Eurowings

"decided to change our flights"

Trip Verified | Miami to London via Dusseldorf. They have the worst customer service. We were refused on the flight we booked online and had a full confirmation of. Eurowings decided to change our flights 3 months before without me receiving any notification. When we were at Dusseldorf the agent started to blame Lufthansa (website we originally booked from) and then offered us 15 euros for 2 of us to have lunch. They may change all your bookings and not communicate with you and not = give you anything back.
RouteMiami to London via Dusseldorf
Date FlownApril 2019

"passengers had to translate"

Not Verified | Boarding was on time and efficient. The staff was pretty welcoming. The thing which surprised me was that none of them spoke German and also just very basic and broken English. Some passengers had to translate for example the safety instructions to other, mostly elderly, passengers because the didn’t understood it. Also, when it came to the meal service, they seemed really overwhelmed with finding the passengers who bought a meal for that flight and serving it. The cabin was a bit dirty but it was not bad. Overall, the flight was normal with an on-time arrival in Palma.
RouteStuttgart to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2019

"it wholly exceeded my expectations"

Trip Verified | I flew from Heathrow to Cancun via Dusseldorf. It wasn't fancy - I flew 'Smartclass' and this includes hold baggage and hot and cold meal on the Dusseldorf-Cancun stretch, and a cold snack on the London-Dusseldorf stretch. I'm not going to pretend it's luxury, but it wholly exceeded my expectations. The food was fairly standard, the flights were pretty much on time, and the airline staff were nice. I didn't pay the additional £10 for full access to the screen, but I used the map feature which was excellent. I did see quite a lot of people who were surprised they didn't get food or a beverage included in their fare. I felt this was quite clearly stated when I purchased my ticket - unless you were mindlessly clicking through, then you couldn't have missed it. It doesn't cost much to add on if it's something you're bothered about and, even with this addition, it was still the fasted and cheapest London-Cancun journey by quite a way. I would definitely use Eurowings again, particularly for short stretches around Europe. It's definitely not luxury flying, but it is cheap and efficient. If you don't want to pay extra for food, it's easy enough to pack your own lunch, and if you don't want to pay for the films, they have USB sockets to charge your phones/tablets if you want to watch a film. My main issue with the entire thing was the weird German rye bread (it was disgusting) but that's a pretty small gripe to be honest. Overall, the negatives don't outweigh the positive - I had a good four flights with Eurowings and I would use them again. It's a good airline - if you have enough common sense to read the website when you're booking.
RouteHeathrow to Cancun via Dusseldorf

"Poor customer service"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Poor customer service. Stockholm to Cologne/Dusseldorf. Last flight in January, several airports were affected by a strike. My flights were canceled. Contacted the customer service for rebooking and wanted to get on a flight from Dusseldorf instead. But they told it was not possible, they could only give me a new flight the next day from Cologne as my flights were booked from the same airport. Calling them again, I persisted that I would need a flight back on the same day, and I knew there were seats left on a flight from Dusseldorf. After a while, they told me I was lucky and I was rebooked on that flight from Dusseldorf. Find it very poor, that this help was given me only at a second call. Just booked a flight for the family in May. Unfortunately, we made a mistake when booking. We wanted to postpone the flight for all the 5 of us for 1 day. And only 2 days after we booked everything online. Living in Sweden, we had to call the customer service in Germany. For 5 persons, we would have to pay 700 € just for the rebooking. That was a crazy price, so I asked them, if they could just cancel the old flight, so I would be able to book a new flight. But nope. Contacted the customer service via email and received the same answer. Not even trying to find a solution for us. Following their rules, they have a not mandatory grace period of 24 h. 2 days was not in the frame, not even if we actually were willing to book a new and even more expensive flight. Sent them another complaint, which has not been answered since 1 week. I really do expect more of a good customer service. Will definitely check other airlines before using Eurowings next time.
RouteStockholm to Cologne/Dusseldorf
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Would never recommend"

