Eurowings

"impossible to reach somebody competent"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Absolutely ridiculous treatment of client Eurowings lost a bag of my daughter. It is impossible to reach somebody competent on any phone number, they are providing non existing email addresses - this is a complete irresponsible attitude. I am ashamed that such a company is German owned. Their behavior towards clients is not acceptable. After five days no trace of the bag and this is happening within Europe!
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"no refunds for these losses"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed for 3 hours, we lost our connecting flight, and were left without help or compensation. Customers service just ignores any questions. Strongly not recommended for anybody - this company disrespects their duties and their passengers. I have booked two tickets for me and my girlfriend on flight EW9578 from Dusseldorf (DUS) to Palma-de-Mallorca (PMI) on 27.07.2022. That flight was delayed for 3 hours, and because of that, we missed our connecting flight. In such a situation, we were left without any help from Eurowings at PMI airport, without further tickets and any place to live. We were forced to purchase new tickets, for another flight for 210 euros, and lose 7 extra hours. The trip was totally ruined by Eurowings company. The flight was delayed not for a few minutes, but 3 hours, which made us lose time and money, and there were no refunds for these losses! Customer service just ignores any polite emails with questions about the possible solution for this situation, so they ignore their clients and their responsibilities. If you choosing between any other company and Eurowings - choose the other company.
RouteDusseldorf to Palma de Malorca
Date FlownJuly 2022

"at the gate I had to pay 50 euros"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Very dishonest company. The information they sent said that a hand luggage was allowed but at the gate I had to pay 50 euros. The staff was very aggressive and unpleasant.
RouteNice to Dussedorf
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst company we have ever used"

Not Verified | This is the worst company we have ever used so far. There was a delay of more than 2,5 hours immediately in Tampa, then we lost the plane in Frankfurt that was going to Zagreb. No one wanted to help us in Frankfurt, it took us 2,5 hours to find right shelter to get a new plane tickets and then we have to wait almost 6 hours until the second flight and all this not our fault. There was not enough food on the plane especially drinks. You always had to ask and it took a long time to be served. They charged if someone wanted a blanket because it was cold. I will make sure that I never fly with this company again.
RouteTampa to Zagreb via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2022

"receive an email saying it is cancelled"

Trip Verified | My flight from Sweden to Rhodos with my partner was fine, the seats were at the exit and the cabin crew were informative and nice and also nice about me wanting to sit with my partner - we bought our tickets separately. On the way back was the problem. So I had a different return ticket to Sweden then my partner, I went with Norwegian and him with Eurowings. We get an cryptic information email the day before departure and the same day as the flight we receive an email saying it is cancelled. Instead of calling and letting us know and giving us option on how we would like to proceed the hunt for getting him back with me to Sweden becomes a nightmare! We call the customer service and they tell us that they can provide him with a flight 3 days later which is not an option, my partner had a ticket to go back to Australia from Sweden the following day so that was not an option and not either to get a refund! Imagine getting your money back and having to pay twice as much. We told them it's not good enough and they gave us a number to call to proceed with other alternatives but they didn't pick up so we go straight to the airport to speak with them on site. We get to the airport and the staff member that we talk to is a bit clueless and tells us the same thing and we say it's not good enough and we are just waiting to see what they can do for us, in the meantime a woman with her child and mother are in the same situation but because they are 3 people - grandmother, mother and child they get prioritized for the Lufthansa flight to Sweden - which I get but they got the last flight seats which is very unfortunate for my partner! The lady that was helping us is telling us that she is waiting for EuroWings to call back for confirmation if my partner can get a ticket to go with me on my flight and the time is ticking and then they say that it is booked out! I get frustrated and ask them what is going on and I don't want to leave my partner behind and not knowing what is going to happen to them and at the end they tell us to book our own ticket and get reimbursed.
RouteRhodos to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2022

"experienced the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | I experienced the worst customer service when handling a delayed/lost bag. Not only did they block receiving calls about lost baggage, they also give out false information on the location of bags. I’ve been waiting for more than 5 weeks and today finally picked up my suitcase in Hamburg. I did not get notified via email and when showing up at the airport counter today, I was told my bag was sent to Düsseldorf because I did not pick it up in Hamburg after 5 days. I had to go into one of the Terminals and pick out my bag among 500 others.
RouteLondon to Hamburg
Date FlownJuly 2022

"told me in an aggressive way to keep my mask on"

Trip Verified | We, a family of four, travelled from Gran Canaria to Düsseldorf on the 24th of August. During the 4,5-hour flight we had to wear our face masks but with my one year old son this proved to be quite challenging. He sometimes removed my mask to see my face in a playful way. However, this was highly frowned upon by two of the stewardesses during the flight. They were really rude and told me in an aggressive way to keep my mask on. During descent my son experienced some ear pain and we lost the extra belt needed for infants during this commotion. The stewardesses were annoyed instead of being helpful and were reluctant to find the belt. It translated into a very unpleasant attitude on their part trying to make it seem as if we hid the belt on purpose (as if). When the plane landed they made no attempt to help me reaching for a suitcase in the overhead compartment while I held my son. After sending the contact form and calling customer service I still have not received any answer.
RouteLas Palmas to Düsseldorf

"Absolutely shocking"

