Eurowings

"no reply anymore"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | My flight on September 2nd 2022 from Klagenfurt to Cologne was canceled after long waiting at the airport. The reason was technical issue. I spent the night in a hotel and caught a flight the next day. After coming back home I raised the request for compensation on September 9th 2022. After a few days I just got generic reply that they have a lot of requests and mine will be received as soon as possible. Since then I have been writing them many times, but no reply anymore. Just another observation about the extraordinary airline company Eurowings. We also had an emergency on the return flight from Cologne to Klagenfurt on September 5th 2022. There was technical issue with the airplane again. Just before take-off we needed to evacuate the airplane. After waiting at the terminal they found another airplane. There was just 2,5 hours delay.
RouteKlagenfurt to Cologne
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"An absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | An absolute disgrace. Filthy aircraft. Pillows covered in hair and makeup from previous passengers. Tray tables filthy. Windows filthy. Food was dreadful. Smash instead actually potatoes. Very small amounts. Bread was stale. In-flight entertainment is years old. Pay for headphones. Cabin crew were not fully trained, exits were blocked. Passengers not secured during landing or taxi. Pay to rent a blanket! I am 5ft 4 inches and I couldn't cross my legs because the space between rows is so small. Absolutely never again.
RouteFrankfurt to Cancun

"Hassle free experience"

Trip Verified | Hassle free experience with Eurowings. London to Hamburg and back. I paid for 'basic' but I had a bag that was slightly larger. I had no problems with taking it onboard. This is a complete no frill airline so there was no food, water, WIFI anything like that.
RouteLondon to Hamburg

"Below standard professionalism"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. Below standard professionalism of cabin crew starting by the cabin manager. Cramped seats. Although having the company paying 100 USD to prebook a first row seat when on the plane realized that was actually on the second row with very limited leg room. Unhealthy to travel in these conditions for over 10 hours. Service very poor. If your target is "low cost" good for you because you will not get anything for your money except potential health issues. Even if you are a Star Alliance Gold member and purchased your ticket with Lufthansa, No lounge access, no priority boarding, no miles accrued. My experience in a sentence "Too bad to be true"!
AircraftA330-300
RouteFrankfurt to Windhoek
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"I will look for other airline carriers"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | I am writing this letter to complain about the bad experience I received while travelling via one of Eurowings flights from Cancun to Frankfurt – Flight, number 4Y11. First, the meals were not fresh and were not tasty at all. A lot of the passengers expressed their disgust from them, which by the way went unnoticed by the flight attendants. Speaking of the flight attendants, they were not as friendly as one would expect, and they were extremely slow in fulfilling our requests. It took no less than 30 minutes for me to get a cup of water despite the fact that the attendant passed by my seat at least 10 times. Secondly, I paid a huge amount for my flight tickets, yet it had additional/extra chargers on literally everything; covers, headphones which is super bad, mine didn’t even work properly, our meals & beverages and mid-flight snacks. On top of everything we had no internet access. I urge them to launch a fully comprehensive review of the quality of services offered in their flights taking into considerations the points mentioned above. I am confident that they are not thrilled with receiving complaint letters from your passengers so do something about it. Until then, I regret to inform that I will look for other airline carriers in my next flights when available.
RouteCancun to Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"The worst flight experience"

Not Verified | The worst flight experience. Because our flight from Berlin to Cologne was delayed 1 hour, our luggage got misplaced and has gone missing for our entire 4-day stay in London. We have been without 3 pieces of luggage during our stay here with no correspondence from Eurowings at all. There are no good phone numbers to confirm anything. do not fly with eurowings at all costs.
RouteBerlin to London
Date FlownDecember 2022

"canceled my flight at the last minute"

Not Verified | They canceled my flight at the last minute, leaving me at 10 PM in the connecting city with no instruction or solution to go home. I managed to find (and pay) for a 9 hours train to Berlin. 6 months later, they did not reply to email, didn’t receive a refund, and when you called them, the agent was completely useless, advising you to wait (6 months doesn’t seem enough for her?) or send emails (10 already), because she has no direct connection or number for the refund department - if it exists. Unbearable customer service if we can call it that way, total scam.
RouteMykonos to berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"not consistent with any policy"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Please don’t fly Eurowings. They are not consistent with any policy at all, and lie to their customers. It was promised to take our bags on the plane for 50€ extra, but once in the plane we had to load it in cargo. They promised us it would be ok, as otherwise we would miss our train and we would need to stay an extra night in Dusseldorf. They did not keep their promise. Thanks for nothing.
RouteBerlin to Dusseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2022

"puts profits before customer service"

Not Verified | This is an indifferent airline with a flawed business model that prioritizes and puts profits before customer service and satisfaction. Case in point: Delay outbound from Frankfurt and inbound to Frankfurt by 3 hours. The traveler can secure a specific seat for a fee, BUT gets a different seat assignment at check-in. Is that legal? I guess if you collect money up-front prior to rendering services you can pull these stunts. Meals provided are barely edible (bring your own sandwich for long-haul flights). The cabin staff is friendly. The seats are not designed for today´s traveler, unless you are 150cm a weigh 50kg. In-flight selection is VERY limited and same on return long-haul flights. There is room for improvement, but no incentive to do so. If you run into problems, the government is not far away from providing a bailout funds.
AircraftAirbus 300
RouteFrankfurt to Tampa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"They forced all people to stand in a small area"

Trip Verified | Flight on time for a short 1 hour flight okay. Only drawback. They forced all people to stand in a small area and wait for an hour. I refused to do so because this spot was fully overcrowded. Finally they let me. Nobody understood this. The other thing is that you now have to buy hand luggage like on Ryanair.
RouteCologne to London Heathrow