Not Verified | Berlin to Brussels. My family and I had a connecting flight from Berlin to Stuttgart, Germany. Our original flight got delayed an hour so we had to be moved us to an earlier flight to make our connecting one. Once we got to Brussels we couldn’t find our bags, we went to customer service and Eurowings had left a note saying “you’re luggage is still in Berlin. Sorry for the trouble”. At this point we were very mad because our medicine and toiletries were in our luggage. The next day we had to buy new clothes. They said they would send it to our Airbnb in Paris for when we get there but our train didn’t get in until 9 so it was arranged that they would wait til 9:30. As my mom was on the phone with them saying that we weren’t gonna be there til 9:30 the guy yelled at her and said “You were supposed to be here at 9. Get here or I’m leaving!” After that they got disconnected, and when my mom tried to call back they wouldn’t answer her calls. So obviously we ran to the Airbnb to get here at around 9:15-9:20 to see that he had left. They haven’t given any info to when they will supposedly bring our luggage to us, but we’re furious because we aren’t being compensated even though we have to buy new things again tomorrow. Would never recommend Eurowings!
RouteBerlin to Brussels
Date FlownApril 2019

"Cabin crew fine and friendly"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Düsseldorf. Smooth airline. Took off on time and landed on time. No real issues of note, I would recommend flying them on short haul with Eurowings. Cabin crew fine and friendly.
RouteBirmingham to Düsseldorf
Date FlownApril 2019

"no meal or baggage included"

Trip Verified | Ft Myers to Vienna via Dusseldorf. Eurowings have terrible customer service, the lady I was on the phone with was rude and hung up on me. I was flying from Fort Myers to Vienna there was no meal or baggage included, they said I have to purchase the meal, so I was surprised. I paid $852 for the ticket through Expedia and nothing was included but bottle of water, no baggage no meal. I searched the rules and pages they sent me but I did not notice there is no meal included, I saw about the baggage that I have to pay for it.
RouteFt Myers to Vienna via Dusseldorf

"Eurowings screams cheap"

Trip Verified | Munich to Mauritius. I am a Canadian who was traveling from Toronto (YYZ) to Mauritius. I had a connecting flight from Air Canada to Eurowings in Munich, Germany (MUC). My 8 hour flight with Air Canada (Toronto to Munich) consisted of drinks, wine, snacks and 1 meal. Also a pillow and blanket were provided and tv, games etc. On my 11 hour flight from Munich to Mauritius the flight consisted nothing but a half a piece of bread with cheese and one "juice box" with only water inside. Everything else you had to pay extra. 8 Euros for a drink! Not to mention no blanket or pillow, no tv options. Everything you were required to pay extra. How can you put someone on a flight for so long and give them no food or drink whatsoever? Everything about Eurowings screams cheap including their uniforms and their bad service. This tells me they do not care about the comfort of their customers. I definitely do not recommend choosing to fly with Eurowings.
RouteMunich to Mauritius
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"worst experience ever"

(Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Sarajevo. I had a flight scheduled March 19th at 17:05. P.M. Came to the airport in order to check-in where staff told me that flight time has changed: departure is moved 2 hours in advance so I missed the flight. I haven't received any kind of information about this change: nor email nor SMS. Personnel at the airport told me that they cannot do anything about it, that I should call Eurowing's support. I called and that call was an unpleasant experience as well: I was trying to check if Eurowings can do anything about my problem, but the guy on the other side of a line keep jumping in the middle of my sentence repeating that I cannot prove that Eurowings didn't send an email and that they cannot do anything about my problem. I asked if there is any way that I pay the new ticket and fill some form in order to complain and receive some kind of cost "recovery" but the guy just continue to repeat that Eurowings can't do anything for me. I had about 50 flights in the last several years and this is the worst experience ever! I can't believe that company move the flight and don't inform the customer about it. This was my first experience with Eurowings and will definitely be the last!
RouteStuttgart to Sarajevo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"short but pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Nürnberg to Berlin. A very short but pleasant flight. The check-in at Nuremberg airport was fast and pleasant. The boarding was well organized and efficient. The flight started on time and arrived in Berlin 20 minutes earlier than planned. A very friendly and helpful cabin crew. I had heard a lot of negative about Eurowings before this flight and was therefore somewhat skeptical. But all the concerns I had were unfounded. For the Eurowings is a low-cost airline has made a very good job on this flight.
RouteNürnberg to Berlin