Eurowings

"seats were relatively comfortable"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Dresden. The flight was very punctual. Boarding procedures were completed in a very professional matter. The crew was very friendly and forward. The on-board meals were very basic. It is a simple choice between a cake or a sandwich. The sandwich tasted very fresh and was tasty. Eurowings also offers 10 mins free on-board WiFi. The "extra leg room" was worth it - the seats were relatively comfortable.
RouteDusseldorf to Dresden
Date FlownNovember 2018

"wasn't as bad as I thought"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Geneva via Dusseldorf. I had very low expectations ahead of time, so the airline wasn't as bad as I thought. Seats were a little uncomfortable and stiff, but otherwise not awful for what I thought would be a half cost flight. I had no service at all - you even have to pay extra for coffee unless you have bought it in advance. But again, fine, I had planned for nothing after reading reviews. And again, it was a cheap flight. I was nervous about the plane being late with a connecting flight in Dusseldorf and bought travel insurance to cover any trip interruption through CSA. Be advised the scope of what they cover is very limited. The plane was on time but I missed my flight because I got tied up in security and then couldn't find the gate in Dusseldorf - the Eurowings gates are underground and a bit hard to find. Anyway, my problem, right? But if you miss your connection they don't re-book you on the next flight, you have to buy a whole new ticket, and the second one for my 1.5 hour flight from Dusseldorf to Geneva cost more than the whole trip. Then you have to haggle with your travel insurance to get your money back. The CSA travel insurance plan was useless. CSA might not cover you for a late plane unless it's one of their reasons listed like a mechanical breakdown or weather conditions. Before getting this insurance you should check to see if it will cover you if Eurowings just gets booted down the take-off line at the airport and your plane is late. So my low-cost flight ended up costing me what I could have spent on a nonstop flight with all the perks. I would take this airline again if I don't have any bags, very light carry on, and a nonstop trip with some time on the other end. (They only allow 8 kgs or 17 lbs so if you have any equipment books, etc, you will be overweight, they will make you check it and charge you.)
RouteNew York to Geneva via Dusseldorf

Eurowings customer review

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to London. Just before boarding I got message that the flight are delayed for departure by an hour because they didnt realise that Dusseldorf airport are shut until 6am. Entered the aircraft and asked for a blanket which are a very usual things to provide but you have to buy one if u need one. Asked for a headset to watch a movie and it requires €9 for any sort of entertainment. 14 hours in that measurable airlines with food to purchase where I paid normal airline fare. When we landed in Dusseldorf the captain announced that it cant park as another aircraft has blocked his spot and they cant find a pushback truck. Utterly disgusted and surely I wont choose this airline again in my life.
RouteBangkok to London via Dusseldorf
Date FlownNovember 2018

"downright bad in service"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf to New York. Eurowings is downright bad in service. Ground staff is not well trained. The website can not be checked in. No two persons with the same initials can be registered via the website: this is blocked, even though it concerns different dates of birth. Then you have to pay 150 at the counter to correct their own mistake. Scandalous. Complaints are not responded to. Eurowings strategy: send a response email that it takes 6 weeks to get a response. I filed a complaint in July 2018, remembered in September, still no response in November 2018. The total lack of any service and the decency to respond to complaints at all. Eurowings: once but never again. Eurowings is ronduit slecht in service. Grondpersoneel is niet goed opgeleid. Via de website kan er niet ingecheckt worden. Er kunnen geen twee personen met dezelfde voorletters worden aangemeld via de website: dit wordt geblokkeerd, ondanks dat het om verschillende geboortedata gaat. Vervolgens moet je 150,-- aan de balie betalen om hun eigen fout recht te zetten. Schandalig. Op klachten wordt niet gereageerd. Strategie van Eurowings: stuur een reactiemail dat het 6 weken gaat duren om reactie te krijgen. Ik heb in juli 2018 klacht ingestuurd, in september herinnerd, in november 2018 nog steeds geen enkele reactie. Het totaal ontbreken van enige service en het fatsoen om überhaupt op klachten te reageren. Eurowings: eens maar nooit meer.
RouteDusseldorf to New York
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no responsibility and ownership"

