Eurowings

"Very nice experience"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | New York to Dusseldorf. Very nice experience in business class. They use old Lufthansa planes which are retrofitted and don't look old. The seat is the same as Lufthansa business seat but it is OK for a low budget airline. It is fully lie-flat and there is ample legroom There was no one seated next to me so it was very comfortable and I could use the seat next to me for storage. There was a nice amenity kit with some good items in it which I still use. Service was very efficient and with a smile. Food was also delicious, the portions were large and everything was very tasty. I would definitely use Eurowings for business class long-haul again.
AircraftA340-300
RouteNew York to Dusseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2018

"The worst airline ever"

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Vienna to Cancun via Dussuldorf. I can't believe such a bad service can actually exist and sells. I bought my flight VIE-CUN via DUS for 1176 incl. 2 main bags. Beside some of the tightest space on the long flight, I was shocked when the airline wanted me to pay for entertainment system for the worst selection of movies I have seen on board. It was cold in the plane, hence I asked for blanket. "That is for 6 EUR!" I was told. Very unfriendly staff, highest price, no food on board, insufficient space, extra fees for all features that should be included for such an enormous price. The worst airline ever, with a big margin! I will avoid travelling with Eurowings.
RouteVienna to Cancun via Dussuldorf

"I am so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Hamburg with Eurowings. What a disaster! This company does not care at all about its passengers. They scrutinised every luggage that would exceed the maximum size allowed to get an extra 30€! No drink! Really expensive! I am so disappointed.
RouteStuttgart to Hamburg
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"All in all nice flight"

Trip Verified | Düsseldorf to Munich. All in all nice flight, but IFE costs and Crew seemed new and not so professional. No meals served but for 25€ oneway you cannot expect anything else. Seat was very nice.
AircraftA330-200
RouteDüsseldorf to Munich

"Latecomers rewarded"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Hamburg to Milan. Latecomers rewarded. I arrived early at the departing gate so as to carry my little trolley on board. Eurowings staff labelled about 30 trolleys starting for the first people arrived, to ship them as registered luggage. All the people, flying my same basic fare, at the end of the queue were able to carry their trolleys on board! Never experienced something like this on any low cost airline. Colleecting the luggage in Milan Malpensa was fairly quick, but nonetheless I wonder why passengers who show up early must be penalized.
RouteHamburg to Milan
Date FlownAugust 2019

"would rather pay extra for a better airline"

Not Verified | Eurowings lost our luggage twice! There and back. It took three days to get our luggage in Stuttgart. We had only one pair of clothes in our carry on. We also had to borrow a comb and pay extra for a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a razor at the hotel. Keep in mind most stores were closed on Sundays and most closed at 8pm during the week. We had to buy shampoo at the Aldis by our hotel and sleep naked. We also had to wash our clothes in the sink with shampoo. Then on our way home the check in was horrible. There was no signs on where to go and the employees were no help. We asked them where to go but they told us wrong. Eurowings airplanes must be old because when we were taking off the lights flickered and there was rattling. Their seats are pretty uncomfortable and there was no headrest. Then at the Berlin airport we had to walk to a different terminal and wait in line for about 45 minutes for passport check. Then when we arrived in the terminal it looked like a third world country. Like an air force base in Afghanistan. Then the boarding line for the flight to Toronto was chaos. Nobody knew where to go and you couldn’t hear the workers over the speaker. Then when we landed in Toronto at the baggage claim we waited for about 30 minutes trying to find our luggage. How can one airline lose our bags twice in one week? We then had to wait in the lost baggage line for 50 ish minutes because there was only two employees. We then got our luggage about three days after we got home. I wouldn’t ever fly Eurowings again. I would rather pay extra for a better airline than losing my luggage and not being able to enjoy my vacation.
RouteStuttgart to Toronto via Berlin
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a bottle of water of 3 eur."

London to Athens via Dusseldorf. Generally the staff was helpful, no significant delays (just 10-25 min, which is not bad). However, I asked for a glass of water and the stewardess told me that I should buy a bottle of water of 3 eur. I can imagine this is because the airline is a low-cost one. You can expect that even a machine wont work in this way. Another thing is that the comfort of the seat is not that spacious. Still having that into consideration that it is a low-cost airline.
RouteLondon to Athens via Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2019

"made a deliberate decision to leave behind the luggage"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | The airline made a deliberate decision to leave behind the luggage of all ten passengers who were transferring from an earlier Eurowings flight rather than run a bit late - this despite that they had no further flight that could bring in the left-behind luggage for nearly two days.
RouteZurich to Cologne via Edinburgh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"luggage delivered 4 days after"

Trip Verified | Munich to Manchester via Dusseldorf. Even though we weren't warned to buy the priority in order to have the permission to take hand luggage with us, during our flight to go back to Manchester (and not for our flight to go to Munich) we were asked to check our luggage in. As we were stopping to Dusseldorf, we asked for the luggage to arrive straight to Manchester. Once we arrived at our final destination we found out that our luggage had never left Munich. The luggage was delivered 4 days after at the address we gave. Don't waste your money on this company.
RouteMunich to Manchester via Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I am now without my luggage"

Trip Verified | New York to London via Dusseldorf. This has to be the absolute worst airline. They charged me $69 for a checked bag that other airlines have considered a carry-on sized bag. My flight to Dusseldorf was delayed by an hour due to inclement weather which was understandable as I didn't mind since I had a 4 hour layover in Dusseldorf. My issue with this airline is that they changed the gate number twice and did not update their digital boards in the airport to alert passengers that the gate had changed. I was only receiving updates via email which I was not getting due to poor internet service in the Dusseldorf airport. They called my name for the flight at the same time they closed the flight. I was originally at the initial gate assigned an hour before my flight and the digital board at the gate was never updated to say that the gate had changed due to this I missed my connecting flight to London since the gates were so far apart and had another passpoint checkpoint. They communicated to me that I would need to check the carousel for my checked luggage that was taken off the plane. I checked three times and there was no luggage. I spoke to a lost and found representative who told me that my luggage was still on the plane and headed to London and not to worry my luggage would be at Heathrow Airport upon my arrival. I got to Heathrow to find that my luggage was not in London and a representative said the contact at the lost and found in Germany only told me that so I wouldn't be a nuisance customer. Due to their non-communication of gate updates I am now without my luggage during a major holiday event for the last two days. Just a reminder to myself that discount does not always mean cheap. This has cost me more headache than anything and I would have spent more money to be on a top airline to now have my luggage so I can fully enjoy my vacation.
RouteNew York to London via Dusseldorf