Eurowings

"barely any space"

Trip Verified | Koln to London. Not only is there barely any space on their flight, Once they cancel your flight, or delay it by 2-3 hours minimum You have to spend money on transport and food till the flight the next day. They should compensate you, but they say it happened to unforeseen circumstances. Their customer service doesn't care, nor do they have any real active agents just avoid this line.
RouteKoln to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the flight is cancelled"

Not Verified | Berlin to Dusseldorf. My flight was supposed to be at 9:20 pm, in front of the gate at 9:00 pm the air hostess announced that the crew didn't come yet from hamburg and the flight is cancelled. Eurowings offered all passengers a hotel and an alternative flight next day (in a very non organized way). After returning to Berlin I sent a claim online for my compensation (250 euros) because of the 1 day delay, they replied with mails saying that the flight was cancelled due to extra ordinary circumstances ! I applied my claim online in an alternative dispute resolution website, and after almost 2 weeks eurowings paid me the compensation!
RouteBerlin to Dusseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"greatly reduced their service"

Trip Verified | Munich to London via Düsseldorf. They have greatly reduced their service since they started. I have a Lufthansa status and bought the SMART tarif so I could access the lounge but now in Munich, Eurowings leaves from Terminal 1 and only provides a waiting area where the only thing free is the water. Although in other airports, you would get access to the LH lounge, they have decided to cut all services in Munich and try to make money on your back instead. On top of that, we got onto the plane and something is falling apart. All the stewardess did was take the piece and put it in the front pocket. Really bad service and poor quality!
RouteMunich to London via Düsseldorf

"Do not recommend"

Trip Verified | London to Cologne. I booked with Eurowings for a Christmas present to go to the markets in December as they had times that suited us at our preferred airport in Stansted. We booked car parking and hotel and then the company change the flight to Heathrow this December. The change is ok but in their email they said to tell them of financial loss. I did and they refuse to refund the money for hotel and car park because of their airport change. Poor service. Do not recommend. If anything changes you're on your own.
RouteLondon to Cologne

"completely untrustworthy"

Not Verified | Berlin to London. The airline is completely untrustworthy. Both legs of a round trip ticket from London to Berlin were changed and lengthened so that I couldn’t make connecting flights. No reason was given. My direct flights became 6-hour endurance tests without notice. How can you book a ticket if they can change departure times, connecting cities and arrival times without notice? Catastrophic. Needed to buy last minute emergency ticket just to make a connecting flight on another airline. All money lost.
RouteBerlin to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"meals had to be purchased"

Trip Verified | Newark to Nuremberg via Dusseldorf. Never heard of an international flight that didn't serve a free meal. I saw nothing that meals had to be purchased in advance when we booked our flights. Water was all we were served free. Will never fly with them again.
RouteNewark to Nuremberg via Dusseldorf
Date FlownOctober 2019

"My lawyer sent them a letter"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Nürnberg. They cancelled the flight and of course I needed a new one. It took 45 minutes to reach them on the phone. When I finally had an agent on the phone, they refused to rebook me on any other airline except Eurowings, which meant that I´d have to wait until the evening to reach my destination. After I demanded compensation of 250EUR they send me an e-mail, talking about extraordinary circumstances which was a lie. My lawyer sent them a letter and then they paid the compensation. Worst airline in Europe. Tickets overpriced for worse than non-existing service!
RouteVienna to Nürnberg
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"extremely low budget in behaviour"

Trip Verified | Just 12 hours before takeoff Eurowings contacted me and sent a short message that they cancelled the flight from Duesseldorf to Bangkok on October 26th. No reason whatsoever was given. Maybe because Eurowings will stop future flights to Bangkok from Dusseldorf airport (My flight was the last one) they already decided to do earlier. Although they offered a refund which I had to choose I don't feel confident. Germanwings only offers to refund the ticket (paid by credit card). Trying to call them seemed impossible. Offers to rebook were all stopped by a red sign on their website. Of course they had no other flights because this one would be the last. People beware they are the worst airline ever. Do not fly with them unless you want to take the risk. Also they are not really low budget in price but extremely low budget in behaviour.
RouteDusseldorf to Bangkok

"no service anymore"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Berlin. There is no service anymore in the standard tariff not even water. And they talk about priority boarding, when everyone basically has priority. I avoid LH Group whenever I can on short- haul.
RouteStuttgart to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2019

"after 9 days I got my luggage"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Bologna. When we arrived in Bologna my luggage wasn't there. A PIR-rapport was filed and after 9 days I got my luggage in Italy. On August 4 I send a claim by email to Eurowings, but still no answer!! After almost 3 months I still have no compensation!
RouteDusseldorf to Bologna