Etihad Airways

"money that was taken from me for no reason"

Trip Verified | I have been messaging, emailing, calling Etihad to explain and return money that was taken from me for no reason. I have explained it to at least 3 people, and the response is always, we'll get back to you. This is not a case of refunding. This is simply a case of a cancelled booking, where the money was refunded then taken again. I didn't make another booking, I didn't use the ticket and I certainly did raise a complaint and explained it in detail. What does Etihad do - nothing. They hire multiple different partners it seems, each from a different region and they are impossible to connect you with someone from actual headquarters. I have been promised a call for the past 2 days.
RouteAbu Dhabi to New York
Date FlownJuly 2022

"just atrocious and money hungry"

Not Verified | London to Sydney via Abu Dhabi. Avoid this horrific company at all costs. Booked tickets to my grandmothers memorial in March in England. Come time to return from London and at the airport, the customer service assistant tells me “there might not be a seat for me”. I ask her to clarify as I have family in London and would rather stay there than in Abu Dhabi as I am alone. She doesn’t respond and I make it on the plane. Confusing woman. None the less I got on the plane and arrive in Abu Dhabi, wait at the gate for 3 hours for my connecting flight, and within the final 5 minutes they tell me I am unable to board the flight as it was over booked. The horrible man at customer service offered me a ticket TWO DAYS LATER. I vehemently denied this. Next flight was 14 hours later with a stop off to Melbourne. I’ve missed the entire day of work. You cannot be serious that a long haul flight over books. That’s just atrocious and money hungry - shame on this airline. Never before experienced such hideous, appalling customer service or lack of accountability from a company. Not a sorry in sight and all of their workers seem to act as if it is their first day - no one has a clue what they are doing. It’s the strangest experience. They gave me a voucher for a meal which could only be used at Burger King or a random Curry House which understandably doesn’t seem appealing before travelling for 14 hours. The voucher didn’t even buy a coffee. What on earth! They also gave me a $300 USD voucher for my troubles. Went in the trash straight away. Never had such a terrible experience and would NEVER recommend to anyone. Shameful and an embarrassment to their country.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst in customer service"

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst in customer service from the booking process to the agents at the airport who have no knowledge what so ever about entry requirements to any country. All they care about is money, they are rude and extremely unprofessional.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I recommend Etihad Airways"

Trip Verified | Long trip to Thailand for a family of four, including two kids of 12 and 10 years old. I recommend Etihad Airways for professionnalism, the friendliness of its crew, and general reliability. All flights on-time, no luggage problem. Comfortable Boeing 787 with rich in-flight entertainment. The density in economy class is high, but this is understandable given the low ticket price. Abu Dhabi is not the newest and most comfortable airport for a connection, but it's not a big deal.
RouteGeneva to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | What an absolute nightmare and waste of $1,200. I had a flight credit for a canceled flight, but their website gives me a "card" error every time I try to use my travel bank credit, even with the flight being cheaper than my travel bank credit balance displayed on the payment page. I called Etihad to book the flight via phone and they are charging almost $100 to book the flight over the phone as a guest service fee. I emailed them screenshots of the payment screen with my travel bank balance, and they said it is not a valid reason to waive the $100 travel bank fee. Our original flight was booked during COVID from Kuala Lumpur back to Istanbul, where we were living. They canceled the flight within 24 hours of booking, and would only issue a travel credit. They were intentionally keeping bookings open for flight routes that they were canceling to collect airfares and turn them into travel credits. Horrible customer service. Avoid at all costs. I'm choosing to sacrifice my entire travel credit over paying them some BS $100 fee to talk to someone on the phone because their website sucks.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul

"rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Dhaka to New York via Abu Dhabi. Very bad experience and they changed our original flight to a 13 our transit and refused to give us hotel. Staff are very rude and unprofessional. Never again Etihad.
RouteDhaka to New York via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I would not recommend this airline"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Worst airline I’ve tried!! We took 4 planes from Qatar to Bahrain and back through Abu Dhabi, 3 of those flights got delayed. In one of the flights we had to sit in the aircraft without ventilation or AC for almost half an hour in a crowded flight. Not to mention The staff is not friendly at all and the tickets were pricy. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteDoha to Bahrain via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"did not impress me with service"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | We booked 4 flights from Vienna to Seychelles and back. Every flight had issues. 1st flight delayed for 3 hours without any explanation given to passengers. I was not able to check-in online with economy seat as none were available anymore despite fact I logged in at the precise time check-in opened. Had to pay 160euro for economy space and the seat did not recline & was broken. But to my surprise I also noticed free economy seats during flight. Wasted money. 2nd flight was a night flight and crew was waking up all passengers to serve food, there should be a better way to do it. On Way back we could not start check-in bags at airport as their system failed. Main flight back from Abu Dhabi to Vienna did not serve alcohol. why? We arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule only to be left 45 minutes without any ventilation in the plane, as crew did not agree a car to drive the passengers to airport. In general, I cannot understand why a "premium" airline does not want to dock the plane to the airport but wants their passengers to board/ disembark from cars in 40 degrees. Flight crew did not impress me with service.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteSeychelles to Vienna via Abu Dhabi

"will fly them again"

Trip Verified | Etihad delivers a fine product from the ground to the air. Once onboard was shown to my seat by the cabin manager and served a glass of champagne and fresh orange juice. So much food was on offer and I ate my fair share. Cabin crew constantly asking if I was fine and needed anything. The seat was so comfortable and loved the massage function and the ability to change the cushion from soft to hard giving the best seat comfort. A sensational amount of movies and TV shows to keep you awake the whole flight. Really impressed with Etihad and will fly them again.
RouteJakarta to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"staff did absolute minimum only"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Masks still have to be worn on board, that it getting a bit old. Felt that staff did absolute minimum only, much much interaction with guests. Needed assistance with luggage when boarding (accident), a flight attendant assisted, but I was on my own after landing, nobody cared. No free WiFi in business class Food was fine, good wheelchair service after landing in Abu Dhabi.
RouteZurich to Abu Dhabi