Etihad Airways

(Austria)

March 9 2014 and flight numbers EY407 EY71. The worst customer service I have dealt with. Staff very rude with zero regards to passengers. We had a total of 24 hours delay on our flight and they did not offer us a hotel or anything and when dealing with feedback staff they did not even apologize. We received a boarding pass and were denied boarding after being re-routed because we were not re-booked properly - although there were free seats on that flight causing us another 11 hours delay.

Etihad Airways customer review

I traveled several times with them and each time has been a nightmare. Flights being delayed for 4 to 5 hours is common. Last time I flew out of Kuwait the lady at check-in told me: Sorry Sir but the flight is delayed. 2.5 hrs on a 90 minute flight. Of course I was not offered any voucher not even for a drink of water! The worst was my recent flight to Morocco from Abu Dhabi. The flight scheduled to leave at 2 am finally left at 7 am. Not a single announcement was made to inform passengers or to guide them to some desk to get assistance or a voucher. Up to 7 am the airline's website kept listing the departure on time at 2 am. The company was not to blame with the delay the airport was experiencing a failure of the lighting system on the runways. The Etihad service desks were swamped with stranded passengers needing to be rebooked. It was madness to try to get to the desks. Etihad staff was trying their best not to been seen. No attempt was made to bring order to chaos. Things did not get any better once I finally arrived in Morocco. Being so late I had missed my connection. No help from Etihad no one in the airport to guide passengers and assist them.

Etihad Airways customer review

I was disappointed when I tried before my flight to arrange meals that were both wheat and dairy free. I was told that I must choose one or the other. Business class surely costs enough to cover this. My first meal consisted of a starter - a chicken breast and a main course - another chicken breast! I decided that there was sufficient choice on the main menu to find suitable options. I felt that I was paying enough to be given a gluten free choice. The entertainment was really poor for European travellers.

Etihad Airways customer review

24th Feb from Manchester to Abu Dhabi then from Abu Dhabi to Lahore. Onboard the cabin crew gave a warm welcome were polite and helped us find our seats. Seats were very comfortable the inflight entertainment was excellent and I like the fact that I could see take-off from my screen. There were not many facilities provided for infants I was traveling with my 2 year old nephew. I disliked that the food was served very late. Another irritating fact was that the airplane was just too cold. Abu Dhabi airport was good there were guides everywhere however the flight was delayed 2 hours. Flight departed 15 minutes late flight from Abu Dhabi to Lahore was quite bad the airplane was not in a good condition and smelt.

Etihad Airways customer review

EY460 9th March from Manchester to Abu Dhabi. This was my first long haul flight so wasn't exactly sure how it would be. Excellent flight with very attentive service comfortable seats and good inflight entertainment. 2nd leg of journey from Abu Dhabi quite poor in comparison. At Abu Dhabi airport was sent to the wrong lounge and no one seemed to have information on our flight details. Lounge very busy. Once onboard the flight staff initially helpful but that soon wore off. Was offered a drink which I accepted only to have it taken away unfinished with no explanation. Obviously an older plane not the one shown on the website and the seats were a bit worn. I hadn't realised that the flight was with an Etihad partner Virgin. I chose to travel business class for the reason that Etihad have flat beds some help with how to flatten them would have been good. Most people sleeping presume this was the reason there was no meal offered? I had to ask for breakfast I don't really consider a bowl of cornflakes a round of toast or a steak sandwich on a 13 hour flight acceptable. The cost of this flight was £3400 I could probably have a few nights in a five star hotel for that. I have my return journey home in a couple of weeks can't say I'm looking forward to it!

(South Africa)

Flight from Abu Dhabi to London 28 March. Transfer from an Air Seychelles flight easy but a long walk. Flight to London delayed but information board gave no reason and how long the delay would be. Ground staff didn't seem to know. A 90min delay. Flight full. Families had been separated and ground staff had no clue how to resolve and were just inept. Boarding chaotic with no order. Shame as once on board and off the ground the cabin staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Food good - a snack bag to start with (flight left around 3am) and then hot breakfast prior to arrival. Good entertainment system. Seats somewhat cramped - they get in an extra seat across a 777 like Emirates - and seat pitch average. Good fares. Need to improve the quality of ground staff at Abu Dhabi as this spoils a good product in the air especially their cabin staff. Worth considering.

Etihad Airways customer review

I had flown Etihad business class from Chicago to Abu Dhabi and I rated it as very uncomfortable in fact one of the worst BC seats ever flown. On the return I did first class from Abu Dhabi to New York and the experience was outstanding. The seat was extremely comfortable and the service outstanding. The food was good and varied while the privacy doors around the seat were perfect for a 14 hour trip. I was extremely happy and wish more of the international airlines (American carriers will never get their act together) would provide similar first class experience. I look forward to my next visit to UAE and I will avoid the connection through Chicago and instead use NY.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Etihad Airways customer review

Brisbane to London Heathrow. March 28/29. This is the second time we've used this airline the first being Business Class to and from Australia from London last year. Our overall feelings? The reputation of the airline as 'the best' seems to us to reflect (if true) on how bad other airlines must be though our experience of Emirates flights London/Melbourne have always been better. We had ample airmiles for upgrade on one leg back but were told these classes were 'sold-out' which on observation passing the seats on exit was patently not the case! The Etihad seats for a tall man like me are a nightmare no way to get a headrest into high position to rest head. The space is confined and restrictive. Although Silver Guest card holders we were never advised that we could book actual seats well before the 24 hour on line service. Whilst many of the aircrew really are very nice some are poor at communicating. The food? Well this time much worse than before mostly inedible and boring. I'm afraid we feel this airline is terribly overrated and will never travel with them again.

Etihad Airways customer review

SYD-AUH EY 455 5th March. AUH-MAN EY 021 planned departure 6th March actual 7th March. Our major points of contention with the airline and Abu Dhabi airport are: Poor or non existent communication with any of the passengers poor or non existent communication between various members of staff inconsistency of information especially on the airport display boards rudeness from some of the staff (ground crew) although many were polite friendly and tried to calm passengers as much as possible. Abu Dhabi airport does look very impressive from the outside (viewed due to need to use a transit hotel in the city) the duty free/shopping area looks smart and there is a good deal of high tech equipment but: it is small and cramped for the number of passengers travelling through even if the flights are on time staff are either incompetent or badly trained. Communication with passengers is abysmal - PA announcements are limited and the display boards are very inaccurate. The abudhabiairport.ae website is inaccurate and not kept up to date catering facilities would make a small village shopping centre look impressive - and they do not cater for either the volume of passengers or offer them much by way of choices. The idea of queuing in order to get into a departure gate lounge is pathetic at the least and you do not make passengers queue for over an hour just to get to this point. On the plane the service started well with a very attractive stewardess taking our food order but after that they all disappeared. We are used to cabin crew walking thru regularly to check on passengers but with Etihad you have to use the call button! We would not recommend Etihad.

Etihad Airways customer review

JFK to Mumbai via Abu Dhabi. The staff in Abu Dhabi were very rude they have zero understanding of the boarding process. Flight was delayed by 1 hr and they kept saying the flight was on time. Food was ok. Return journey similar issue. Flight from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi was delayed 2 hrs. Abu Dhabi to JFK flight was good. I would not travel Etihad again.