Eurowings

"will get no help if you have issues"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Paris CDG. They lost our 3 bags on this very short flight. They found 2 of them following day, one bag is still missing! What's even upsetting is that they are not doing anything about it. They do not have a phone number to call for this. Their customer service simply tells me to email their "claim" email address, which I did multiple times, I get an automated reply and nothing else. Very frustrating, stay away if you can. You will get no help if you have issues, they will defer you to an email address or will ask you to call later, but you will get no result!
RouteDusseldorf to Paris CDG
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the most delayed airline"

Verified Review | I am a University student who travels regularly between Cologne and Budapest, and the only possibility to fly is with Eurowings. I can honestly say it is the worst airline I have ever flown with. I do not know what goes on in their Operational control center, but it is the most delayed airline. The on-time performance of this route is 63%. What a joke. I fly them 4-5 times a year there and back and I am happy if only once a year they manage to fly me on time. I have had delays where the flight took place the next day, I had delays where the flight from Cologne was already over Czech airspace, and they had to turn back because they realized the crew would run out of duty time - real proper management their. Last time, to minimize the delay from Budapest to Cologne, they replaced the AC in Budapest, as the originating flight from Cologne was over 2 hours delayed. So they took us with an Air Berlin plane which was already positioned at Budapest. I paid extra money for added legroom, as I am 6.2ft/187cm, did not get extra legroom seat on Air Berlin plane. Numerous occasion my plane was so delayed landing in Cologne that there was no longer train service during the night, so I had to take a taxi home, which sometimes cost me more money than the plane ticket.
RouteBudapest to Cologne
Date FlownJune 2017

"didn't expect that much"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Dusseldorf was really good, didn't expect that much from this company. Delayed a little bit, but still manageable and we arrived only 15 minutes late. Even on such a short flight, we get a free drink and a small snack. Aircraft was pretty clean. On the way back though, total disaster. Delay 1 hour, aircraft (19 years old) dirty, seats tattered) unorganized boarding. Only left half of the plane got meal and drink (I dont even know why). Staff unfriendly and obviously bored. Mixed feelings from this company.
RoutePrague to Dusseldorf

"improve service levels"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Milan. This Lufthansa subsidiary is getting worse and worse in its service levels for premium customers: priority boarding cut; access to lounges for the Basic tariff cut, fast lanes that at some airports are the opposite of "fast" or - in the case of Düsseldorf, closed. That is particularly upsetting as I have paid as so called "Best" customer for a service that I am not getting. Also, given the difficult integration of AirBerlin crews and aircraft, the levels of reliability in terms of plans leaving and punctuality have suffered greatly. Trying to rebook flights is not made easy with waiting times of 20 - 30 minutes for the hotline. All in all, having paid more than 300 Euros for a one-way flight, the level of service and reliability does not match ticket prices. Either improve service levels to match prices or cut prices, please.
RouteDusseldorf to Milan
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"delayed because crew not here"

Verified Review | Berlin Tegel to Stuttgart. Flight was delayed because crew not here. No info in lounge but only when you arrive at gate. When I ask when do we board (already 30 minutes after original boarding time), they have no clue because they don't get informed by airline. You just wait without any info.
RouteBerlin Tegel to Stuttgart
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"a classical low-cost airline"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Cologne Bonn. Flight was delayed 3 hours, but it was not the airline's fault (destination airport temporarily closed due to a bomb from the II WW). We got free snacks and beverages for the inconvenience. For the rest, it was a classical low-cost airline, with little space for the legs, no entertainment, but everything as I expected. The only thing that I did not like is that, despite the delay was known well in advance, we were all sent an SMS saying that the times for check-in had not changed, forcing everyone that had to ship his luggage, like me, to stay for hours at the airport.
RouteRome to Cologne Bonn

"the trip was wonderful"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Cologne to Cancun. Me, my wife, and our 5-year and 4-month old sons travelled from Cologne to Cancun with Eurowings (11 hour flight). We had seats in economy class and the trip was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The flight was clean and looked liked new. There was enough space for my legs although I'm a tall guy. Overall, we were happy with the service and would go with them again. Of course, our expectations were in accordance to their rates.
RouteCologne to Cancun

"rotten customer service"

Verified Review | Horrible airline. Sitting in the airport and started receiving delay notifications. Half hour each - not bad after the first two times but then we suddenly received a notification saying that our flight was delayed til the next day at 3PM with no explanation or apologies. After an hour and a half on the phone to customer service, was told that we can book a hotel or taxi etc and we will be compensated. Submitted compensation and still waiting for a reply from a human being (have only received automated responses). Their customer service line is a joke as they keep telling you to send an email. Rotten customer service - avoid at all costs.
RouteZadar to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2017

"not fly with them again"

Verified Review | Izmir to London via Dusseldorf. A bad experience will not fly with them again. The plane and seats was really comfy but when we arrived at Dusseldorf the staff was so rude, also when I arrived at London Heathrow they did not give me my stroller so I had to carry my toddler. Then when we arrived to collect our baggage they did not put it on the plane with us they left it in Germany, still waiting for it now!
RouteIzmir to London via Dusseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"unfriendliness of cabin crew"

Verified Review | Istanbul to London via Cologne. I have never experienced flight which was so cold. Despite telling the crew nothing was done about it. The unfriendliness of the cabin crew was standard throughout the both flights. The food was basic and over priced for what it is. I will not be planning to travel with them again.
RouteIstanbul to London via Cologne