Eurowings

"canceled without any reason"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Stuttgart. They just schedule a flight, wait for customers to pay the ticket and my flight for 31 July canceled without any reason. I just booked the ticket a couple weeks before when the situation is same as now. So they schedule flights for ticket money.
RouteBudapest to Stuttgart
Date FlownJuly 2020

"no response to my inquiry"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I was informed of a last minute significant flight change (Date and Departure) 16 days prior to the new flight date. I attempted to speak to a customer service rep as soon as I could, but the line was either busy and magically disconnected while on hold, so submitted an online inquiry to let them know the flight is not to my convenience. Not to mention that all the notifications were made in German. Of course no response to my inquiry at all and I was excited when the line finally put me through today, but this representative told me that only option that I have is to change the flight before the departure, then he hang up on me when I was asking him a question. I even listened to the recorded conversation before writing this review to make sure there was nothing wrong on my end. I am sorry for what they have to go through with the current situation with COVID-19, but it would not justify this kind of poor customer service they provided. I do hope all of their business would change for the better if they survive.
RouteCologne to Budapest
Date FlownMay 2020

"I still don't have a refund"

Not Verified | Paris to New York. Flight was cancelled and no refund, this before Covid-19. The customer service doesn't answer their phone or hung up when they dont want to speak with you. My flight date was changed two times which wasn't possible for me. I called Eurowings to say I needed a cancellation and refund because I could not make the new date. The guy I spoke to cancelled the flight and said I would receive a full refund within 10 days. 1 month later, I still don't have a refund. I have tried calling several times and either people say they can't help or they hang up (very professional) or they put me through to another number that doesn't pick up.
RouteParis to New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"didn't allow me to board"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Rome via Dusseldorf. They should be ashamed! On 20th March they didn't allow me to board by giving me futile explanations. I had to spend a night in Dusseldorf but they said that I was not allowed because I was not a resident of Germany. This was never been confirmed by an authority. I have been trying to contact them by phone or email for a month to get at least a refund, but they don't consider me at all.
RouteEdinburgh to Rome via Dusseldorf
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They asked me to rebook my flight"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Prague booked for April 2020. Their customer services can only say " Mam, I can't cancel your flight", when I say that you're rude, I want to talk to your manager, she hangs up on me. They asked me to rebook my flight.
RouteHamburg to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2020

"denied for being 4 minutes late"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Dusseldorf. Today I arrived 36 min before departure time at check-in gates in Berlin. I was in an eerie empty checkin hall with dozens of staff having nothing to do. Nevertheless check-in was denied and guaranteed rebooking was denied for being 4 minutes late a the checkin counter. Cost for new ticket: 160 Euro. Instead of being polite to the few passengers left, there seems to be a policy In place to apply an extra portion of rigidity. Sine majority of staff have absolutely nothing to do there is simply no business justification for this attitude Eurowings - Never Again!
RouteBerlin to Dusseldorf
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not as good as outbound leg"

Trip Verified | This was my return leg to Nuremberg from Zurich via Hamburg. My experience was not nearly as good as the outbound leg. The flight from Hamburg to Nuremberg was delayed twice for a total of one hour and thirty minutes with absolutely no explanation. If a flight is delayed, you should (at the very least) let your passengers know why. I’m lucky that I didn’t have to make any further connections. After reading more reviews about this airline I also feel lucky that my bags were not lost or misplaced, so that’s a plus.
RouteZurich to Nuremberg via Hamburg

"not a bad experience"

Trip Verified | Nuremburg to Zurich via Hamburg. Overall not a bad experience. The lady at the check-in counter was courteous, as were the gate attendants. I had to pay for my checked bag but that’s to be expected with a low-cost airline. Boarding at Nuremburg was delayed 10 minutes but it was not an issue. My seat, 11A, had extra legroom which was very nice. The flight attendants were polite and courteous as well. Food and beverages were not complimentary and had to be purchased as well, but again that’s expected. The flights were smooth and my luggage made it to Zurich without any issues. The cabin WiFi ‘Wings Connect’ was not very good so I was better off using cellular data to browse. Overall, comforts are basic but I have no big complaints.
RouteNuremburg to Zurich via Hamburg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"staff are a credit to the airline"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf to Manchester. I had a nightmare of a week with flying due to Storm Dennis and delayed flights etc. I also had a nightmare trying to get my return flight with EuroWings and missed my flight (the only flight that was on time that week). I was very upset and stressed but I just wanted to say that your staff could not do enough to calm the situation, take control and give me the support and kindness to organise another flight. The staff are a credit to the airline and I would like to thank them all. On a separate note a very young lady at security check area was also kind and thoughtful. In a recent quote 'if you can be anything in the world, be kind' Your staff personified that. Thank you.
RouteDusseldorf to Manchester
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they charged 30 euros"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | On my return flight from Dusseldorf to Athens, Eurowings charged me 30 euros for the same, exactly the same, luggage that I took for free on my outbound flight from Athens to Dusseldorf. Even though we were 2 passengers with 1 piece of luggage 55x40x25 they charged 30 euros.
RouteAthens to Dusserldorf