Eurowings

"worst experience ever"

(Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Sarajevo. I had a flight scheduled March 19th at 17:05. P.M. Came to the airport in order to check-in where staff told me that flight time has changed: departure is moved 2 hours in advance so I missed the flight. I haven't received any kind of information about this change: nor email nor SMS. Personnel at the airport told me that they cannot do anything about it, that I should call Eurowing's support. I called and that call was an unpleasant experience as well: I was trying to check if Eurowings can do anything about my problem, but the guy on the other side of a line keep jumping in the middle of my sentence repeating that I cannot prove that Eurowings didn't send an email and that they cannot do anything about my problem. I asked if there is any way that I pay the new ticket and fill some form in order to complain and receive some kind of cost "recovery" but the guy just continue to repeat that Eurowings can't do anything for me. I had about 50 flights in the last several years and this is the worst experience ever! I can't believe that company move the flight and don't inform the customer about it. This was my first experience with Eurowings and will definitely be the last!
RouteStuttgart to Sarajevo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"short but pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Nürnberg to Berlin. A very short but pleasant flight. The check-in at Nuremberg airport was fast and pleasant. The boarding was well organized and efficient. The flight started on time and arrived in Berlin 20 minutes earlier than planned. A very friendly and helpful cabin crew. I had heard a lot of negative about Eurowings before this flight and was therefore somewhat skeptical. But all the concerns I had were unfounded. For the Eurowings is a low-cost airline has made a very good job on this flight.
RouteNürnberg to Berlin
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Luggage Allowance is great"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Rome. Booked Smart Class. Luggage Allowance is great. Snack served tasted horrible. Seats in a land bus is better. Cabin crew not friendly but not bad either. Gates not displayed in the airport screen until 5 minutes prior to closing.
RouteVienna to Rome

"Eurowings never again"

Trip Verified | My mom had to travel from Düsseldorf to New York I booked her round trip, After the booking I found out that with this company the luggage is extra. I get it its ur policy so I called in Germany to add luggage to her flight, Not third party i went on the website of Eurowings to get their contacts, now you people don't have office number or assistants in the USA so i had to call all the way in Germany to get information and add something to my flight, on the official website it said 0.60 euro sent per call. I Called and they ask me for extra money for the service they are providing which is to help me add luggage to my flight, again not a third party company it was their official contact form their official website so they ask me for 20euro for that, I told them no its okay will do it my self online. When the day of the flight came my mom was asked if she is want to order something from the menu she said yes and then they ask her to pay it now she didn't had cash so she gave them only card she had master card and they didn't accepted it because they work only with visa card. Based on my mother and mine experience I cant really say this about Eurowings never again.
RouteDusseldorf to New York
Date FlownMarch 2019

"The cabin crew were pleasant"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Barcelona. Seated in 12F, an Emergency door seat over the wing. The flight left on time, and arrived 10 minutes early. The cabin crew were pleasant. The coffee was 2.50 €. When budget airlines work, they are fine. At least for short distance. I notice Eurowings get some poor reviews, I assume all reviews are valid, and how an airline performs in a difficult situation says a good deal. But based on my first flight with them, I will use them again.
RouteVienna to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2019

"do not help the customers"

Trip Verified | Cologne to Zurich. Rude and unsupportive crew. Just smiles and say good morning, do not help the customers. I will never book Eurowings flight again. Unprofessional crew.
RouteCologne to Zurich

"was unimpressed"

Trip Verified | London to Puerto Plata via Cologne. Used this airline for the 1st time, and was unimpressed. This so called German efficiency is not the case. Emailed the following issues to Eurowings, Booked to have food on the flight and informed it had been done. On flight no food. I found the service not rude but sharp, (not warm and friendly). They messed up a transaction with my card (dual currency card) I gave them, as it was not set up for contactless, but they swiped it without my authority, which then cancelled the card. I then had to find cash to pay for movie. On the return flight not much better, used my Barclaycard and again they swiped it without asking my permission. Paid for the movie, then the screen did not work, the tried to get it working but failed. They offered me drinks or food and I took a snickers bar as I am not a drinker. They also offered to move me to another seat with my wife (so that I could watch the movie) but I said this was impractical as it was 30 minutes into the flight. They said I would be refunded my money but 1 hour into the flight I requested my receipt I was informed they do not give receipts? I have requested my refund on 3 occasions on on writing this review have still not been refunded. Not impressed with the food at all especially their pumpernickel I think we had which tasted like cardboard. Please note the response to my issues raised were a bulk standard almost automated response.
RouteLondon to Puerto Plata via Cologne
Date FlownJuly 2018

"crew were brilliant"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Stansted via Cologne. I read many reviews of Eurowings on this website which filled me with dread when I knew I was flying with them for the first time. Could this airline be as bad as Ryanair? My experience was anything but, they were punctual, crew were brilliant, bags on the belt when we got through to reclaim. I would use Eurowings again.
RouteVienna to Stansted via Cologne

"have flight cancelled"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Birmingham. After a 13 hour flight from Phuket we arrived into Vienna to a 2.5 hour delay. The airline gave us 5 euros each for refreshments which we all know doesn't go very far at airports. Gate information appeared on the screen so we went through security to then have flight cancelled come on screen. We were told to collect our luggage and go to terminal 1. We did just that and it was a nightmare, no one really cared and we were pushed from one person to another. We were found a flight via Munich 12 hours after our original flight and by the time we land in Birmingham it will be 16 hours late. We were given 20 euros each for food and drinks. We travel to the far east about 6 times a year and to be quite honest it will be worth the extra GBP 300 a ticket to fly with Qatar or emirates. Use at your peril if you want to waste a whole day stuck in the airport ,never again.
RouteVienna to Birmingham
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"10 hours at the airport"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Milan via Dusseldorf. My flight supposed to be at 7.55am and the night before they sent me an email and they told me that my flight was cancelled and it would be at 2.10pm. they told me also to be there at 4am in the morning for the check in. Me and the other people spent more than 10 hours at the airport! And than on the flight they didn't accept my debit card and neither my travel card and my cash Australian and American dollars. I couldn't eat for the whole flight. And the hostess didn't care. I will not fly with this company anymore.
RouteBangkok to Milan via Dusseldorf