Trip Verified | A colleague and I flew with EuroWings on Flight EW9331 from Birmingham to Dusseldorf on 17th June 2022. After we had been on the aircraft for about 30 minutes, we were told we would be leaving for our destination without our luggage. We were travelling for a week of business in Dusseldorf. Inside the cases was not only our clothes, but personal effects, laptop chargers, business cards and everything you could imagine when travelling to a business exhibition. Once we arrived at Dusseldorf, we could not do anything about our luggage at the time as it was nearly midnight and the only people on duty were cleaning staff. The aircrew – and this was a Baltic Airlines flight – simply told us to see customer service, and this we had asked details of as we got off the flight. They did not pass a single piece of information to any passenger unless they asked. On Saturday 18th June we returned to Dusseldorf airport and sought out the help of the EuroWings customer services team. We were then told to go to building P3 (lost and found) and search for our cases, which were clearly not there. We returned to customer services, gave all our details (email, mobile telephone numbers, the hotel name and address we were stopping at and kept a record of the reference we were given. We were told that the luggage would be transported to Dusseldorf on the next available flight from Birmingham – and not just the next available Eurowings flight, which we knew would be in the evening of 19th June. We had colleagues booked onto this flight as well. Despite having our contact details we received no email, text message or telephone call throughout the weekend. We then had to go shopping for alternative clothes and basic essentials such as toiletries. My colleague and I tried calling several times on Saturday and Sunday from 6am onwards (once we had purchased a phone charger), but the telephone number for Eurowings customer services in Dusseldorf constantly rang without being answered. We both tried calling for about an hour before giving up. Our colleagues were asking about the luggage before they boarded their flight on 19th June but staff at Birmingham were unaware that there had been an issue on the Friday night flight. My colleague and I then returned at 6.45am on Monday 20th June to the customer services at EuroWings in Dusseldorf airport. My colleague stayed at customer services while I went to search for our luggage, again in building P3. When I got to building P3 I was told our luggage was still logged on the computer system as being in Birmingham, UK. We were finally shown to the luggage belts airside where our luggage was waiting, along with a lot more abandoned luggage. I have contacted Eurowings customers service three times via the online contact form and have heard nothing back at all. The online check for whether we are entitled to compensation or not cannot be done as this flight was operated by Baltic Airlines, and I am told we have to wait to be contacted by Eurowings. Absolutely shocking, not only in the service from the company themselves, but to not receive a reply from contacting them three times since my return to the UK is appalling. Will never, personally or business wise, use this airline again. Shame I cannot give a 0 on the overall rating.
RouteBirmingham to Dusseldorf
Date FlownJune 2022

"not considered hand luggage"

Trip Verified | I find the Eurowings hand luggage policy to be a scam. When boarding, the colleagues are already waiting with a note that says "50€" in bold, because hand luggage trolleys are not considered hand luggage and can only be taken with you at an additional cost. This happened to me and the person after me and before me that we didn't understand during the booking process that we have to pay extra for a trolly. Yes, one can say that one has communicated it. But if so many people don't notice, it's bad communication. At a time when customer focus is becoming more and more important, this 50 euro penalty fee has had a very negative impact on my experience. Ich empfinde die Handgepäck Policy von Eurowings als Scam. Beim Boarding warten die Kollegen bereits mit einem Zettel auf dem fett "50€" steht, da Handgepäck-Trollys nicht als Handgepäck gelten und nur gegen einen Aufpreis mitgenommen werden dürfen. Das ist bei mir und der Person nach mir und vor mir passiert, dass wir beim Buchungsvorgang nicht verstanden haben, dass wir einen Trolly extra bezahlen müssen. Ja, man kann sagen, dass man es kommuniziert hat. Wenn es aber so vielen Personen nicht auffällt, handelt es sich um eine schlechte Kommunikation. In einer Zeit, in der Kundenfokus immer wichtiger wird, hat diese 50 Euro Strafgebühr meine Erfahrung sehr negativ beeinflusst.
RouteLisbon to Düsseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2022

"never experienced such an awful flight"

Trip Verified | I've travelled to Europe for 20 years and have never experienced such an awful flight before. Eurowings Discover is the worst airline. My original flight was cancelled due to Lufthansa protests and we were booked 7 days later with a Eurowings discover flight to For Myers. I was traveling with my 1 year old baby girl and my 7 year old son. As soon as we got to our seats, we noticed everyone's TV's had power but our did not. We asked the flight attendant to please turn on our screens and she just replied that they are out of order and the flight is fully booked so they can't do anything. I replied that this is unacceptable. We're traveling with children on a 10 and a half hour flight, why was I sold these seats if the screens don't operate? She just said, I'm sorry I will ask my cabin manager if we can do something. The flight attendant never returned with a solution. I then pulled a 2nd attendant and asked to speak to the cabin manager. Another hour goes by and still nothing! I got very upset. It seemed like nobody cared that they took our money and everyone had working screens but us. I got up and went to the attendant zone. I waited 20 minutes to speak to someone. A guy came out and said, that he apologized but there is nothing he can do except to send a message to the airline that will send partial reimbursement for the inconvenience. We had the most boring flight. The food that was served to us was disgusting. We were given a sandwich with carrots and soggy cheese on a cold bread. I asked if I can purchase food of any sort other than what they gave us, and all they had to offer us for a purchase was a chocolate stick, a snickers bar or peanuts. The drinks they served were tiny 3 inch plastic cups filled half way with water or soda. The seat had no bassinet attachment for the baby and I had to hold her in my hands for 10 and a half hours. Previous airlines I've traveled to Europe with had a bassinet attachment and the baby sleeps in that. All in all, absolutely the worst food, worst experience flying. Empty promises that they will send a partial credit. As we walked out they waved bye and we never received an apology email or a credit.
RouteSofia to Fort Myers via Frankfurt