was not able to find a power outlet under the seat but the entertainment screen had outlets for power for my iphone and it was charged the entired trip. This was another excellent experience in Eva Air to Asia !!
RouteHouston to Jakarta via Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a really good journey"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Los Angeles. It was a really good journey. Flight attendants were very attentive. You got champagne as welcome drink and it was really good. The pajama provided on the long haul flight is very comfortable. I'm still wearing it at home. I had duck breast and it was surprisingly good. I'll totally fly with Eva again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTaipei to Los Angeles

"an excellent airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Chiang Mai. Excellent service on an excellent airline. The staff is incredibly patient and fast. Aircraft is clean and I always have an on-time departure and arrival on EVA. This flight is with a single aisle aircraft but the mid-cabin lavatories make it easier.
RouteTaipei to Chiang Mai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"needed a ticket before entering"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Denpasar via Taipei. I have been living in Indonesia for the past two years, and have flown in and out of Indonesia every two months because of the temporary visa. I arrived, and to my surprise said I was told I was not allowed on the flight unless I had a ticket flying out of Bali. I have always booked my ticket from within Indonesia and never needed or purchased a ticket before entering. Having done this for the past two years, I was quite surprised and very confused. The staff at Vancouver were extremely rude, one of them even said, "how about instead of telling us how it is, you go and buy a ticket!" I was so shocked at how rude she was. There was no sympathy from these people. I was so angry, but fortunately I kept my cool. I will never fly with them again.
RouteVancouver to Denpasar via Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2018

"really are genuinely friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok. Check-in at a dedicated area, no fast track for security/customs though, but all went very fast. Nice lounge (Infinity), all you need is there. The best part of the flight is the flight attendants, both outbound, and inbound flights, they really are genuinely friendly, going out of their way to make you comfortable. Nice food, wines, and superb service. Many airlines can learn a lot from the way EVA treats their business class passengers!
RouteTaipei to Bangkok