Eurowings

"Staff were welcoming and courteous"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Sarajevo via Cologne with Eurowings. I was apprehensive about catching a connecting flight from Heathrow, but there were no problems. Check in was done with transfer tag and a smile at the start and the bags arrived fine both ways. All four flights were on time. Staff were welcoming and courteous throughout too. The seats on board were more comfortable than Ryanair, Wizz or Easyjet. The on board menu was acceptable although no hot food options are available, but on the positive side their cold drinks genuinely are served chilled too which is great. Price wise the flights were a bargain. Seat selection online can be chosen for free (from London at least) 72 hours before. Overall significantly better ‘low cost’ travelling than I’ve found elsewhere.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sarajevo via Cologne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"don't get all the hate"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Newark to Palma via Düsseldorf. I have flown Eurowings many times and I honestly don't get all the hate they get from others. It's a low-cost airline that gets you from A to B and charges you for almost everything as many other low costs do. It is not the cheapest option out there but it does give good flying hours. I've been delayed with them a few times but they always sent emails giving information even if the delay was 10minutes. On the flight from Newark to Düsseldorf, the flight was late out due to ATC capacity which is a normal issue. The service was standard, we had to pay for meals and drinks which we knew about since it is shown in your booking that they are not included. The seats were also pretty comfortable and the cabin crew were nice. On the short haul flight to Palma also the same. I have no complaints against them and I do think they are trying hard to be better but some passengers just like to rate them 1/10 because they didn't get a free drink or thet had to pay for seat reservation. Welcome to 2020 aviation guys.
AircraftA333 / A321
RouteNewark to Palma via Düsseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2019

"absolutely cannot complain about Eurowings"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Munich. Priority boarding on this flight was quite a good choice, no problem with hand luggage. Very nice and helpful ground staff. I had the impression that the flight attendants were already a little tired, and not that motivated anymore at that time - but they did their job. No drinks/food included in my ticket (“basic tariff”). Flight was short and smooth, also landed a little ahead schedule which was great. I absolutely cannot complain about Eurowings, as in many other reviews here - I guess the problem sometimes is not the airline (any airline) but the passenger himself.
RouteDusseldorf to Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not worth flying Eurowings"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to London. Avoid this budget airline at all cost! This is our second time we flew it and both times we ran into great problems with them. The first time the flight was delayed by 8 hours and the ground crew did not provide any information or help at all, causing great stress for all passengers and mishandling the situation in many ways. The second time they did not want to check our luggage through to our end destination claiming they had no agreement with the second airline, United, through which the ticket was booked. Tat information is false, they have an agreement and in the end, after 40 minutes of hard work and phone calls on our end, they were able to check it through. They made absolutely no effort on their end to solve the situation. Their ground staff is very poorly trained and has a really bad attitude. You get what you pay for after all and avoid loosing valuable time and comfort. You might think you are saving money, but after adding all additional costs for luggage fees, seat fees, drinks, food, headphones and the stress of uninformed, poorly trained personal as well as maintenance issues and delays, it is clearly not worth flying Eurowings.
RouteHamburg to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they just want you to pay"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Munich to Catania. They took my luggage because I had a little bag and they told me it couldn’t fit under my sit so I have to pay for that. On board surprise the sit are big enough for 3 pieces of my little bag. So they just want you to pay. The ground crew was rude.
RouteMunich to Catania

"A dreadful experience"

Trip Verified | Munich to Bangkok. The flight started off on the wrong foot. I asked the attendant for a blanket. Her answer "that costs 6 Euro". I looked for the earphones for the entertainment system. Everyone was offered earphones for 3.50 Euro. After about 1.5 hours the meal arrived, I found it disgusting. A limit of 2 non alcoholic drinks for an 11 hour flight. The stewardesses were polite, but disappeared after the food for the next 7 hours. A dreadful experience. I booked this flight via Swiss, normally a good company. If I had read the very fine print I would have seen that it was not a Swiss flight at all.
RouteMunich to Bangkok

Eurowings customer review

Trip Verified | Munich to Bangkok. Eurowings is a terrible airline, seats very old, earplugs not for free, no hot breakfast on board, customer service zero. I had to ask a few times to get water but never got it. I asked for a blanket for my 4 year old, answer was use your coat. Instead of a hot meal in the morning I got a cheese sandwich. I dont believe I went through all this disgusting experience.
RouteMunich to Bangkok

"lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Agadir to London via Dusseldorf. Worst airline. They ran out of food and lost my luggage and have not found it. The service staff was one of the worst I have ever experienced and the flight was =delayed.
RouteAgadir to London via Dusseldorf
Date FlownDecember 2019

"couldn't prove the ETA approval"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from Dusseldorf to London with Eurowings and from there to Vancouver with Air Canada. Well the check -in people insisted I needed to show them the a proof of ETA to flight to Canada though they are only flying me to London so they wouldnt be able to do check my luggage to Canada. The official Canadian immigration page states that you dont need to show proof of it because it is in the system. I showed them that I have applied and paid for it, showed them I came from Canada not long ago, that the passport was actually issued/renewed there that I have been traveling to Canada constantly, that have family there but couldn't prove the ETA approval. So at the end just checked to London but the delay arguing at check in was such that couldn't catch the flight only by a minute. So couldn't flight that day to London, my son had to travel back to Dusseldorf then again on Sunday because had to change the trip to that day with a fee of CAD$500 plus traveling to Dusseldorf to only find the same situation the people at the counter this time were even more inflexible again when they dont even fly to Canada at the end just left on time for London once there no problem at all to board the flight or enter Canada. Thanks Eurowings neither me or my family will use your service anymore!
RouteDusseldorf to London

"barely any space"

Trip Verified | Koln to London. Not only is there barely any space on their flight, Once they cancel your flight, or delay it by 2-3 hours minimum You have to spend money on transport and food till the flight the next day. They should compensate you, but they say it happened to unforeseen circumstances. Their customer service doesn't care, nor do they have any real active agents just avoid this line.
RouteKoln to London