Trip Verified | London to Berlin. We flew from Calgary via Montreal and London on Air Canada. Then our last segment to Berlin was a code share with Euro/Germanwings to Berlin. Our luggage arrives 4 hours later on a different flight and the baggage handling people could not even tell me when the luggage would be delivered to our hotel after 3 days. Eurowings uses WISAG as their luggage handling company and there was no responsibility and ownership taken by either the airline or luggage company. I eventually told them to ship my luggage back to Calgary but they still took extra 5 days to get it back to us. It has been more than two weeks since I submitted the claim for compensation and you think they responded at all? No, not a single email or call. Never with this airline again.
RouteLondon to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Hamburg. Another delay and the boarding gate is not capable of announcing delays and by saying that boarding starts a few minutes later instead of 45 min later. A lot of flights are not operated by Eurowings but by charter airlines under Eurowings flight number. Old planes are commonly used. I always try everything to avoid this airline. From my personal point of view, this venture has destroyed the Lufthansa brand.
RouteVienna to Hamburg
Date FlownOctober 2018

"unable to land their aircraft in fog"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Cologne-Bonn. Loads of planes landing and taking off at Stansted in heavy fog. But apparently due to German crew flight classification they are unable to land their aircraft in fog and so diverted to Heathrow. Ridiculous scenario when the sky and apron and filled with Ryanair flights actually going somewhere in the fog. For once, I really wish I’d booked Ryanair. Rude customer service staff at gate who were dismissive, lacked and information or interest in providing some to passengers. Poor service.
RouteStansted to Cologne-Bonn
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Flight was very enjoyable"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Hamburg. I booked the Basic fare, so no drinks or extras on my 1,5h flight to Hamburg, and that was totally fine. Booking and online checking on their website was easy. Flight was on time and very enjoyable. There was even more legroom (standard seats, not the extra legroom seat) than some premium carriers have.
RouteVienna to Hamburg
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never ever use them again"

Trip Verified | London to Kos via Hamburg. We had a carry on case each and one hold case. When we arrived at Kos our hold case didn't come and it had been lost. All of my partners clothes were in there as well as all of my shoes, toiletries and hair straighteners and iPad. He had a suit in his carry on luggage as he was best man at a wedding in Kos, so everything else was in the hold luggage. We had to buy all new clothes for him, toiletries and shoes for both of us. It cost us a lot of money. We were told the case would turn up the day after we arrived, it didn't, I kept calling the airport and they were saying it was on it's way then it wasn't. We ended up getting it back the night before we went home, my hair straighteners and iPad were missing, and the case was damaged. I emailed Eurowings when we we got home (13th August we arrived home) I still haven't had a reply other than a confirmation that they received my email just after I sent it, I sent a follow up email a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Awful company, our holiday was ruined and they haven't even got the decency to give an apology or offer any form of compensation. I will never ever use them again and I will be sure to tell everyone to avoid them.
RouteLondon to Kos via Hamburg
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the worst flight I ever had"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Munich. It was the worst flight I ever had, low cost airlines would seem as a luxury way of travel compared to Eurowings. Their website is hard to use, for the cheapest ticket price you don't get a meal (on 11 hours flight) and it wasn't obvious during the booking process, There are no legroom at all, I feel okay with RyanAir or AirAsia flights, but Eurowings seats are smaller, couldn't sit there (11 hour flight). Flight was delayed for ~3 hours, that made me miss my connecting flight. It took 2 more hours at Munich airport to get my answer: because delay was under 5 hours and my connecting flight was with another airline, Eurowings are not responsible for anything, I can go sleep somewhere in corner at the airport now. Some may say that price was cheap, but it's not true, a year ago I had a flight with Air France for the same amount of money, so it's not an excuse.
RouteBangkok to Munich