Eurowings

"service onboard was impressive"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Palma to Vienna. Eurowings is taking the place of Air Berlin at Palma de Mallorca. The service onboard was impressive, and professional attitude of staff. Seat are quite confortable, I was in seat 6A. Plane departed on time, and we arrived to Viena 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Food and drinks were offered for free if you pay their Smart fare. Really a good option.
RoutePMI to VIE
Date FlownNovember 2016

"we couldn't complain"

Birmingham to Hamburg with Eurowings. For the money we paid to get to and from Hamburg for a lads weekend we couldn't complain. Slight 10 minute delay on the way out from Birmingham but the planes looked brand new and the seats were much more comfortable than I have seen on UK budget airlines.
RouteBHX to HAM
Date FlownOctober 2016

"boarding an undignified scramble"

Edinburgh to Dusseldorf with Eurowings. This airline goes from bad to worse. 50% of their flights I have taken have a delayed departure, but they never tell you until the last second. Despite having their useless app, I always pass security before Eurowings admit that the flight is late. Again. In fact the airport state boards update before the app, so don't try that dodge. In fact, they gave the time to write this review while sat in departures for another flight delayed by over an hour and announced 20mins before boarding. I have lost count of the times I got up early for a Eurowings flight that left late or the times I got home late. Explanations are few and far between. It usually involves staff arriving late if they do tell you. Do not pay for a premium seat; boarding is an undignified scramble that makes Ryanair look good. The inflight food is terrible and the coffee is stewed for extra nastiness. A dreadful, smug, incumbent airline.
RouteEDI to DUS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"cabin crew were efficient"

Return Heathrow/Bonn with Eurowings. Both flights on time. The basic seats have minimum space which is acceptable for a short flight and the price. The cabin crew were efficient but never smiled when greeting or serving food to passengers. The size and number of cases allowed as carry-on luggage was not checked so the overhead lockers were very full and could not easily cope with the numbers. Self check in did not work in Bonn but there were check in desks available. Online check in is only available 72 hours before departure and not for return flights at the same time which is not user friendly.
RouteLHR to CGN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"poor space within luggage compartments"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Vienna and first time with Eurowings. Never again unless there is no other option. Delayed and I lost all my city train conections. They do not give you even a glass of water inflight. I flew to Barcelona for the same price with Niki who offered non-stop beverages and even some snacks. Second rate terminals and airports. Although only 8kg baggage is allowed most passengers had huge enormous bags - which led to poor space within cabin luggage compartments. If you have a choice to fly by other companies - avoid Eurowings.
RouteBCN to VIE
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"friendly crew and good info from the cockpit"

Verified Review | Only a slight delay with the last flight out flying from Manchester to Dusseldorf, which is worth a mention since Eurowings flights tend to delay at the end of the day. Friendly crew and good info from the cockpit. Booked basic so no food, but can't complain for 50 euros. CRJ900 is nice because of the much better legroom than on other LCC. Irritating that EW are not accepting Dutch IBAN-numbers, so you always pay 10 euros more and you get their digital magazine (which I don't want).
AircraftCRJ900
RouteMAN to DUS
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"won't fly Eurowings again"

Verified Review | Paris CDG to Berlin. The service was friendly but Eurowings left my suitcase in Paris. I was on a direct flight, no connections, and I wasn't late, so there was no obvious reason why my bag wouldn't land with me. What was worse was the tracking system. Although my bag was apparently on the next flight on the same day, I didn't find out anything about the status until two days later. On the same flight as me was a French woman who didn't receive her bag but her boyfriend did even thought they checked in their bags at the same time. When it finally indicated that "item was located " I went to Tegel to pick up my bag instead of waiting for delivery. I couldn't do much for two days because I didn't know when my bag would be delivered. When I went to pick up my bag, the bag recovery area in terminal C was like a zoo but this isn't just Eurowings's problem. But I did meet other people there who were putting in complaints at Eurowings for lost/misplaced bags from Paris as well. This seems to be a recurring problem I fly fairly often and my bag has been delayed only once. This is a short flight from Paris to Berlin. Such inefficiency! I won't fly Eurowings again.
RouteCDG to TGL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cannot find anything positive"

Verified Review | Zurich to Hamburg. Heavy delay. Unfriendly staff, poor cabin layout at high costs. Unfortunately it is impossible to avoid Eurowings from and to Hamburg. It is only the lanes and counting legs for miles&more which keep this airline in business. Even if I try, I cannot find anything positive. The best experience is usually the bus ride from the far away tarmac to the arrival hall.
RouteZRH to HAM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"false economy to fly Eurowings"

(China)

Verified Review | Vienna to London Stansted with Eurowings. One class flight but Eurowings offers different pricing for a similar seat. Staff has a list indicating fare code of each passenger and serve free drinks only to those eligible, which at online check in 48 hrs (rather than 24) before flight passengers can pay for additions. The flight is similar to say Easyjet but better in that Eurowings does not make it difficult for passengers like Easyjet to stipulate that passengers must print boarding passes, and with Eurowings paying for luggage at counter costs the same, unlike Easyjet it costs more if not prepaid. The fight is on time and not bad in itself, except the arrival airport is Stansted that is inconvenient. I chose Eurowings for a lower fare than BA, but with a piece of check-in luggage charged for 30 Euros, and the inconvenience of Stansted (difficult / costly / time consuming public transportation) I have to say it is false economy to fly Eurowings on this route. BA to Heathrow with fast and inexpensive tube connection is a better idea.
RouteVIE to STN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"won't try again for a while"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Prague via Cologne. A last moment decision & a one way ticket thus the pricing was a factor, however if I count all the add-ons, then Eurowings isn't anywhere near a low cost compared to other airlines. Long haul trips needs ample kgs for your luggage and a meal. Payment for every single item is expected but beware any changes in your flight that you might need. Any rebooking is always mlre expensive than the entire fare! Flight from Bangkok already overbooked and trying to get some passengers to take a later flight. Wanted to Change my flight several days back with their call center and they could've spared themselves a headache and the 300€ for anyone who agreed to fly another day! All flights were on time. A nice fresh A330 from Bangkok and a completely full flight. The crew was going overtime to handle all the service and this is where I can say the flight was uncomfortable. Food service and figuring out who prepaid and what seats, then drinks then duty free - slowly many passengers realized that they were hungry and the individual orders started to buzz. Crew running up and down the cabin, payments with not enough change or a faulty credit card machine, etc. Not a moment of peace till before landing. Connection in CGN is ok and short hop to Prague with an A320 was only 50min. An interesting option but tickets need to be truly competitive as I'd gladly pay the several hundred dollars and get some peace of mind. Mostly recommend for shorter flights. Long haul wasn't my cup of tea and won't try again for a while.
AircraftA330 / A320