Eurowings

"not worth flying Eurowings"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to London. Avoid this budget airline at all cost! This is our second time we flew it and both times we ran into great problems with them. The first time the flight was delayed by 8 hours and the ground crew did not provide any information or help at all, causing great stress for all passengers and mishandling the situation in many ways. The second time they did not want to check our luggage through to our end destination claiming they had no agreement with the second airline, United, through which the ticket was booked. Tat information is false, they have an agreement and in the end, after 40 minutes of hard work and phone calls on our end, they were able to check it through. They made absolutely no effort on their end to solve the situation. Their ground staff is very poorly trained and has a really bad attitude. You get what you pay for after all and avoid loosing valuable time and comfort. You might think you are saving money, but after adding all additional costs for luggage fees, seat fees, drinks, food, headphones and the stress of uninformed, poorly trained personal as well as maintenance issues and delays, it is clearly not worth flying Eurowings.
RouteHamburg to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they just want you to pay"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Munich to Catania. They took my luggage because I had a little bag and they told me it couldn’t fit under my sit so I have to pay for that. On board surprise the sit are big enough for 3 pieces of my little bag. So they just want you to pay. The ground crew was rude.
RouteMunich to Catania
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"A dreadful experience"

Trip Verified | Munich to Bangkok. The flight started off on the wrong foot. I asked the attendant for a blanket. Her answer "that costs 6 Euro". I looked for the earphones for the entertainment system. Everyone was offered earphones for 3.50 Euro. After about 1.5 hours the meal arrived, I found it disgusting. A limit of 2 non alcoholic drinks for an 11 hour flight. The stewardesses were polite, but disappeared after the food for the next 7 hours. A dreadful experience. I booked this flight via Swiss, normally a good company. If I had read the very fine print I would have seen that it was not a Swiss flight at all.
RouteMunich to Bangkok

Eurowings customer review

Trip Verified | Munich to Bangkok. Eurowings is a terrible airline, seats very old, earplugs not for free, no hot breakfast on board, customer service zero. I had to ask a few times to get water but never got it. I asked for a blanket for my 4 year old, answer was use your coat. Instead of a hot meal in the morning I got a cheese sandwich. I dont believe I went through all this disgusting experience.
RouteMunich to Bangkok

"lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Agadir to London via Dusseldorf. Worst airline. They ran out of food and lost my luggage and have not found it. The service staff was one of the worst I have ever experienced and the flight was =delayed.
RouteAgadir to London via Dusseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2019

"couldn't prove the ETA approval"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from Dusseldorf to London with Eurowings and from there to Vancouver with Air Canada. Well the check -in people insisted I needed to show them the a proof of ETA to flight to Canada though they are only flying me to London so they wouldnt be able to do check my luggage to Canada. The official Canadian immigration page states that you dont need to show proof of it because it is in the system. I showed them that I have applied and paid for it, showed them I came from Canada not long ago, that the passport was actually issued/renewed there that I have been traveling to Canada constantly, that have family there but couldn't prove the ETA approval. So at the end just checked to London but the delay arguing at check in was such that couldn't catch the flight only by a minute. So couldn't flight that day to London, my son had to travel back to Dusseldorf then again on Sunday because had to change the trip to that day with a fee of CAD$500 plus traveling to Dusseldorf to only find the same situation the people at the counter this time were even more inflexible again when they dont even fly to Canada at the end just left on time for London once there no problem at all to board the flight or enter Canada. Thanks Eurowings neither me or my family will use your service anymore!
RouteDusseldorf to London

"barely any space"

Trip Verified | Koln to London. Not only is there barely any space on their flight, Once they cancel your flight, or delay it by 2-3 hours minimum You have to spend money on transport and food till the flight the next day. They should compensate you, but they say it happened to unforeseen circumstances. Their customer service doesn't care, nor do they have any real active agents just avoid this line.
RouteKoln to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the flight is cancelled"

Not Verified | Berlin to Dusseldorf. My flight was supposed to be at 9:20 pm, in front of the gate at 9:00 pm the air hostess announced that the crew didn't come yet from hamburg and the flight is cancelled. Eurowings offered all passengers a hotel and an alternative flight next day (in a very non organized way). After returning to Berlin I sent a claim online for my compensation (250 euros) because of the 1 day delay, they replied with mails saying that the flight was cancelled due to extra ordinary circumstances ! I applied my claim online in an alternative dispute resolution website, and after almost 2 weeks eurowings paid me the compensation!
RouteBerlin to Dusseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"greatly reduced their service"

Trip Verified | Munich to London via Düsseldorf. They have greatly reduced their service since they started. I have a Lufthansa status and bought the SMART tarif so I could access the lounge but now in Munich, Eurowings leaves from Terminal 1 and only provides a waiting area where the only thing free is the water. Although in other airports, you would get access to the LH lounge, they have decided to cut all services in Munich and try to make money on your back instead. On top of that, we got onto the plane and something is falling apart. All the stewardess did was take the piece and put it in the front pocket. Really bad service and poor quality!
RouteMunich to London via Düsseldorf
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Do not recommend"

Trip Verified | London to Cologne. I booked with Eurowings for a Christmas present to go to the markets in December as they had times that suited us at our preferred airport in Stansted. We booked car parking and hotel and then the company change the flight to Heathrow this December. The change is ok but in their email they said to tell them of financial loss. I did and they refuse to refund the money for hotel and car park because of their airport change. Poor service. Do not recommend. If anything changes you're on your own.
RouteLondon to Cologne