Eurowings

"not as good as outbound leg"

Trip Verified | This was my return leg to Nuremberg from Zurich via Hamburg. My experience was not nearly as good as the outbound leg. The flight from Hamburg to Nuremberg was delayed twice for a total of one hour and thirty minutes with absolutely no explanation. If a flight is delayed, you should (at the very least) let your passengers know why. I’m lucky that I didn’t have to make any further connections. After reading more reviews about this airline I also feel lucky that my bags were not lost or misplaced, so that’s a plus.
RouteZurich to Nuremberg via Hamburg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not a bad experience"

Trip Verified | Nuremburg to Zurich via Hamburg. Overall not a bad experience. The lady at the check-in counter was courteous, as were the gate attendants. I had to pay for my checked bag but that’s to be expected with a low-cost airline. Boarding at Nuremburg was delayed 10 minutes but it was not an issue. My seat, 11A, had extra legroom which was very nice. The flight attendants were polite and courteous as well. Food and beverages were not complimentary and had to be purchased as well, but again that’s expected. The flights were smooth and my luggage made it to Zurich without any issues. The cabin WiFi ‘Wings Connect’ was not very good so I was better off using cellular data to browse. Overall, comforts are basic but I have no big complaints.
RouteNuremburg to Zurich via Hamburg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"staff are a credit to the airline"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf to Manchester. I had a nightmare of a week with flying due to Storm Dennis and delayed flights etc. I also had a nightmare trying to get my return flight with EuroWings and missed my flight (the only flight that was on time that week). I was very upset and stressed but I just wanted to say that your staff could not do enough to calm the situation, take control and give me the support and kindness to organise another flight. The staff are a credit to the airline and I would like to thank them all. On a separate note a very young lady at security check area was also kind and thoughtful. In a recent quote 'if you can be anything in the world, be kind' Your staff personified that. Thank you.
RouteDusseldorf to Manchester
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they charged 30 euros"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | On my return flight from Dusseldorf to Athens, Eurowings charged me 30 euros for the same, exactly the same, luggage that I took for free on my outbound flight from Athens to Dusseldorf. Even though we were 2 passengers with 1 piece of luggage 55x40x25 they charged 30 euros.
RouteAthens to Dusserldorf

"Little value for money"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Hannover with Eurowings. Low cost carrier without low costs. Little value for money, often they fly now with planes from Czech Airlines and their crew to push down costs. No service at all, very bad information if flight is delayed.
RouteStuttgart to Hannover

"facing ongoing delays"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Salzburg. It doesn’t get any better - being a frequent flyer, almost every week, facing ongoing delays, more and more cabin luggage restrictions, besides an extremely and overwhelmed ground crew. If you complain they give you a small info sheet and say in a sarcastic tone: "here you can complain- good luck with that" I can’t stand it any longer! Lufthansa becomes more and more board members and the service for the customer becomes worse and worse. The only positive thing I can say is that the flight crew is always very friendly and professional. I don’t know how easyJet is doing it (always on time so far, better service and price) - the Lufthansa Shareholders should consider a change in top management and a new start - otherwise RIP Eurowings/Lufthansa.
RouteBerlin to Salzburg
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"we were upgraded without charge"

Trip Verified | Cheap option, even when booked shortly before travel. Both flights left on time. On the inbound flight we had to drop off our hand luggage since the plane was full, but in Dusseldorf it was on the belt before we arrived, so that was no trouble at all. To my suprise we were upgraded without charge to an extra legroom seat, which was nice. So it was the usual Eurowings-efficiency, that is: if there is not a strike. Just before our flight to Berlin there was a three day strike. Strikes occur on regular base, if not the cabin crew it might be ground crew or airport staff, so that might be a consideration not to book Eurowings.
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteDusseldorf to Berlin Tegel
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Staff were welcoming and courteous"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Sarajevo via Cologne with Eurowings. I was apprehensive about catching a connecting flight from Heathrow, but there were no problems. Check in was done with transfer tag and a smile at the start and the bags arrived fine both ways. All four flights were on time. Staff were welcoming and courteous throughout too. The seats on board were more comfortable than Ryanair, Wizz or Easyjet. The on board menu was acceptable although no hot food options are available, but on the positive side their cold drinks genuinely are served chilled too which is great. Price wise the flights were a bargain. Seat selection online can be chosen for free (from London at least) 72 hours before. Overall significantly better ‘low cost’ travelling than I’ve found elsewhere.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sarajevo via Cologne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"don't get all the hate"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Newark to Palma via Düsseldorf. I have flown Eurowings many times and I honestly don't get all the hate they get from others. It's a low-cost airline that gets you from A to B and charges you for almost everything as many other low costs do. It is not the cheapest option out there but it does give good flying hours. I've been delayed with them a few times but they always sent emails giving information even if the delay was 10minutes. On the flight from Newark to Düsseldorf, the flight was late out due to ATC capacity which is a normal issue. The service was standard, we had to pay for meals and drinks which we knew about since it is shown in your booking that they are not included. The seats were also pretty comfortable and the cabin crew were nice. On the short haul flight to Palma also the same. I have no complaints against them and I do think they are trying hard to be better but some passengers just like to rate them 1/10 because they didn't get a free drink or thet had to pay for seat reservation. Welcome to 2020 aviation guys.
AircraftA333 / A321
RouteNewark to Palma via Düsseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2019

"absolutely cannot complain about Eurowings"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Munich. Priority boarding on this flight was quite a good choice, no problem with hand luggage. Very nice and helpful ground staff. I had the impression that the flight attendants were already a little tired, and not that motivated anymore at that time - but they did their job. No drinks/food included in my ticket (“basic tariff”). Flight was short and smooth, also landed a little ahead schedule which was great. I absolutely cannot complain about Eurowings, as in many other reviews here - I guess the problem sometimes is not the airline (any airline) but the passenger himself.
RouteDusseldorf to Munich