Eurowings

"after 9 days I got my luggage"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Bologna. When we arrived in Bologna my luggage wasn't there. A PIR-rapport was filed and after 9 days I got my luggage in Italy. On August 4 I send a claim by email to Eurowings, but still no answer!! After almost 3 months I still have no compensation!
RouteDusseldorf to Bologna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not compensating for the hotel"

Trip Verified | My flight from Hamburg to Vienna had a delay, so the plane arrived too late for my connecting flight and I missed it. They rebooked me but told me to book my own accomodation. Now they are not compensating for the hotel or the compensation according to EU-Regulation 261/2004. They telling it were the "extraordinary circumstances", which is a lie. The ticket was very expensive in their wannabe BIZclass which is ridiculous: there was no selection of sandwiches. I got offered some crackers and orange juice.
RouteHamburg to Vienna

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Milan to Dusseldorf. The airline was oversubscribed. Appalling service. Moreover, they took our luggage at check in but since it was overbooked, they gave it back to us, but this time with damamges all over our luggages. Lastly, their call centre number printed on their leaflet does not even work! Worst airline ever.
RouteMilan to Dusseldorf
Date FlownOctober 2019

"high risk of substandard service"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled with less than 1 hour’s notice from Munich to Düsseldorf where I had a connecting flight to Edinburgh. No reason for cancellation given. No assistance from Eurowings to get home, just left to get on with it. Eurowings charged over £600 for these short haul flights. Managed to get booked onto a late night easyJet flight home which cost a further £190 with a 10 hour wait. Despite the appalling service, inconvenience caused and significant cost incurred, this company continues to frustrate and inconvenience me. Trying to get compensation and refund on the cancelled flights is proving difficult. On the 3 occasions I’ve actually managed to get through on the phone, waiting up to a hour at a time, I’ve been met with a total lack of willingness to help, one customer service adviser was in fact rude and antagonistic. I’ve politely requested updates by email but I’m getting no response. I understand flights occasionally need to be cancelled and I accept that. What I can’t accept is the poor customer service thereafter. Eurowings had a chance here to make a bad situation better but instead they’ve chosen to make a bad situation even worse. I’ll pursue them until the matter has been resolved, if this means alternative dispute resolution or legal action then so be it. To be avoided, high risk of substandard service, frustration, inconvenience and financial loss...never again!
RouteMunich to Edinburgh via Düsseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"on hold for 1 hour each time"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Munich booked for November 2019. Have tried for three days to get someone on the phone and I've been on hold for 1 hour each time. Never reached anyone. I sent an email and never got an answer.
RouteDusseldorf to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2019

"lack of urgency and communication"

Trip Verified | Munich to Mykonos. This is regarding lost luggage but the review is about the customer service and lack of urgency and communication from EuroWings. We never received our luggage during our honeymoon and were assured the wrong would be made right. It has been more than 3 months and countless emails and calls to customer service, with no response, no apology, no compassion. I can’t see how I could ever trust this airline again. My husband and I were on our honeymoon and spent a good percentage of every single day either emailing or calling EuroWings and United Airlines searching for any information on our baggage, or searching for undergarments, toiletries, medication, or clothing in each of our destinations just to keep us going each day, all without any estimation of how long we'd be without our belongings. These activities spanned our entire 16 day vacation and now we're home having to do more work in order to claim what we've lost and the money we've spent. (Claim has been sent separately by email. This is a review about the customer service quality we received.) Many times throughout our 16-day journey a various agent from EuroWings Baggage Competence center would ensure me we'd have our luggage soon "within one to two days perhaps", and still, this dragged on from the very beginning. You can imagine how lost and scared we might have felt, hopeful to see our bags within a day or two, only to be disappointed yet again that they were not even located for periods of time. It felt like no one was helping proactively. Every time I called, I'd have to relive and re-recite the details to the next agent. Many mistakes were made along the way, not necessarily by EW but by all parties involved. I hope we can all learn from this situation but my husband and I should never have been punished for others' mishaps. Our honeymoon should have been the happiest time of our lives but unfortunately we returned home emotional, tired, stressing over finances and feeling defeated. We lost so much time on our very special and expensive trip, and we'll never be able to get that time back. It's heartbreaking if I'm being honest. It just does not feel fair.
RouteMunich to Mykonos
Date FlownJune 2019

"Impossible to change or cancel"

Not Verified | London to Vienna. Flight delayed so I would have missed my connection. Impossible to change or cancel flight. I spent over one hour waiting on telephone before I hung up in disgust. No service desk at Heathrow and no one could help. This is shocking service.
RouteLondon to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"our first flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Munich to Manchester via Düsseldorf. Very basic flights to Munich on the outgoing leg. Extremely cramped seats. Drinks less than average and very expensive. Staff unfriendly. On the return we waited for 2 hours at the gate with repeated delays only to be told our first flight was cancelled. Surely they knew earlier? And we could have got an earlier replacement flight then? But no.
RouteMunich to Manchester via Düsseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"We will never use them again"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience! Düsseldorf to Las Vegas Sept. 27th We will never fly with Eurowings again. I’m not sure if the worst part was the rudeness, laziness, incompetence, or lack of professionalism. It started with a circus of a boarding procedure. They allowed everyone to just pile in from multiple lines instead of boarding the groups in order. Once onboard and underway the attendants started giving out the dinner meals. They skipped us and when I asked why we didn’t get food they said our tickets didn’t come with a meal and that we would have to purchase food from their catalog instead. It was embarrassing as hell as everyone else around us was fed. There was never an option when purchasing our tickets to get a meal. Our tickets were not discount tickets either, and I would also like to add that this is close to a 12 hour flight. We ordered food from the catalog at their inflated prices. When we tried paid for it they were unhappy with the 50 Euro bill I had and wanted a smaller bill. About two hours after this we pressed the flight attendant button to get something to drink, because they had not been coming around. When the flight attendant came by we ordered, to which she responded in a voice louder than necessary, that we needed to get up, go to the back of the plane, and get it ourselves. Then she told us not to press the service button for anything other than an emergency. We actually would have rather got our stuff ourselves because of the laziness of the crew but we couldn’t because they were letting a bunch of drunk guys hang out in the back and in the areas with the bathrooms, which became a huge problem every time you had to go use the facilities. I could say more but I’ll leave it at this. We will never use them again.
RouteDüsseldorf to Las vegas

"worst experience"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Las Vegas. One of my worst experiences with an airline ever. I will never fly EuroWings again! I'm traveling several times per year as a business class passenger with multiple airlines mainly between the US and Europe. When boarding my flight in Dusseldorf as a business class passenger to Las Vegas I was directed in an incredibly harsh way to turn in my small handbag and to pay 35 Euros to get it checked in as normal baggage. The bag was ripped away from me so that I did not even have a chance to grab my medication, my notebook or sweatshirt which are all essential accessories during my regular flights. Because of the rude treatment other passengers looked at me probably thinking I was a criminal trying to illegally enter the plane. I was so much in shock about the embarrassment of the situation that I found myself almost paralyzed and unable to protest. Looking back I should have refused to comply with their senseless request and insisted to speak with a customer service manager. In 10 years of flying business or premium economy class that same small handbag has never been rejected as it easily fits into the above-seat compartments of any airplane in any position. To make the situation completely grotesque I found out that not even 20% of the available space in the cabin was actually occupied, some of the compartments completely empty! As a business class passenger paying the multiple amount for an airplane ticket I obviously expect some leniency regarding the size of my carry-on especially if it's acceptable to any other airline in the world. After my return, I complained about my treatment trough email with the customer service department of EuroWings and their response was even more shocking than my boarding experience. I'm happy to share this unbelievable communication thread with anybody who is interested to see it. It is just incomprehensible how this airline treats its clients and I am sure that EuroWings will follow soon into the steps of all these other low-cost carriers filing bankruptcy right now because of their complete lack of understanding of the minimum rules of customer service.
RouteDusseldorf to Las Vegas